PDA

View Full Version : NeoCron: Blackscreen?

RuButt
15-08-03, 18:26
Ok - why do i get a blackscreen when i try to start NeoCron?

i have tried: reboot, reinstall and filecheck - still not working... =/

ive played earlier today - not dloaded any files or done anything...but now it wont work..

First i would just get black screen after i had logged in, selected server and char - but now i get the blackscreen directly i click "play neocron" on the neocron launcher - only exit is to reboot..

since ive played this game since beta - on the same comp - with the same OS....and never seen this problem ....i have no idea wtf to do....warcraft 3 had a 'blackscreen' if u tried to play on a sertain gfx card...

well - i run on 98......

(since i kinda lost myself somewhere in the middle - hmm...short: Comp+Neocron=Fubar - i think - help me.)

Spy XX
15-08-03, 18:34
do you have a firewall? cause this happened to me when i use zonealarm, and everytime i started neocron and it tries to connect zonealarm asks if you want to allow this in the background and froze my comp.

RuButt
15-08-03, 18:38
as i said - ive played since beta 4 with the same comp same os - same progs - except for that i changed to winamp instead of sonique for like 5 or 6 months ago.....but that shouldnt mather...since ive played for 5 or 6 months with a different mp3 player......so i have no idea whats wrong =/

Spy XX
15-08-03, 18:41
hm all other games don't freeze ?

RuButt
15-08-03, 18:43
funny thing is - everything works but neocron when it freezes - but i cant turn neocron off without rebooting...alt tabbing dont work.

Spy XX
15-08-03, 19:19
hm under windows xp i would tell you to use ctrl-alt-del, cause the tab turns up instantly, you may try that under w98 too, but you may need to wait up to 2 mins.

RuButt
15-08-03, 19:56
B-Womp (bump)

Krll
15-08-03, 19:59
The only thing I can recommend now then, is re-install your OS. Sucks, but if you've tried re-installing the game with no luck, then this is the next step.

Also, does Alt-F4 shut NC down in this state?

Sorry I can't be of more help.

-Krll

enablerbr
15-08-03, 20:01
did you try reading the error.log?

RuButt
15-08-03, 20:01
nope, Ctrl+alt+del no workie - alf+f4 no workie

but if i go into windows mode - all other programs still work...bah - reinstall OS.....im supposed to have some OP war thingie tonight =/

bah!

Foma
15-08-03, 20:05
I have the same problems........not always but often. And I also run under win 98.
I canīt say, what will help, but I can say: It makes no sense to switch of Zonealarm, to take the newest version of directX, to install NC new.
Alt F4.......doesnt work.

The problems have started after the last patch (at my comp). Hm, I think we both have to install "windoof" again :mad:

msdong
15-08-03, 20:06
haha, maybe u are from NY :)

hmm, i have this problem once with my testserver installation.
but all worked after i deleted the whole directory and reinstalles NC again. i did not even the old patches and get them new.

Krll
15-08-03, 20:08
Originally posted by msdong
hmm, i have this problem once with my testserver installation.
but all worked after i deleted the whole directory and reinstalles NC again. i did not even the old patches and get them new.

That's a good point... did you delete the directory before re-installing Rubutt?

-Krll

Nasher
15-08-03, 20:19
Sounds like corrupt driver or directx files.

Krll
15-08-03, 20:22
Originally posted by Nasher
Sounds like corrupt driver or directx files.

Possible solutions being:
Try re-installing your graphics card and/or DirectX drivers.

-Krll

FireST@R
15-08-03, 20:24
I know this isent the same kind of problem.. but I cant alt tab out of NC ... do stuff .. and then alt tab inside again.. All I get it black screen .. the game is running in the background.. but the screen stays black..

anyone got any ideas on what I should do

Ps.. I tried : reinstalling Drivers + new versions - reinstalling Windows - not using Firewall and antivirus - reinstalling NC

RuButt
15-08-03, 20:37
sorry fire, dunno.

gonna reinstall my graphic card...

but alot of weird shit happend since the last patch, like the "failed to join proxy server"...

bah!

Knar
15-08-03, 21:40
GET IT TO WORK! I SOOOOOOOOO NEED U RUBUTT!

Krll
15-08-03, 21:44
Originally posted by Knar

Kinky.

-Krll

Itth
15-08-03, 21:45
Originally posted by Knar

:P i havnent playeed nc for ages and to be honest i dont miss it a bit. omg.

although playing guitar 7 hours a day is getting on my nerves, my finger tips feel like leather.

Promethius
15-08-03, 21:59
Originally posted by RuButt
Ok - why do i get a blackscreen when i try to start NeoCron?

i have tried: reboot, reinstall and filecheck - still not working... =/

ive played earlier today - not dloaded any files or done anything...but now it wont work..

First i would just get black screen after i had logged in, selected server and char - but now i get the blackscreen directly i click "play neocron" on the neocron launcher - only exit is to reboot..

since ive played this game since beta - on the same comp - with the same OS....and never seen this problem ....i have no idea wtf to do....warcraft 3 had a 'blackscreen' if u tried to play on a sertain gfx card...

well - i run on 98......

(since i kinda lost myself somewhere in the middle - hmm...short: Comp+Neocron=Fubar - i think - help me.)

omg i had the same damn problem. It stopped but once and a while it will come back. My new Neocron error is that after i launch neocron adn get past teh 3 logos screen. Just ebfore the login screen comes up it loads fora couple seconds...well my neocron jsut stops responding and i have to ctrl + alt + del to get outa it.

yes i tried reinstalling 2 tiems, file checker, swearing at it, and kicking it. none of these worked.

Also with ur black screen prob....it is a serious pain in ass. i once had to restart 5 times to get it workin... after u hit launch neocron teh black screen just stays black and nothing happens. if u ctrl + alt + del to clsoe it it says it can't clsoe because its debugging or something... its fucked.

RuButt
15-08-03, 22:03
out of boreness (no NC) i thought that i wud sort my screens, here is a lil bit of my screens, just to show that _I AM_ saturns biggest newbie killer.

http://photopile.com/photos/werttt/family/27319.jpg

at least five 0/2's in that pile.

Krll
15-08-03, 22:06
out of boreness (no NC) i thought that i wud sort my screens, here is a lil bit of my screens, just to show that _I AM_ saturns biggest newbie killer.

Big chuffed willies for you. :rolleyes:

-Krll

Promethius
15-08-03, 22:10
lol rebutt nice.

i got 1000+ screenies of dead people. I like how u showed the name/ clan / rank thing. I'm gunna make one now.

RuButt
15-08-03, 22:10
after waiting for the answer in 5 mins on MSN, ICQ & mIRC - i must ask you

what the fuck is 'chuffed willies' ?

btw prom - thats not all :o

i got urs somewhere :p

*ph33r*
15-08-03, 22:13
RUBUTT ROXORZ!!1111oneoneandoneagainhurhur

Kr3Yc3K
15-08-03, 22:15
everyone knows that _Uman_ is the *REAL* biggest newb killer on saturn

so shut it... newb

Ren
15-08-03, 22:17
Originally posted by Kr3Yc3K
everyone knows that _Uman_ is the *REAL* biggest newb on saturn

so shut it... newb

whatever you say.

Oath
15-08-03, 22:20
I had / have the same problem, but i got blackscreen when i tried to go in as a char, still waiting on an official; response from the techies (Bea to be precise). When i get it ill post it.

I reinstalled everything to no avail (including windows), again ive gone through everyfile and error log and stack file, but no possible causes. But the server reeboot has kinda fixed it for me so far.........so far.

Greets,

Oath.

Krll
15-08-03, 22:21
what the fuck is 'chuffed willies' ?

Lol...

Well, in UK... chuffed means "pleased with yourself" amongst other things... willie is your penis... so chuffed willies means you are pleased with your penis...

In general it's a term meaning "yeah, good for you", usually in a sarcastic way. :)

-Krll

*ph33r*
15-08-03, 22:22
RULE BRITTANIA!!!!!!

Kr3Yc3K
15-08-03, 22:25
Originally posted by Ren
whatever you say.

o_O

:lol:

Ulle
15-08-03, 22:30
Lay off the spam guys, if there was'nt some very slight hint of a problem in this thread it would be closed, but since it seems there is some chat about fixing some problems with play NC it will remain open....for now.

RuButt
15-08-03, 22:41
yeah ppl - lets keep it open to at least tomorow when i have reinstalled my OS - then u can spam it

i did nothing...nothing at all....nothing.......no.......

RuButt
16-08-03, 17:49
OK!

now its working, what i did:

updated graph card!

sooo....err...yeah!

thats how u solve the blackscreen, update ur gfx card!

Ulle
16-08-03, 17:58
Problem Solved

Thread Closed (to prevent you nasty spammers from...spamming)