PDA

View Full Version : My PVP loot idea

Futureman
15-08-03, 17:57
Well here it is i mentioned this in another thread and someone told me to remark it so here goes.

Its pretty simple, actually. I think pvp should work like PVM. If you kill someone your level you both risk the same amount of loot. If you kill a noob who you outrank 20 times then you get nothing. But conversly you get a ton of loot if a bunch of noob players team up on a very high lvl runner. That way people will have incentives to kill higher level chars instead of lower lvl chars. Everyone kills high lvl mobs because of the drops. I think it would work the same in PVP

\\Fényx//
15-08-03, 18:10
then how's it work if you get 2 or 3 people to kill someone, or someone who is rank /6x gets attacked by a /20 while at next to 0 health as he's just been soloing a grim or a warbot ro something

harold44
15-08-03, 18:14
Then you cry.

greendonkeyuk
15-08-03, 18:15
more to the point what would drop???

one item or multiples?

most expensive or cheapest first?

who would get "loot" rights too?

Capped chars already get nothing from noobs mate.... because noobs dont ever drop anything worth having....

The amount of times ive hacked a belt and left its contents next to it for another noob to pick up.....

\\Fényx//
15-08-03, 18:16
Originally posted by harold44
Then you cry.

No you dont, its a nice idea just not thought out properly... Considering the way SL is worked out i doubt that neocron could determine the damage caused by a mob and a player, like the 0/2 punches the capped tank, then the capped tank dies to a 120/120 mob, and the newb runs in and grabs the uber loot belt O_o

Viruz
15-08-03, 18:20
Yea Fenix, the SL thing is whacked, but NC manages to figure out if u drop a dogtag or not. if a player does more then 50% of the dmg u drop one, if a mob/turret does more then 50% u dont drop a tag...

Futureman
15-08-03, 18:37
very true,

hehe the only thing this is for is not to prevent people from killing noobs because the loot is bad, but to encourage low level peeps into ganking higher people. Just imagine three lvl 40 noobs against one lvl 60 runner. Its feasable that they could take him down. Who gets the loot? It doesn't really matter IMO because there is the same prob with all mobs. The dogtag idea is proof of this to me. You get a dogtag, then the new loot rules go into effect. If no dogtag is dropped, then the killed by a mob loot rules go into effect. Imagine if you were a lvl 50 runner. Would you rather go PK 10 noobs to find some crap drop? or would you rather go with your buddy and kill a lvl 60 PE and get a Judge? Obviously the loot that is dropped could be determined by the same values that determine mob drops. But if a noob happens to be carrying the CS that he just got of the tank he just killed (hypothetically of course ;) ) then he won't drop that when he gets killed by said tank 2 minutes later because he has no items that are less than or equal to the amount that he should drop.

although one can imagine a situation where a lvl 70 PPU tries to buff a noob into killing a high lvl tank, the tank can always run away, because if the PPU parashocks him, the tank would only drop something equal to the PPU's level. Just like killing a mob again.

Sleawer
15-08-03, 18:56
It's a nice idea, and it's well thought.

At the moment the drop in mobs is calculated mostly by your rank and the mob rank, in other words, the rank of who does most of the damage is over who is calculated, aswell as are the first access privileges.

Now when you kill a runner, the drop is calculated taking the 10 items of higher TechLevel in your inventory and quickbelt.

What we could do is the as many difference between killer/killed ranks are (who does the most part of damage is the killer), the TL of the items dropped is lowering.

Red Rank - Higher 10 TL items
Green Rank - medium 5 TL items
grey rank - low 2 TL items

However the ranks should be a little fixed again, or ppu's would be the most screwed runners again huh?

The idea is awesome Futureman, and you did well remarking it in a new thread.

solling
15-08-03, 19:14
this idea rocks hehe imagine 20 noobs trying to gank a high lvl hehe that would rock

JiNxY
15-08-03, 19:23
yes, lets remove the hack skill even further..

yes lets all let the tanks that cant hack go around killing all the spies, and getting their stuff..

great idea

greendonkeyuk
15-08-03, 19:27
actually if you think about it it would make the hackers more needed as it would lead to a lot more killing.

Futureman
15-08-03, 19:32
Did i say that we should do away with hacking?

Scikar
15-08-03, 19:33
The only problem I see is the ranks don't reflect every class evenly. Monks generally have lower skill ranks due to the problems with int, but higher combat ranks. At the same time, tanks have comparatively low combat ranks.

This could lead to monks dropping lots of loot when killed by someone they could not hope to kill (if done by combat rank) or monks dropping little loot when they actually held the advantage over their opponent (if done by skill rank). Also using combat rank would make it possible for a high level runner to use a low level weapon to gank newbs.

Sleawer
15-08-03, 19:38
Agreed Scikar, actually a better move would be the drop based in the average rank instead the combat.

erm, how is this related to hack?

RuButt
15-08-03, 19:58
poor monkies - loose all their stuff because they outrank everyone =/

Scikar
15-08-03, 20:06
It's related to hack because if you have to hack, there's no loot. :)