PDA

View Full Version : Standard Ammo Better In Certain Places?

Nvidia
15-08-03, 10:40
I was just wondering about this for awhile now... it's really starting to bug me. When I load Explosive ammo into my SH, it does somewhere around 700 pierce and 550 force (Not sure on that, don't flame me for it) And when I add them up, it comes out to 1294 or something like that. Now, let's say you're attacking an enemy who does well against both of those resistances? AKA A Tank. They get mad pierce and force resist from bones, armor, and such. I've always been told that An Ammo mod will ALWAYS add +15% damage, but in the case where the target does well against both damage types, wouldn't it be better to just go with one type and overwhelm his resists? Or would it still be weaker? Argh, I'm confused :(

MortuusLupus
15-08-03, 11:34
With my capped tangent sniper rifle, I do 202 piercing and 179 force with explosive ammo. With normal ammo I do 332 pierce. That's a difference of 49 damage.

You really oughtn't use explosive ammo against tanks at all, since they'll absorb most of it. Monks you could hit harder with it than energy/fire mod.

Since sniper rifles don't do damage over time anymore, there's really no reason to use explosive mod.

Warlogis
15-08-03, 12:20
Modded weapon do more damage to mobs.
As example: my artifact x-ray Libby do 37 damage per bullet to cyclopes with simple ammo, but with xray - 43 ... My no-slotted Libby with 114% damage stat do 36 ...
But for APU monk with heavy deflector belt one burst from Libby with xray ammo do almost same damage as simple ammo type - 50-80 HP. ;)

MortuusLupus
15-08-03, 12:22
Yeah, energy/fire vs. monks = bad idea. Pierce/force vs. monks = good idea.

Pierce/force vs. pretty much everyone else (save spies) = bad idea. Fire/energy vs. everyone else = good idea.