PDA

View Full Version : [ot] All North East Power Out

CryptoChronic
15-08-03, 03:29
Aggggg all north eastern states and onterio canada had a blackout!!

They dont know what caused the blackout of a major power grid in niagra falls.... First they say it was a lightning bolt then they say a fire and then now the niagra falls power plant denies anything happened and claims they never stopped producing energy .... hmmmmm... NY Mayor Bloomberg is so quick to eleminate the possibility that it was a terrorist act before he even knew what caused it... could it be a cover up??? In new york i lost power for 5 hours... even cell phones and ground phones stopped working. i think they are trying to cover up a terrorist attack. what do you guys think?

leethasbro
15-08-03, 03:35
I think the mods are going to ask you to keep it in one thread. :D

CryptoChronic
15-08-03, 04:00
oh i didnt see other threads i didnt look closely enough i guess

leethasbro
15-08-03, 04:34
I was just being a smartass, don't take anything I say seriously.;)

Martlet
15-08-03, 04:36
My powers not out

CryptoChronic
15-08-03, 04:46
well it should be... mine got turned on hour or 2 ago

SovKhan
15-08-03, 04:56
im in CT, some of state is out. but not me. mohahaha

Wilson
15-08-03, 04:57
we were 5 days without power last spring from an ice storm.....I think the Iraqis caused it;)

Spoon
15-08-03, 05:33
Well, at least it kept Arcadius off the forums for awhile.....:lol:

I'm just glad I live in a town with it's own power plant, most of northern Ohio is just now coming back online..

leethasbro
15-08-03, 05:34
hehe im an hour outside detroit and only lost power for 5 minutes.

guywithnoears
15-08-03, 12:19
dude, it probably just exploded or something...

queens(nyc) was out for 13 hours, it sucked :(

MortuusLupus
15-08-03, 12:21
CNN said it was lightning hitting some major lines somewhere. Really crappy power grids, and the lightning hit the right spot. Statistically unlikely, but even longshots occur once in a while.

guywithnoears
15-08-03, 12:28
needless to say, it was actually fun. everyone in the city chilled outside and some actually started a barbecue..it was a party--although very dark, heh

:D

Lanigav
15-08-03, 12:36
Apparently lighting hit the Tezla generator (how ironic is that?), which disabled the generator and the nuclear plants (they require an outside source of power in order to operate) and sent a power surge that blew out parts of the grid. Overall, just a freak accident.

Though its entirely possible that members of Al-Qaeda prayed for the lightning strike, in which the fault of all this would be entirely theirs. :D

I find it kind of odd though how everyone evacuated all the buildings when it happened and just starting walking aimlessing in large groups. Granted, you don't want to be in a pitch black building during a long power outage, but considering how hot it was up there, I'd at least want to stay inside non-high rise buildings and those with windows in the front because they're air conditioned. Also, walking clear across town to get home seems rather unreasonable. ;)