PDA

View Full Version : Tell me again why OP turrets kill LE users?

ZoneVortex
14-08-03, 23:23
Why? Wearing the LE is supposed to be the escape from PVP, and if you ask me, OP wars and OP security are all to do with PVP.

I also think that LE users shouldn't be restricted to those new GR security settings. Aieeeee god damn you Cycrow turrets!@!!!

Helen Angilley
14-08-03, 23:24
OMG YOU CAREBARE111

*Cough*

Yah, 'tis annoying. If they're unable to have the turrets _not_ attack LE users, the least they can do is let LE users damage the turrets in retaliation.

CarniFlex
14-08-03, 23:55
if youre LE at an outpost youre either 1. getting stuff from gogu 2.spying on defences/people. And if you cant get to the gogu, go to the next op, not all are turreted... yet...

And If you dont like turrets, take your LE out and whack those turrets to kingdom come. When youre done, run fast if its a big saturn tg clans op cuz theyre gonna come to get you, i know this :angel:

Scikar
15-08-03, 00:24
Originally posted by CarniFlex
if youre LE at an outpost youre either 1. getting stuff from gogu 2.spying on defences/people. And if you cant get to the gogu, go to the next op, not all are turreted... yet...

And If you dont like turrets, take your LE out and whack those turrets to kingdom come. When youre done, run fast if its a big saturn tg clans op cuz theyre gonna come to get you, i know this :angel:

Yah I got you at mcp, and I didn't die from the poison at Tezla. :p

ZoneVortex it's because it's too easy to use underhanded tactics like make an LE alt and run him into your enemy's OP to see if he has anyone there to defend it, etc. The alternative is to allow us to attack LE users in warzones, and I don't think you'll like that.

Helen Angilley
15-08-03, 00:29
Originally posted by Scikar
Yah I got you at mcp, and I didn't die from the poison at Tezla. :p

ZoneVortex it's because it's too easy to use underhanded tactics like make an LE alt and run him into your enemy's OP to see if he has anyone there to defend it, etc. The alternative is to allow us to attack LE users in warzones, and I don't think you'll like that.

So why not just allow LE users to attack Turrets?

The Turrets will still be attacking the LE'd person, but at least they'd have some form of protection against them.

enablerbr
15-08-03, 00:31
because the clans can't then attack the LE runner for costing them cash.:p

Scikar
15-08-03, 00:33
What he said. ^^

It's easy enough for an apu to kill all the turrets at an OP as it is (Ask CarniFlex, he's spent so much time killing turrets he can't kill other players any more :p) without them also being invulnerable to the owning clan.

HellHound
15-08-03, 00:35
Maybe an additional security setting 'don't fire on LE players' is the answer. :p

Helen Angilley
15-08-03, 00:36
Originally posted by enablerbr
because the clans can't then attack the LE runner for costing them cash.:p

So will an LE Runner get revenge for the clan costing him/her cash (ie GR fee's, repair costs, pokes...etc)?

Either make the LE users and turrets able to attack each other, or have them not interact at all.

You will _always_ get "spies" at Op battles, Turrets are hardly an enormous deterrent.

Scikar
15-08-03, 00:38
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
So will an LE Runner get revenge for the clan costing him/her cash (ie GR fee's, repair costs, pokes...etc)?

Either make the LE users and turrets able to attack each other, or have them not interact at all.

You will _always_ get "spies" at Op battles, Turrets are hardly an enormous deterrent.

It's simple enough just to avoid the turrets. If LE users can attack turrets, then non-LE users should be able to attack LE users in warzones. It's only fair.

And 300k for a turret is a little more than 4k max for GR and a couple more for pokes (though only when the LE user is stupid enough to stand in front of the turrets).

*ph33r*
15-08-03, 00:46
Besides, why does a LE user even have to be inside an OP? OPs are for clans to fight over... thats PvP, and since the LE user has chosen to avoid PvP with implanting the LE, then he/she has chosen to avoid all PvP aspects of the game.

Now, yes he/she is probably inside the OP using a gogu or buying ammo, but the rules should apply to everyone, including LE's, everyone should be shot by turrets defending the clan's OP.

Would it hurt to run to a gogu that isn't in an OP? Sure it would take longer, but would save all the GR fee's, repair costs, pokes... etc.

Thank you please :D

Helen Angilley
15-08-03, 00:47
Originally posted by *ph33r*
Besides, why does a LE user even have to be inside an OP?

Who says they're inside an Outpost?

Some malicious Clans put their Turrets in areas where Runners can be shot by them in open ground.

Scikar
15-08-03, 00:49

Some malicious Clans put their Turrets in areas where Runners can be shot by them in open ground.

Well why are runners who are hostile to the owners of an OP anywhere near the OP in the first place? You can't exactly complain, since you can't place a turret near a GR or near a zone edge.

*ph33r*
15-08-03, 00:50

Well, like I said in my previous post, move away from that area and find another location. If the OP owners decide to put turrets outside their OPs, then so be it. It's their OP, and their decision on how they protect it.

=Chojin=
15-08-03, 00:52
ok as far as i see it le'd runners are in an op 2 use the gogo ...so why not place gogo's outside op's not like right outside but in the same sector.

edit : this way the le'd players spying in the OP will get attacked and rightfuly-so /edit

Ch0

Helen Angilley
15-08-03, 00:55
Well why are runners who are hostile to the owners of an OP anywhere near the OP in the first place? You can't exactly complain, since you can't place a turret near a GR or near a zone edge.

You don't have to be hostile towards a Clan to have their Turrets fire upon you.

A lot of the more populated (Mob-wise) levelling areas are at Outposts.

Animated
15-08-03, 00:57
why not place gogo's outside op's not like right outside but in the same sector.

Or gogos could be placed next to the gr (obviously not right next to it, but you get the idea).

Scikar
15-08-03, 00:58
You don't have to be hostile towards a Clan to have their Turrets fire upon you.

Almost all OPs are set to Attack Enemy / GR Friend. I know ours are.

Oh and I just noticed something. You seem to think it's all well and good to wind people up on this forum, just for your enjoyment. Well some people like to kill people in the game to wind them up. How can you reasonably argue against that?

*ph33r*
15-08-03, 01:00

But these levelling areas aren't excatly bang smack right next to these OPs are they? As soon as you enter a warzone you must expect to be fired upon if you go near enemy territory. Now LE or not, turrets will shoot at you, to stop the LE spy exploit.

So when your hunting in warzones near OPs, make sure your in a team, and stay the heck away from the OPs if you dont want to be shot at :rolleyes:

Helen Angilley
15-08-03, 01:01
Almost all OPs are set to Attack Enemy / GR Friend. I know ours are.

Oh and I just noticed something. You seem to think it's all well and good to wind people up on this forum, just for your enjoyment. Well some people like to kill people in the game to wind them up. How can you reasonably argue against that?

Easy, it's dead simple to ignore someone on the forums but it's much, much harder to do it in-game. ;)

KidWithStick
15-08-03, 01:10
Tell me again why OP turrets kill LE users?

because KK is silly :cool:

Scikar
15-08-03, 01:11
Easy, it's dead simple to ignore someone on the forums but it's much, much harder to do it in-game. ;)

Actually you post in just about every single thread now so it's hard not to notice. Even if someone puts you on ignore they can still see the point where you post and the whole thread grinds down into flames.

Helen Angilley
15-08-03, 01:16
Actually you post in just about every single thread now so it's hard not to notice. Even if someone puts you on ignore they can still see the point where you post and the whole thread grinds down into flames.

I provide the flame, the people provide the fuel.

Vampire222
15-08-03, 01:16
yea yea yea.... op turrets shoot le'ed ppl, coz their suckage to have a le in! and turrets hate that!

Scikar
15-08-03, 01:19

I provide the bullets, people provide the target. It works both ways. Oh and it's just as easy to avoid being PKd as it is to avoid you on the forum, but I assumed you already knew the method.

Helen Angilley
15-08-03, 01:21
I provide the bullets, people provide the target. It works both ways. Oh and it's just as easy to avoid being PKd as it is to avoid you on the forum, but I assumed you already knew the method.

There's more than one way to harass someone in-game than just PK'ing them.

Doesn't work the same way.

*ph33r*
15-08-03, 01:21

Good god, how the hell did you become a moderator? Hell if KK recruits the likes of you, I may aswell sign up and try my luck :rolleyes: :lol:

Scikar
15-08-03, 01:23
There's more than one way to harass someone in-game than just PK'ing them.

Doesn't work the same way.

You can still send me PMs to harass me on the forum. And there's an ignore list on both.

Helen Angilley
15-08-03, 01:25
You can still send me PMs to harass me on the forum. And there's an ignore list on both.

Then use the Ignore feature, love....or are you too scared of being without my company? ;)

As I said, it's a damn sight easier to harass someone in-game than it is on the forums.

I know this from experience, after all...got people like you completely changing the Topic so it changes into Helen vs Everyone. :)

*ph33r*
15-08-03, 01:28
Then use the Ignore feature, love....or are you too scared of being without my company? ;)

As I said, it's a damn sight easier to harass someone in-game than it is on the forums.

I know this from experience, after all...got people like you completely changing the Topic so it changes into Helen vs Everyone. :)

Actually it was _you_ who started to change the topic, Scikar contributed to the topic in hand, and then began to point out the truth to you. You could've ignored him, or contributed to the topic and then replied to his comments, but no you had to start winding people up as you so commonly do.

Tell me, do you get some sick kick out of winding people up? I'm sure you have a marvelous social life :lol:

Helen Angilley
15-08-03, 01:31
Actually it was _you_ who started to change the topic, Scikar contributed to the topic in hand, and then began to point out the truth to you. You could've ignored him, or contributed to the topic and then replied to his comments, but no you had to start winding people up as you so commonly do.

Truth hurts, don't it?

Scikar
15-08-03, 01:31

I already settled the argument, which is why you're the only one still arguing against me, and the reason why this thread is OT.

In-game you can put your LE in, use your ignore list and avoid dangerous areas. Or you can just not play the game. On the forum I can use the ignore list or not use the forum at all, but you don't annoy me nearly enough to make me stop using the forum and I'd much rather have my say in changes to the game thanks very much.

*ph33r*
15-08-03, 01:33
Truth hurts, don't it?

And look whos joined in to change the topic :lol:

Oh dear I do pity you ;)

Getting back on topic like everyone should be doing, I agree there should be more gogu's add to popular levelling spots at warzones, but they need to be a good distance away from the OP, maybe in a different zone or something?

Scikar
15-08-03, 01:33
OMG YOU CAREBARE111

*Cough* #

First reply, before I even read the thread. Truth hurts a little less when it's a lie.

enablerbr
15-08-03, 01:36
let's put it this way. the gogo's, GR's and shops are mainly for the use of the OP holding clans. the fact that people seem to have got a customed to using them for hunting in the wastelands. is just unfortant for them.

Helen Angilley
15-08-03, 01:37
And look whos joined in to change the topic :lol:

Yes, you were pretty quick to become a "Me Too".

Scikar:
What does that have to do anything? Besides further prove that you're willing to condemn me for going off-topic but quite happily do it yourself...all the while denying doing so. :lol:

Scikar
15-08-03, 01:37
Originally posted by enablerbr
let's put it this way. the gogo's, GR's and shops are mainly for the use of the OP holding clans. the fact that people seem to have got a customed to using them for hunting in the wastelands. is just unfortant for them.

Exactly. If you want a right to use the OP, take your LE out and take it for yourself.

Scikar
15-08-03, 01:38

Scikar:
What does that have to do anything? Besides further prove that you're willing to condemn me for going off-topic but quite happily do it yourself...all the while denying doing so. :lol:

I believe ph33r was the one who mentioned going OT. I was perfectly happy with it because the initial point of the thread was settled anyway.

*ph33r*
15-08-03, 01:39

Did you even read my post? I got straight back on topic my dear I think you should to, or if you do not wish to contribute to the topic in hand, then I suggest you find another thread, with other posters to wind up for your sick demented thrills.

Ta very muchly :rolleyes: :lol:

Helen Angilley
15-08-03, 01:44
I believe ph33r was the one who mentioned going OT. I was perfectly happy with it because the initial point of the thread was settled anyway.

He mentioned going off-Topic but you were the one who put forth the off-Topic comment. :)

Pheer:
Of course I read your post, but even so, you were still off-Topic with the first part and even now you continue to be off-Topic. :lol:

I don't need to change Thread love, you and Scikar and easily manipulated and worked up.

Scikar
15-08-03, 01:51
He mentioned going off-Topic but you were the one who put forth the off-Topic comment. :)

Pheer:
Of course I read your post, but even so, you were still off-Topic with the first part and even now you continue to be off-Topic. :lol:

I don't need to change Thread love, you and Scikar and easily manipulated and worked up.

Manipulated possibly. Worked up no.

*ph33r*
15-08-03, 01:53

Pheer:

You continue, yet again, to say we are going off-topic, when infact you yourself, won't admit to the fact that you are aswell! :lol:

You'd rather aggrivate people, than contribute something relevant to the thread, you've done this countless times before in the past too...

Are you upset that you can't have your way all the time? Or do you still believe you are higher than everyone else on the forums, and should be worshipped and respected because you were once a moderator?

Please love, do us all a favour and drop the attitude. You aren't making any friends by being confrontational and pessimistic 24/7, so accept other people's opinions and if you have a problem with them, try to respond nicely to them for a change instead of going for everyones throats all the time.

On Topic:

A gogu next to genreps wouldn't work imo, say a clan came and began to attack an OP, they could run back to the genrep and grab ammo, medkits etc. from there, and it would give them a large advantage over the defends of the OP, which I don't see as being balanced really.

Helen Angilley
15-08-03, 01:55
You continue, yet again, to say we are going off-topic, when infact you yourself, won't admit to the fact that you are aswell! :lol:

You'd rather aggrivate people, then contribute something relevant to the thread, you've done this countless times before in the past too...

Are you upset that you can't have your way all the time? Or do you still believe you are higher than everyone else on the forums, and should be worshipped and respected because you were once a moderator?

Please love, do us all a favour and drop the attitude. You aren't making any friends by being confrontational and pessimistic 24/7, so accept other people's opinions and if you have a problem with them, try to respond nicely to them for a change instead of going for everyones throats all the time.

Hun, I've admitted, several times, I go off-topic, troll and flame. Just seems as if people seem content to focus on that without admitting it themselves....;)

I don't care about making "friends" through an Internet forum, I don't care about "being worshipped".

I'm just here to prove that people are hypocrites. :)

Anyway...you're hardly one to talk about "responding nicely". :lol:

Scikar
15-08-03, 01:57
Hun, I've admitted, several times, I go off-topic, troll and flame. Just seems as if people seem content to focus on that without admitting it themselves....;)

That's the only bit I don't get. Fenyx was banned for the exact same thing, except he used slightly more colourful language. Is are you trying to prove the mods are hypocrites?

*ph33r*
15-08-03, 02:00

I don't care about making "friends" through an Internet forum, I don't care about "being worshipped".

Anyway...you're hardly one to talk about "responding nicely". :lol:

Well im not perfect myself, I'll admit.... but then who is? You seem to think you are, by the way you post and how you react towards other people's opinions and comments.

Yeah that's really helpful :rolleyes: Again, I cannot believe how you became a moderator :lol:

So... if your only here to prove people are 'hypocrites' why don't you take your issues elsewhere? Seems you have nothing relevant to add to the neocron discussions here on these forums, other than winding up others and occasionally bashing the odd 'n3wb3h pk4r!!11' because he/she plays the game how he/she wants to play it.

Good lord :rolleyes:

Helen Angilley
15-08-03, 02:02
So... if your only here to prove people are 'hypocrites' why don't you take your issues elsewhere? Seems you have nothing relevant to add to the neocron discussions here on these forums, other than winding up others and occasionally bashing the odd 'n3wb3h pk4r!!11' because he/she plays the game how he/she wants to play it.

Good lord :rolleyes:

Why should I take my issues elsewhere when people such as yourself are so eager to respond, flame and troll in response to my own responses, flames and trolls? :)

I do have relevant things to add, people just don't see it that way and are unable to tear themselves away from that any tiny little comments I make. :)

*ph33r*
15-08-03, 02:06
Haha! You think im flameing you? Well geesh quick hit the 'report to a moderator' button because I need to be banned! Damn look at all the swearing I used, perm ban here I come :rolleyes:

Basicly, like you say you are baiting people, and as it clearly says under my nickname, I am the almighty 'Eater of bait' and I'll continue to respond to your responses, flames and trolls in a manner that abides by the forum rules. I'm sure you know all about them eh? ;)

Helen Angilley
15-08-03, 02:08
Haha! You think im flameing you? Well geesh quick hit the 'report to a moderator' button because I need to be banned! Damn look at all the swearing I used, perm ban here I come :rolleyes:

No dear, that's just your guilty conscience kicking in. :)

Your second comment, which I didn't quote, just completley obliterates your "Helen is a troller 'cos she doesn't stay on Topic" argument, so I won't bother with that one anymore. ;)

*ph33r*
15-08-03, 02:10
Well when you bait people, you don't stay on topic do you now? I mean look at what you started here, all these worthless posts argueing with you, and your making no attempt to get back on topic like myself and Scikar were, so now you've contradicted yourself with....

Your second comment, which I didn't quote, just completley obliterates your "Helen is a troller 'cos she doesn't stay on Topic" argument, so I won't bother with that one anymore.

:lol:

Edit- and I'm off to bed now, all this bitching has made me sleepy :D I apologise for all these posts Zonevortex, even though I tried to get back on topic, my attempts were drowned by Helen's constant OT comments.... night night ;)

Helen Angilley
15-08-03, 02:15
Well when you bait people, you don't stay on topic do you now? I mean look at what you started here, all these worthless posts argueing with you, and your making no attempt to get back on topic like myself and Scikar were, so now you've contradicted yourself with....

Ah, that's the thing....I don't flat-out refuse to believe that I'm straying off-Topic. :)

I don't _need_ to get back on Topic because I'm not crying about how someone else is straying off-Topic.

No contradiction love, just fact.

ZoneVortex
15-08-03, 02:25
Just to remind the bulk of you, this thread was reasons/solutions to the LE users being killed by turrets when they're just trying to buy ammo/use the gogu.... :eek:

BlackPrince
15-08-03, 02:52
While yes it does suck, there are too many loopholes to simply making LE users either invulnerable to turret fire or able to kill them without retaliation.

Best solution to the problem: Don't go into outposts with turrets, or DM asking the owning clan if they could turn down the security a wee bit, unless of course your of an enemy faction, at which point you get to deal with your choice.

Psyco Groupie
15-08-03, 03:43
Need a quick reply for this :

Use Stealth

.. and if you cant your char should be 'ard enough to not be wearing an LE :)

Psychoninja
15-08-03, 03:49
@Helen

[QUOTE]SigmaHex says:
please tell Helen for the past week she's acting just like me...and its scaring me
SigmaHex says:
plus she's almost as good as me[QUOTE]

Ermmm...Thats from Sigma on msn lol, he wanted me to say that but I just copied and pasted instead :P

:angel:

*Ducks from Nid's ban hammer*

CarniFlex
15-08-03, 09:26
It's easy enough for an apu to kill all the turrets at an OP as it is (Ask CarniFlex, he's spent so much time killing turrets he can't kill other players any more ) without them also being invulnerable to the owning clan.

I have 2 cabinets with only new dawn and associates dogtags, and none is below rank 45/45, saving em for whenever someone is yelling "buying Dogtag of XX"... so yes i can kill people... but its getting boring so I hunt turrets instead...

MortuusLupus
15-08-03, 09:32
I don't like being killed by turrets at OPs. When I'm there I'm either going to the gogo, or going to the vendors for some cheap ammo.