PDA

View Full Version : Hacking Inconsistencies

d3ik
14-08-03, 23:14
Correct me if I am wrong, but the difficulty of the item you are hacking (belt, warbot, etc) should be fairly constant, with the exception of belts which are dependent on SL. For instance when I hack a warbot, and my hack level is a natural 130... I shouldn't have a problem.

If that is true, then something is definitely wrong. Randomly when I go hack a warbot, it will pop up with the 'impossible to solve' hack screen. I basically have five possible transistors to turn on, so I just Esc out until I have the 'full board' where I just have to arrow down and click to light the whole board up. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this a known bug?

Helen Angilley
14-08-03, 23:15
Probably intentional, ie The chance of getting an "impossible" hack screen is lessened, but not gotten rid of completely, by a higher HCK ability.

Drake6k
14-08-03, 23:18
I have 110 hack and have never had an impossible warbot hack. Some are much easier than others though.

When hacking an OP it goes from impossible to very very easy.

So yeah, I think they are to random.

shodanjr_gr
14-08-03, 23:20
Do you have loot rights on the Wbs you are trying to hack?
If not then its normal cause the Hack TL increases A LOT as a measure to prevent ninja hacking (but all the ninja hacker needs to do is keep right clicking on the WB, you just hack it for him, but anyway this is hijacking)

Spy XX
14-08-03, 23:26
Originally posted by d3ik
Correct me if I am wrong, but the difficulty of the item you are hacking (belt, warbot, etc) should be fairly constant, with the exception of belts which are dependent on SL. For instance when I hack a warbot, and my hack level is a natural 130... I shouldn't have a problem.

If that is true, then something is definitely wrong. Randomly when I go hack a warbot, it will pop up with the 'impossible to solve' hack screen. I basically have five possible transistors to turn on, so I just Esc out until I have the 'full board' where I just have to arrow down and click to light the whole board up. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this a known bug?

this normally happens if you are close to wb and kill him and nearly instantly start hacking him, i think its supposed to be like that to prevent loot stealing. For example a LE hacker may stand next to it while you kill it and then hack and loot it.

SilentGravity
15-08-03, 01:44
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
Probably intentional, ie The chance of getting an "impossible" hack screen is lessened, but not gotten rid of completely, by a higher HCK ability.

"Its not a bug, its a feature" :p

Helen Angilley
15-08-03, 01:45
Originally posted by SilentGravity
"Its not a bug, its a feature" :p

Well for all we know it could be. :p

That said, as others have mentioned he didn't specify whether or not he was the one who kills the Warbots.

MadDog
15-08-03, 01:47
its not intentional, its a bug.

this happens when you try to hack the WB usually to soon after its death. you basicly just have to keep trying till you get a normal board.

ive had this happen when i completely kill the WB alone, when i kill it in a group when i have guards kill it for me. it has nothing to do with kill rights or damage done. its a bug.