PDA

View Full Version : Abusing 4 slot servers?

FBI
14-08-03, 22:39
I was just thinking to my self earlier, couldn't someone just
keep rerolling on a 4 slot server after doing the same epic over
and over, then selling the item for 1 million a pop?

I'm sure it would be hard with a 0/2 runner (tank most likely),
and you could even have a PPU to help you during the missions.

This is why I don't like Saturn :rolleyes:

HellHound
14-08-03, 22:42
A lot of people do end up with more than one of the same epic reward, but I wouldn't call it abuse. You can easily make a mil in the time it would take to level up a completely new character to epic standard, so..... *shrug*.

Psycho_Soldier
Originally posted by FBI

:lol: You think its only on Saturn?? I have seen a couple people with multiple accounts do that on Pluto. Pluto is nothing more than a expensive muti-character server now. :rolleyes:

Mighty Max
you need to have xx/45 for the last mission, and other ranks for the other ones, you cant do em as 0/2

Dim
14-08-03, 22:43
That is way there are rank requirement on epic missions....

EDIT: Darn Mighty beat me to it

Cryotchekk
14-08-03, 22:44
Originally posted by Mighty Max
you need to have xx/45 for the last mission, and other ranks for the other ones, you cant do em as 0/2

thats a day of leveling? less?

Mighty Max
14-08-03, 22:45
but in that time i can also make the money ....

Scikar
14-08-03, 22:46
Originally posted by Psycho_Soldier
:lol: You think its only on Saturn?? I have seen a couple people with multiple accounts do that on Pluto. Pluto is nothing more than a expensive muti-character server now. :rolleyes:

What he said. It's a common misconception among Plutonians that Saturn players have 1 main char and 3 mules, mules who are also spies in enemy factions. :rolleyes:

Centaurii
15-08-03, 00:26
Well, from what I know, Saturn is COMPLETELY different with thier characters. As said before on this topic, people think that we have one main, and 3 mules.

Most people have one main character (usually a tank, PE, or APU), a pure/nearly pure tradeskiller (usually res/con), one side alt (rifle spy or droner), and a PPU. I know MANY a person on saturn that has almost this exact combination.

Rawr.

Scikar
15-08-03, 00:36
Originally posted by Centaurii
Well, from what I know, Saturn is COMPLETELY different with thier characters. As said before on this topic, people think that we have one main, and 3 mules.

Most people have one main character (usually a tank, PE, or APU), a pure/nearly pure tradeskiller (usually res/con), one side alt (rifle spy or droner), and a PPU. I know MANY a person on saturn that has almost this exact combination.

Rawr.

I had 4 pure combat chars, though I've recently lommed my spy to research and drone. There aren't actually that many people with ppu monk alts, it's evenly split between apu and ppus really. But certainly most people have one of each class, which is good imo because you learn to understand the point of view of people who play one of those classes for a main char.

QuantumDelta
15-08-03, 01:20
I need my four alts.
I will include the fact that most of them have done most of those epics though :P

Lanigav
15-08-03, 06:50
None of my alts are mules, and I've only done two epics with one character.

Besides, most of the epics aren't so special that its really exploiting to do that. Now if one of the epics gave you a 5 slotted Cursed Soul or Pain Easer, or an MC5 imp, I could understand.

Drexel
15-08-03, 07:23
Yer, im on Saturn & ive got 4 main characters, all very even as it works out, Oh, & ill never sell my epics, even the ones i dont need. (there mine, mine I tells ya, HAHAHAhahaha.....)

& Yer , theres easier ways to make 1 mil.

Q`alooaith
15-08-03, 07:24
I have four char on saturn..

Doing epics over and over is close to abuse, but not realy cause of the req's...

I'd like to know one thing though. How do you get 1 mil in a day at rank 30-45? Everyone keeps saying "yea I can make a mil in a day" and all that...

Most people have alts so they can play the game diffrently when being APU get's dull turn melee tank and have some diffrent fun...
Want to catch up on chatter and talk to people you know, Tradskiller time..

I keep 4 chars on, all with their own names and personalitys and play styles.. I can't stand it when somone has four chars named L33t1 l33t2 and so on, and RP as that char.. the number of times I've heard people say "I'm going to log my capped [Insert class] and wast you over and over".. Thats the only thing I don't like, and the main reason why I keep my alts names out of the eye's, so I can go and have some fun while they search for my logged off char, get pissed and log back their puny alt...

Q'alooaith APU Psi.. Once more into the breach freinds..
Greyhand Hybrid tank.. Die die die... ouch, run away... ha die die die...
[Char name] Ress Spy.. Let me see that... Yea thats a...
[Char name] Pistol PE.. Totaly insane, talks to self, screams and shoots everyone, then trys to heal mobs, then kills them, feels bad and trys to bride PPU to ress them...

I try and keep the connections down between them, though only do the epics for my main as all the others are now alts.. when I get bored I'll switch my main again and have fun with a new primary..

Promethius
15-08-03, 07:30
Originally posted by Centaurii

Rawr.

lmao.

I got main tank, research spy, pure combat spy, PPU.....strange but i guess wat ur sayin is true ^^.

hax0r

On the subject of abuse....no way in hell. FI you taek the time to level up another character and tehn complete the hour long epics...then u deserve the epic item.

Pluto...people do the same because alot of plutonians have 2nd accounts.useing one char to do epics over and over isn't abuse...its wat they choose to do with there time. IMO its not even a big issue.

MjukisDjur
15-08-03, 09:33
I would really like another slot since I actually use all 4 of mine :)

Smugly
15-08-03, 20:57
Nah.... I really couldn't imagine doing it. It would just be so damn time consuming, not to mention boring. Sure, I'm greedy, and 1 million gets the old "profit" mindset going, but it's just too much work.

Dream
15-08-03, 21:06
Originally posted by FBI

There are much faster and easier ways to make money then this.

And more of it.

FBI
15-08-03, 21:08
my questions were answered, thanks and stop replying :)