PDA

View Full Version : INT of capped MONKS

ericdraven
14-08-03, 14:32
Just out of curiosity - what's your INT level on your PSI CAPPED monk?
I wanna know if there is a completely capped monk.. i heard that there are some, but the highest one i know from reading the forum is at level 97 (Carinth or Pitspawn, err.. i forgot) on a single char server and Progenitor (btw - check your PMs :p) who is very close to 95 on a four char server.

It's multiple choice because 1) some people have more than one capped monk :p and 2) the obligatory dead-animal option would take away a potential answer. :)

Sleawer
14-08-03, 14:50
91 int here, and I have capped everything else since ages.

ericdraven
14-08-03, 14:55
Originally posted by Sleawer
91 int here, and I have capped everything else since ages.

Don't want to start a discussion again.. but.. if we would REALLY get the stated 33% INT gain for using PSI spells then every monk who currently has INT 89 (or higher) would have capped INT.
But because we get the 33% ONLY for tradeskilling (and that's funny enough because tradeskills are the reason why KK nerfed it :lol: ) and only about 11% for using PSI it's a real pain in the ass to cap INT..

Progenitor
14-08-03, 15:05
I have natural INT 95 now - 101 with Imps.

I really need 2 more Int levels to finish off my setup.

Only like 9 mil until INT 96 O_o

I don't know what will come first - I cap INT, DoY is released or January 1, 2004.

(my money is on Jan 1, 2004)

-p

deac
14-08-03, 15:05
Carinth lomed to hack and imp a few times.... lost like 2 lvls atleast maybe more....

Pitspawn
14-08-03, 15:25
97 int here, a couple of mil from 98. If I ever got a break from op wars to help our guys level up some more i might get that ding. But for example yesturday i think i had 9 hours straight of op wars. So much fucking pvp I almost snapped and quit neocron together ;/ So a mate let me log on his apu and "calm" down by whacking the crap out of everyone instead of being mr goody goody two shoes. Heh, it worked pretty well actually. You really dont know how much you can start to miss any form of damage dealing playing a ppu monk.

hinch
14-08-03, 15:40
98 base about 600k from 99

ericdraven
14-08-03, 15:42
Originally posted by hinch
98 base about 600k from 99

Uh, hinch, i forgot about you. :p

Who voted for INT 99 tho?!

hinch
14-08-03, 15:43
on a side note i know 2 int capped monks on jupiter theyre the only 2 ive ever come across one was sold on ebay recently i believe too

tw@
14-08-03, 15:50
Well two people have voted 100... Which is interesting - maybe it's those two you were talking about?

Well, my monk - who i completely do NOT play anymore since the nerf and the whole "I CBA TO LOM" thing ive been going through means that i now play other characters.

Well zX has got 98 Int... and still hasnt capped Dexterity (lol another i CBA thing again). But now im just bored and play tw@ (65/72 High tech pistols) and my Constructor.

I should probably change my sig too... to show the real

71/69 rank... awwwww...

edit: Another thing, is that i really wish i chose a 1 character server, then i would probably have capped a monk by now... and there would be more dedication to make it perfect

Eddie
14-08-03, 16:12
Well Mumblyfish of SXR I believe has 98 INT - highest on the server (so he believes).

But I'm sure I've spoken to "essence" (who had like a 90+/60+ rank when hybrids ruled the world) on Pluto who claimed he had capped INT. His base rank was high (near 70) so I assume he was speaking the truth.

Just so you know,

Eddie

Scikar
14-08-03, 16:16
Hmm isn't it funny, the people who claim to have capped int neglect to post who they are, again?

ericdraven
14-08-03, 16:20
Originally posted by Scikar
Hmm isn't it funny, the people who claim to have capped int neglect to post who they are, again?

Yes, interesting phenomenon. :)

Foofur
14-08-03, 16:22
My main character is a monk, 88 int atm, bu thats kinda bugged because I lommed it soo many times (even when we didn't got points back, awwww)
I'm 99 with imps cause i ripped me adv nerfes out at base 88. I really respect the ppl that have over 90 int... I've been playing this monk since januari but since I capped psi I cba to lvl int, too depressing, I only hunt to help me friends out. But I guess if I wouldda been on a one char server I could have done better.

Methinks I sooner leave NC then I will cap int...:mad:

[edit: I think Thommy on Saturn has 100 int, or close to it]

@ tw@: plz reveal me ur secret, ur monk was created way after mine capped psi, yet u have 98 int :eek:

Ark
14-08-03, 16:22
oh pitspawn so spamming parashock on someone till they die isnt enough "damage" dealing for you, stupid hypocrit "omg i think they should liek omg liek make parashock cost alot of mana because spamming it is lame n stuff" .........right and thats exactly what u do.......

oh ya back on topic int really does lvl to slow for monks. It is a secondary skill like a tanks is constitution BUT tanks con dosent seem to lvl all that slow because they are getting hit all the time etc.

Pitspawn
14-08-03, 16:35
I love these forums, how people can get away with blatant insults to me and accusations of cheating. Ive never seen a mod ever tell people off for it. I dont know why i even bother being civil on these forums if the mods dont do jack but hey.

I parashock spammed you because there wasnt much else i COULD do. Simmons was totally filled to the brim with turrets (I counted at least 5 gatlins and 2 stuntraps) My whole team had died from being outnumbered and i was just totally pissed off. I tried resurrecting my clan but it was totally futile. Clans like pimp and gang are pushing me to quit this game. So if you keep it up i might just be gone so you can be better off fighting no-one and die of boredom. NDA have already lost at least 3 of our main fighters from quitting neocron. They got tired of the total lack of any procity players remaining and the insane amount of anticity.

Scikar
14-08-03, 16:38
Originally posted by Ark
oh pitspawn so spamming parashock on someone till they die isnt enough "damage" dealing for you, stupid hypocrit "omg i think they should liek omg liek make parashock cost alot of mana because spamming it is lame n stuff" .........right and thats exactly what u do.......

That was completely and utterly uncalled for. Go play somewhere else, we don't need any of this shit here.

Ark
14-08-03, 16:48
eh.... i could care less if you quit, but i just state the facts you are a hypocrit you and your clan do things that u whine about should be nerfed on the forums all the time, now ill just wait the the mods edit my posts :D

Xian
14-08-03, 16:50
Originally posted by Ark
eh.... i could care less if you quit, but i just state the facts you are a hypocrit you and your clan do things that u whine about should be nerfed on the forums all the time, now ill just wait the the mods edit my posts :D

So? I use the CS on my tank all the time, yet I still think the reticle should be changed/nerfed/fixed. Doesn't mean I'm going to stop using it.

As for my old monks (I say old because it got deleted, well played to my little cousin for that one) INT, it was around 88-90 when I was bothered to level it.

Eledhbrant
14-08-03, 17:03
Ark just go somewhere else, we dont need to listen to that.

Disturbed021
14-08-03, 19:05
3 ppl said they have 100 int!? Wtf!? supposed to be before imps ppl. Believe me if I had a monkey with 100 int i would sooooooooooo brag about it here, so I think those ppl either hit the wrong button or are liars.:mad: Thats right y'all liars.
Heh, neways, can i throw in a:

PLEASE FOR THE LUV OF ALL THAT IS HOLY, INCREASE THE MONK INT GAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ericdraven
14-08-03, 19:08
I assume those supposed "INT 100 monks" are players which do not play a monk at all and just wanna fuck up the poll to pretend that the monks INT gain is actually OK. :p

Disturbed021
14-08-03, 19:09
LOL....its a conspiracy!:lol:

Arcadius
14-08-03, 19:15
Originally posted by Pitspawn
My whole team had died from being outnumbered

:rolleyes:
It was only pimp there, there weer about 12 NDA online. What the hell more do you want? If you say 15 pimp(even though I didn't count that much because there were only 2 teams and each team was NOT full), then what's the problem? Their have been many times it was PIMP vs NDA and NDA outnumbered us. Soooooo where are your comments now?

Anyways to answer Eric's question without alluding to in-game events and baiting people to flame me then complaining about it, my int WAS 86 base after several months and recapped psi 100 times. But I lommed to hack and back, now it's 82. It'll take a long ass time just to get back to 86. :(

Spy<VS>Spy
14-08-03, 21:07
try doing what your doing with 6 people...equal number...pheh...what is that?

darkservent
14-08-03, 21:25
wel i now of 1 monk who is completly capped and thats essence AKA Optiplex on pluto. I had a screenie to prove it but lost it. Was kinda shocked to see capped psi cause it seems quite hard to cap em on int. Oh and mistress dalyen on saturn is capped but shes inactive.or doin alts.

Mumblyfish
14-08-03, 21:33
I've been stuck at INT 98 for as long as I can remember. Looks like it just ain't going to budge any further, no matter HOW much powerlevelling I do.

CryptoChronic
14-08-03, 21:38
91 here... no reason to go any higher since i cap ROF on everything including holy rez on my ppu monk

Disturbed021
15-08-03, 06:59
Ok..so far 54% are below 90 int on capped monkehs with 22% either playing with dead animals or are not monkehs. So those with above 90 int are around 24% minus 4 ppl who claim to have 100 int that never said who they were :rolleyes:

And me guesses that the monkeys with 90+ int have been around forever and have busted their asses to get were they are......

Problem is the number of Monkeys with 90+ with PSI capped should be higher than it is now imo. Should be more like 50% or so...

If someone does the same poll for Spies with capped dex and what their int is at and Tanks with capped Str and what their con is at the numbers will be more in line with eachother.

Promethius
15-08-03, 07:05
I have 100 int base. best way of lvling int fast is poking a moveon in and out for a while / or u can jsut level with a spy. (works best if u start off leveling with a spy its easier to gain itn lvls in beginning)

hinch
15-08-03, 10:49
i found playing ppu to a team of 6 apu`s the best way when i was a hybrid but even then due to insane hybrid ranks gains were slow

Ste-X
15-08-03, 11:56
we have a few capped int monks in new dawn, i started my monk 4 weeks ago , (3 weeks of leveling cos of holiday) pure ppu 93 base psi and 77 int going to cap int in next month ;)

hinch
15-08-03, 12:00
Originally posted by Ste-X
we have a few capped int monks in new dawn, i started my monk 4 weeks ago , (3 weeks of leveling cos of holiday) pure ppu 93 base psi and 77 int going to cap int in next month ;)

if you do its clearly an exploit cos after 8 months of hardcore lvling im only on 98 having said that nd are the modern equivilent of EON and RAK as far as i can tell

"who wants 20 stacked shelters?"

MortuusLupus
15-08-03, 12:03
Originally posted by Ark

Hypocrite's got an e at the end, little guy.

And when I had my monk, I got my int to 70 or so before I lost my patience and went back to my PE

Vampire222
15-08-03, 12:06
I love these forums, how people can get away with blatant insults to me and accusations of cheating. Ive never seen a mod ever tell people off for it. I dont know why i even bother being civil on these forums if the mods dont do jack but hey.

I parashock spammed you because there wasnt much else i COULD do. Simmons was totally filled to the brim with turrets (I counted at least 5 gatlins and 2 stuntraps) My whole team had died from being outnumbered and i was just totally pissed off. I tried resurrecting my clan but it was totally futile. Clans like pimp and gang are pushing me to quit this game. So if you keep it up i might just be gone so you can be better off fighting no-one and die of boredom. NDA have already lost at least 3 of our main fighters from quitting neocron. They got tired of the total lack of any procity players remaining and the insane amount of anticity.

Hey pitspawn, maybee, just maybee, its coz of NDA's attitude? could that be?

Thormael
15-08-03, 12:17
Originally posted by ericdraven
I assume those supposed "INT 100 monks" are players which do not play a monk at all and just wanna fuck up the poll to pretend that the monks INT gain is actually OK. :p Yup that's what I think also.

Promethius
15-08-03, 12:19
if you do its clearly an exploit cos after 8 months of hardcore lvling im only on 98 having said that nd are the modern equivilent of EON and RAK as far as i can tell

"who wants 20 stacked shelters?"

lol 8 months. You thiink we exploit or watever because we have monks with capped int... Ya and ur tank is a hax0r cuz hes got 100 str...haxor.

Just because someoen is capped doesn't mean they 'exploited' (how the hell do u exploit ur lvls....??).

Leveling with spys = uber int xp.

nuff said.

guywithnoears
15-08-03, 12:31
just turned 86. i'm actually gonna start lvling it a bit. I need the extra points for hacking or something.

Pitspawn
15-08-03, 14:32
Hey pitspawn, maybee, just maybee, its coz of NDA's attitude? could that be?

The only one who have got attitude problems are the ones laying personal insults down on me and accusing me of exploiting. And anyway, how would you like to be in a clan at war with quite literally everyone (considering 80% of the server is anticity) OFC People will hate our clan, theres no one else to hate lol.

ghandisfury
15-08-03, 16:19
The only one who have got attitude problems are the ones laying personal insults down on me and accusing me of exploiting. And anyway, how would you like to be in a clan at war with quite literally everyone (considering 80% of the server is anticity) OFC People will hate our clan, theres no one else to hate lol.

Well....there's always SXR ;) Anyway, I feel your pain, can't wait till KK boots them out of the city. You ever read the directions? "anti-city is not for beginners"...atm it's the easiest faction to play:(

StoneRayne
15-08-03, 17:04
89 and 85 here.

And about Saturn having several INT capped people, it's just very very fishy when there's 2-3(if that..) at most on any other server of INT capped monks, and there are like what, 10 on Saturn? ^^

Doing swamps is good int exp too ^^ But it gets boring cuz you clear it so fast =(

ericdraven
15-08-03, 17:13

Heh... if you need 3 weeks for INT 77 (19 mio XP) then it will take you 25 weeks to cap INT if you level with the same speed.
PSI 93 base is near cap so you won't be much stronger once you capped PSI.. so let's say 20 weeks with the same level speed.. hm.. yes, close to "a month", but only close... :lol:

Ok - 9 monks with INT 100.. i consider 8 of them as joke 'cause only Promethius posted here but no other of those supposed INT 100 monks.

Ste-X
15-08-03, 17:15
it all depends on where you level and who with, this is my first monk and im doing thing that experienced monks have told me to do and it works int ant that bad i thin 90 base will be harder

i get 3/4 int levels a day depending on what im doing

ericdraven
15-08-03, 17:24
it all depends on where you level and who with, this is my first monk and im doing thing that experienced monks have told me to do and it works int ant that bad i thin 90 base will be harder

i get 3/4 int levels a day depending on what im doing

Once you reach INT 90 leveling starts to become a real pain in the ass.. i don't say it's impossible to cap INT within one month (i know it is possible - theoretically), but if you have at least a little bit of something called "real life" then it will be very hard. :)

However, i am currently trying the same. Just got INT91 yesterday, let's see how long it takes for INT100. That's my current goal.. o_O

hinch
15-08-03, 17:37
as an experienced monk and possiably one of the longest standing monk chars that hasnt been lommed to death (infact i havent lomed anything in int ever) i telling you that for you to cap your int within this next month is impossiable unless you play 24/7 and never stop hunting not once and you only hunt 120/120 mobs.

infact even pro who claims to be int capped i want to see a screen shot of your f5 display please as i do not believe you have capped int

the only reason i believe the 2 on jupiter is ive seen their screens anybody else that claims to be int capped i want a screen shot as proof

Richard Angelus
15-08-03, 17:44
hehe there once was a thread like thin in the german forum....
and like 23 ppl vote that they have 100 int :lol:
so some ppl vote for 100 because they have 100 with imps? :D

hinch
15-08-03, 17:52
Originally posted by Richard Angelus
hehe there once was a thread like thin in the german forum....
and like 23 ppl vote that they have 100 int :lol:
so some ppl vote for 100 because they have 100 with imps? :D

you still have your monk? if so what int you at now?

i remember your monk being created :) i was still using my HL at the time and im stilll using the same one now artifact 2 slotter :)

Richard Angelus
15-08-03, 18:14
hmmmm my Monk exist since retailstart :D
PPU since itemwipe hehe

but only 78 int and 92 psi base.....
I have not the time to play very often :(

(reason=girlfriend :D )

ericdraven
15-08-03, 18:39
hinch, i get about 800k INT when i am in the caves. Per hour.
So if i would do it for a whole month - every day for 5 hours - i would get 96 million INT xp which is enough to cap it (remember i just reached level 91).
That's why i say it's "theoretical" possible.

I don't know if i really will do it, because latest after two hours it's getting quite annoying and boring, eyes start to hurt ('cause you have to concentrate more than while "normal" hunting firemobs or WBs) and and and.. but still.. it's possible.

extract
15-08-03, 18:54
Originally posted by CryptoChronic
91 here... no reason to go any higher since i cap ROF on everything including holy rez on my ppu monk

but it would be nice to use the heavy belts(and maybe you can with IMPs)

Ive got 2 monks APU & PPU my APU just capped PSI yesterday actually and hes only got 80 base INT....but my PPU who is at like 92 base PSI has like 86 INT and the only thing besides psi use that he has is hacking....so i dunno do u get more XP from hacking than psi use?

and is that really official that INT gain on a pure psi use monk is 11%? if so thats horrible but it makes sense I can get about 2 mil psi XP in a cave run and maybe get 200-300k of INT xp

yea thats pretty shotty

ericdraven
15-08-03, 19:03
Originally posted by extract
and is that really official that INT gain on a pure psi use monk is 11%? if so thats horrible but it makes sense I can get about 2 mil psi XP in a cave run and maybe get 200-300k of INT xp

No it's not "official", but it's a calculation i made 1) from my own obersvation and 2) from many comments on the forum and the fact that most monks who cap PSI are around INT 80.

Btw - you need only INT 88 to be able to wear all heavy belts (with PSI core, Adv.Nerves 3 and smart cybereye 1).

Progenitor
15-08-03, 19:08
hinch, i get about 800k INT when i am in the caves. Per hour.
So if i would do it for a whole month - every day for 5 hours - i would get 96 million INT xp which is enough to cap it (remember i just reached level 91).
That's why i say it's "theoretical" possible.

I don't know if i really will do it, because latest after two hours it's getting quite annoying and boring, eyes start to hurt ('cause you have to concentrate more than while "normal" hunting firemobs or WBs) and and and.. but still.. it's possible.

(assuming chaos caves, assuming apu monk, not sure about ppu's)

I know that WITH the right team makeup (3, maybe 4 tops), and the hard (i.e. the one with all of the Luetenants - not the one with mostly bats) cave run, it isn't hard to do that (800k per hour-ish, usually a little longer).

But you only get a cave setup like that once every four or five runs.

The easy ones with mostly bats net a lot less in xp - maybe 100kish or so.

Plus, you need to stop every fourth or fifth run to get armor and weapons repaired. Not to mention that around run 12ish or so you've gone through a stack of 249 psi boosters.

If you have multiple weapons and armor sets available, plus an unlimited supply of boosters. A ppu monk that won't mind not being in the team, you might be able to get more ??

-p

Scikar
15-08-03, 19:10
PPus get more int when they are capped because they get the full 33% int xp from team, whereas if an APU is hunting solo he gets 33% multiplied by the modifier from APU spells which must be something like 33% because APUs get about 11% int xp when using APU spells. So the trick to capping int is to team. :)

zonk
15-08-03, 19:13
So IS there a INT capped pure PPU monk without lomming when hitting 100 INT as hybrid/APU???

ericdraven
15-08-03, 19:14
@Progenitor and Scikar:

Of course i am teaming, i wouldn't survive very long alone in the caves. I team with my PPU mate.
Your statements about repairing and the lack of PSI boosters are valid, Progenitor, that's why i said it's only "theoretical".
When i am alone in the team with a PPU it seems i get a little less as when i team with another APU (and of course the PPU).

My PPU mate plays at the same time as i do, we level very often together (he wants to cap INT too), so that's no problem. But he also becomes pissed off after about two hours of caving, it must be really horrible boring as PPU.. o_O

Progenitor
15-08-03, 19:17
PPus get more int when they are capped because they get the full 33% int xp from team, whereas if an APU is hunting solo he gets 33% multiplied by the modifier from APU spells which must be something like 33% because APUs get about 11% int xp when using APU spells. So the trick to capping int is to team. :)

The best XP has always been from teams, although, in thelast two days hunting solo - I've gained over 900k in int ~ 450k a day.

How I've been spending my time each day lately is
a hour raising my lowest faction loyalty 10 points
a couple of runs through El Farid Underground, to see if the bitch spawns
The rest of the night hunting fire mobs for tech parts and cloning loot.

It's not as good of xp as I could get teamed in 2-3 caves runs, but for hunting solo, it is good xp.

I am begining to think that with the lower ranked mobs in El Farid, it might be a better leveling spot than the chaos caves. Just becaue it is easier to barrel/holy multi lightning the place.

-p

ericdraven
15-08-03, 19:21
Progenitor, wanna team? :p

Progenitor
15-08-03, 19:29
Progenitor, wanna team? :p

I am always up for good team - with over 10mil between Int levels now, it is the only way I am going to really progress.

The only reason I raise the lowest faction loyalty is because of cave runs - inevitably, someone dies at my hands :angel: I need to keep all the factions that I can as positive as I can, so that I can do QM to raise SL when I need to.

BUT, I do have to have my fire mob hunting time - I refuse to buy medkits (or boosters) so I need twice the amount of cloning junk I did before the nerf - hehe we need to start refering to that as BN or something, sorta like BC and AD for years.

Back before I took my summer sabaticale from NC, there was a Cap a Monk in 7 Days :lol: thread. What ever came of that?

-p

Scikar
15-08-03, 19:36
Originally posted by zonk
So IS there a INT capped pure PPU monk without lomming when hitting 100 INT as hybrid/APU???

Well it's not necessarily faster. But when you hit 100 psi, the apu may have hunted alone at 11% int gain at some points, while the ppu will have hunted almost completely with a team, at the full 33% int gain. But the time taken for an apu to cap psi is lower.

The cap a monk in 7 days never did get any takers.

Strange how there's now 11 int capped monks around, yet none of them have been kind enough to tell us who they are. :rolleyes:

Promethius
15-08-03, 19:39

well IMO its more fun having the odds against you. (reason i became TG in teh first place). But the strength of teh Procity factions has gone WAY down.

as an experienced monk and possiably one of the longest standing monk chars that hasnt been lommed to death (infact i havent lomed anything in int ever) i telling you that for you to cap your int within this next month is impossiable unless you play 24/7 and never stop hunting not once and you only hunt 120/120 mobs.

infact even pro who claims to be int capped i want to see a screen shot of your f5 display please as i do not believe you have capped int

the only reason i believe the 2 on jupiter is ive seen their screens anybody else that claims to be int capped i want a screen shot as proof

Why do u refuse to accept that people have capped int. of course its hard work but its not jsut wat YOU do but who you are doing it with. Honestly get some spys and PEs 4-5 and go head to teh chaos caves. Also when i leveled my int it was in teh time of Hybrids. So i could PPU for these spys / PEs then cast a few barrels.

I would give u a screen shot....but since my account expired i cannot get on. (Also I'm not sure hwo to post pics :p )

Strange how there's now 11 int capped monks around, yet none of them have been kind enough to tell us who they are. :rolleyes:

I already said i had capped int... ;)

Ascension
15-08-03, 19:41
Is tht with or without Imps? Vicotnic has 97 INT with imps and 88 without, well mine curently un-known as i am lying Dead in MC 5 :p ROFL

Disturbed021
15-08-03, 19:43
I believe Pro but who the f00k are the other 10 ppl who claim to have 100 natural Int with their monkeys? Hmmm where r u f00krs? Dats right you dont exist :rolleyes: Its the monkey haters trying to keep us from capping Int :mad: grrrrrrrrr

Promethius
15-08-03, 19:45
Originally posted by Ascention
Is tht with or without Imps? Vicotnic has 97 INT with imps and 88 without, well mine curently un-known as i am lying Dead in MC 5 :p ROFL

no thats capped int base. i forget the exact number with imps i think its liek 110 ish.

StoneRayne
15-08-03, 20:01
How can you forget...just remember which imps you used and do the grade 1 math :P

Btw, eric: nice leveling since I last talked to you ^^ you were 85 like a month ago now you're higher than me :P keep rockin
--------
PS: This question has been in my head for a LONG time, and since this is a monk thread ^^

Ok, a coupla weeks ago I lomed my PPU's str, he had like 25 transport left. I lomed all of it out. Did not lose ANY levels in str, at ALL. I swear. Then I lomed some con, mostly fire resists - since the point was to take DS off one monkey and put it on the PPU, and then put in Nerves3 which allowed him to use all heavy belts (was 84 base int). Now again, I did not lose ANY levels in CON - at all!

Now check this out. Before loming, my PPU's combat rank was 76 (while holding HHeal). After loming, it dropped to 70 when holding the same exact spell. I didn't lom ANY psi or int, why the hell did it went down? O_O O_O O_O

Anyone know? =]

Promethius
15-08-03, 20:08
well the imps i had were DS/ psi core / def3/ def 2

ericdraven
15-08-03, 20:27
Originally posted by StoneRayne
Now check this out. Before loming, my PPU's combat rank was 76 (while holding HHeal). After loming, it dropped to 70 when holding the same exact spell. I didn't lom ANY psi or int, why the hell did it went down? O_O O_O O_O

Anyone know? =]

Was the hybrid-nerf patch inbetween maybe?

But the ranks of PPUs are strange anyway.. my mates rank is changing between 71 and 75 without any particular reason.

Scikar
15-08-03, 20:33
My apu rank fluctuates between 52-54 without psi 3 and 60+ with psi 3.

Sleawer
15-08-03, 20:45
It also varies depending of the ppw, did you change any implant with ppw?

hinch
15-08-03, 20:52
i did my int when hybrids were possiable i dont refuse to accept it i just dont believe you or many others have

perhaps 1 per server for the english ones at most

i played hardcore from getting up till goign to bed for 3 months as i was between contracts before i took on a full time job and im still no where near i know a few people that have played full time morning till night since begining of retail as they stay at home to look after their kids etc and they still havent capped

i know the best team for int lvling but i also know that as a hybrid with insane hybrid ranks there is actually no team you can go in and gain xp appart from other hybrids. you saying 4-5 pe`s is honostly bollocks if you also say you capped whilst hybrid you wouldnt have got xp off them since you were about psi 80

Progenitor
15-08-03, 21:08
i did my int when hybrids were possiable i dont refuse to accept it i just dont believe you or many others have

perhaps 1 per server for the english ones at most

i played hardcore from getting up till goign to bed for 3 months as i was between contracts before i took on a full time job and im still no where near i know a few people that have played full time morning till night since begining of retail as they stay at home to look after their kids etc and they still havent capped

i know the best team for int lvling but i also know that as a hybrid with insane hybrid ranks there is actually no team you can go in and gain xp appart from other hybrids. you saying 4-5 pe`s is honostly bollocks if you also say you capped whilst hybrid you wouldnt have got xp off them since you were about psi 80

Now, I always nerfed my rank by limiting myself to just the beam spells when I leveled in the caves - plus the wear and tear on a rare for cave leveling is just more than I was willing to do.

I had to make sure that noone cast PSI combat boost on me or my rank shot out of range. Which was okay, because I'd gladdly take Melee 3 any day.

I even had to watch out for how good my spells were - I had some uber sloted holy level spells that would shoot my rank up to near FA using level.

Before I took my summer break from NC (everything capped except Int 94), I was helping a PE level, just hunting fire mobs. I got better than expected INT gain xp from him - not as good as cave runs, but close.

But like I said - I purposely kept my rank low so I could level with people.

It was possible for a hybrid to level with a PE and they are good to level with for XP

-p

Scikar
15-08-03, 21:20
The xp you get doesn't depend on the class you're teamed with anyway. What counts is the amount of xp you're getting from the team in total, so that you hit the right balance where the int xp you're getting from your own spells isn't hurt by everyone else killing the mobs faster than you can, while the xp they're giving you isn't reduced by you killing the mobs before they can do any damage.

Promethius
15-08-03, 21:41
ok well heres the pic u asked for hinch...just found it outa 1500 screenies =\

http://www.waaazup.com/p/uploads/cappedint.jpg

If your wodnering wat imps i use....

DS/ Psi core / exp3 / exp 2 (this is an old pic of my hybrid)

ericdraven
16-08-03, 04:22
Originally posted by Promethius
ok well heres the pic u asked for hinch...just found it outa 1500 screenies =\

http://www.waaazup.com/p/uploads/cappedint.jpg

If your wodnering wat imps i use....

DS/ Psi core / exp3 / exp 2 (this is an old pic of my hybrid)

Very nice, the first PROVEN INT 100 monk. :)

Scikar
16-08-03, 04:24
Which leaves 11 who have yet to show themselves. :rolleyes:

ericdraven
16-08-03, 04:24
Which leaves 11 who have yet to show themselves. :rolleyes:

They won't. :lol:

Sleawer
16-08-03, 05:17
My test server monk counts? :D

ericdraven
16-08-03, 05:19
Originally posted by Sleawer
My test server monk counts? :D

Ah, that's it - this are the 12 remaining INT capped monks. :)

Ok then i can add 3 more, hehe. :p

Disturbed021
16-08-03, 05:41
is there anyway to delete the 12 liars that said they capped Int? :p

XenivouS
16-08-03, 09:04
The only way i can think of to delete them is to hope they spontaniously combust for lying:angel:

mdares
16-08-03, 10:57
currently my int is 89 base; but then i lommed int about 6 times...

:(

(no hack -> hack -> no hack -> poke -> no poke -> hack -> no hack)

so i lost atleast around 6 lvls...

*sigh*

i could be nearly capped int had i made up my mind since the beginning...

Sleawer
16-08-03, 13:45
heh, I lost 4 lvl's back when lom's took away one entire lvl per pill... man that sucked.

StoneRayne
17-08-03, 09:09
No eric.. there were no patches in the middle, and Omen was never a hybrid.. Well... not for a long time. it was all in same patch time. Ask qd, he saw my rank getting screwed hehe ^^

Also, there was no imp changes at all. Except offcourse, I put in nerves 3. Nothing PSU/PPW/PPU related. And psi3 doesn't affect me since the freq on my heal is capped anyhow =/ And even if it did, it doesn't explain anything, (so I get smaller rank with psi3 after loming, wtf? ^^)
I'm positive I had 76 before loming str and a bit of con. After loming I have 70 =/

That's why I asked the question really, if there were any drastic changes I made, then the question would be rather silly..
So.. anyone has any kind of coherent explanation? While you're at it, explain how resists work too, and no, not the theories ^^