PDA

View Full Version : Should MC5 chips always be repaired to 120/120 condition?

Arcadius
14-08-03, 09:04
ATM mc5 chips are super incredibly hard to get. It doesn't seem like KK will put the glass back or lessen teh amount of mobs or slightly weaken them. I feel bad for all the people that can't make it in there. It shouldn't be only for the .5% HARDCORE gamers only. ANYHOO, the mc5 chips are only +1 stat better than our normal rare class chips. They require TL 115 poke, and next patch FEWER people will poke TL 115 because of needing a 1 mil price tool. On top of that the condition loss is alot upon death. I'm not a ppu, so I die alot. Next death will wreck my DS. :( And I don't op fight as much. One major reason I'm afraid to op fight is because I don't want my DS to become "worthless" if I die too much. Their are alot of trustworthy UBER constructors that I know.

I only know of ONE uber repairer that I trust. But I haven't seen him in weeks(PRAETORIAN ;)). The only trustworthy repairers I know now have very low repair skill lol.

Alot of players say YES mc5 should be super duper hard. YES it should require a TL 115 poke, it's the best chip in teh game. Currently the only advantage it has OVER our normal rare chips is the +1 stat. I propose at least making it always repaired to 120. You have to go through sheer hell to get one, and few people have mc5 chips. The massive difficulty in getting one, and the problem of TL 115 pokage means it should be the best in the game.

Now currently the epic implants can be repaired to 120/120 and their about 5 thousand times easier to get.

So c'mon KK, give us a nice little TINY boost there. :D

What do you guys say?

Dribble Joy
14-08-03, 09:14
Remember that while the mc5 chips are just +1 more skill over the normal rare chips, they can be used in conjunctoin with them, so you effectively can have 2 SFs or marines or whatever in your head, much 00b44rness.

I dunno if they should be repped to 120/120, at their current rarety, YES. If KK changes the drop-rate/difficulty of mc5/more mobs dropping them, then no.
As the former seems likely, then yes.

Arcadius
14-08-03, 09:18
Originally posted by Dribble Joy

I dunno if they should be repped to 120/120, at their current rarety, YES. If KK changes the drop-rate/difficulty of mc5/more mobs dropping them, then no.
As the former seems likely, then yes.

I agree.

Yes they are +1 over the normal rare chips, but i'm just comparing it agains the rare chip. You could just as easily say the rare chip is uber because it can be used in conjunction with the mc5 chips, lol :p

Btw anyone who votes no, can you please say why?

phunqe
14-08-03, 09:19
Originally posted by Arcadius
I only know of ONE uber repairer that I trust. But I haven't seen him in weeks(PRAETORIAN ;)). The only trustworthy repairers I know now have very low repair skill lol.

Praetorian is currently doing some UN service in Kosovo, so he won't be around until next year :(
However, I'm in the same clan and I have lommed my Spy char to ubar REP TL 328/150 :p
I'll be on this weekend, give me a haul. Probably, I'll be on with my monk phunqe[].

Regarding the MC5 chips... well... I'm ppu so I don't loose the chip that much. I've been to MC5 a couple of times lately and it's really really hard now.

A solution could be making the MC5 chips an epic reward. When you complete the epic, you could choose which chip you wanted.
This will, in the end, lead to every character having a chip however and I don't know if that's a good thing. The thing with MC5 chips is that they are supposed to be uber rare.
Unfortunately, many people got their chip (including me) when the glass was up, which made it fairly easy since you could seek cover for heal etc.

The overall solution might be to whipe all servers of MC5 chips alltogether?

Promethius
14-08-03, 09:21
I vote yes. The effort andd time of devoting to that horrible place. You def should be able to repair it back to 120%.

Arcadius
14-08-03, 09:22
Originally posted by phunqe

*debuffs phunge while everyone else flames him*

:D

Praetorian is currently doing some UN service in Kosovo, so he won't be around until next year :(

:( I hope he is safe. :(

A solution could be making the MC5 chips an epic reward. When you complete the epic, you could choose which chip you wanted.
This will, in the end, lead to every character having a chip however and I don't know if that's a good thing.

Could be an uber hard "universal" epic that anyone can do. And it could be uver hard.

Promethius
14-08-03, 09:23

lol jsut because you dislike the idea that some people got there mc5 parts at an 'easier' time doesn't justify taking away our mc5 chips. We've spent our countless hours to build our chips and we shouldn't be punished because you dislike when we got our chips.

Arcadius
14-08-03, 09:25
Originally posted by Promethius
lol jsut because you dislike the idea that some people got there mc5 parts at an 'easier' time doesn't justify taking away our mc5 chips. We've spent our countless hours to build our chips and we shouldn't be punished because you dislike when we got our chips.

Phunge got his.

Erm, it may have been easy for his ppu but I know it was still a BITCH of a time for my apu especially when YOYO health bug wasn't fixed at the time I got it. Low health+yoyo=many deaths :D

KidWithStick
14-08-03, 09:27
i dont even got one..but i agree, if theyre so hard to get they should be repaired like epics...

these things are harder to get than an EPIC!!! so therefore they should be able to go back to 120 percent.

Promethius
14-08-03, 09:27
Phunge got his.

Erm, it may have been easy for his ppu but I know it was still a BITCH of a time for my apu especially when YOYO health bug wasn't fixed at the time I got it. Low health+yoyo=many deaths :D

True it was the worste when u poke out to fight (while buffed) and 3 secs later u notice ur Hlt droppin rediculously fast and u realize ur shetler came off *belt pops outa me*

Also on another note the reason i think they took out the glass wasn't jsut because of the able to hide but also cuz there was a few...not so legit palces to be. 3 to eb exact =). There was a way to jump onto the glass and they wouldn't attack u. another one was jumping into the rafters from ontop of the glass. not only could they not even hit u but ur avatar becomes invisible. leet h4x.

Arcadius
14-08-03, 09:30
wow alot of people voted no, i wonder why. :)

I would also love to hear the reason for saying no from any non ppu person who has an mc5 chip.

Promethius
14-08-03, 09:33
well instead of making them repair back to 120/120 i would prefer if they just made it so when it pops out that the % of its condition doesn't drop so much. like losin just 5% per death ro soemthing.

Arcadius
14-08-03, 09:40
well instead of making them repair back to 120/120 i would prefer if they just made it so when it pops out that the % of its condition doesn't drop so much. like losin just 5% per death ro soemthing.

Yea. I think ATM it loses 19-21% every pop. :eek:

Promethius
14-08-03, 09:42
Good thing i have a few trusty repairers....and ressurecters =P.

Nice onyl losing 1%. (i use to repair items on my tank...losing about 8% per full repair....not my mc5 chips but my CS's)

LTA
14-08-03, 10:34
I'd say yeah

i don't have one yet (in the process) but for those who do it's not like replacements are coming easy (well maybe for some not others :p)

Parlath
14-08-03, 10:56
I voted no.

Basically my reasoning is that you can only do an Epic once, so if you're Epic chips degraded to 'worthless' you would never get another (unless you can find someone to sell you one).

True, MC5 chips are hard to get but they're still obtainable and I see no reason why these particular rares should be treated differently from any other type.

I've never had a MC5 chip before, so don't know what the degrade rate is. However if it's around 19% or so then I think it should be reduced in line with other chips which I believe is around 6% per pop.

Kasumi
14-08-03, 11:50
I have read this but no they should not be.. I dont care how hard there to get.. They are rare/unique implants not epic rewards.. Even if its impossible to get the parts now they should never ever be allowed to be repaired to 120/120.. It would remove the reason for people to goto MC5.. I mean if your going to have that why not just make all rare things do that it completely ruins the point of collecting parts for them if they do something like that so NO! :O

Arcadius
14-08-03, 11:50
Originally posted by Parlath

True, MC5 chips are hard to get but they're still obtainable .

Nope, not for everyone. Their literally impossible for droners(maybe even all spies) to get. A Pure tradeskiller(on pluto for example) has no choice but to buy it from other people, imo not that different from buying an epic reward from soemone else.

These particular rares should be treated as a different type because they are wayyy harder to get than any other rare, and their already treated as a different type since it requires TL 115 poke even though the requirements are 95. :p

Arcadius
14-08-03, 11:54
Originally posted by Kasumi
It would remove the reason for people to goto MC5..

O_o

Are you serious? How so?

People who dont' have it still have to go get it.

Do you have any chips, have you tried to get any?

RayBob
14-08-03, 12:02
I agree Shadow. I voted Yes.

By the way, kweef is an alt I have that has skill level 168 repair before buffs. I can repair for you.

Ray

Promethius
14-08-03, 12:03
makin it repair to 120% doesn't mean no one will go to mc5. it means no one will return to mc5 after they get wat they need (which could be a good thing because it lets otherse get a cahnce in the mc5 room)

Arcadius
14-08-03, 12:05
Originally posted by RayBob
I agree Shadow. I voted Yes.

By the way, kweef is an alt I have that has skill level 168 repair before buffs. I can repair for you.

Ray

wowzer.

Great thanks!

Kasumi
14-08-03, 12:07
Nope, not for everyone. Their literally impossible for droners(maybe even all spies) to get. A Pure tradeskiller(on pluto for example) has no choice but to buy it from other people, imo not that different from buying an epic reward from soemone else. If there a pure tradeskiller they wont have to worry about ti falling out now would they? :) and abotu droners id unno about them but still.. a Rigger Interface is just as good..

I didnt mean as in no one would go there.. But once everyone has them.. what reasonw ould be to go there? none almost unless you lost your MC5 to a bug or something it takes the point out of MC5.. if they can be repaired to 120/120 everytime.. and yes i have been to MC5 several times.. but not since the glass has been removed even so.. i still would never ever wanna see MC5s to be repaired to 120/120 and i bet all the votes for yes are people who own MC5 CPUs.. no i dont have one and i dont care for them so dont say "Blah blah blah you dont have one so you wouldnt know" its not that its i dont care.. plus 1 to INT or 1 to DEX isnt a big deal to me i can use any of my weapons with what i got and the extra bonus's i coul careless they dont help me because i dont aim for the caps on my weapons so.. yea

Mingerroo
14-08-03, 12:13
They shouldn't be able to be repaired to 120/120 all the time. Just slow the degrade rate or something. Because I agree the last thing id like to see is when i get my shiny SA watch it melt away within months. (hold on, that doesnt seem toooo bad o_O)

Promethius
14-08-03, 12:13
... If there a pure tradeskiller they wont have to worry about ti falling out now would they? :) and abotu droners id unno about them but still.. a Rigger Interface is just as good..

I didnt mean as in no one would go there.. But once everyone has them.. what reasonw ould be to go there? none almost unless you lost your MC5 to a bug or something it takes the point out of MC5.. if they can be repaired to 120/120 everytime.. and yes i have been to MC5 several times.. but not since the glass has been removed even so.. i still would never ever wanna see MC5s to be repaired to 120/120 and i bet all the votes for yes are people who own MC5 CPUs.. no i dont have one and i dont care for them so dont say "Blah blah blah you dont have one so you wouldnt know" its not that its i dont care.. plus 1 to INT or 1 to DEX isnt a big deal to me i can use any of my weapons with what i got and the extra bonus's i coul careless they dont help me because i dont aim for the caps on my weapons so.. yea

wat does the fact of having or not ahving an MC5 effect ur thought on repairing back to 120%. i would vote for it because i wouldn't mind a non brake able extremely rare chip. tho if i didnt ahve oen...if i got oen i sure owuldn't want it to brake...

Kasumi
14-08-03, 12:20
wat does the fact of having or not ahving an MC5 effect ur thought on repairing back to 120%. i would vote for it because i wouldn't mind a non brake able extremely rare chip. tho if i didnt ahve oen...if i got oen i sure owuldn't want it to brake...

If i got one i wouldnt care if it broke.. iI could get another one.. its not a big deal.. but i guess some people thnk its life or death if there MC5 breaks or not.. But repaireing to 120/120 is utterly stupid.. and wont happen so keep dreaming ;)

FBI
14-08-03, 12:21
Originally posted by KidWithStick
i dont even got one..but i agree, if theyre so hard to get they should be repaired like epics...

these things are harder to get than an EPIC!!! so therefore they should be able to go back to 120 percent.

They should NOT be repaired back to 120/120 because:

1) Epics repair to 120/120 because you get them only ONCE

2) Mc5 are hard to get but you can always get another one

3) They'll make them easier to get sooner or later, but more
important... until they do, the chip won't just wreck that quickly,
I have a hardbackbone3 that hasn't wrecked in 3months+. I
think your all overreacting a little.

LTA
14-08-03, 12:35
[B i bet all the votes for yes are people who own MC5 CPUs[/B]

bzzzzt wrong

I voted yes and i dont have one.
Even had a stab at getting one but it's slow and tbh as someone else has said we have to camp in there for hours at sucky drop rates so no-one gets a chance for hours while others are in there

Ste-X
14-08-03, 13:01
Doing mc5 is piss easy its the shit drop rate that sucks

1 drop at least per commander

and no they should not be repaired to 120/120

i have 2 mc5 chips and ive neally got a 3rd its easy enough to get them if you know how to do it

Scikar
14-08-03, 13:05
I voted no, quite selfishly. :p

My reasons are

1) I have a fat 0 MC5 chips, and have never been able to get a ppu to help me go there (people tend to go with people they know best, unfortunately the ppu I knew best hated the place and refused to set foot inside). Yet there are people with an MC5 chip in every char. But I guess maybe I'm just jealous. :p

2) If they repaired to 120/120 then nobody who already has one would come to MC5 to help me get my own because it's a horrible place.

At the end of the day I agree, MC5 chips need some serious tweaking. Not the chips themselves but how they are obtained. It seems KK has done what they did with rares - made them harder to get only after the hardcore players have what they need. Sure people have earned the chips but think how unfair it is on people who aren't connected - before now they couldn't get any chips because the place was being camped 24/7 by all the powerful clans, now when they get in with their not capped and not so well equipped ppu monk they face a much harder dungeon? That's not exactly fair imo.

garyu69
14-08-03, 13:10
Surely if they were to be able to be repaired to 120% condition all the time that is then like saying once you have a chip, you have it for life. There would therefore never be any need to go get another one.

I vote NO

Ste-X
14-08-03, 13:11
ill go with you to mc5 sic ;)

Scikar
14-08-03, 13:33
Originally posted by Ste-X
ill go with you to mc5 sic ;)

OK strike one 'no' vote, though I'm not saying yes until I get a DS. :p

Nexxy
14-08-03, 13:35
no cos epic items only repair to 120/120 cos each char can only get one. Just because its hard is no reason to make em repair to full.

phunqe
14-08-03, 13:45
wowzer.

Great thanks!

So that's how you want to do it eh?

I offer my ubar services and you don't even comment. Then someone else comes along and you accept immediately.

;)

Bah, I'll just keep my tool for the needy ladi... err I mean runners.

o_O :angel:

EDIT: My spy has 164 unbuffed if I'm not wrong, maybe more :p

ghandisfury
14-08-03, 14:39
Ermm...sorry, I voted no. It's possible. I think if it get back to a 120/120 condition it would stop people from going there. You need an uber repair DM any alpha/beta in SXR. ;)

Elric
14-08-03, 15:05
Originally posted by Nexxy
no cos epic items only repair to 120/120 cos each char can only get one. Just because its hard is no reason to make em repair to full.

Perfectly said. I voted no.

Arcadius
14-08-03, 19:26
... If there a pure tradeskiller they wont have to worry about ti falling out now would they? :)

What are you talking about?? What failing? I'm talking about htem going to mc5.

and abotu droners id unno about them but still.. a Rigger Interface is just as good..

IRRELEVANT. You said everyone can go to mc5.

But once everyone has them..

Which would happen in 5 million years.

no i dont have one and i dont care for them

but not since the glass has been removed even so.

SURPRISE!

ericdraven
14-08-03, 19:29
NO.

1) they are NORMAL chips. Their stats are not über. They are hard to get, but still. So why should they be repaired to artifact condition?! They are not epic items which you can get only once (per char).

2) Just to piss off Arcadius again, like with the "put the glass back to MC5" poll. :lol: :lol: :p :p

/EDIT: Don't take it personal Arc, i am joking. :)

Nullifidian
14-08-03, 19:43
NO

Actually I think they shouldn't be capable of being repaired.

Furthermore I think they should be deleted. Fucking campers. Goddamn girlscouts. You can go roast marshmellows to your hearts content, but do it in another fucking game, assholes.

Promethius
14-08-03, 19:44
Originally posted by Nullifidian
NO

Actually I think they shouldn't be capable of being repaired.

Furthermore I think they should be deleted. Fucking campers. Goddamn girlscouts. You can go roast marshmellows to your hearts content, but do it in another fucking game, assholes.

flame much?

Nullifidian
14-08-03, 19:48
flame much?

Every time the topic of MC5 comes up, I get pissed. Why?

Because KK promised long ago, promised profusely, that there would NEVER EVER be camping in Neocron.

It was bad enough when they made rares, but MC5 is an absolute 100%, full fledged violation of that promise.

Promethius
14-08-03, 19:53
Originally posted by Nullifidian
Every time the topic of MC5 comes up, I get pissed. Why?

Because KK promised long ago, promised profusely, that there would NEVER EVER be camping in Neocron.

It was bad enough when they made rares, but MC5 is an absolute 100%, full fledged violation of that promise.

well if u didn't camp how else are u going to get a mc5 chip...

I kinda liked the idea that it was a small roomm because that would limit the chips from being everywhere. But you would say its unfair to some...well if you can get there and kill the people in the room well then its urs.

Arcadius
14-08-03, 19:56
Originally posted by ericdraven

2) Just to piss off Arcadius again, like with the "put the glass back to MC5" poll. :lol: :lol: :p :p

It's good to know you and Scikar gave good reasons for saying no.

NO.

1) they are NORMAL chips. Their stats are not über.

Really? Is that why it requires a TL 115 poke even though it's requirement is 95? Is that why it loses 19% condition per pop? Is that why you have to go through sheer hell and camping and hard work(much harder than any rare) to get one? Because it's a normal chip with non uber stats?

Shouldn't we be rewarded for our hard work?

Nullifidian
14-08-03, 20:01
It's good to know you and Scikar gave good reasons for saying no.

Really? Is that why it requires a TL 115 poke even though it's requirement is 95? Is that why it loses 19% condition per pop? Is that why you have to go through sheer hell and camping and hard work(much harder than any rare) to get one? Because it's a normal chip with non uber stats?

Note the huge font part.

DELETE THE FUCKING MC5 CHIPS

Dribble Joy
14-08-03, 20:04
What if the mc5 chips were made attainable from an epic run that every one can do, like the monk3h PA but fucking hard, and you only get a random part from all the different types.
No camping, still lots of high lvl mobs, and still tradeing to get the parts you need.

As I said at the beginning, no i don't think that they should be repped to 120% but only if they drop the dmg rate to the same as the other rare imps, other wise camping will continue to increase.

ericdraven
14-08-03, 20:06

You ARE rewarded more than enough for being able to use the DS AND the core which is the same as if i would be able to use two cores. Not rewarding enough? For me it's a GREAT reward.

Look at your stats, look at mine. We both are capped. You got a 50 points bigger PSI pool and do more damage. JUST because of that chip. Not enough? What do you want more? o_O

Arcadius
15-08-03, 20:57

Not enough? What do you want more? o_O

To KEEP the chip. thx

It's just funny how eveyrone says mc5 chips should be treated like all other chips, yet for some reason they require TL 115 poke even though their req 95 AND they lose 3x the condition loss upon pop. So now we got 2 negatives that OTHER chips don't have, yet you guys get on my case when I want it to have a positive other chips don't have? :wtf:

Scikar
15-08-03, 21:04
To KEEP the chip. thx

It's just funny how eveyrone says mc5 chips should be treated like all other chips, yet for some reason they require TL 115 poke even though their req 95 AND they lose 3x the condition loss upon pop. So now we got 2 negatives that OTHER chips don't have, yet you guys get on my case when I want it to have a positive other chips don't have? :wtf:

Well that's the point, you already have a bunch of postives, just look at the stats on the chip. :rolleyes:

I agree that MC5 parts should be available through an epic run as well as from the comm.

Nullifidian
15-08-03, 22:57
Originally posted by Scikar
Well that's the point, you already have a bunch of postives, just look at the stats on the chip. :rolleyes:

I agree that MC5 parts should be available through an epic run as well as from the comm.

They shouldn't be available from the commander.

They should only be available from some quest or something

Plus, I don't think the quest should be the same every time; it should be dynamic so that it's different every time you do it.

Arcadius
15-08-03, 23:00

Then how come PSI core doesn't require TL 115 poke and doesn't lose 93247237842387 condition upon pop?

Mc5 is fucking impossible for me now, if my DS breaks and I have to go back.....

Either put the fucking glass back in or make it repair to 120/120. I mean jesus look at the damn stats on teh DS and PSI core, the DS isn't nearly as uber as it should be to justify all the outrageous negative bullshit that goes along with it.

THX

Nexxy
15-08-03, 23:21
higher tl, higher reqs should equal more condition loss. Dont whine just cos youve had your pop out loads and its close to going boom so you think KK should turn this game into even more of a carebear land. "hey this games almost kinda hard, i know ill go moan so its uber easy and take all the fun away"

Arcadius
15-08-03, 23:25
higher tl, higher reqs should equal more condition loss. Dont whine just cos youve had your pop out loads and its close to going boom so you think KK should turn this game into even more of a carebear land. "hey this games almost kinda hard, i know ill go moan so its uber easy and take all the fun away"

Talk about tunnel vision. :rolleyes:

Nexxy
15-08-03, 23:27
hey look at me ill use this smile :rolleyes: in all my posts where i make no fucking point just so i have the slight chance of being fucking funny.

:rolleyes:

Arcadius
15-08-03, 23:28
hey look at me ill use this smile :rolleyes: in all my posts where i make no fucking point just so i have the slight chance of being fucking funny.

I did make a point, you "hardcore"(wannabes more like it) types can't see the difference between black and white. If someone asks for a small boost or change it's changing from SUPER DUPER HARDCORE 1337 to super ultra carebear.

You talk about making no fucking points, what point did you make? All you do is troll and flame in these forums.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I don't even know why I waste my time with you.

Nexxy
15-08-03, 23:33
cos the point of this thread is so fucking dumb. Do theyre hard to get, so is a psi core. Theres a pool of like 300 parts to get one from. Fact is epic items repair to 120 cos if they didnt only chance you would have of getting one is off another player. If a mc5 gos boom as hard as it can be you can get your own.

i dont troll, i still play the game. And i try not to flame but when i try to make a point some idiot makes some stupid comment.

and dont give me none of the im too good for this convo im started shit, it doesnt work.

Arcadius
15-08-03, 23:41

Anyways, mods you can close this thread now. Thanks. :angel:

Scikar
16-08-03, 00:08
It might be easier to get a psi core, but you can't have 2 of those.

:p

Arcadius
16-08-03, 00:51
It might be easier to get a psi core, but you can't have 2 of those.

:p

The only major reason i'm so fanatic about DS is that it gives me a somewhat DECENT(even though still very low) mana pool.

If apus could get decent mana pools(320+ at least) then I wouldnt' care that much about DS.

Feel me? :)

Scikar
16-08-03, 00:53
The only major reason i'm so fanatic about DS is that it gives me a somewhat DECENT(even though still very low) mana pool.

If apus could get decent mana pools(320+ at least) then I wouldnt' care that much about DS.

Feel me? :)

Well I understand your point but I can't feel you, unless you just morphed into my keyboard. o_O

I'm even more in favour of your DS wrecking now because then you'll come to the forums and help me get us some more mana (ppw on attack chips, more mana from psi use, come on someone's gotta be listening).

Budfan8
16-08-03, 00:59
well I didn't read thw whole thread, but I think that something like this would be nice. I do not have a herc yet, but all I hear on TS everytime one of our tanks die is

"God damnit, fucking thing fell out again!!! Thats the third time in one day."

From what I hear the damn thing does fall out quite a bit. Im not sure what a viable solution is, but considering that I have been to MC5 with my clan quite a few times, and we have gotten about 19+ parts total and none of em herc parts.....would be nice if they lasted a wee bit longer.

(Not just pointing out the herc, but thats the only chip anyone in our clan has).

Scikar
16-08-03, 01:01
OK so how about they don't repair to artifact but they don't take quite so much damage when they pop?

Arcadius
16-08-03, 01:05
OK so how about they don't repair to artifact but they don't take quite so much damage when they pop?

That would be great. I still have my first psi core lol.

It's just 15-19% per pop is insane. It makes me not want to PvP for fear of death, and sometimes I even wonder if it's worth it.

VVerevvolf
16-08-03, 01:28
Definitly NO.
And I am 100% sure KK won't change it.
Otherwise we would have thousands of them in a couple of months.

Just because some ppl are too lazy to get new ones, they want KK to fuck the economy up even more. Omg :confused:

Arcadius
16-08-03, 01:52
Originally posted by VVerevvolf

Just because some ppl are too lazy to get new ones, they want KK to fuck the economy up even more. Omg :confused:

LAZY?

Omg i'm so sick of these asanine comments. If you knew what I went through to get a DS you wouldn't call me lazy.

GOD. Can't anyone vote without making sily comments.

Like I said, mods please close this thnx.

Dribble Joy
16-08-03, 02:11

Agreed. I popped my SA and it's now on 107% O_o

The sujestion of a dynamic MC5 chip quest is good too.
Diiferent each time/chip and/or for each faction? like secondary epics.

VVerevvolf
16-08-03, 02:23
Holy shit Arcadius, those chips are supposed to be ultra rare, so fucking hell, its good that you can't get them that easy!
And Im thanking god that KK won't listen to some whining ppl.

I think Scikars' idea is a good one.

ericdraven
16-08-03, 04:10
I don't really get it - they lose up to 19% per death?

1) let rezz you
2) if that's not possible (why?) then you can die 6 times until you have to REPAIR it.
Then it will lose - 3%? (my monk PA lost 3% condition - and it's TL 135 - as i repaired it with my repper).
Means you can repair it 40 times until the MC5 chip is dead forever.
40 times x 6 times => you can die fu**ing 240 times until it's useless!!! wtf?! Do you die 10 times a day or what? :lol:

/EDIT: The caluclation is not 100% correct, yes, but as i saw in this thread the condition-loss per death is lower than 19% sometimes. So even if you can "only" die 200 times it's still more than enough..

Scikar
16-08-03, 04:11
I don't really get it - they lose up to 19% per death?

1) let rezz you
2) if that's not possible (why?) then you can die 6 times until you have to REPAIR it.
Then it will lose - 3%? (my monk PA lost 3% condition - and it's TL 135 - as i repaired it with my repper).
40 times x 6 times => you can die fu**ing 240 times until it's useless!!! wtf?! Do you die 10 times a day or what? :lol:

Nah eric, your maths is a little off. When it's down to 60% you can only pop it 3 times before it needs a rep. And it doesn't pop every time you die.

ericdraven
16-08-03, 04:13
Nah eric, your maths is a little off. When it's down to 60% you can only pop it 3 times before it needs a rep. And it doesn't pop every time you die.

Yep, that's what i mean on my EDIT. :)

However, i didnt think about that it doesnt pop out all the time when you die - this makes the number of "possible deaths" even higher. :p

Arcadius
16-08-03, 04:15

2) if that's not possible (why?)

Because I like to play more than 20 minutes since I don't have a ppu up my ass?

40 times x 6 times => you can die fu**ing 240 .

o_O

:confused:

?

Scikar
16-08-03, 04:17
He's right Arc, I doubt even as an APU you've died over 200 times in his whole life.

Arcadius
16-08-03, 04:34
He's right Arc, I doubt even as an APU you've died over 200 times in his whole life.

True true. :p

I wonder if anyone has repaired a DS yet.

VVerevvolf
16-08-03, 12:21
I repaired MC5 Imps already.
Skill is 128, and the quality loss goes from 1% (yea thats true, 1% and fully repaired 8| ) to 4% and only repaired up to 104/116%. Everytime repaired them with the same skill.

\\Fényx//
16-08-03, 12:28
I dont believe they should be repaired to fully artifact, maybe just 5-8% damage per each time it pops... thing is the quality is 120%, it loses 2-5% per repair, thats like 30-50 repairs before its truely b0rke... got my tank is my main char, i die regularly every night, his marine pops out more than K4F pops acid O_o and that Marine is 8 months old now (it was a xmas present 8|) and its only 19/53%... thats still a fair few repairs left...

alig
16-08-03, 12:44
No. It's not an epic chip so why should it be repaired to 120/120? there is no excuse, its just a rare chip like marines, SF, SS, psi-core....

greendonkeyuk
16-08-03, 13:43
It shouldnt repair to 120/120%, it should be more widely available as a chip (i mean any of the 5 here) and theres no way they should lose 19% per pop out. i mean 5% is more than enough to start with. I think with the amount of grief you gotta go through to get there in the first place the least they could do is make the thing last longer. I agree with arc on this much. no way should they repair to artifact each time however, that jus alienates all the people who dont have them at the moment.

My personal opinion is mc5 should be overhauled drastically. I like the idea of having an uber rare chip. ive been to mc5 on many occasions. i have 3 mc5 parts, no full chips but i slogged hard enough to get those so yeah i do know where arc is coming from. What i dont like is the amount of stress that mc5 has brought into this game because everyone "has to keep up with the jones's".

You all want hercules chips for your tanks, you all want synaptic accelerators for your pes etc which is fine but the way some people went about getting em, i mean clans camping and when another clan arrived practically going to war on them because "you were there first".....

I think that there should be a (remote) chance that these parts drop elsewhere. Only in "boss" mobs around the map though, obviously having em called mc5 parts (maybe a replacement with similar stats?) isnt going to be realistic but if they were to drop perhaps from the chaos queen in the chaos cave or the scorpion queen or the viperking or even the apparition? would that be so bad?
i dont mean dropping every single time but at least maybe a 1 in 20 chance or something like that.... to alleviate the pressure of camping mc5. to solve the disputes that happen there and most importantly to balance the game out a little for the less "hardcore" gamers. its gives more people the chance to get the chips whilst they still remain "rare".

The problem with a poll like this, is pretty much instantly opinions on mc5 are decided before the thread starter has even put pen to paper.... we as a community are divided into 2 classes.

Those who have mc5 chips,
Those who dont.

All the people i know who have em know what kind of grief they had to go through to get em. Some would go as far as givin you their first born before their mc5 chips (if runners could have children that is, i dont mean irl 8| )

Then theres others, who cant get to/dont want mc5 chips for whatever reason.

I personally think the guys who went out and got em deserve em. by whatever means you obtained it you earned it. if you had to buy it from someone else then you had to earn the cash to do that from somewhere. if you were given one by your clan then..... one of them probably struggled hard to get their chips.

the people who put the effort in to get a chip are going to want it as easy as possible to keep of course they are. its human nature, the other people have other opinions, some may be jealous, some may prefer to play without an mc5 chip. some may not want one as they dont play long enough or know the people to help em get there.

My point is, to the people who WANT to go and put the efforts in, let them do it. its how they play their game, to the people who dont want to do that. simply put dont moan, others took the time and effort.

In order for everyone to get a fair crack at it however they need to have multiple "boss" zones all over the map, to prevent happy campers and the ensuing grief that always goes along with it.

my 2 pence worth

Ascension
14-09-03, 19:08
Rez'in this post cos Its Very valid.. :)

Rieper
14-09-03, 19:41
Erk, this is gonna be closed.

Dribble Joy
14-09-03, 19:50
BUMP BUMP BUMBPITY BUMP

Rieper
14-09-03, 20:45
+1 :p

Ascension
14-09-03, 20:50
Anyway. Back on topic, Really MC 5 Chips should be like Epic Chips for the sheer fact there so hard 2 get:rolleyes:

Psyco Groupie
14-09-03, 20:51
its not asif it only gives u one more psi or wotever.. it gives u all the other bonus that the psi core or wotever would normally do .. your not gonan wreck your ds in less than 3 months anyway .. jeeeeez .. u defo deserve a carebear slandering

goto a server with tradeskillers or a multi char svr :P

Omnituens
14-09-03, 20:54
http://www.ihateaol.co.uk/misc/galleries/show.php/640x640//funnypics/shatnerback.jpg