PDA

View Full Version : What qualifies as a 'threat' ingame?

ZoneVortex
14-08-03, 05:21
Ok. The situation:

I put my LE in to stop myself from being PKed. I walk up to an enemy monk who PKed me earlier and say "Haha kill me now bitch!" He says "I'm going to report you for calling me a bitch". I tell him that there's nothing in the terms that say I can't swear ingame, considering that some NPCs swear more than I do.

Calling someone a bitch 'in character' (He's the enemy faction! Die evil TG!) isn't 'illegal', right?

bounty
14-08-03, 05:22
a heck of a lot better than some of the things i've said :-/:angel:

ZoneVortex
14-08-03, 05:23
Originally posted by bounty
a heck of a lot better than some of the things i've said :-/:angel:

Yeah no kidding. I ended up telling him, and all of this is true, that I took screen shots of 3 different people calling me a 'fag' today, so if HE reported me for that, I'd report all of them. And all of them were in his clan:p so it'd be a nice 3 for 1 deal.

Mankind
14-08-03, 05:27
I got told I was going to be banned for calling them gay. Why did I call them gay? Because they "sexed" me with their LE in like 50 times in a row in PP1 trying to make me feel bad because I couldnt kill them. I simply said "gay" and walked away to kill some oOo guy.

ZoneVortex
14-08-03, 05:30
Originally posted by Mankind
I got told I was going to be banned for calling them gay. Why did I call them gay? Because they "sexed" me with their LE in like 50 times in a row in PP1 trying to make me feel bad because I couldnt kill them. I simply said "gay" and walked away to kill some oOo guy.

You got told by a GM you would be banned for calling them gay? If so I'll screw over these people.

Hippieman
14-08-03, 05:31
Well as long as you dont mass swear like using every word in the book and dont use racial slurs, it should be ok.

ZoneVortex
14-08-03, 05:32
Originally posted by Hippieman
Well as long as you dont mass swear like using every word in the book and dont use racial slurs, it should be ok.

I'd see calling someone a 'fag' as bad as a racial slur, even if I'm not gay.

Hippieman
14-08-03, 05:34
Originally posted by ZoneVortex
I'd see calling someone a 'fag' as bad as a racial slur, even if I'm not gay.

That word "fag" has been used so much and watered down it just means idiot or something. Plus fag is also a pack of cigarettes I think in UK.

EDIT: I should say watered down online. Most times if you say that in real life expect to go to the emergency room.

KimmyG
14-08-03, 05:43
I say all langauge should be fine dont like use ignore only time something should be doen is if the ingame or out game forums are used.

Scikar
14-08-03, 06:36
I believe I was the monk in question. The only reason I threatened to report you is because I get so much shit from LE users. Sure if ya don't want to be PKd put your LE in, but some people seem to think having an LE in is a right to go around abusing people who can't kill them. The same people who complain about people PKing them and then saying pwned etc. are now putting LEs in and talking shit. I could put them on ignore, but I need to know if they are putting out warnings in a zone when I'm killing people there so I know I'm gonna get a few people after me, it's quite important since I'm apu.

EDIT: Actually might not be me, the guy I was talking to was killed by my clan mates at Cycrow, and not by me, but I was talking to someone who called me a bitch. If ya check the terms of service it is not allowed to use abusive language outside of an RP context. So if you're calling me a bitch cos I'm TG, fine, if you're calling me a bitch purely to aggravate me because you have an LE in, that's against the rules.

ZoneVortex
14-08-03, 07:13
You mighta been the one. I did appologize since it was uncalled for, and I was half playing around. I also don't wear the LE just to talk trash, but more in the way that I totally suck and hate dying to everyone I encounter.

Scikar
14-08-03, 07:20
Originally posted by ZoneVortex
You mighta been the one. I did appologize since it was uncalled for, and I was half playing around. I also don't wear the LE just to talk trash, but more in the way that I totally suck and hate dying to everyone I encounter.

Yeah a few minutes of talking to you and not hearing you say "HAHA U NOOB U CANT KILL ME" was enough to banish all thoughts of reporting you for anything. :p

Berzerker
14-08-03, 08:44
Fag is also a Head boys servent in British public schools. He is usually a n00b. So Fag=n00b.

MjukisDjur
14-08-03, 08:59
haha, players whining about banning is fun... I pk:d a faction enemy after warning him for 30 sec and after that he directed me and whined for 20 minutes (no kidding) and begged me to come back and kill him again so he could report me for "chainkilling" as he called it. Ha ha I say... report away :)