PDA

View Full Version : Make Pluto a hardcore server?

Rade
13-08-03, 23:28
Simple poll, do you want the "hardcore" system that has been implemented on Jupiter to be implemented on Pluto as well? Dont vote yes or no unless you _play_ on Pluto.

Nexxy
13-08-03, 23:32
Yes =P

Russian
13-08-03, 23:32
Rade care to elaborate, what you mean by hardcore system? Sorry I don't play on any other servers, so I don't know :P

MrBane
13-08-03, 23:34
Or alternatively, forget about Pluto for once, and make either Saturn or Uranus a hardcore server, so that way you have the choice of two identical servers, save this one difference.

I wish people would stop fucking around with Pluto.

Rade
13-08-03, 23:37
Basically KK has opted to not start their new "hardcore" server Neptune (wise choice imo, due to server populations) but are instead slowly changing retail server(s) towards that setting. Atm its only a matter of dropping items in Warzones just like you do in anarchy zones, but in the future we can probably expect more changes. Such as harsher looting system, maybe removal of safezones etc.

Promethius
13-08-03, 23:37
wat are the hardcoreshpis of jupiter? Wat is that the server with belt drops in warzone?

Damn i was hopin for neptune. Was goin to power lvl a tank and have it liek the good ol days. But this time i would have a strong cahr and i wouldn't be the one losing items ^^.

I just want a server with NO safe zones, NO belts , and NO soul light. the rest i don't give a fuck. But hey its just a hope =P.

Scikar
13-08-03, 23:46
MrBane's right. If Pluto went hardcore then there would be nowhere for the people who want to play non-hardcore (carebear? :p) rules on a one char server. But if Uranus or Saturn were made into the hardcore server people would have a choice.

Archeus
13-08-03, 23:50
they had this vote a month or so ago, the English servers voted no as much as the germans voted yes.

Doubt peoples thoughts are going to change. I voted yes because I thought you were talking about Neptune. Otherwise I would of voted no.

Unless you have heard something new, the last official statement I heard was that 2 servers would be merged (possibly 4 player ones) and the remaining server would be switched over to neptune.... when DOY comes out.

MrBane
13-08-03, 23:57
Basically KK has opted to not start their new "hardcore" server Neptune (wise choice imo, due to server populations) but are instead slowly changing retail server(s) towards that setting.

If by that you mean the Faction lockdowns and the Hostile Factions having limited access to Neocron, etcetc, this was never in the pipeline just for Neptune, but these have been long standing plans, and in my opinion, common sense.

You wont lose your Safezones in Neocron, you simply wont. The Copbot AI isn't advanced enough to do a good enough job of protecting the innocent, as can be seen by various Bot fishing sessions some people have.

Still, I agree the current situation, and even the planned situation, could do with a major overhaul.

Scikar
14-08-03, 00:10
Originally posted by MrBane
You wont lose your Safezones in Neocron, you simply wont. The Copbot AI isn't advanced enough to do a good enough job of protecting the innocent, as can be seen by various Bot fishing sessions some people have.

It wouldn't be any different to the situation in the canyon. Except that the copbots can actually kill people who try to PK in plaza. All you need is players to stick up for the tradeskillers, and if you think about it, there's usually a lot of high level people in plaza. Also there are people from every city faction while in TG there are only usually TGs or the occasional FA. And who's to say the tradeskillers have to go to Plaza still? It would be very easy just to go to a hiding place in pepper, or VR or OZ or an app or somewhere out of the way, and advertise your position in the faction channel.

Clothing_Option
14-08-03, 00:25
Originally posted by MrBane

I wish people would stop fucking around with Pluto.

YEAH!!!!
If you want diffrent rules play on another server they are there for your enjoyment.

Kazuko
14-08-03, 00:30
Originally posted by Rade
Dont vote yes or no unless you _play_ on Pluto.

Don't tell me what to do! :lol:
But I'm not sure why you want a second hardcore server when there is already one, is it because the first one is a german server?

Dade Murphey
14-08-03, 00:32
for the love of god...how many of these are there going to be...making 900 polls about the same thing isn't doing anything different

Rade
14-08-03, 00:33
Originally posted by Kazuko
Don't tell me what to do! :lol:
But I'm not sure why you want a second hardcore server when there is already one, is it because the first one is a german server?

Yepp.

And the reason I dont want people voting that arent actually playing on the server is that it would give an irrelevant result.

Kazuko
14-08-03, 00:38
Yepp.

And the reason I dont want people voting that arent actually playing on the server is that it would give an irrelevant result.

Yea I was just teasing :p But what do you think changing Pluto to a hard core server would actually do for everyone? Its one of those changes that everyone will either be strongly for or against so I don't think changing the server while its already well established would be well recieved :/

Well, unless everyone does agree, but thats not what it looks like from the poll ;)

HighRiseDrifter
14-08-03, 00:39
Not Pluto.

I don't mind Uranus or Saturn being a `Hardcore` server as there are more character slots on there. However, you only get one char slot on Pluto and I find the level of roleplaying on there to be better than the other servers (Dunno why, maybe because people only have one character they `cherish` it more than having four throwaway char slots).

Keep Pluto as it is.

Kazuko
14-08-03, 00:53
Originally posted by HighRiseDrifter
Not Pluto.

I don't mind Uranus or Saturn being a `Hardcore` server as there are more character slots on there.

I would mind Uranus being a hardcore server :p
I play purposely on the underpopulated server because there is less of a chance of confrontation. Sure there are some people who just PK out of no where, but when there is 50 people on at night chances are that you know 20 of them. It makes for a tighter community and I enjoy that. I think changing it to no law zones would change everything.

Arcadius
14-08-03, 00:54
Besides belt drops in warzones(which I wish was implemented on pluto), what else about Jupiter is "hardcore"?

Nexxy
14-08-03, 01:03
it has errr germans too....

bored =/ - http://www.theinformationminister.com/press.php?ID=612325321

Judge
14-08-03, 01:04
I would be damn pissed off if saturn or pluto got turned into a "hardcore" server. I have one main character on saturn who I roleplay, then the other slots are either for testing out character classes to see if I like them or not, or are for Tradeskillers to help out mates/myself.

Mumblyfish
14-08-03, 01:17
If Pluto went "hardcore" (I think it's code for "idiot") then I simply would never PvP. WOW! Losing my 5-slot Holy Lightning (at least) is SUCH a rewarding PvP system!

Arcadius
14-08-03, 01:20
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
If Pluto went "hardcore" (I think it's code for "idiot") then I simply would never PvP. WOW! Losing my 5-slot Holy Lightning (at least) is SUCH a rewarding PvP system!

So? You can get another one by PKing another apu. :p

Mumblyfish
14-08-03, 01:22
Originally posted by Arcadius
So? You can get another one by PKing another apu. :p

What with? My fists? Sharp end of my power armour?

*ph33r*
14-08-03, 01:25

With your.... MANHOOD!!!! MANSEX!!!

Alex The Great
14-08-03, 01:28
Yes...And if you Sex Peoples bodys coins should come out!
As i see it the rewards for sexing peoples bodys atm is far to low..

Arcadius
14-08-03, 01:31

a store bought energy beam, lol.

It's easy to surprise gank any occasional apu. :p

You can build up a large reservoir of spells.

Eddie
14-08-03, 02:44
yeah that is a great point.

What you lose can be gained by beating someone else.

An interesting concept.. but I still have things that I've cherished, loved, and kept safe for too long to lose now.

*Maybe* if they did that from the beginning.. then I would have learnt to live with it and learnt that you can take nothing for granted.

Eddie

Scikar
14-08-03, 02:48
Originally posted by Eddie
yeah that is a great point.

What you lose can be gained by beating someone else.

An interesting concept.. but I still have things that I've cherished, loved, and kept safe for too long to lose now.

*Maybe* if they did that from the beginning.. then I would have learnt to live with it and learnt that you can take nothing for granted.

Eddie

Well they did do it from the beginning. Then people whined. :rolleyes:

Mumbly I'm quite sure you'll have a FA as well as your HL? Hmm?

I think Saturn should become a hardcore server, personally. :p

enablerbr
14-08-03, 02:51
how can a four mule server be hardcore. what 1 minute your a ganker then when the heat is on swap alts and be a good runner. please.

Scikar
14-08-03, 02:56
Originally posted by enablerbr
how can a four mule server be hardcore. what 1 minute your a ganker then when the heat is on swap alts and be a good runner. please.

Don't bash it till you've tried it. The majority of players on Saturn keep all their alts in the same clan. It's no different to Pluto anyway. On Pluto it would be 1 minute you're ganking people, then next you're on your other account being good.

enablerbr
14-08-03, 03:04
well i've been lvling another spy on saturn. i'm not sure where this bad boy server idea came from. what i've seen of it. theres nothing bad boy about it. i'm CM there and apart from the odd MB battle. nothing more than what happens on pluto.

Scikar
14-08-03, 03:12
Originally posted by enablerbr
well i've been lvling another spy on saturn. i'm not sure where this bad boy server idea came from. what i've seen of it. theres nothing bad boy about it. i'm CM there and apart from the odd MB battle. nothing more than what happens on pluto.

That's because we stopped raiding MB a while ago, it got boring because there were never any high level mercs there, since they all play at different times to most of us TG. Although I went there tonight and had some fun, until a nomad got caught in between me and merc, and I lost too much SL and had to GR away. But we used to go to MB and just find noob after noob, and contrary to what people say, we don't get any thrills off killing noobs, even if we don't leave them. But an hour with no challenge at all gets boring which is why we don't fight there any more. But ask anyone about New Dawn, I guarantee if they are an enemy of TG except Black Dragon they will hate us. :p

Weazle
14-08-03, 04:18
If Pluto was to become Neptune then you'll see half the population quit NC.

Also if you're a paying customer who suddenly got the play environment changed without your consent then you'd be pretty pissed off.

I voted no ... if you're gonna make a hardcore server then its has to be a new server. New players won't stand a chance and the hardcore players are a minority ..... most casual players don't even know about these forums.

da_zero0
14-08-03, 07:27
hardcore server is ok, iam playing on pluto

some times its hard ( lost 4 slot holy catha spell ) but when some time passed u dont even care its like it has been all the time "hardcore"

jernau
14-08-03, 10:53
Basically KK has opted to not start their new "hardcore" server Neptune (wise choice imo, due to server populations) but are instead slowly changing retail server(s) towards that setting. Atm its only a matter of dropping items in Warzones just like you do in anarchy zones, but in the future we can probably expect more changes. Such as harsher looting system, maybe removal of safezones etc.

What makes you think they are going to make further changes in this direction? The Jupiter drop change was months ago and happened after extensive public discussion - I haven't seen any similar changes even mentioned since then.

Originally posted by Archeus
Unless you have heard something new, the last official statement I heard was that 2 servers would be merged (possibly 4 player ones) and the remaining server would be switched over to neptune.... when DOY comes out.

"Official Statement" - Please direct me to it as I clearly missed something major here. If they really have said that they are more out of touch than I imagined.

Kasumi
14-08-03, 11:52
I voted no i am an RPer and i dont want to be forced to move to a different server because people wnat it to be a "hardcore" server.. and dont tell me it will help with the RP side of things because it wont it will just give crackheads and whoever another reason to PK even more than they already do.. SO NO! :)

Syntax-Error
14-08-03, 12:03
i say, sort that damn AI on guards out sort the damn guards for all faction to be equal. and then remove the Neocron safe zones.. i dont see how people are supposed to fight against the City clans when they can run and hide inside a safe zone. and then when there ready raid us then run back to there safe zone. and we cannot attack them. and yes iam a RP before u start.

Mingerroo
14-08-03, 12:09
I said Yes, because I love Pluto but I would prefer the Neptune rules (hardcore). :D

Archeus
14-08-03, 12:15
Originally posted by jernau
"Official Statement" - Please direct me to it as I clearly missed something major here. If they really have said that they are more out of touch than I imagined.

Think it is either in one of the stickies or in the interview they gave to that german game site. I recell publisher change was mentioned in it too..

Also it's not new news, so you should be able to find a few threads bitching about it.

jernau
14-08-03, 12:25
Originally posted by Archeus
Think it is either in one of the stickies or in the interview they gave to that german game site. I recell publisher change was mentioned in it too..

Also it's not new news, so you should be able to find a few threads bitching about it.

I've looked all over the place and can't find anything even close.

I've found (excuse paraphrasing) "we are looking at all options" and "we want neptune but can't afford it". Nowhere can I find anything even vaguely "official" from KK about server mergers.

I have heard unofficial comments that say exactly the opposite ie. that they dont' know if they can even do it technically but nothing I'd want to rely on.

Berzerker
14-08-03, 13:12
Go for it.

Scikar
14-08-03, 13:28
Jernau, look for posts by MJS in community forum. I think it was him who posted that the most likely eventuality is merging 2 servers and using the other for Neptune. Once again he guaranteed we'd get a hardcore server at some point.

Btw if Pluto is going to be the hardcore server can we have a wipe to allow people to move fairly? I have always intended to move to the hardcore server but I don't see why I should have to start from scratch while other people already have capped chars and rares purely because they prefer the play style of a one char server.

jernau
14-08-03, 13:33
Originally posted by Scikar
Jernau, look for posts by MJS in community forum. I think it was him who posted that the most likely eventuality is merging 2 servers and using the other for Neptune. Once again he guaranteed we'd get a hardcore server at some point.

I did that - nothing.

I'm not saying you're lying or anything. I really would like to see where they said this if they did because it's not something I would expect to miss. IMO it would be more likely to affect Saturn (where I play mostly) than Pluto so I want to have my facts straight if I need to fight against it.

Elric
14-08-03, 13:45

Btw if Pluto is going to be the hardcore server can we have a wipe to allow people to move fairly? I have always intended to move to the hardcore server but I don't see why I should have to start from scratch while other people already have capped chars and rares purely because they prefer the play style of a one char server.

That I agreed with.

Other than that, I voted no, due to the fact that NC is treated like a Quake deathmatch with stats too much as it is. The less encouragement on that kind of play the better in my opinion. If it would genuinely have a positive effect on RP etc then i would vote yes, but then I also know exactly what the community Im playing this game with is like... so a resounding "no" on my part.

Scikar
14-08-03, 13:54
Originally posted by jernau
I did that - nothing.

I'm not saying you're lying or anything. I really would like to see where they said this if they did because it's not something I would expect to miss. IMO it would be more likely to affect Saturn (where I play mostly) than Pluto so I want to have my facts straight if I need to fight against it.

I remember seeing it but I can't find anything. :(

Elric - it would benefit RP. All of the kiddie PKers that this forum loves to whine about will probably end up on the hardcore server where the real men can slaughter them, and you guys who don't want the kiddie PKers around will have a much easier time roleplaying.

Elric
14-08-03, 14:40
Elric - it would benefit RP. All of the kiddie PKers that this forum loves to whine about will probably end up on the hardcore server where the real men can slaughter them, and you guys who don't want the kiddie PKers around will have a much easier time roleplaying.

I cant see how it would. Im not what you could really call an RP'r either, if Neptune were to go on, I'd probably be there too. I am NOT a PK'r and hardly ever willingly get in a fight and i only RP when others around me are too. I just dont want to see NC turn into a huge Deathmatch.

Smugly
15-08-03, 03:49
Voted No. Not on my server thank you very much. Just not interested.

Mingerroo
15-08-03, 21:52
Originally posted by Smugly
Voted No. Not on my server thank you very much. Just not interested.

True, regardless of the number of people on Pluto who do want to change it to hardcore, it is simply unfair to force our wishes upon those who don't want the changes :) So yeah, it would HAVE to be a separate server.

Arcadius
15-08-03, 22:28
If pluto was wiped I woudl quit NC.

Sorry, don't feel like busting my ass for months just to recap an apu, get HL pSI core, etc.... and NOT get a DS since it's now impossible to do MC5.

benz
15-08-03, 23:44
yes!

then i can pk on pluto and gang the people and they're gone!!!

jk :p

Colt45
16-08-03, 00:02
full quickbelt drop no safe zone copbots and doy eveywhere

Yes, on pluto. Look how shitty this vote turned out. It's easy to tell men from the boys. Want to play hopscotch?

Whiety Bulger
16-08-03, 00:03
Hardcore=carebears cancel accounts so i dont think KK will like it they might as well just make a new server.

yanbybkipbbpbbp
16-08-03, 01:24
Perhaps if they transfer all those carebear/loosers out of Pluto and onto a carebear/looser server, so that these carebears/loosers can still retain their carebear/looser chars, everything would work out just fine.

If anyone else, on other servers, would wish to join our cool/hardcore server and leave the carebear/loosers that inhabit their current carebear/looser server behind, perhaps KK can just transfer their chars to our hardcore/elite server. This way no one will have anything to complain about. And if they cannot transfer chars from one server to the next do to code problems, there aren’t that many people playing this game, you can do it by hand, meaning: scan a char on server A, create the same char on server B, using GM powers give that char the levels it had on server A and spawn the equipment and credits he had on server A, TADA, that’s how easy it is.

Scikar
16-08-03, 01:26
Originally posted by yanbybkipbbpbbp
Perhaps if they transfer all those carebear/loosers out of Pluto and onto a carebear/looser server, so that these carebears/loosers can still retain their carebear/looser chars, everything would work out just fine.

It's a very unsympathetic way of putting it, and you're forgetting that people on other servers want hardcore rules too, but otherwise that would be nice. :p

zanzan
16-08-03, 01:38
no.
if you dont like the rules on pluto move a server

Mumblyfish
16-08-03, 01:40
PUSSIES! Real hardcore servers have PERMANENT DEATH! LISTEN TO ME, KK!!! I'M A HARDCORE RPKER AND DEMAND YOU FUCK UP THE GAME KEKEKEKEKEKEKE ZERG RUSH ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^

yanbybkipbbpbbp
16-08-03, 01:53
Not only that, I suggest that after you have done these changes and have gotten rid of the loosers/carebears on the hardcore/elite server, send emails to all the vets, spooky, crashoveride, vermilion, deriser, and countless others from open beta, and reveal to them that you have left behind your foolish/carebear/looser way of making games and have realized that it is the hardcore/elite players that make up the masses of THIS GAME, or at least they use to, and wish to invite them back into your nerfed/gimped/screwed up do to carebear/looser whining game, and giving them 1 free month of gaming, hence they have nothing to loose, oh and during that time try to have the best tech support and the most pleasant people working for you so that these vets would take pitty on you and rejoin this waste of community that we have left after all these noobs/carebears/loosers have joined it. Hell I’m sure that if you do that, the vets will be willing to pay twice what you are charging now, that is if you get rid of the carebear/looser rules do to carebear/looser whiners. As of now you have a maximum of 1000 players all together, 10six, a much better game than this, has went down with that number of people, and if you don’t hurry up and repent your ways, you’ll go down too, because as it is now, everything vermilion predicted (and Martin, I hope you remember his predictions after you nerfed the game for the not so final time ) during open beta, has happened, and your loosing people that play this game, every day, your game is dying, and its community died a few days before open beta ended, right after you did the final gimping of this game do to loosers/carebears.

Martin what about all that bullshit that you said during beta days? We will not let this game be gimped do to the pressure from carebears and investors, we wish to realize our dream, blah blah blah. You did the complete opposite.

I’m sure almost non of you noobs/carebears/loosers have heard him say that, but most of us vets did, the only damn people left from the old days are Spy vs Spy, my self, and perhaps 1 or 2 more players, from hundreds that we were before.

“Welcome to cyber norath” a quote from vermilion, which now truly does apply to this wasteland of a game, no pun intended.

t0tt3
16-08-03, 12:43
Nothing in this game can beat a tank kill and when you loot his belt you see a CS :D happend to me twice ^^ MOHAHAHAHA

So yea plz take away the safe slot and drop drop drop...
Safeslot is just a good thing for all non monkeys ;)

alig
16-08-03, 13:12
Are u talking about pluto or the ego server? im mixed up here:rolleyes: