View Full Version : Tank PA

KimmyG
13-08-03, 15:52
WTF is the deal here how bout giving us some decent PA

SPY PA Bonus +117xry Neg -int -50 hack
whoa wanna hack something take it off 0 loss there

Monk PA Bonus +PSI +PPU/APU Neg -con
Well I Had to cry about the loss of my con but I got over it after awhile

Now Tank +4str +10 H-C Neg -4dex and -20ath and a nice ol big target box Yippie.

For +10 HC im losing a nice chunk of speed and making myslef an easy target.

hinch
13-08-03, 15:54
target boxes dont change if your wearing armour or not

KimmyG
13-08-03, 15:55
Originally posted by hinch

Yes it does

hinch
13-08-03, 15:56
bugs@neocron.com then ta as it shouldnt do and was stated several times even once by mjs that it shouldnt

ericdraven
13-08-03, 15:57
It does not, StoneRayne proofed it once with a SCREENSHOT.

hinch
13-08-03, 15:59
its does not to who?
me or him

Shockwave
Kimmy, they're going to be releasing PAs for all the classes (2 types per class), and it has been implied that all the reqs etc will be standardised, so calm it on the imbalance front.
In case you hadn't noticed, the monk PA has some fair nerfs on it, and the provisional stats for the Spy PA (Which is NOT the Anti Rad Suit) have some fairly hefty nerfs built in too.
I think the idea is you don't get something for nothing.

Shock.

KimmyG
Originally posted by ericdraven
It does not, StoneRayne proofed it once with a SCREENSHOT.

IM preety sure it does I have screen that show a bigger box. PA are a super easy target to hit

Trip
13-08-03, 16:00
ARS suit-NOT PA so it aint armor. ARS stands for Anti Radiation Suit. +115 xray resist. does the job. the int hit you cant really bitch about since if you wanna hack just take it off and hack...not like your gonna hack in the middle of a firefight.
Monk PA-its a robe, dress, jawa suit. It adds resists and the psi bonus means you exchange defence for, ubah defence or you change defence for ubah attack. Its a choice that monks want to make.
Tank PA-ok i dont see why your bitching bout this...seriously dont. Nice resists, boosts your offense while your at it. and it drops your ath by 20...but wtf you expecting? paper weight? the clunk is an all body armor. its gonna restrict your mobility. Not exactly your second skin now is it?

what you want is something nice. WITH NO DOWNSIDES. f*ck that, makes the game unbalanced. You want everyone to be jawas, big assed or be spacemen. I dont get the point of having all this stuff having no downsides. its too easy.

KimmyG
13-08-03, 16:02
Originally posted by Trip
ARS suit-NOT PA so it aint armor. ARS stands for Anti Radiation Suit. +115 xray resist. does the job. the int hit you cant really bitch about since if you wanna hack just take it off and hack...not like your gonna hack in the middle of a firefight.
Monk PA-its a robe, dress, jawa suit. It adds resists and the psi bonus means you exchange defence for, ubah defence or you change defence for ubah attack. Its a choice that monks want to make.
Tank PA-ok i dont see why your bitching bout this...seriously dont. Nice resists, boosts your offense while your at it. and it drops your ath by 20...but wtf you expecting? paper weight? the clunk is an all body armor. its gonna restrict your mobility. Not exactly your second skin now is it?

what you want is something nice. WITH NO DOWNSIDES. f*ck that, makes the game unbalanced. You want everyone to be jawas, big assed or be spacemen. I dont get the point of having all this stuff having no downsides. its too easy.

All monks I have fought wear PA all combat spys I fought wear the ARS all good tanks I fought dont wear PA

ericdraven
13-08-03, 16:02
its does not to who?
me or him

Err, sorry, target box does not increase.. :p

Mumblyfish
13-08-03, 16:04
I don't wear the Monk PA for one reason - I like my Green Goblin outfit.

KimmyG
13-08-03, 16:04
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
I don't wear the Monk PA for one reason - I like my Green Goblin outfit.

:eek:

Trip
13-08-03, 16:06
PPUs preferably dont wear the armor in combat as it nerfs the piercing resist so the gatlin just rips em up. Seen a PPU put the armor on to buff ppl then take it off in combat. good one there.
APUs have a tremendous boost with the APU so they wear it to boost up their damage by alot. the defence of theirs comes from the PPUs.
bout combat spys. Sure in fighting you see them wear them but it isn't exactly everyday you find a spy hacking with an ARS suit on now...
bout the tanks. some choose to use it and some dont. their decision. usually at higher levels they've probably reached the use of their HC where the hit of ath isn't worth the extra points. however just below that level you'll see alot of smurfs.

PAs are a choice. they're not an only option. i dont think they're meant to be and i wouldn't want them to be.

Shockwave
13-08-03, 16:08
Originally posted by KimmyG
All monks I have fought wear PA all combat spys I fought wear the ARS all good tanks I fought dont wear PA

Monk PA is new, therefore everyone wants to try it and bee seen it. As to Spies, the ARS gives you no protection WHATSOEVER against anything other than XRay - why on earth would an already scarily-vulnerable class use an ARS for general combat armour?! You'd go down in 2/3 of a second (As opposed to 2 seconds flat :) )

Shock.

Lucjan
13-08-03, 16:35
Originally posted by Shockwave
As to Spies, the ARS gives you no protection WHATSOEVER against anything other than XRay - why on earth would an already scarily-vulnerable class use an ARS for general combat armour?! You'd go down in 2/3 of a second (As opposed to 2 seconds flat :) )

That actually is wrong. 117 XXR allows you to skip XXR resist at all pushing the other resists higher to get more defence. The PRC/FRC you lose by not wearing paper...erm...battle armor for example you compensate by more resist force. Please keep in mind, that resists beyond FRC and PRC leaving single sided resists from belts by side are not available from armor for most spy setups.

/EDIT: from what I see on my screen, the 115 STR PA's hitbox look at least 20% bigger then a non PA tank to me...

Sleawer
13-08-03, 16:35
Spies use the Anti Rad suit because their resists are utter crap, so they have to get any advantage they can, thought it requires 115 dex, which means to be totally capped or totally gimped.

Monks use the PA because #1- allow PPU's to use catharsis sanctum without drugging #2- allow apu's to cap their spells or to have more mana pool.
So we monks chose to wear the PA because without it we suffer serious dissadvantages.

Tanks can cap damage in any of their rares without PA, and their RoF in cannons is bigger than rifles without PA... Tank PA is the same as other PA's, the problem is tanks do not appreciate it because they are a spoil class with all their strenght points into h-c.

FBI
13-08-03, 17:44
with the run speed nerfs, stamina nerfs etc.. the tank PA is
a little outdated. The -ATL should have been reduced a while
ago along with the strength requirements.

Wake up KK ;)

KimmyG
13-08-03, 18:03
Well im not gonna make a big comment on comparing comments about the ARS and Battle Vest 3 as I stated and showed before all the spy needs is a way to egt +6 str more in a new imp or on there armor or +5 and -1str to the helms to be made equal.

Tank PA will give u some more RoF and a little more aim at the cost of a shit load of speed an (in my opinion but not nessearly the opinion of others) I would wager in a battle of 2 tanks one wearing PA and one not with same skill lvl and resist setup the none PA tank would win.

A monk PA is gold yea u lose a bit on the peirce attack but that bennfeit is good get some resist force to make up

Zokk
13-08-03, 18:09
Target box increases with tank PA.

If you think it doesn't... well... you're just...

you're just wrong.

KimmyG
13-08-03, 18:10
I think the only proof needed to show Tank PA is shit is the fact that 98% of old school elite tanks dont wear it.

Sleawer
13-08-03, 18:11
Just to point something... monks dont lose a bit in piercing/foce resists, we lose a lot, the difference is apu's die faster anyway, so we trade resists for damage. Get some resist force? I spec all my 20 str lvl's in resists force, which means 73 for resists and no transport mmkay?

Tank PA is as good and bad as other PA's, just the req's need to be lowered. The problem as I have said is that Tanks already get enought points without it, so the PA is not worth to wear.

No Zokk, Tank and Monk PA's have the frame bigger, but the hitbox remains the same. StoneRayne proved this with screenshots and aiming points, not only with words.

Eledhbrant
13-08-03, 18:16
Originally posted by Trip
PPUs preferably dont wear the armor in combat as it nerfs the piercing resist so the gatlin just rips em up. Seen a PPU put the armor on to buff ppl then take it off in combat. good one there.

I wear the PA2 in combat and did a test yesterday - I outheal 3 speedguns at once on me standing still (PSI not capped). Maybe I could take more with holy spirit vest, I have yet to try.

hinch
13-08-03, 18:18
I think the only proof needed to show Tank PA is shit is the fact that 98% of old school elite tanks dont wear it.

thats because
a) better resists using normal armour
b) normal armour doesnt effect run speed
c) they can cap all their weapons without it

Zokk
13-08-03, 18:19
No Zokk, Tank and Monk PA's have the frame bigger, but the hitbox remains the same. StoneRayne proved this with screenshots and aiming points, not only with words.

You're wrong, he's wrong... you're all wrong. There's a lot of ways you can test it.

The easiest being to watch someone put it on. If that's too dificult to tell the difference then you can get a monk (or anyone with a weapon really) and aim it just outside the person's hitbox before he puts on PA. After he puts it on you will find you can hit him.

It's bigger.

Edit: Monk PA also makes you bigger... by about 2% so no one would notice it in combat.

KimmyG
13-08-03, 18:23
Originally posted by Sleawer
JGet some resist force? I spec all my 20 str lvl's in resists force, which means 73 for resists and no transport mmkay?

Bingo baby you hit the nail on the head.

Dream
13-08-03, 18:27
You can all take your theories on Target Boxes and eat them.

I can hit a PA tank 10 times easier then a non PA tank.

It makes you an easy target, just like Kimmy G said

ericdraven
13-08-03, 18:28
Originally posted by Zokk
You're wrong, he's wrong... you're all wrong. There's a lot of ways you can test it.

The easiest being to watch someone put it on. If that's too dificult to tell the difference then you can get a monk (or anyone with a weapon really) and aim it just outside the person's hitbox before he puts on PA. After he puts it on you will find you can hit him.

It's bigger.

Edit: Monk PA also makes you bigger... by about 2% so no one would notice it in combat.

Read what he wrote. The HITBOX remains the same. Who cares about the frame - you target the hitbox. Once you have the target the box is bigger, so what? You are already targeted (is this an english word? :D ), so it does not matter.

Sleawer
13-08-03, 18:29
@KimmyG, that's what I have in force, and still feel a good difference in force/pierce attackes wearing PA. :)

@Zokk, yes man, you are right and the entire world is wrong. :rolleyes:

Zokk
13-08-03, 18:32
Read what he wrote. The HITBOX remains the same. Who cares about the frame - you target the hitbox. Once you have the target the box is bigger, so what? You are already targeted (is this an english word? ), so it does not matter.

Maybe you should read what I wrote cause I don't know how the hell what you wrote fits in with what I wrote o_O

You put your target outside of a person's hit box, you don't move it. At this point you cannot hit the person.

The person puts on PA, (you still haven't moved the target) and now you can hit him.... but the hitbox didn't increase?

h4x?

Weazle
13-08-03, 18:32
all combat spys I fought wear the ARS all good tanks I fought dont wear PA

Wow talk about over-generalisation :wtf:

Most the CityAdmin combat spies wear COPBOT armour as it provides quite a bit of protection.

I'm a spy who uses ARS only for hunting Warbots .... any other use I'll be shredded like paper.

Tanks who don't wear PA do so only mainly for mobility ... and they're buffed to high heaven.

ericdraven
13-08-03, 18:35
Originally posted by Zokk
The person puts on PA, (you still haven't moved the target) and now you can hit him.... but the hitbox didn't increase?

h4x?

Yup! h4x000000rrrrr!!! :)

Well, provide a screenshot, simple.

I saw a screenshot which proved the opposite. And therefore i got this conclusion.

Lucjan
13-08-03, 18:37
Tried to find that hitbox comparisment, but no luck. Anyone of you got a link to it?

ericdraven
13-08-03, 18:40
Originally posted by Lucjan
Tried to find that hitbox comparisment, but no luck. Anyone of you got a link to it?

Ehm.. no.. try to search for "StoneRayne" as poster (i hope i spelled it correctly), AFAIK he does not has many posts..

KimmyG
13-08-03, 18:47
Originally posted by Weazle
Wow talk about over-generalisation :wtf:

Most the CityAdmin combat spies wear COPBOT armour as it provides quite a bit of protection.

I'm a spy who uses ARS only for hunting Warbots .... any other use I'll be shredded like paper.

Tanks who don't wear PA do so only mainly for mobility ... and they're buffed to high heaven.

Thats cause the general spy poplus is stupid 45 enr resist? If you dont my shareing with me what does a xry CS do to u?

Pitspawn
13-08-03, 18:48
With regards to target hit box increasing with the use of powerarmour...

Yes it does increase HOWEVER the actual amount of the box you can target stays the same. This is not fiction, this is FACT. If you dont believe it you can try it. Its merely an illusion that it makes people easier to target.

Sleawer
13-08-03, 18:54
What Pit said.

Zokk, maybe YOU should read it well, and therefore realize of the obvious instead being sarcastic.

I have done your tests, and the hitbox stays the same, however once you target the hitbox, the frame is bigger than without the armor.

With PA you have the same target hitbox and a bigger FRAME, but the frame does not appear until you target the hitbox. Point made, get it or leave it.

ericdraven
13-08-03, 18:54
Originally posted by Pitspawn
With regards to target hit box increasing with the use of powerarmour...

Yes it does increase HOWEVER the actual amount of the box you can target stays the same. This is not fiction, this is FACT. If you dont believe it you can try it. Its merely an illusion that it makes people easier to target.

That's what i meant. The (invisible) "target box/frame" stays the same, the visible "hit box" gets bigger. So - no difference for aiming.

Weazle
13-08-03, 20:32
Thats cause the general spy poplus is stupid 45 enr resist? If you dont my shareing with me what does a xry CS do to u?

You're talking like the actual resists work :rolleyes:

45 energy resist basically takes alot of our CON skill points and we only have like 40 CON. After that we don't have much to spare for the other 3 resists and health.

I've got 50 energy resist and a heavy energy belt plus the ARS .... by that definition I should be quite resistant to an radioactive modded CS. Well that's bullshit .... I'd still die within 4 or 5 bursts of a CS.

I'd like to ask this question KimmyG .. Are you a spy? Because its sounds like to me you're either a tank or PE who can use much HIGHER armour than a spy can.

Anyways if any sort of PA was all to have no drawbacks then every gimp would be using it but in this world we call Neocron, there's a thing called balance which KK tries to achieve. Where's the roleplaying when everyone is the same? Might as well call this Planetside as that what it is in terms of armour :wtf:

Budfan8
13-08-03, 20:40
I choose not to use PA as a tank not for the speed issues and or bigger hit box, but simply as I do not need it with my resist setup. Instead I use VK armor as it works best with my imps. Now if I know im going into pvp, sometimes I put on a duranium 4 vest, but I like to keep vk so as not to get nailed but apu's using poison.

FBI
13-08-03, 21:28
thats because
a) better resists using normal armour
b) normal armour doesnt effect run speed
c) they can cap all their weapons without it

You can't cap cursed souls in rate of fire or aim without PA.

You can't cap aim at all period, with or without pa.

KidWithStick
13-08-03, 21:32
sorry guys...didnt read all the pages...just the first 5 or so posts..

PA does make the hit boxes bigger...to test as someone who can wear a PA and stand still

get right infront of him with your mouse over the person while he has NO PA on. ask him to put it on while holding the mouse over the person and you will see the box get bigger.

Helen Angilley
13-08-03, 21:32
Fucking hilarious how you compare the armour without detailing the protection they give (Not the resists...).

:rolleyes:

Promethius
13-08-03, 22:41

Dear god it does. Do this. Get a spy and another spy with CA admin armor on line them side to side against a wall....then tell me if teh boxes cahnge =P.

Promethius
13-08-03, 22:41

Dear god it does. Do this. Get a spy and another spy with CA admin armor on line them side to side against a wall....then tell me if teh boxes cahnge =P.

[edit: Mod plz delete this post....it double posted for some reason.....]

Promethius
13-08-03, 22:47
Originally posted by Shockwave
Monk PA is new, therefore everyone wants to try it and bee seen it. As to Spies, the ARS gives you no protection WHATSOEVER against anything other than XRay - why on earth would an already scarily-vulnerable class use an ARS for general combat armour?! You'd go down in 2/3 of a second (As opposed to 2 seconds flat :) )

Shock.

Divide use's the ARS suit and he damn sure doesn't go down in 2/3 seconds. It allows spys to tweak with there con better. so they don't ahve to put any pts into xray just worry bout the rest.

KimmyG
13-08-03, 22:48

45 energy resist basically takes alot of our CON skill points and we only have like 40 CON. After that we don't have much to spare for the other 3 resists and health.

I've got 50 energy resist and a heavy energy belt plus the ARS .... by that definition I should be quite resistant to an radioactive modded CS. Well that's bullshit .... I'd still die within 4 or 5 bursts of a CS.

I'd like to ask this question KimmyG .. Are you a spy? Because its sounds like to me you're either a tank or PE who can use much HIGHER armour than a spy can.

Anyways if any sort of PA was all to have no drawbacks then every gimp would be using it but in this world we call Neocron, there's a thing called balance which KK tries to achieve. Where's the roleplaying when everyone is the same? Might as well call this Planetside as that what it is in terms of armour :wtf:

I was refering to A guy saying he prefers City PA to ARS and I agree that spys armor is crap but to better them all a spy needs is to be able to get 6 more str.

@ Proms comment thats cause Divide isn't a stupid little crying bitch. He spent more than 5 mins with his spys con setup. R

Rather than slaping 10 in fir and enr the rest into HLT and ATH a BAttle 3 set then spend the rest of the time crying on the boards about a weak race I agree spys need a boost but there not far off from being a formidable foe.

Promethius
13-08-03, 22:56

well u take 4-5 bursts from a CS. Well the funny thing is that its the same for tanks. Ever use an entire clip on a tank... the good tanks have about anywhere from 150-280 hp after 4 blasts. If u can survive a full clip of CS well ur CON is fine for a spy. They were never designed to take as much dmg as a tank but a good spy can take decent ammounts of dmg.

SilentGravity
13-08-03, 23:46
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
Fucking hilarious how you compare the armour without detailing the protection they give (Not the resists...).

Its because we are not noobs and know the armors, you wana know what they are, go on http://neocron.ems.ru/ or ingame....

Helen Angilley
13-08-03, 23:47
Originally posted by SilentGravity
Its because we are not noobs and know the armors, you wana know what they are, go on http://neocron.ems.ru/ or ingame....

Whoosh.

SilentGravity
13-08-03, 23:50
Whoosh.

The words of a ex-mod o_O...

Ehyuko
13-08-03, 23:51
Since you're talking about the anti rad suit and not the spy PA...

SPY PA Bonus +117xry Neg -int -50 hack
whoa wanna hack something take it off 0 loss there
Now Tank +4str +10 H-C Neg -4dex and -20ath and a nice ol big target box Yippie.
For +10 HC im losing a nice chunk of speed and making myslef an easy target

Hmm wanna run faster? Take off the Tank PA, 0 loss there. You might also want to mention that the anti rad suit does not give any positive bonuses to any skill compared to tank PA that gives a bonus in HC nor does it give a stat increase.

The -5 int also makes it harder for any non capped spy to use a belt... soon as tank PA gives a -5 to STR, -50 to transport, raises the reqs for inq and dur armour to 97-99 str and you are forced to wear a complete suit or you can't wear any of the armour at all, I'll develop some sympathy for you.

Here's a thought: use the armour provided and those extra 300 con points to improve your resist setup over a spy. Tanks have a lot more variety and ease of access to armour types and strength then spies, plus the freedom to use their skill points fully in their main weapon stat without worrying about runspeed or TC.

From what people have posted about the assassin and infiltration suits, those will also have negitives to Ath/Agil and bonuses similar to tank PA, meaning I won't be wearing those either, for similar reasons most tanks don't wear the PA they have.

Helen Angilley
13-08-03, 23:52
The words of a ex-mod o_O...

No, the words of someone who watches as someone else blatantly (Or just stupidly) ignores the point in order to get a flame in.

;)

You can't compare armour on resists and bonuses alone. Thought it'd be obvious I was saying that.

SilentGravity
13-08-03, 23:55
No, the words of someone who watches as someone else blatantly (Or just stupidly) ignores the point in order to get a flame in.

;)

You can't compare armour on resists and bonuses alone. Thought it'd be obvious I was saying that.

That made little to no sense...

Also on your "theory".... Resists and armor stats are useless info and the whole resist system is %100 random and is only for looks, so PA's > everything else.

Now tell me.... is your "theory" correct or are you just saying random things...

Promethius
13-08-03, 23:57

;)

Whoosh.

Helen Angilley
13-08-03, 23:58
That made little to no sense...

Also on your "theory".... Resists and armor stats are useless info and the whole resist system is %100 random and is only for looks, so PA's > everything else.

Now tell me.... is your "theory" correct or are you just saying random things...

Seems someone still isn't getting it.

There's a lot of difference between resists (X-Ray, Fire...etc) and protection (Piercing, Force).

You _cannot_ say "OMG THIS PA SUX1!!" when you're only comparing the bonuses, to whatever combat skill really, or a select resist.

Oh...by the way, Lupus did extensive testing on the resists subject. He has full proof they work. ;)

kthxbye

SilentGravity
14-08-03, 00:01

There's a lot of difference between resists (X-Ray, Fire...etc) and protection (Piercing, Force).

You _cannot_ say "OMG THIS PA SUX1!!" when you're only comparing the bonuses, to whatever combat skill really, or a select resist.

Oh...by the way, Lupus did extensive testing on the resists subject. He has full proof they work. ;)

kthxbye

Did you even read the site I posted? if you read it (http://neocron.ems.ru/resist.html), it will show very high details of how resists/armor works and how armor resists are different from con resists...

Also it seems your flaming yourself, because you are the one that said resists do not work, I think you need to re-read your other posts :rolleyes:

Oh...by the way, I think your running away. ;)

Promethius
14-08-03, 00:02

kthxbye

Of course resists work...ever wonder why some tanks taek 200 DMg froma CS burst. (highest i ever saw was 300 dmg) Tho thers a Point where resists no longer have any effect (capp). Ya find teh capp tehn u move on the the other resists

I kno too much about resists for my own good.:o

Also everything neocron.ems says isn't fully true. While testing i found some of its faults.

Helen Angilley
14-08-03, 00:03
Did you even read the site I posted? if you read it (http://neocron.ems.ru/resist.html) it will show very high details of how resists/armor works and how armor resists are different from con resists...

Oh...by the way, I think your running away. ;)

Did you even read my posts? ;)

This has nothing to do with how resists work, this is to do with the biased approach that's being used to compare armour.

And running away? From you? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Prom:
Simple, they're not set up to handle the damage mod on that CS.

SilentGravity
14-08-03, 00:10
Did you even read my posts? ;)

This has nothing to do with how resists work, this is to do with the biased approach that's being used to compare armour.

And running away? From you? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Prom:
Simple, they're not set up to handle the damage mod on that CS.

Well if you would care to explain how you compare your armor we would all be glad to hear it, because from all I can tell from your posts your just flaming :rolleyes:

Not sure from me, the thread or the forum... From something...

You seem to be just flaming every thread you see with no form of constructive thought. You also seem to be as quoting your sig "just someone who's run out of ammunition", as remarks like "OMG THIS PA SUX1!!" which generalize's everyone who disagree's with you as a '12 year old CS kiddie'.

Helen Angilley
14-08-03, 00:13
Well if you would care to explain how you compare your armor we would all be glad to hear it, because from all I can tell from your posts your just flaming :rolleyes:

Not sure from me, the thread or the forum... From something...

You seem to be just flaming every thread you see with no form of constructive thought. You also seem to be as quoting your sig "just someone who's run out of ammunition", as remarks like "OMG THIS PA SUX1!!" which generalize's everyone who disagree's with you as a '12 year old CS kiddie'.

So what about those who flame in response to my flames and troll in response to pretty much any comment I make? o_O

Simple how I compare my armour...I compare every aspect (Weight, protection, price, maintenance costs...etc) and not just two select things so I can go on a "this sux11!" rampage. ;)

Oh, funny you should mention I flame "every Thread" because almost every post I've made, no matter the content, has also flamed into submission....a little something that people seem reluctant to accept. :)

SilentGravity
14-08-03, 00:20
So what about those who flame in response to my flames and troll in response to pretty much any comment I make? o_O

Simple how I compare my armour...I compare every aspect (Weight, protection, price, maintenance costs...etc) and not just two select things so I can go on a "this sux11!" rampage. ;)

Oh, funny you should mention I flame "every Thread" because almost every post I've made, no matter the content, has also flamed into submission....a little something that people seem reluctant to accept. :)

Its because im bored and I find this entertaining :p :angel:

Very early in the game money no longer becomes a big issue, once you find a clan/you can kill launchers/anything bigger then a aggie you pretty much have a very good amount of steady cash...

Weight is only a issue if your a Spy/PSI really, Though unless the spy is going melee you would have enough left over from Resist Force to get a good bit of transport...

So protection is really the only issue for most...

Well when you flame people they tend to flame back, but I dont like to call it "flaming back" I like to call it the "counter-flame" or the "anti-flame", plus you are a easy target and alot of people dont like you for one reason or another which is probably the biggest issue...

Kazuko
14-08-03, 00:25

If it wasn't so easy to piss people off, and they would exert a little self control, then there would no need for it.

But as long as people insist on taking even a little "hello" as trolling...well, I have every right to continue.

I can't be blamed for anyone's in-ability to handle a Troll....besides, I find it hilarious how a lot of people already notorious for flaming and trolling have joined the little "we hate Helen" crusade. :lol:

I don't see how you can complain about people flaming you when you in the quote above say that you troll/flame etc. All of the posts I've seen from you have been very confrontational and the result is never a positive one. You must enjoy it or you would try to change the way you post, so stop using the fact that people get mad at you as a defense :p

HellHound
14-08-03, 00:28
Originally posted by Kazuko
You must enjoy it or you would try to change the way you post

*hands out a cookie*
:D

Helen Angilley
14-08-03, 00:36
I don't see how you can complain about people flaming you when you in the quote above say that you troll/flame etc. All of the posts I've seen from you have been very confrontational and the result is never a positive one. You must enjoy it or you would try to change the way you post, so stop using the fact that people get mad at you as a defense :p

Well, duh. Of course I enjoy it. :rolleyes:

I'm not complaining about being flamed, I'm complaining about those who get all defensive and screech "HELEN IS A TROLLER111" when they do the very same thing while _in the same breath_ denying all knowledge of doing it themselves.

SilentGravity
14-08-03, 00:41

I'm not complaining about being flamed, I'm complaining about those who get all defensive and screech "HELEN IS A TROLLER111" when they do the very same thing while _in the same breath_ denying all knowledge of doing it themselves.

*ahem* "screech" offtopic!

Anyways, if you are implying I called you a troller/troller.... I didn't, I told you to stop flaming, I never called you a flamer...

I was infact telling you to stay ontopic and contribute to the post instead of just flaming mindlessly by saying

Helen Angilley
14-08-03, 00:43
*ahem* "screech" offtopic!

Anyways, if you are implying I called you a troller/troller.... I didn't, I told you to stop flaming, I never called you a flamer...

I was infact telling you to stay ontopic and contribute to the post instead of just flaming mindlessly by saying

Erm, I answered your question love....or are you incapable of reading my posts now? o_O

Kazuko
14-08-03, 00:43

Well the diffrence is that they are responding to you. They feel threatened by the way you post and by your even self-admited flamer/troller status, and so they get defensive at you and argue. I won't bother to tell you to change how you post because it wouldn't do anything... but maybe the admins should consiter installing a vB mod that prevents people that are in the thread starters ignore list from posting replies in that persons post.
It would solve alot of problems.

Originally posted by Overgrow on vBulletin.org (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37085&highlight=ignore+post)

This hack should help lessen your moderation load by allowing users to somewhat moderate their own threads. When someone hits newreply to make a post, it checks the original thread poster's ignore list. If the person is on the ignore list, they cannot post in the thread.

Open newreply.php, find:

$bbuserinfo['userid']==$threadinfo['postuserid'])) {
show_nopermission();
}

Under that add:

// HACK: REPLY IGNORE
if ($bbuserinfo['userid']>0 and $bbuserinfo['usergroupid']!=6 and
$bbuserinfo['usergroupid']!=5 and $bbuserinfo['usergroupid']!=45 and $threadinfo['postuserid']>0) {
$firstposter=$DB_site->query_first("SELECT username,ignorelist
FROM user WHERE userid='$threadinfo[postuserid]'");
$ignorelist = explode(' ', $firstposter['ignorelist']);
while ( list($key, $val)=each($ignorelist) ) {
$ignore[$val] = 1;
}
if ($ignore[$bbuserinfo[userid]]) {
eval("standarderror(\"".gettemplate("error_ignoredreply")."\");");
}
}
// END: REPLY IGNORE

Create a new template called "error_ignoredreply":

The original poster of this topic, $firstposter[username], has you on their ignore list. You are unable to reply to the threads they start.

Done!

Helen Angilley
14-08-03, 00:45
Well the diffrence is that they are responding to you. They feel threatened by the way you post and by your even self-admited flamer/troller status, and so they get defensive at you and argue. I won't bother to tell you to change how you post because it wouldn't do anything... but maybe the admins should consiter installing a vB mod that prevents people that are in the thread starters ignore list from posting replies in that persons post.
It would solve alot of problems.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37085&highlight=ignore+post

There's no difference.

If you flame someone then it's the same throughout all the board, hell...some of the most offensive, flamiest crap has been "in defense".

HellHound
14-08-03, 00:46
/me counts how many posts since someone discussed the tank PA.
s******************s as Helen does it again.
heads off to get some sleep grinning.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Kazuko
14-08-03, 00:48
There's no difference.

If you flame someone then it's the same throughout all the board, hell...some of the most offensive, flamiest crap has been "in defense".

No, theres a diffrence, because if you weren't agressive in your posts they wouldn't flame back.

Thats the last I'll say on that though, since I've already gone so far off topic...

Helen Angilley
14-08-03, 00:49
No, theres a diffrence, because if you weren't agressive in your posts they wouldn't flame back.

Thats the last I'll say on that though, since I've already gone so far off topic...

Still doesn't change a thing.

Not my fault that people are unable to control themselves nor take any of the blame for things getting out of proportion.

SilentGravity
14-08-03, 00:50
There's no difference.

Well to quote yourself... you are "reluctant to accept" that you are *ahem* wrong. Now I shall also be off to sleep, I hope you figure out your place on these forums.

Dribble Joy
14-08-03, 01:04
Still doesn't change a thing.

Not my fault that people are unable to control themselves nor take any of the blame for things getting out of proportion.

:lol:

*laughs incontrollably

Ahem.
To tread starter, (if he is still here)

ALL PAs are being revised and 're-released' so sit tight.

Nidhogg
14-08-03, 01:10
Stay on topic please.

N

Mankind
14-08-03, 01:53
Nah, Tank PA is fine. You get a big heavy armored suit, in exchange you are slow as hell with your weapon on.

FBI
14-08-03, 03:09
Tanks are slow as hell with the weapon on PA or no PA.

Scikar
14-08-03, 03:39
Just a small point, have the front, back and top of the hitbox been checked? I know there were pictures before of the tank face on with the crosshair to the left of their waist, but has anyone checked the same at just above the head, and with the tank side on? That might be where the difference is.

Scikar
14-08-03, 03:42
Originally posted by Mankind
Nah, Tank PA is fine. You get a big heavy armored suit, in exchange you are slow as hell with your weapon on.

That's the point, it's not heavily armored. It provides marginally more energy protection than duranium armor, the only part where it's actually good armor is piercing. But the only time you face piercing attacks is from a PE or sniper rifle. And one of those means a sniper, which means you need all the speed you can get to catch the him. Against a Lib user you need speed and mobility to negate the PE's advantage.