PDA

View Full Version : When is the PSI-PA going to be fixed?

JustIn_Case
13-08-03, 15:04
As KK already has mentioned, the PSI-PA is bugged.
The armour protection (Energy, Fire and X-Ray) are
added as resists instead of armour protection.

Because of that some monks are running around with
to much energy resist (resist flips) and im one of them.

I havent LoM:ed away any Energy resist yet since i thought
there would be an emergency patch the day after the release
of the PSI-PA. Hm, maybe it is time to LoM now....

Or are they waiting to finnish the SPY-PA before the fix the
PSI-PA? The PSI-PA effects is going to be adjusted as well, not
just the buggfix, hope they add more APU on the PSI-PA 3 since
atm it will only gimp you as you have to remove an Attackchip to use it.

ericdraven
13-08-03, 15:06
There is no flip point.

If you remove your attack chip 3 of course you will lose APU. But why would you do this?
If you remove att2 you get +3 APU with the PA3, att1 -> +8 APU.

HellHound
13-08-03, 15:06
Originally posted by JustIn_Case
Or are they waiting to finnish the SPY-PA before the fix the
PSI-PA?

*stealths in and out of the thread laughing at the monks*

:angel:

JustIn_Case
13-08-03, 15:15
Well, mayby not a "flip" but a level where more points doesnt do you any good, and can be spent better on other skills.

PSI-PA 2 gives you +10 in APU right?, and can be used with Attack 1,2,3 + Core = +35+10 = +45 in APU

PSI-PA 3 gives you +13? (said so in the PA thread) and cant be used with attack 1,2,3 since it needs PSI 115.
So with Attack 2,3,Mem 3 + Core you get +30+13=+43. Drugs needed even.

Im not calculating with the use of a DS since not everyone has one. So with a DS instead of Mem3 you gain 3 more in APU, but need to drug, without drugs (Attack 3+mem3+DS+Core) you will loose even more in APU.

A Spine, yes please :)

SynC_187
13-08-03, 15:18
As I've always understood it, flips take place because of a combination of natural resists AND armour resists e.g. your total.

If this is right then changing from natural to armour won't make any difference.

JustIn_Case
13-08-03, 15:20
Not all true since natural resist is more effective then armour resist.

CarniFlex
13-08-03, 15:20
never ever ever ever use a psi mem3 unless you really have to.

the exp psi controller 3 gives ppw and psi +++++

JustIn_Case
13-08-03, 15:22
Well i prefer mem 3 instead of Exp 3.

The PA already gimps your pierce resist and with a Exp 3 it gets even worse....So i rather loose the ppw and psu points. Even better, i use Attack 1,2,3+core with PA 2 instead.....

Mumblyfish
13-08-03, 15:25
Exp3 also hideously gimps your already LOW resist force. People who try to set up their APUs to survive for longer (rather than deal more damage) must shudder when they are forced to insert it.

Edit: Justin beat me to it. Next time, why don't I just choke on a cock instead?

extract
13-08-03, 15:43
Justin youve got me quite confused here.....you state that youre char has hit the energy flip point with PSI PA...first off holy spirit armor if all is used gives 172 energy resist by itself....why on earth would you even have any natural resist to energy as a monk boggles me....now you must have natural energy resist if you say with PA you have hit youre "flip-point"(which I also to beleive is a lie on youre part...come on you can tell us the truth...)

where do I get this idea? well allow me to explain....

crahn holy spirit vest is +39 energy
PSI PA 2 is +25
PSI PA 3 is +30

so basically youre saying that without PA you were fine, even tho I just blatenly proved that regular psi armor gives MORE energy resist....but now that the PA gives con resists instead of armor resists youve hit youre flip point? that is a total lie and a badly misused excuse to get something fixed....but also you go on to say a few posts later that con resists are better than armor resists...actually wait Im not confused....you are =P

Im not saying I dont want it fixed....cause I do...and heres why....Con resists only become better than armor resists when theyre above 100...and as a monk youll be lucky to have above 30-40 so I feel it would be better to just have them as armor resists not con resists

JustIn_Case
13-08-03, 15:53
Sorry that i got you confused extract.

Well i added some natural energy resist to compensate the 14 armour points i loose for using PA-2 instead of full Holy Spirit.

If there is no difference in armor vs con resists when resists are
below 100, then i agree that it is no difference if they fix it or not, but no one seems
to know for sure. neocron.ems.ru says one thing, some mods/GMs says
another and some hardcore testers has even a third theory.

Is it correct that the PSI-PA 3 adds 13 in APU? Then without a DS
i wont bennefit from a PA-3, right?

Progenitor
13-08-03, 15:53
@extract

Spirit armor adds armor resists

Currently the PAs add con resists which are a different beast all together.

Apples and oranges my friend.

-p

ericdraven
13-08-03, 15:55
Is it correct that the PSI-PA 3 adds 13 in APU? Then without a DS
i wont bennefit from a PA-3, right?

PA3 adds +13, yes.
And i was only comparing a setup with and without PA3, not PA2 to PA3, sorry. ;)

extract
13-08-03, 16:10
Originally posted by Progenitor
@extract

Spirit armor adds armor resists

Currently the PAs add con resists which are a different beast all together.

Apples and oranges my friend.

-p

please quote the part in my reply where I didnt mention that :rolleyes:

XenivouS
13-08-03, 19:41
ok now im confused a bit here. So is psi PA3 worth it? Also atm I have an exp psi controller 3, attack 2 and 3 and a psi core. Would I be better off with a mem 3 instead of a exp psi cont 3?

ericdraven
13-08-03, 20:01
Originally posted by XenivouS
ok now im confused a bit here. So is psi PA3 worth it? Also atm I have an exp psi controller 3, attack 2 and 3 and a psi core. Would I be better off with a mem 3 instead of a exp psi cont 3?

Your decision.
With the exp contr. you gain 15 PPW and 15 PSU but lose 20 FOR and 5 STR.

Arcadius
13-08-03, 20:05
Using psi mem 3 is stupid and pointless, you're better off using attack chip 2 or xp controller 3 for pa3. THe problem is pa3+xp controller 3 simply makes you wayyy too weak vs piercing. It's rediculous how fast you die.

Promethius
13-08-03, 21:10
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
Exp3 also hideously gimps your already LOW resist force. People who try to set up their APUs to survive for longer (rather than deal more damage) must shudder when they are forced to insert it.

Edit: Justin beat me to it. Next time, why don't I just choke on a cock instead?

um if u set ur str up right -20 to force is unnoticable really.

Clothing_Option
14-08-03, 00:13
Does PSI resist do anything? I know what its supposed to do but does it really work at all.
I have about 36 pts in it is that too little or too much.

Scikar
14-08-03, 00:23
Justin, there are no flip points. There is a point where the more you add the less you get back, but it applies to both natural resists and armor so it makes no difference. Also whoever said holy spirit gives 172 energy resist, monks are wearing PA now and the holy spirit belt is only useful to ppu monks. It's much more intelligent to wear say a fire belt, because that frees up more points for xray, since you don't have to hit the point where you spend 2 points for each resist point.

SilentGravity
14-08-03, 00:45
Originally posted by Clothing_Option
Does PSI resist do anything? I know what its supposed to do but does it really work at all.
I have about 36 pts in it is that too little or too much.

PSI Resist does nothing right now, "PSI Damage" is not used by anything, even the PSI Attack spells use Force damage. But I have heard people saying that the damage from Damage Boost is PSI Damage, but no one knows for sure, its just a guess...

Its not worth anything, just LOM it and put it into something useful.

Scikar
14-08-03, 03:43
I think the damage caused by parashock is psi damage. But that's next to nothing anyway, and it doesn't resist the shock effect.

Arcadius
14-08-03, 04:20
Originally posted by Promethius
um if u set ur str up right -20 to force is unnoticable really.

This coming from a ppu.

JustIn_Case
14-08-03, 09:14
Originally posted by Scikar
... It's much more intelligent to wear say a fire belt, because that frees up more points for xray, since you don't have to hit the point where you spend 2 points for each resist point.

Well if you need x-ray that is....On Saturn, our enemy is one huge Monk army using HL only....

/Edit, so maybe a Poison Belt, but you dont need that much poison resist anymore.

SilentGravity
14-08-03, 11:51
Originally posted by Scikar
I think the damage caused by parashock is psi damage. But that's next to nothing anyway, and it doesn't resist the shock effect.

I always thought that was Energy...

Scikar
14-08-03, 14:06
Well if you need x-ray that is....On Saturn, our enemy is one huge Monk army using HL only....

/Edit, so maybe a Poison Belt, but you dont need that much poison resist anymore.

Nah we were just all monks that time round by chance. My tank has red SL atm so I have to go to op wars as my apu, I'm not sure why Rizzy was on his monk rather than tank but maybe he just prefers it. Pub King was running ppu, Stigmata's tank got screwed and he seems to have stuck with his monk ever since. But we're not always all monks. :p