PDA

View Full Version : WTF system going down in 10 min.....*crash*

neophotographer
13-08-03, 12:14
wtf was that? it said system on pluto going down in ten minutes. said it twice more within not even a 2 minute period. I think. it's ok I'll log out in just a moment.....all of a sudden *crash* "Connection to nethost lost" tried logging back in.,..BIG SURPRISE it's down....if they're going to knock it down in 2 seconds at least tell us instead of saying "server going down in TEN MINUTES"

Sorry....had to vent the anger somewhere and not being able to close donw properly and wondering if my char will be screwed up......*sigh*

Stacey

Promethius
13-08-03, 12:15
hey shit happens. the announcer proly tripped ova the cord which shut off the pwoer =P

Ren
13-08-03, 12:16
bah - whatever... they rebooted the server most likley because PEOPLE COMPLAIN... then when they do it PEOPLE COMPLAIN... is there no way KK can win?

guywithnoears
13-08-03, 12:17
they're rebooting the servers...we should be happy

Berzerker
13-08-03, 12:30
Like this is any worse, than crashing and synch every five minutes becouse the server is fucked. At least you got a two second warning this time, before you were looking at your desktop:D Just be glad they are rebooting the dam thing.

neophotographer
13-08-03, 12:30
Originally posted by Ren
bah - whatever... they rebooted the server most likley because PEOPLE COMPLAIN... then when they do it PEOPLE COMPLAIN... is there no way KK can win?

ok get this straight. I'm not complaining because they rebooted the server. I am happy they rebooted the server. it needed rebooting. I am complaining because they gave a warning time and then 2 seconds later rebooted the server.............(more like 2 minutes, but still not the amount of time they said)

Stacey

SilentGravity
13-08-03, 12:32
Its called Lying and Trust... I want to TRUST KK to not LIE to me...

I like that they restart the server, they said "10 minutes" so I TRUST KK to not LIE and reboot the server in "10 minutes" but they did not reboot the server in "10 minutes" they LIED to me
and broke my TRUST

Ren
13-08-03, 12:33
they cant give a full a full warning as its been stated MANY times... its abusive

i need say no more.

neophotographer
13-08-03, 12:36
Originally posted by SilentGravity
Its called Lying and Trust... I want to TRUST KK to not LIE to me...

I like that they restart the server, they said "10 minutes" so I TRUST KK to not LIE and reboot the server in "10 minutes" but they did not reboot the server in "10 minutes" they LIED to me
and broke my TRUST

my point exactly!!!!!!!!!

Promethius
13-08-03, 12:43
theyb have good intentions tho. they are rebooting so teh servers run smoother which means betetr game play.

neophotographer
13-08-03, 12:51
Originally posted by Promethius
theyb have good intentions tho. they are rebooting so teh servers run smoother which means betetr game play.

Yes you are correct about that Promethius....but if like 10 people's characters need to be rerolled because something got messed up in the changeover......then it wasn't better gameplay for those people.

Stacey

MayhemMike
13-08-03, 13:00
Stacey , What time did this happen ? i must have been sleeping ^_^ . Hope no ones char was screwed (except for rizzys)

neophotographer
13-08-03, 13:20
Originally posted by MayhemMike
Stacey , What time did this happen ? i must have been sleeping ^_^ . Hope no ones char was screwed (except for rizzys)

oh...about 50 min to an hour ago...right when this thread was started almost

Stacey

SnowCrash
13-08-03, 14:17
This was a regular announced Server Reboot Downtime.

I said "...please log out now. ETA 10 mins" Which simply means that the Server is back in 10 mins. Not log out in 10 mins.... ;)

[TgR]KILLER
13-08-03, 14:20
Yea was just trying to level my 10/12 monk on uranus when i just got tha message.. i loged out ASAP.. don't wanna lose my monkey.. its the only char i got next to killer lol :) to wash of some boredom now and then..

neophotographer
13-08-03, 14:23
Originally posted by SnowCrash
This was a regular announced Server Reboot Downtime.

I said "...please log out now. ETA 10 mins" Which simply means that the Server is back in 10 mins. Not log out in 10 mins.... ;)

Thank you very much for the clarification Snow. I retract my anger and I apologize. The way it sounds is that the server will reboot in 10 minutes from now, make sure you log out then. thank you very very very very much for the clarification and since th point of this thread is no longer here you're welcome to close it if you want or let it drift into oblivion. thank you once more for the clarification. :)

Stacey

SnowCrash
13-08-03, 14:37
... closed on request by threadstarter ...