PDA

View Full Version : 3 out of 4 times I log....

SilentGravity
13-08-03, 12:13
I get some sort of bug.. I am not kidding, I expect to get a bug when I log.

Ethier its Perma-synch, its a FRE, my quick belt is missing, my money/SL is 0, my SL is zero and I have acouple billion credits, my gogo is empty, my armor is missing, my implants are missing, everything is fine but my safe slot is empty and iv even logged into OTHER PEOPLE... its sorta strange when one minute your a PSI Monk in Tech Haven the next your a PE with a UZI running through the wastelands...

I have been around for quite awhile so I can deal with this (I hope >_< ), but any noob who gets these types of errors are OUT OF HERE. you wonder why there was acouple thousand downloads but about 20 new people?

Ren
13-08-03, 12:32
you sir.... are lagging.

Shockwave
13-08-03, 12:33
Oddly enough, same here. It invariably takes me 2-5 attempts to log in successfully. My first attempt is usually met with a "default" screen (IE 50 HLT, 80 STA, 0 PSI, 0 SL, 0 cr etc), and "Synchronising" across the middle of hte screen. Relog, and the "Login Lottery" begins...

Oh, and trying to get me and my flatmate onto the same server at the same time (We have seperate accounts, but both connect through one WinXP box we have set up as a firewall) is nothing short of a nightmare.

Shock.

SilentGravity
13-08-03, 12:36
Originally posted by Ren
you sir.... are lagging.

Hard to belive when im on a Cable Connection....

if you care about my specs

A7N8X DX Motherboard
GeForce4 Ti4200 128MB
512 DDR PC 2700
AMD Athlon XP 2400+

Just to give you a feel on my connection...

on http://bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/ I got 1.2 megabits per second NOTE: That is on the "for high speed ex: T1, DSL, cable" test...

Promethius
13-08-03, 12:47
Originally posted by SilentGravity
I get some sort of bug.. I am not kidding, I expect to get a bug when I log.

Ethier its Perma-synch, its a FRE, my quick belt is missing, my money/SL is 0, my SL is zero and I have acouple billion credits, my gogo is empty, my armor is missing, my implants are missing, everything is fine but my safe slot is empty and iv even logged into OTHER PEOPLE... its sorta strange when one minute your a PSI Monk in Tech Haven the next your a PE with a UZI running through the wastelands...

I have been around for quite awhile so I can deal with this (I hope >_< ), but any noob who gets these types of errors are OUT OF HERE. you wonder why there was acouple thousand downloads but about 20 new people?

since the server side death patch i've had the exact problem. That patch is causing an instablility somewhere fuckin up our log in's its liek there royaly screwin us =P they kick out us and won't let us get back in....great message to send to a newb =P.

kurai
13-08-03, 13:50
Similar problem here, since last patch.

Every 3rd login or so I get a perma sync screen (i.e. spawn in loaction, but with no skill info, items, unale to move, sync banner etc) or I manage to log in, but with that attributes of a 0/2 n00b and no items etc.

Lag not an issue - rock solid 2Mb DSL line, with consistent sub 65ms ping.

CarniFlex
13-08-03, 16:28
you forgot the "got no right click" bug when logging on.

ReefSmoker
13-08-03, 16:32
Originally posted by Shockwave
Oddly enough, same here. It invariably takes me 2-5 attempts to log in successfully. My first attempt is usually met with a "default" screen (IE 50 HLT, 80 STA, 0 PSI, 0 SL, 0 cr etc), and "Synchronising" across the middle of hte screen. Relog, and the "Login Lottery" begins...

Oh, and trying to get me and my flatmate onto the same server at the same time (We have seperate accounts, but both connect through one WinXP box we have set up as a firewall) is nothing short of a nightmare.

Shock.

That's because you obviously have not read the 'Connection Issues' page on the Neocron website, which clearly demonstrates how to have 2 clients connect from behind a single gateway / router. It's a piece of piss, I've only got two computers here but thanks to the localport setting I can have half a dozen accounts all logged in at once if necessary. Now all I need to do is get half a dozen accounts.

ReefSmoker

Shockwave
13-08-03, 16:39
Originally posted by ReefSmoker
That's because you obviously have not read the 'Connection Issues' page on the Neocron website, which clearly demonstrates how to have 2 clients connect from behind a single gateway / router. It's a piece of piss, I've only got two computers here but thanks to the localport setting I can have half a dozen accounts all logged in at once if necessary. Now all I need to do is get half a dozen accounts.

ReefSmoker

As a matter of fact, I have. First place I checked, actually. And it made no difference whatsoever. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Shock.

ReefSmoker
13-08-03, 17:17
Lol dude you obviously didn't follow instructions. It works perfectly. Lemme guess, you tried to set localport to the same value on BOTH computers ? ROFL. Try unique values on each client. If it doesn't work then your network setup is screwed and you should have someone who knows what they're doing set up your next one.

Now if you'd kindly tell me exactly what you did I'll stop taking the piss and tell you where you ballsed up so that you can enjoy having two clients running from behind the same IP address at once. If you'd be ever so kind to pass me the sugar cubes from the tray and elaborate upon your network configuration, we can enjoy a nice cup of tea together and get to the bottom of this.

SilentGravity
13-08-03, 17:54
Originally posted by ReefSmoker
Lol dude you obviously didn't follow instructions. It works perfectly. Lemme guess, you tried to set localport to the same value on BOTH computers ? ROFL. Try unique values on each client. If it doesn't work then your network setup is screwed and you should have someone who knows what they're doing set up your next one.

Now if you'd kindly tell me exactly what you did I'll stop taking the piss and tell you where you ballsed up so that you can enjoy having two clients running from behind the same IP address at once. If you'd be ever so kind to pass me the sugar cubes from the tray and elaborate upon your network configuration, we can enjoy a nice cup of tea together and get to the bottom of this.

He has the same problems as me, and as the other guy and I am NOT playing two computers off a router, im not even on a router.

If he is having the same problems as us then I would assume nothing different then it is not US but KK.