PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still get that feeling?

Promethius
13-08-03, 11:28
Does anyone ever get that feeling they sue to when they first started playing NC. I just recently realised i no longer get that. Like that excited heart pumping feeling when you did your first PK or rode ur first hover tech. or that narrow escape from a dragon fly.

I remember my first PK it was some poor dude jsut chillin. I ran up and shot liek a mad man at him. After i barely suceeded killing him my hands were shakin like a shaved poodle in the winter.

I was jsut curious if anyone still gets that feeling which made us love this game so much?

mdares
13-08-03, 11:30
i know wut u mean.

i only get thrills like that when my unbuffed apu runs into a bunch of enemies and attack them and then attemp to leave alive :D

other than that its yawn.

Original monk
13-08-03, 11:32
yeah i loved the shakin part, now its all shakeless :/ 2 bad

Promethius
13-08-03, 11:43
ya the ONLY times i ever get that feeling when an odd situation arrises and its difficult and the odds are ur gunna be in p1 lookin for pokes =P. But i REALLY miss that feeling. Now its emotionless somethin happens...adn tahts it its done. But as a newb is like shakin sweaty screamin lol. I miss all that excitement.one thing i saw in the beginning of retail was in OZ station i think it was an event of warbots inside OZ station. There musta been 30 peopel packed in there attackin about 5 warbots.

I wish they had super mobs wher eu had to take about 30 -40 people to bring em down. everytime u killed them u got 5 techies. or some wild shit. (nothing like a cramped up lil room with 6 of em....points at MC5).

maybe somethin totaly fucked up like a Bioenhanced War sentry. and its huge too. I can see some wild creatures ina post apocalyptic world. Something more ingenius thena rip off of another mob we already have like doom reapers /chasers ....cmon they ARE the same.

CarniFlex
13-08-03, 11:57
forced cooperation to hunt big big mobs but not necessarily in mc5... YES YES !!!

Still getting all that adrenaline pumpin at op fights when we actually have a chance of winning... but when youre outnumberd 1:4 its just ... genrep out :D and whine bout it in clan chat

Promethius
13-08-03, 11:59
lmao i don't even get it at OP fights. Tho i suppose its a good thing...without the shakin ya kno lol. Now i kinda jsut get focused...and bored.

jernau
13-08-03, 12:08
I do still get "that feeling sometimes". For me it's usually sounds that trigger it. Try turning the in-game music back on if (like most people) you turned it off ages ago. That always makes me think of my first days in NC.

FBI
13-08-03, 12:09
Originally posted by Promethius
lmao i don't even get it at OP fights. Tho i suppose its a good thing...without the shakin ya kno lol. Now i kinda jsut get focused...and bored.

Maybe because things are becomming too easy for you? cough

I've been playing for a while now, still having fun.

Promethius
13-08-03, 12:17
Originally posted by FBI

Well i go to OP fights as my tank.

heres a cough drop btw.

FBI
13-08-03, 12:19
Well i go to OP fights as my tank.

heres a cough drop btw.

Thanks, i think a cold is comming on to me. Cherry cough drops,
my favorite. :cool:

Promethius
13-08-03, 12:21
lmao.

But anywho anyone else think there should be 'super' mobs for capped chars. something a whole clan can do together. a Mob with an insane techy drop rate. get the economy boosting.

deac
13-08-03, 12:25
just go camp mc5....

Cubico
13-08-03, 12:26
Hi,

attacking tanks with my drones gave me an enourmous adrenaline thrust, much more than OP fights.

After this I sometimes had to log to calm down.

Velvet
13-08-03, 12:27
Originally posted by FBI

Yes.
The first tour outside NC!!!
The first tour to kill the mighty LAuncher-Cyclops!
My first Warbot...

And still having fun.

P.S.
I miss the noobs:(
Nobody buys a low-tech weapon anymore

Promethius
13-08-03, 12:30
lmao cubico i kno exactly wat u mean. when i first started my PvP i would honestly ahve to stop palyin for about 10 min until i stopped shakin from the adrenilen.

camp mc5...i spent like a month there straight when it was first available. That place is disgusting to even think of.

Tho i am thinkin of makin a spy..devise a nasty CON setup. I think i shall name him Promethius2 =P.

Nully
13-08-03, 12:32
i still get that feeling and i love it :-D and hell yeh super MOBs mmmm imagine it .

your walking around preparing to leave NC right at the OZ station and 5 guys zone in a start healing and you think to your self must be their faction enemys out side lol then you walk out...

out side is a GIANT GIANT like 4 times the size of a WB with like 8 legs and cannons on all the sides and its huge and has arms and theres like 50 people attacking it and its blowing them away then more people come and u decided to help ...

3 dudes die right beside you and u keep firing knowing it may be in vain but you must do something to help so u keep firing like made then all the sudden you realize mini superMOBs have spawnd and are also chewing up the other runners and u get hit so u run inside to heal..

inside is another 50 runners all rdy to fight then they all go out and attack it and the others after maybe an hour of attacking you and the others finanly win the battle then the hackers and everyone shars the loot and everyone gets atleast 2 rares :)

then the GM comes out and laughs and says wow u guys did amazing then he says there is another 1 coming in about 30 seconds and you better get rdy then he laughs real hard then disapears

i love my imagination

alig
13-08-03, 12:35
lol.....only time i get an adrenline boost now is when im using my apu monk with no ppu, its so damn scary, using my tank is like a walk in the park.:( still remember the 1st person i killed tho, damn i was shaking like mad:o

/edit.....About them mob's...one thing kk should do is make them randomly attack people, not whoever is doing most damage....:)

Promethius
13-08-03, 12:38
honest to god there should be an event war of the city. Every city faction is called in to defend the great city against the rogue bots which are being steered by the thought to be gathered mass's of mutants. Upon wave after wave of teh final attack of these mutants try to reclaim a part of them whihc has been lost. They start creepin through the gates were they are met by flyin rockets and plasma fusion cannons bursting combined with lightning bolts and rays of fire bursting all over these super mutants. ALong with the small few of a glistenin mist as the stealthers rush up to do there part whippin out there Pain easers tearin through the flesh. And teh pistolers runnin cricles around them. Then the mutant does a frantic roar slamms teh ground causing a mini earth quake which causes everyone to be stunned and take loads of dmg. adn the battle rages...with wave after wave.

GT_Rince
13-08-03, 13:32
Before I joined Gang, I never used to get involved in many fights - don't ask why, there just weren't that many... well, maybe there were, but because of lack of / sucky PPU's I gave up - lol

But I used to get that hand shaking, heart-pounding feeling - this was probably why I used to suck - lol

Now I enjoy the battles all the more because I am able to concentrate on the fights and improve my effectiveness :)

Now, I don't think a night goes by where there isn't a fight - and I team with who I can only describe as the best PPU I have known :) Buffs are there when I need them, even without having to ask - his sheilds go down, so do mine - seconds later, mine are back up again - bliss :D

MayhemMike
13-08-03, 13:52
I get it sometimes. :D at op wars when your a apu , you still take like lots of dmg with the new 50% rule. So i guess you have to be good to play apu . Prom . I think this idea would be cool. We need something to kill man . And like , DOY guards arent fun =\. SO KK , GIve us soemthing uber :D. and prom i just noticed your sig.... so true...so very true... GIMMIEH SOME MILK!

Promethius
13-08-03, 19:55
*hands Mike a glass of milk*

The thing was back then it didn't matter about OP wars or whining about nerfs or anything. You jsut nejoyed the gaem for wat it was. I remember when i used to level in Ind-a labs. I would hunt the butchee and aggys in that storage.Get enough imps until i oculdn't walk adn sell em at the shop. Every now and then a 2 star tank Named 'Cursed Love' (i thought he was badass cuz he was teh first tank i saw with PA 2 and a CS). I would hear the people screamin and i would run adn try to hide. of course he saw me in local adn got me to talk so he would see my letters and then he ganked me =P. Cool thing was i vowed after bein PKed liek 10 times that i would one day become strong enough to take him. (Of course by the time i was strong enough he had quit NC )

Just everytime that guy showed up my heart would race and I would get running. I also went to INd-A not too long ago and it was deserted. No one running about liek usual and no one in the storage. Where are the hand shakin newbys?

BlackPrince
13-08-03, 20:01
*sniff*

I remember when The Gang used to fight in MB against EON, Corpse Raping Canucks, and others using Unlabled PC's and GC's. Staring at Ying with an unlabeled pumpgun was certainly an odd feeling.

Now, it's cold blooded stalking and prep work.

Nexxy
13-08-03, 20:08
I WANT MY SHAKES BACK, KK STOLE MY SHAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

I remember back in 14k when me a rade killed like 20 people in PP just the tow of us and in STORM when me rade and kazper killed like 30 red triad knight thingie people at an OP i was shaking like mad. Family thought i was like having a fit. Havent had feelings like that for ages =/

KRIMINAL99
14-08-03, 02:50
As I have said many times before, IMO that feeling which EVERYONE loves is directly tied to having something to lose or gain in fights.

Now its just time sinks... get killed... come back.. get belt...

Mankind
14-08-03, 03:01
I can honestly say when I play neocron today...

my armpits no longer sweat
my ass doesn't feel like it has to drop 2 tons of feces
my breath doesnt get heavy
and my heart doesnt pump fast

:p

Scikar
14-08-03, 03:04
I got that feeling the other day in Pepper which surprised me. It was me and a ppu (we had others but we'd just taken something off a kicking) vs 2 tanks, a couple of ppus and a couple of apus. A little bit of help from the ppu and I wasted the lot of them. Also I had a good duel with a friend in TG which lasted for ages, got a rush off that too. But yeah I kinda miss it. Also remember the feeling of awe you used to get just running around the city? They way you think omg this is amazing, I really felt hooked into the atmosphere. Now I feel somewhat detached, I dunno why. :(

EDIT: Just remembered, the best 2 times I got the rush were when I first saw Starkes in local in MB and started running, then I saw helmut as well and nearly crapped myself. Then I heard his uzi firing and it was as though it was some huge bigass cannon, deafening me. Then I died. :p But the best rush came from killing my first ANG. I was out hunting with a rifle PE, pistol spy and myself. At the time I was a melee/hc hybrid tank but I didn't use a plasma or gat, I had a regular fusion cannon and a paw of tiger. The PE had a fusion rifle. The spy got owned straight away by the ANG's fusion, then he came in with his CS and somehow we beat him. :eek: But I got the biggest rush I've ever had from NC.

Cass
14-08-03, 03:16
I got that feeling yesterday when I was helpin a lowby clannie tag some GR's.

We had gotten a crapload of GR's and found ourself up near Escador. He turns to me and says "I don't care if I die, do you?". I thought for about 1/2 a second and said "Nope". We proceeded to see how long we could barrel through the middle of all the sentry bots in my 4x4 chaincraft and stay alive. We made about 3 successful passes until I found a pit with about a dozen of them in it. Well I went to barrel through and smacked into a wormtunnel entrance I didn't see. Instant stop, instant death.:D

http://www.nc-os.com/images/misc/shot0266.jpg

whifix
14-08-03, 03:33
lmao cubico i kno exactly wat u mean. when i first started my PvP i would honestly ahve to stop palyin for about 10 min until i stopped shakin from the adrenilen.

camp mc5...i spent like a month there straight when it was first available. That place is disgusting to even think of.

Tho i am thinkin of makin a spy..devise a nasty CON setup. I think i shall name him Promethius2 =P.

Sounds like you are in need of DoY

SorkZmok
14-08-03, 03:46
I remember my first PK it was some poor dude jsut chillin. I ran up and shot liek a mad man at him. After i barely suceeded killing him my hands were shakin like a shaved poodle in the winter.

I still get that in every damn fight or duell....hearts racing like mad, hands shakin, all that shit...evertime.

And i fight a lot o_O

REMUS
14-08-03, 04:16
i think its just familiarity, once you experiance somthing i guess your body leanrs how to cope with the stress if you repeat the experiance, i remember my fight couple of pvp fights, i got an adreninline rush so big my heart felt like it was pumping in my head, i also remember the first time i had that type of experiance whcih was when i first got pk'ed i totally froze up and didnt know what to do! i got frozen and twated in aggy cellar by a roveing bunch of crackheads back in nov/dec

Promethius
14-08-03, 07:32
Originally posted by SorkZmok
I still get that in every damn fight or duell....hearts racing like mad, hands shakin, all that shit...evertime.

And i fight a lot o_O

HOLD ONTO IT....TIGHT NEVER LOOSEN THAT GRIP for one day u may be sorry!!

Budfan8
14-08-03, 08:25
I still get it....but only when fighting people. Mobs bore me now, and Im not even capped yet. All I wana do is fight.....never much fighting when im on during weekdays....guess I need to stir more shit up :angel:

Q`alooaith
14-08-03, 08:39
I never shook during or after my first PK..

Or my second, or my third.. all in quick sucsession..

I didn't shake when I sold ammo to HATE outside MB..

I only feel a slight buzz when I'm fighting with my APU and I'm nearly dead, and I mange to get my last shot off and pull another medikit.. hoping that I've got em down..

The only thing I deeply miss, are the people I leveled with, and hung about with early on.. Most are gone, changed factions, or want to rip my head off my shoulders... all good..
But I miss them all the same..

Arcadius
14-08-03, 08:40
I get that feeling now when I PK, especially when I PK hunting parties of multiple people. I feel like my the blood is rushing to my head, lmao.

Foma
14-08-03, 14:41
*dreams of the past* :)
I remember the first day, when I left the pp-apartment (sure AFTER I studied it well :D ).
I remember the first person I met and how I was too shy to say something to him.
I remember the first rats which bite me near deadly.
I remember how I lost always my way in that BIG city NC.
I remember my first event organized by players; it was a "paper-chase" and my proud of making the second place.
I remember how friends and me discover the industrial and its storages.....and they became my favourite place.........."hugh, the hurler is realy big" :D
I remember my tank-lady who was envious of that PE who always looted the mob :rolleyes: ........na, it changed later.
I remember the sound "bling" and my childish happiness on every "level up".
I remember when I saw TG the first time........I loved it.
I remember when LOM-Pils came in the game.......yeah, great.......now I hate them.
I remember the first OP-fight. I was really exited......and death after a second :D
I remember all the people I met and friends I got.
I remember how different the first chars were skilled. Now all are the same.

And now?
I miss a lot of the old days.
But for me the game is still exiting. Maybe the reason is that my chars are not "Über" or my kind of play them is not über.
So I keep my feeling......I survival and die, become exited when I see an enemy, become happy when I survive and put my teeth in the table when I die :D
I wish more deviation at the mobs and longer fights at OP´s. I wish more differences.
Poor people who have to say: it became bored

Xian
14-08-03, 14:48
I get the 'shakes' or whatever if I have a long PvP fight, one where I'm not sure if I will win or not. It's one hell of a rush, but thats about the only time I get it.

I remember being up at the MB and there was someone screaming over local about how Starkes was coming, I leapt out the side window to my inevitable death. :( When I first won a PvP fight too, I remember my heart racing because of it.. that's gone now as well.

Foma
14-08-03, 15:16
Originally posted by Xian
I remember being up at the MB and there was someone screaming over local about how Starkes was coming, I leapt out the side window to my inevitable death.

And I remember when the death was inevitable I put panicly all my weapons & co. in the inventory, cause you lost something of the quickbelt (and there was no safeslot) :D "who is faster?"

Xian
14-08-03, 15:27
Originally posted by Foma
And I remember when the death was inevitable I put panicly all my weapons & co. in the inventory, cause you lost something of the quickbelt (and there was no safeslot) :D "who is faster?"

LOL.. yeah everyone would be stood eerily still sometimes when they knew a PKer was about, as they knew death was coming and were stuffing everything into their inventories. :D

Spoon
14-08-03, 16:41
heh, I still get that "feeling" now and then...
Like when I was on one of my lowbie spy's and an emeny Pistol PE attacked me, and my spy actually handed him his ass with a HEW Liquid Fire..
I get it duels, although I don't PvP too much, because of my POS PC that gets about 2-3 fps in a firefight...
Oh, and just last week I got a "little" rush when I looted a 3 slot MoonStriker(Ultima modded, all 120% stats) out of a QuickBelt....:cool:

Xin
14-08-03, 18:58
Didn't read all the replies but..

no.

The feeling I got when I first played was the "What the fuck does 'Synchronizing' mean, and why can't I move?"

After a relogged, I got the "Is this all their is? where's my apartment?" feeling.

After I got outta MC5.. well, you get the picture. But I know what you're saying. You've simply gotten battle hardened. The same thing happened to me after playing quake for months on end. The big difference there, of course, is that you can't 'win' Neocron, and there's not enough RP to keep it interesting.

Thankfully, I haven't got that feeling yet, but I'm sure it'll happen one day. Right now I still shit myself when a titan spawns on top of me or when an enemy faction runs up to me when I don't expect it. And if they run up shooting....

Promethius
14-08-03, 19:42
There is ONLY one thing that still gives me that feeling. Its when i play my PPU. I fulyl buff and head outa the underground (at an OP fight). I get attacked by 6 or so people (who just hitting me with random dribble) and i ressurect a clan mate and head back down. (i only get this small feeling of it because i ahve been a ppu for about a week....I'm sure it will be gone soon enough).

But i wonder....if i make a pure combat spy....if just maybe i'll get thsi feeling again.

Ka0s^
14-08-03, 20:07
KK i really thinku should yake note of this post, ive been saying similar stuff as Prom in some of my posts.

People are getting none of the fulfillment out of neocron at the moment (at least not as they used too) i think theres some good ideas in here ie a supermob that forces runners to fight together and go WOW when it finally hits the deck...i dont know how many have been into the worm tunnel that leads to the apparition but i still thinkthat is the BEST place ive hunted and killed a Ubermob, it took most of our clan and about an hour or 2, the final chamber in there is just amazing.

I really dont think that people will just leave neo, they always pop back to see whats happening, what im getting at is theres too much knowledge that what your killing isnt really going to drop anything REALLY uber :lol: and that most ppl know where evrything is, how to kill a chaser or a WBT, Get what im saying??

I think more GM run events in none safe zones and stuff that doesnt take 2 minutes to get at/get bored off is needed. I know DoY "is coming" but like everything else we have been told for months that its coming and tbh none of us are really any of the wiser when its coming. :) :lol: Comon KK listen to YOUR customers

GIVE US BACK OUR SHAKES

Clothing_Option
14-08-03, 20:18
lmao.

But anywho anyone else think there should be 'super' mobs for capped chars. something a whole clan can do together. a Mob with an insane techy drop rate. get the economy boosting.

Yes like LVL 150 !!!!