PDA

View Full Version : monkcron

kin
13-08-03, 10:24
seriously, the monks are like the "supreme" race in neocron. they have the best of defense and offense, are smart, and are usually fast. what the hell are pe's for anyway? they cant make things, and they are weak. spys suck at everything, but can make things. oh yea, there is no such thing as sniping. if you try to snipe, expect a parashit then some other monk shit spell that will kill you. expect to die from monks. look too, we dont have to wait for a recticle to close in either! we can just point and click, point click, dead. seriously, i believe monks shouldnt be nerfed. i think they should be removed. period. kk, you can think of another way of healing people besides fucking magic; i know you can (with that weird ass monkey fetish CEO in a nurse suit). replace monks with androids, which are a mix of pe's and tanks. also, balence out the weapons so each has its own str and weakness. the CS, for example, has no real weakness exept for being loud and cant aim that far. anyway, i dont feel like ranting right now, and will probably leave soon. no this aint a leaving thread bastard. this is a rant thread. PPU'S, FLAME, AND IGNORE YOUR POWER.

Original monk
13-08-03, 10:25
o_O

they allready removed hybrids from the game, now the rest of the monks ? no way

They should remove all the people with the most ugly sigs of the forum, this will include me, but 100% sure it wil remove you also :P

Promethius
13-08-03, 10:29
ok everytime i see a damn nerf thread this is wat i will be posting

This is wat to be said to all the people screamin nerf (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71795)

kin
13-08-03, 10:30
you know your parashit is overpowered. you just dont want it nerfed. admit it.

FBI
13-08-03, 10:33
Originally posted by Promethius
ok everytime i see a damn nerf thread this is wat i will be posting

This is wat to be said to all the people screamin nerf (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71795)

Is it me or are there alot of nerf threads? Maybe it's because
something is actually wrong and needs to be done.

Get out of denial and live with it, this class is constantly being
changed, tweaked, nerfed, smashed, boosted. It's why we
will never see DoY as well.

Archeus
13-08-03, 10:35
Today is whineday. Actually we didn't have a nerf thread in days so I guess everyone is making up for it.

JustIn_Case
13-08-03, 10:35
Kin, are you on drugs?

Show me THE monk that has both the best offence and defence in Neocron.

Why didnt KK give APUs and PPUs different class names so we could stop this crap nonsense, you are talking about the strength of 2 different classes at the same time, PPU and APU.....

A sniper kan kill an APU monk easy, and an APU monk cant parashock....

Spies suck at everything? Strange that the leader of New Dawn prefer his SPY in combat.......

Tried Stealth?

Well, the aiming rect might seem unfair, but then remove that stupid slow manapool and give monks 30 clip ammo that reloads in 1-2 seconds....

hinch
13-08-03, 10:36
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ] just cos your tank is shit and gets owned all the time doesnt mean you need to remove them your pissed off at your own short comings.

the game most of us wanted to play has already been removevd now you wanna remove what remains of our beloved class? get a life or go play planetside if you want everyone to be the same

Promethius
13-08-03, 10:40
kin you and FBI are both biased. Notice how FBI follows me to every thread screamin nerf the monks to me.

for oen thing Kin in ur profiel u say i hate monks if thats not biased i don't kno wat is.

Just because paralysis is better than ur freezer cannon doesn't mean its way overpowered. Hell i didn't see u guys saying anything about paralysis 6 months ago. its been this strong for ages. why choose NOW to say anything? maybe because you go from oen thign to the next.

P4mp3rk3
13-08-03, 10:43
Originally posted by kin
you know your parashit is overpowered. you just dont want it nerfed. admit it.

snif, and I don't even have a parashit
I think monks are fine as they are now, no? :confused:
APU can deal very good damage but can go down pretty fast without a PPU
PPU is nearly impossible to kill, but can hardly kill anything

But spies don't suck man, they're good at what they do. (I know I'll die in 2 hits of whatever, but I enjoy playing him....and that's the only reason why I play...for fun)
If you don't like them, play a tank... or a monk :D

Promethius
13-08-03, 10:45
Originally posted by P4mp3rk3
snif, and I don't even have a parashit
I think monks are fine as they are now, no? :confused:
APU can deal very good damage but can go down pretty fast without a PPU
PPU is nearly impossible to kill, but can hardly kill anything

But spies don't suck man, they're good at what they do. (I know I'll die in 2 hits of whatever, but I enjoy playing him....and that's the only reason why I play...for fun)
If you don't like them, play a tank... or a monk :D

finaly someone with a brain.

FBI
13-08-03, 10:47
kin you and FBI are both biased. Notice how FBI follows me to every thread screamin nerf the monks to me.

[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

Just because paralysis is better than ur freezer cannon doesn't mean its way overpowered. Hell i didn't see u guys saying anything about paralysis 6 months ago. its been this strong for ages. why choose NOW to say anything? maybe because you go from oen thign to the next.

I'm in the mood to let all this steam out once and for all. But
anyway, you can't even admit something is wrong with your
class. if you were a real player, you would be asking yourself
what would be the best way to nerf it with minimal crippledness.

Paralysis needs to be doubled or trippled in mana cost so it cant
be used to kill people basically and because you don't need to
paralyse a player every second, maybe once or twice. This spell
is being abused too much, it's crazy.

hinch
13-08-03, 10:50
but in an op war with 30 people running towards you?

yeah lets cast it once then splat too late

NO MORE MONK NERFS

not a single fucking one i dont care what it is not a single one.

monks are the single most disadvantaged class in the game hell we arent even capable of using a full set of base bones.

GT_Rince
13-08-03, 10:52
Originally posted by FBI
Is it me or are there alot of nerf threads? Maybe it's because
something is actually wrong and needs to be done.

I don't think (most of the time) that anything needs to be done. Those that cry nerf are often the ones that get frustrated because they can't kill a certain class.

The PPU, for example, has supremely strong defences, but cast a Holy Anti Buff and there is no way on earth any PPU will get all sheilds up before they are dead. And if they do, just cast Anti Buff again :)

The tools are there to deal with the PPU, but you have to be high lvl to use them - Holy Anti Buff = 110 PSI, and with it being a rare item, not many are around. :)

Edit------

For once, I feel that Monks are now pretty well balanced. Maybe a slight reduction in the Holy ParaStick effect, but I think that is it. Hybrids are now no-longer a viable PvP class (even though a few still exist). The APU is as strong as hell, and can bring a Tank down in 5 blasts from a Fire Apoc, as I discovered at a battle last night :)

No more nerfs now - just a little bit of tweaking is all that is needed :)

JustIn_Case
13-08-03, 10:59
The only thing i can agree with Kin, that is your title, Monkcron...

There are many monks now, especially on multichar servers. Many peps created monks when they were owerpowered, now they are not.

Mayby some small adjustments are needed, but in both directions.

Implants are a mess now when PSI-Use and PPW arent what they used to be.

Manapool is crap, even for pures.

P4mp3rk3
13-08-03, 11:02
Originally posted by GT_Rince
For once, I feel that Monks are now pretty well balanced. Maybe a slight reduction in the Holy ParaStick effect, but I think that is it. Hybrids are now no-longer a viable PvP class (even though a few still exist). The APU is as strong as hell.
No more nerfs now - just a little bit of tweaking is all that is needed :)

He's right. I agree with what the wise man above said

JustIn_Case
13-08-03, 11:10
Kin, tell me this.....

How can Spies suck and APU Monks be owerpowered when...

1. It takes a APU monk 2-3 shots with a FA to kill a Spy.
1. It takes a APU monk 2-3 shots with a HL to kill a Spy.
2. It takes a Sniper (SPY) with SH 2-3 shots to kill an APU Monk.
3. It takes a KK Droner (SPY) 1-2 shots to kill an APU Monk.
4. It takes a PN Droner (SPY) 2-3 shots to kill an APU Monk.
5. The SPY can heal, the APU Monk cant.
6. The SPY can Cloak, the APU Monk cant.

Now, how is a APU overpowered compared to a SPY...
I agree pistol Spies need some more loving.

What are you playing Kin, and Melee SPY ????

/Edit. Maybe if drones was removed from the playerlist, it would be easier with sneak attacks with KK drones.

hinch
13-08-03, 11:14
Originally posted by JustIn_Case
What are you playing Kin, and Melee SPY ????

take one real guess and you`ll know why he`s crying nerf monks again :rolleyes:
i`ll give you a clue
http://www.littlebigtoys.com/images/imgssunnysmile/tank.gif

Promethius
13-08-03, 11:15
lmao i think people should make borked cahrs for the hell of it. Rifle / melee tank. Pure agility / melee spy. I'm talkin 160 agility =P. tank constructer. Monk rifler. I do have to admit my tank use to be borked. I was a rifle / HC / melee tank.good stuff.

JustIn_Case
13-08-03, 11:15
That i cant understand Hinch...

Hasnt he ever used a SpeedGun or shot with a Moonstriker at an APUs feet????

hinch
13-08-03, 11:20

ericdraven
13-08-03, 11:21
That i cant understand Hinch...

Hasnt he ever used a SpeedGun or shot with a Moonstriker at an APUs feet????

Probably he is still leveling and around STR 40 and gets killed 10 times a day by APUs.. :lol:

/EDIT: Put the LE back in. :p

Elric
13-08-03, 11:28

I been bitching about freezers and the fact theyre totally overpowered and destroy any aspect of skill involved in PvP since the start of frickin retail, i gave up on it months ago.

P4mp3rk3
13-08-03, 11:30
Originally posted by ericdraven
Put the LE back in. :p

lol!! touché my man :D

Promethius
13-08-03, 11:33
Originally posted by Elric
I been bitching about freezers and the fact theyre totally overpowered and destroy any aspect of skill involved in PvP since the start of frickin retail, i gave up on it months ago.

its true that it destroys the skill factor in fights. Its not too hard to hit a non moving target. But if freezers are fully taken away then people will complain about run speeds. because everyone will jsut be bootin around servers. All i kno is that it would piss me off in an OP fight to beat up the enemy and they run away and get away because we can't stop them.

But if they just boosted teh drugs the para wouldn't even be a problem. Like a antishock that lasts 5-10 secs upon which u CANNOT be reshocked. Then to stop people from chain eating these drugs is make it so u get a side effect after the 2nd or 3rd one taken right after another.

Original monk
13-08-03, 11:34
Originally posted by Archeus
Today is whineday

:p today is indeed officially declared whineday :p

Elric
13-08-03, 11:41
its true that it destroys the skill factor in fights. Its not too hard to hit a non moving target. But if freezers are fully taken away then people will complain about run speeds. because everyone will jsut be bootin around servers. All i kno is that it would piss me off in an OP fight to beat up the enemy and they run away and get away because we can't stop them.

But if they just boosted teh drugs the para wouldn't even be a problem. Like a antishock that lasts 5-10 secs upon which u CANNOT be reshocked. Then to stop people from chain eating these drugs is make it so u get a side effect after the 2nd or 3rd one taken right after another.

Run speed is something else i was going on about for ages from the start of retail. Also gave up on that months ago.

Ive suggested in other threads the ways to sort out the freezers problem by tweaking the spell or how the drugs work also for a good while now. Also given up on it.

wtf is the point, unless 1million people whine about the same damn thing, nothing gets done, so fuck it. I just dont play much anymore instead. logged in, oooh, twice (once to start, second when crashed during same session) in the last week and for about an hour or 2 tops. Tried to get an epic mission done, failed miserably, talked to Kurai a bit, logged off and went back to playing IGI2 and DoD.

Promethius
13-08-03, 11:46
speekin of epics...honestly they are half arse missions from teh citycom rolled into one long borin shit. Wat i was expecting was to go out kill amazing creatures bring back these weird body parts they drop find new people actually fight an NPC or 2 that don't stand in one palce and shoot u doin 10 dmg =\.

evs
13-08-03, 11:50
i do think monk's should have a shrinking reticle for spells though ..... but hey - just my opinion

Elric
13-08-03, 11:50
speekin of epics...honestly they are half arse missions from teh citycom rolled into one long borin shit. Wat i was expecting was to go out kill amazing creatures bring back these weird body parts they drop find new people actually fight an NPC or 2 that don't stand in one palce and shoot u doin 10 dmg =\.

your obviously a tank then :rolleyes:

It aint quite that easy for a Spy you know... How often have you tried to PK anyone of a higher or equal rank as a spy?

wanna know something, its nearly impossible.

And, those NPC's hurt too.

Looking at the Epics, theyre a bit focused on Tanks Psi's and to a lesser extent, PE's. For a Spy ALL of the epics are a very difficult challenge where a Tank or Monk can almost walk through them with ease.

Promethius
13-08-03, 11:52
well tahts true. Spys have a really high rank and that means ur within the limits of a capped tank or apu. guess ur only way out is payin up. =\. Spys get shafted again.

Elric
13-08-03, 11:54
well tahts true. Spys have a really high rank and that means ur within the limits of a capped tank or apu. guess ur only way out is payin up. =\. Spys get shafted again.

and shafted again, and again, and again, and again....

please dont get me started :mad:

Promethius
13-08-03, 11:57
Originally posted by Elric
and shafted again, and again, and again, and again....

please dont get me started :mad:

breath elric breath. Should form a clan with like 50 spys all with SH's and particle nemesis.

pwnage!!

hinch
13-08-03, 12:06
i got 6 spys 2 tanks 2 pe`s and 1 ppu monk so far in my new uranus clan :)

its going ot be interesting

as for epics dont get me started how the fuck am i supposed to get to ancient loba village for biotech epic when theres 1001 jonnys in the way i managed to avoid them for 4 zones but as soon as i synced into loba village zone blam full of the fuckers my pe in his fire armour hit hte floor faster than a hooker on the job

Shockwave
13-08-03, 12:09
breath elric breath. Should form a clan with like 50 spys all with SH's and particle nemesis.

pwnage!!

Funnily enough I've been thinking about that myself. I have an amusing mental image of a buffed PPU Monk poking his head out in an OP war and going down like a sack of spuds as 12 SH rounds hit him simultaneously. :D

Shock.

Elric
13-08-03, 12:13
Originally posted by hinch
as for epics dont get me started how the fuck am i supposed to get to ancient loba village for biotech epic when theres 1001 jonnys in the way i managed to avoid them for 4 zones but as soon as i synced into loba village zone blam full of the fuckers my pe in his fire armour hit hte floor faster than a hooker on the job

Hehe, tahts the first epic i did, I got lucky, the Loba Zone was devoid of Bots, just mutants around the temple thingy. And the PK was ok on that one cos i managed to find a lone TS spy to zap. The frickin PP one Im doing now is a nightmare, cant find any lone TG runners, the fuckers always run in packs i tell ye!!

hinch
13-08-03, 12:19
i did pp first was quite easy :)
this one though is just taking the piss tbh there is no way for a hostile runner to get into the zone

Nully
13-08-03, 12:37
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ] why does everyone have to whine about something damn if YOU think the monks are SOOO powerful Why dont YOU MAKE ONE? seriously let KK make the game as the orignaly desined it (sorry for spellin) they made the game not YOU or anyone else all you whiners out there who yap about blah blah blah to powerfull nerf them delete them or i quite BS damn its so freaking annoying seriously

once again sorry to those i piss off but damnit they made they game they thought of how to desighn it not you let them make it how they want even if they wanted no fairness and made monks the most powerful thing out there

you could always make your own monk ya know

ericdraven
13-08-03, 12:38
i did pp first was quite easy :)
this one though is just taking the piss tbh there is no way for a hostile runner to get into the zone

I made this epic as pure APU so it shouldn't be a problem for a PE as well. :p

Nully
13-08-03, 12:39
oops double posted

hinch
13-08-03, 12:42
I made this epic as pure APU so it shouldn't be a problem for a PE as well. :p

well it wouldnt be if i could actually work out a way round the god damn bots problem is their number appears to have trippled the zone is crawling with them and i mean crawling you cannot sync in at any point and not be stood in front of at least 2 of them

Rade
13-08-03, 12:44
with a hovertech, stealth and good xray resist its no biggie...

ericdraven
13-08-03, 12:45
well it wouldnt be if i could actually work out a way round the god damn bots problem is their number appears to have trippled the zone is crawling with them and i mean crawling you cannot sync in at any point and not be stood in front of at least 2 of them

Uhm, well, maybe i had luck.
The zone where the village is was hard, yes.. i got hit once (a second one would probably kill me o_O ) but managed to get thru.. somehow..

hinch
13-08-03, 12:46
no driving everyting in pc
no stealth everything in pc/agl
no xray i have fire armour on and a filter heart in for caving and fire mob hunting at cycrow.

i havent bought any non-fire armour yet due to me not having money from the faction change

Uhm, well, maybe i had luck.
The zone where the village is was hard, yes.. i got hit once (a second one would probably kill me o_O ) but managed to get thru.. somehow..
i synced in and took 6 hits straight away tried to heal and rezone but due to over lap i was miles away from zone point (well miles when you can hardly move) next think i know im back in my appt re imping my self

Promethius
13-08-03, 12:50
IF u want to see crawling bots u shoudl check J_11 thers constantly atleast 20 in this oen spot. now that htey don't attack TG's i can safely check them out before (when i was hybrid) i ran up casted a holy firestorm at them all adn ran i took a screenie adn it was badass. but I'm stu.stupid and don't kno hwo to get pics running int he forums yet.

Rade
13-08-03, 12:51
no driving everyting in pc
no stealth everything in pc/agl
no xray i have fire armour on and a filter heart in for caving and fire mob hunting at cycrow.

Well, maybe, just maybe, the "epic" missions arent supposed to be done by gimps? imo they were all too easy.

hinch
13-08-03, 12:52
Adding Images

To include a picture or graphic within the body of your message, you can simply surround the address of the image as shown here:

http://forum.neocron.com/images/bbtitle.gif

Note that the http:// part of the image URL is required for the code.

You can even create a thumbnail-type hyperlink by surrounding your [img] code with a [url] code like this:

[img]http://forum.neocron.com/images/vb_bullet.gif (http://forum.neocron.com/images/bbtitle.gif)

This produces a link like this: .

hinch
13-08-03, 12:53
Originally posted by Rade
Well, maybe, just maybe, the "epic" missions arent supposed to be done by gimps? imo they were all too easy.

hehe that i like a gimp :)

pure pc fast as hell pe hmmz now lemmie think you drive and use a judge?

and you call me gimpped thats nice

Lucjan
13-08-03, 13:01
Everybody that knows the game and looks a little further beyond his own class should have notices, that monks for sure need some tweaking for a better balance. This doesn't only mean nerfs, but also boosts, it just depends on the area.

Parashocks are not used as defensive spells or "to have the ability to escape".

PPUs are most likely not killable by spy, PE or tank.

APUs have the power, but the complate lack of healing abilities besides medkits which works so damn slow needs a change.

Why the hell are monks the only class that don't need to aim? Give monks aiming like every other class has to get an even base and then lets see how things work out. Maybe parashocks wont be used like machine guns, maybe monks will not run around like crazy and will have to slow down for better aim.

ericdraven
13-08-03, 13:12
Originally posted by Lucjan
Why the hell are monks the only class that don't need to aim? Give monks aiming like every other class has to get an even base and then lets see how things work out. Maybe parashocks wont be used like machine guns, maybe monks will not run around like crazy and will have to slow down for better aim.

Yup, let monks aim.
To balance this change, give all other classes which use "normal weapons" something like "weapon boosters" which do not instantly refill your clip and drains down your RoF after 5 seconds to 30%. ;)

hinch
13-08-03, 13:14
Yup, let monks aim.
To balance this change, give all other classes which use "normal weapons" something like "weapon boosters" which do not instantly refill your clip and drains down your RoF after 5 seconds to 30%. ;)

norty sarcasm :)

Rade
13-08-03, 13:18
hehe that i like a gimp :)

pure pc fast as hell pe hmmz now lemmie think you drive and use a judge?

and you call me gimpped thats nice

You said you had no xray protection and no tools or tricks to help you accomplish anything. Sounds pretty ghetto to me. There are alot of solutions to your problem, you have just opted not to have the tools to solve it.

Lucjan
13-08-03, 13:20
Yup, let monks aim.

You mean like when I play my tank and try to use the Speedgun in PvP where I have to stop every 3-4 seconds anyway?
Like these 2 seconds to reload the clip it? Or maybe more like the 2 hits out of 4 my stupid CS lands on the target when I finally managed it to get a very good aim?

Actually youre right about one thing: stamina boosters should work like psi boosters to make things even.

LoneDawg
13-08-03, 13:26

hhmm maybe Monks don't ave to aim because...

Guns: You have to Acquire.. Target.. Work out all sorts of other stuff..

Monks: You look at something and think thats my target is all..

Maybe thats why?

ericdraven
13-08-03, 13:27
You mean like when I play my tank and try to use the Speedgun in PvP where I have to stop every 3-4 seconds anyway?
Like these 2 seconds to reload the clip it? Or maybe more like the 2 hits out of 4 my stupid CS lands on the target when I finally managed it to get a very good aim?

Actually youre right about one thing: stamina boosters should work like psi boosters to make things even.

I didn't play my tank for a long time.
The clip of the CS has.. 24 shots?
RoF caps at 227?
So it takes 2 seconds to reload.. to shoot the whole clip it needs 6.3 seconds. Means you have a practical RoF of 173. That's 76% of the theoretical RoF.
A monk has 100% of it's RoF for maybe 5 seconds, afterwards 30%.

;)

/EDIT: And some things which people tend to forget - spells DO FIZZLE sometimes.. or often.. depends how quick your target moves..

hinch
13-08-03, 13:28
You said you had no xray protection and no tools or tricks to help you accomplish anything. Sounds pretty ghetto to me. There are alot of solutions to your problem, you have just opted not to have the tools to solve it.

i have some xray just not alot unlike you i am not capped hense im setup for lvling still

i do not have driving ability for obvious reasons that would gimp my pc only tricks i can possiably have is swap my heart for a str 1 (its all i have) and munch an xray resists potion i dont have the money to mass lom or buy new armour

Lucjan
13-08-03, 13:42
Originally posted by LoneDawg
hhmm maybe Monks don't ave to aim because...

Guns: You have to Acquire.. Target.. Work out all sorts of other stuff..

Monks: You look at something and think thats my target is all..

Maybe thats why?

I mean like _concentrating_ on your target?

JustIn_Case
13-08-03, 13:43

1-2 seconds to reload a gun, alot longer to reload a manapool.
RoF for Monks is really gimped compared to a Tanks.
2 out of 4 hits with a CS = not full DMG, is just the same as the random for APU spells...

So if monks get a Targeting Rect, then the Manapool concept needs to be removed to make things equal like you want.

garyu69
13-08-03, 13:53
Monks always kick my PE's ass :(

I'm a wee bit weak!

LoneDawg
13-08-03, 14:04
I mean like _concentrating_ on your target?

I have "100 Int" sposedly.. why should i have to think about it.. a thought is all it takes.. "him over there spam HL" .. i like dots to much .. :)

MjukisDjur
13-08-03, 14:44

nightwind
13-08-03, 15:12
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - trolling ]

Lucjan
13-08-03, 15:15
Originally posted by kin
no this aint a leaving thread bastard. this is a rant thread.

Which one of those did ya miss?

;-)

Carinth
13-08-03, 17:35
Sigh, I can't believe people still think Monks don't hafta aim. I'll bet you believe we don't hafta reload either.... My ability to cast a spell on a person depends on several factors. First I need to hover my cursor over enough of their body to have a targeting box come up. I must then keep my cursor on them for several seconds enough for me to click. If I was standing on a bad location like on a hill, I will fizzle. If the target is smart and has strafed to the side, I will fizzle. As a ppu if I'm moving at all I will most likely fizzle. I seriously wish aiming was as easy as people seem to believe. If you have any doubts please do this. Create a noob apu monk, proceede to the sewers and try to shoot the bees. Not that hard? Level up some and then go to pepper park sewers, try to shoot dragonflies or flying black roaches. Small targeting box + moves fast in random directions = fizzle. Now you'll have some idea of what its like for a monk in pvp. If you want the ppu equivalant have two tanks in pa fight each other while you try to heal only one of them. Instead of fizzling you'll be healing yourself quite often.

ghandisfury
13-08-03, 18:09
Monks are not overpowered. Aiming with a monk is worse that with aiming with a capped lib. The only advantage monks have in the aiming aspect is line-of-sight. Imagine if you took you over 1/4 of you amo to miss.....THEN it takes 5 times longer to reload.

The biggest problem right now is the fact that it takes a monk to counter a monk. I'm not quite sure what to do about that without making the monk class totally useless. Monks aren't overpowered...there are just a few spell (imo) that need some serious review.

Rade
13-08-03, 18:28
Originally posted by Carinth
Sigh, I can't believe people still think Monks don't hafta aim. I'll bet you believe we don't hafta reload either.... My ability to cast a spell on a person depends on several factors. First I need to hover my cursor over enough of their body to have a targeting box come up. I must then keep my cursor on them for several seconds enough for me to click. If I was standing on a bad location like on a hill, I will fizzle. If the target is smart and has strafed to the side, I will fizzle. As a ppu if I'm moving at all I will most likely fizzle. I seriously wish aiming was as easy as people seem to believe. If you have any doubts please do this. Create a noob apu monk, proceede to the sewers and try to shoot the bees. Not that hard? Level up some and then go to pepper park sewers, try to shoot dragonflies or flying black roaches. Small targeting box + moves fast in random directions = fizzle. Now you'll have some idea of what its like for a monk in pvp. If you want the ppu equivalant have two tanks in pa fight each other while you try to heal only one of them. Instead of fizzling you'll be healing yourself quite often.

Ehrm. I have a apu, aiming with spells is a load easier than with weapons. Virtually never miss unless theres someone crossing the line of fire or something similar.

Carinth
13-08-03, 18:39
Ehrm. I have a apu, aiming with spells is a load easier than with weapons. Virtually never miss unless theres someone crossing the line of fire or something similar.

Then either you have ungodly aiming or you havn't fought many fast targets. Maybe you do have above average aiming skills, that would make you a very potent apu. Most people don't, as a matter of fact I've never met a monk who never (or rarely) missed. Most monks fizzle quite often against a fast target, that is in fact one of the reasons why monks have parashock. We slow the target down so hitting them is easier and doesn't give us carpal tunnel syndrome.

Progenitor
13-08-03, 18:48

Carinth is right. Unless I am perfectly still, trying to hit a dragonfly is difficult. Doing it on the run is even more difficult.

But I imagine that everyone has some issues with the dragonflys.

But the same does go for the roaches and bees. The random movements makes it very difficult to lead a target and keep on them, long enough for certain spells to complete.

-p

Lucjan
13-08-03, 18:48
Originally posted by ghandisfury
Aiming with a monk is worse that with aiming with a capped lib. The only advantage monks have in the aiming aspect is line-of-sight. Imagine if you took you over 1/4 of you amo to miss.....THEN it takes 5 times longer to reload.

I dont get it. From my own monk experience as well as using Libs for quite a time now, I really can't agree on that statement. It still takes some time (way not as much as cannons for example but still) to aim, when you lose your target you have to re-aim in most cases and I somehow have the feeling getting all shots of a burst onto the target is pretty much impossible. Actually I would say the hit/miss ratio of a lib is extemly high.
My monk does not have these problems: point and cast. Both monks are pretty much high level and my fizzle rate is very low. What did I missed then?

The biggest problem right now is the fact that it takes a monk to counter a monk.
Good point. Maybe we look from a wrong point of view at the "monk problem".

ericdraven
13-08-03, 18:59
Like a libby rarely hits with a full burst the monks do not hit with full damage as well - since the last patch - codeword: random damage.

Rade
13-08-03, 19:00
Originally posted by Progenitor
Carinth is right. Unless I am perfectly still, trying to hit a dragonfly is difficult. Doing it on the run is even more difficult.

But I imagine that everyone has some issues with the dragonflys.

But the same does go for the roaches and bees. The random movements makes it very difficult to lead a target and keep on them, long enough for certain spells to complete.

-p

Of course those are harder to hit than bigger and slower targets however, weapons are even harder to hit with, since you need to keep the aim over the target. Spells are just point and click. Run/staggercasting is just a matter of knowing how much different spells allow you to move.

Archeus
13-08-03, 19:09
Spells are just point and click.

:lol:

Yes true, however if you don't have your target in sight when you hit the click you miss.

Simple as that.

With weapon you shoot and keep the target in sight for long period of time.

Rade
13-08-03, 19:12
Originally posted by Archeus
[BYes true, however if you don't have your target in sight when you hit the click you miss.[/B]

Yeah well, its not like you can shoot any of the non-ae weapons and hit the target even when you are not aiming at him so I dont see how its unfair, everyone has to aim, the spells doesnt have to keep aim on target for more than a fraction of a second however.

Carinth
13-08-03, 19:33
Yeah well, its not like you can shoot any of the non-ae weapons and hit the target even when you are not aiming at him so I dont see how its unfair, everyone has to aim, the spells doesnt have to keep aim on target for more than a fraction of a second however.

If you only target someone for a fraction of a second then you will fizzle. The box has a slight delay before coming up, once it does if you immediatly click your target will have most likely moved. Your typical monk actualy keeps their cursor on the target for enough time to ensure that when they click they won't miss.

Nowhere did I say it was unfair, monk aiming is different yet just as difficult as weapon aiming. Weapons have their associated negatives and difficulties, psi's have theirs. People who don't play monks primarily often have a tendancy to make broad generalizations like "monks don't aim" "monks don't reload" "monks don't have ammo", which are blatantly false.

Rade
13-08-03, 19:35
Sorry I dont agree. Monk aiming is different and _a shitload_ easier than weapon aiming. Oh and pistols should have insta-aiming like drones or spells kthxbye :P

Arcadius
13-08-03, 20:08
C'mon guys monk aiming is easier. No recticle=easier. What do you mean if your not on your target you fizzle? You mean miss? Uhh yea, that's what happens when you aim at someone with anything and don't hit them. lol

Arcadius
13-08-03, 20:10

So if monks get a Targeting Rect, then the Manapool concept needs to be removed to make things equal like you want.

I absolutely agree.

Promethius
13-08-03, 20:17
well if the aiming would kill alot of monks in some aspect. or atleast it would if the reticle is too slow. Well beina PPU myself tryin to heal people while there fighting will be impossible. Because you only get that split second before they dive into the crowd.

So all those who want the reticle dot' expect lotta heals and shetlers durin OP fights.

Also does this mean we will miss. Cuz if i used a CS full reticle closed at someone standing still some of the bullets miss. And since Psi spells aren't a wave of rounds that some can hti and miss....should we expect to miss a heal entirely even if someoen is standing still....if this is true they are going to HAVE to reduce the mana cost for teh spells cignificantly....imagin miss casting a holy catharsis sanctuma few times...

Arcadius
13-08-03, 20:19
I assumed that only aggressive spells would get recticle.

Promethius
13-08-03, 20:23
Originally posted by Arcadius
I assumed that only aggressive spells would get recticle.

well in that case i don't give a fuck cuz i am ppu =P.