PDA

View Full Version : Another NerF thread!

WebShock
13-08-03, 09:34
Nerf all the bitching!

With all the complaining going on, its amazing how many people get on here bitching when they get owned. It's real simple, mold yourself around the game. Dont ask the dev's to mold the game to you. Everytime i get used to things being a certain way there is a drastic change. Stop your complaining and learn to play the game! The purpose of the game is to provide a challenge. If you cant meet the challenge go to Plaza 1 and become a tradesman or a skillsmith. Construct or research. Stop asking to nerf this and nerf that

NERF YOUR INABILITY TO MEET THE CHALLENGE OF THE GAME.

Stop nerfing PPU's
Don't Nerf the CS or the holy lightning or the Holy Para.

Leave the game alone. It's fine. Thats why i keep playing it.

If you like using your nerf button, nerf the bugs, the constant crashes the synch probs. Work on that. Leave the gameplay alone. In the last 6 months there have been so many drastic changes that it's making my head spin.

Relentless
13-08-03, 09:47
Nerf teh magmower!!!111!1!!!11!!one!1!

Wait...wrong forum...

Mankind
13-08-03, 09:50
Well said.

I'm sick of logging on every day with people complaining because they were killed by someone higher. And because of the particular weapon they used, that's what they blame it on. It's not always the weapons, it's people's skills and devotion for the game that get them to be good at it. I can kill someone just as easily with a high slot TPC, I don't need a CS, but I prefer to use it because it is better.

The most annoying nerf I hear about is the Tangent Epic Gatlin Cannon. It's usually something about the distance or aim or power, and it's mostly by monks :p

Promethius
13-08-03, 09:54
Originally posted by WebShock
Nerf all the bitching!

With all the complaining going on, its amazing how many people get on here bitching when they get owned. It's real simple, mold yourself around the game. Dont ask the dev's to mold the game to you. Everytime i get used to things being a certain way there is a drastic change. Stop your complaining and learn to play the game! The purpose of the game is to provide a challenge. If you cant meet the challenge go to Plaza 1 and become a tradesman or a skillsmith. Construct or research. Stop asking to nerf this and nerf that

NERF YOUR INABILITY TO MEET THE CHALLENGE OF THE GAME.

Stop nerfing PPU's
Don't Nerf the CS or the holy lightning or the Holy Para.

Leave the game alone. It's fine. Thats why i keep playing it.

If you like using your nerf button, nerf the bugs, the constant crashes the synch probs. Work on that. Leave the gameplay alone. In the last 6 months there have been so many drastic changes that it's making my head spin.

OMG YES...YES. lol i swere every single thread i see witha nerf we should all jsut send the url to this thread. I mean EVERY nerf thread.

You have no idea how sick of the nerfin shit. Give em an inch and they take a mile.

Crest
13-08-03, 09:54
All chars can build resistance for a specific wepaon, or class of wepaons. Then its the mods that make a difference. Sometimes the mods the player uses is what you are buffed again, and sometimes its not.

its up to you to study your opponents and learn how to win.

Everyone who looses a battle will think the oponenets are stronger because they hold a'Special Weapon'. ost times they don't realise that its a 5 slotter , with 2 ammo mods, a capped char. And a lot of skill killing them

As for PPu's, they cant hurt you, yet you want them to be nerfed. My ppu can not kill anyone, even with a sould cluster, so why whould he be abale to be killed easily. I think thi is a bunch of crap.

FBI
13-08-03, 10:03
A wise person from Face Of Mankind said once:

"You know classes are balanced when all of them are asking
for nerfs."

This is true for all classes except.....guess.

Promethius
13-08-03, 10:11
[Edited Due To Violation of Forum Rules - Ulle]

Original monk
13-08-03, 10:18
Agreed: LESS nerfing, MORE boosting, NO bitching (ingame and on the forums)

:angel: would be heaven, but reality ?

FBI
13-08-03, 10:19
@@ (http://www.waaazup.com/p/uploads/@@@shot0020.jpg)

Promethius
13-08-03, 10:26
oo look he can shoot a PPU. I don't kno if u ever actually LOOKED at your own pic but your the only one shooting him....COUGH newb

FBI
13-08-03, 10:31
Originally posted by Promethius
oo look he can shoot a PPU. I don't kno if u ever actually LOOKED at your own pic but your the only one shooting him....COUGH newb

umm i don't understand what your saying, all i see is:

"i'm a monk in denial and have words come out of my ass
instead of my mouth."

Promethius
13-08-03, 10:34
Originally posted by FBI
umm i don't understand what your saying, all i see is:

"i'm a monk in denial and have words come out of my ass
instead of my mouth."

[Please don't insult other runners - Ulle] You come to a thread and post random pictures about monks. and then u ask 'i don't understand wat ur askin'.

Rade
13-08-03, 10:34
hahahahahhahahahaahhaoohhoohoooooooo hiihihihihihi para is shooting at a monk! n00000b! next time just sex him a few times then log off.

Rade
13-08-03, 10:35
promethius, you are just making the sitation worse for yourself. Everyone here knows para is a very good player and probably as far from a noob as you can get, youre just punching holes in your own credibility.

Promethius
13-08-03, 10:51
Originally posted by Rade
promethius, you are just making the sitation worse for yourself. Everyone here knows para is a very good player and probably as far from a noob as you can get, youre just punching holes in your own credibility.

lol hes def not the farthest you can get from a noob. He just thinks hes great because hes played a tank for a while. Many have. But due to him purely playing that one class anything that is bad for his class he disagrees with i kno because i was teh same way. I played a tank only for about 6 months until i decided as capped to stop Pkin noobs for a bit and make some alts....which is cheating btw. After experiences different aspects of various classes it changed teh way i have thought. I use to be jsut liek him. i use to wish PPU's were nerfed to shit and no freezers in the game. (tho i do ahve to admit the first week or so when freezers where nerfed it was fun as hell).

and for oen thing Rade you aren't one to be posting about credibility for about the last few psots I ahve seen from u a 4 yr old coulda done.

hinch
13-08-03, 10:56
Originally posted by FBI
This is true for all classes except.....guess.

tanks they are already teh uber

Rade
13-08-03, 10:58
and for oen thing Rade you aren't one to be posting about credibility for about the last few psots I ahve seen from u a 4 yr old coulda done.

Theres so many cheap points here that, well, im gonna leave it as an exercise to the readers and leave it at that. If all you want to do is spam, flame and troll and not even care about the actual discussions you have come to the right forums tho.

Archeus
13-08-03, 10:59
I shall be calling whiners "nerfmonkeys" from now on. :p

hinch
13-08-03, 11:00
Originally posted by Rade

ermn he`s shooting at a ppu with a CS excuse me?

there are other people shooting the monk but what spells does he have in return ? woot a parashock and you have 3 of your own monks in that picture

if your telling me one of them isnt carrying an antishelter (even a shop bought one) then you should all be ashamed of your incompetence

I also notice you have your holy shelter there and haz 3 kindly supplied by woo look that ppu monk of yours on the left.

so if your telling me all those people and your ppu monk canot touch that single soitary ppu monk then you guys really really SUCK ASS i suggest you go back to hunting and get some more rares to get you a real gun ffs

grow up already nerf the tanks and ressurect the hybird :)

Arcadius
13-08-03, 20:27
lmao threads like this are silly. All the "omg don't cry nerf, adapt" thread are silly. IMO people like that just come off as weak and to scared of change.

What about the overpowered hybrids of old? Before the patch that killed them? You wanted eveyrone to stay shut and just deal with it? No sometimes you have to complain, otherwise problems would never get fixed. Every person's bitch is valid to them. So if yuo have ever bitched in the past, then you're no different.

K THX

Promethius
13-08-03, 20:34
Originally posted by Arcadius
lmao threads like this are silly. All the "omg don't cry nerf, adapt" thread are silly. IMO people like that just come off as weak and to scared of change.

What about the overpowered hybrids of old? Before the patch that killed them? You wanted eveyrone to stay shut and just deal with it? No sometimes you have to complain, otherwise problems would never get fixed. Every person's bitch is valid to them. So if yuo have ever bitched in the past, then you're no different.

K THX

Well some things DO need change but it seems everytime one thing is cahnged (nerfed) they move onto anotherthing. They jsut attack the strongest class. Some people seem to think the game can be fully balanced where as it can't. There will be unfair points to any game but u learn to deal with them.

VVerevvolf
13-08-03, 21:26
FBI, what do you want to show us with that picture? It is an old one, long before patch 185. (btw, this was my apu monk char, now he is deleted, a rifle spy owns :D )

FBI
13-08-03, 21:34
Originally posted by hinch
ermn he`s shooting at a ppu with a CS excuse me?

so if your telling me all those people and your ppu monk canot touch that single soitary ppu monk then you guys really really SUCK ASS i suggest you go back to hunting and get some more rares to get you a real gun ffs

grow up already nerf the tanks and ressurect the hybird :)

Sorry, but I'm not risking to lose a rare just because your class
is over powered. I was using malediction to shoot the enemy
from above the hill, which worked very effictively. I don't have time
to go grab my speed gun in the mist of battle. Also, they also
had PE's and tanks which speed guns suck on.

We eventually killed all their monks, the point of the screenshot
is that, it shouldn't take that many players to kill a single monk.

Originally posted by VVerevvolf
FBI, what do you want to show us with that picture? It is an old one, long before patch 185. (btw, this was my apu monk char, now he is deleted, a rifle spy owns :D )

It's only a month old not even.

VVerevvolf
13-08-03, 22:19
It was BEFORE the shelter was nerfed when casted on other players. So no point to argue about now :)
[Btw, you were lucky I was only at psi base 90 at that time, otherwise I would have used a Holy Pest :D]

Nullifidian
13-08-03, 22:35
I say dont nerf monks. Don't nerf PPUs. However, monks should have seriously harsh restrictions otherwise. Not boring restrictions like slow levelling (although that's already the case). I'm talking about stuff like being unable to join certain factions, attacked on sight by certain factions, randomly attacked by bigot NPCs in Pepper Park and/or OZ, etc.

Roleplaying wise, monks are supposed to be extremely powerful. They are a higher form of evolution. However, they used this superiority to control Neocron's government for many years, and once overthrown have since been hated, reviled, and feared by everyone who isn't a monk. The gameworld should reflect this.

Cityadmin certainly shouldn't be allowing monks to join it's ranks.

Other factions like Biotech should also be hateful of monks.

On the flipside though, if something like this won't be implemented, then in all fairness, the PPUs gotta get nerfed.

cracky
13-08-03, 23:52
[Cut the Spam - Ulle]

Scikar
14-08-03, 00:05
There's no problem with threads about nerfs. It's when the people on opposite sides of the argument flatly refuse to even attempt to comprehend what the other side is saying. We get massively long threads of people saying the same things over and over. Remember the hybrid nerf threads? You got 5 people debating rationally and 500 people ranting. In the end KK made the right decision but there's a difference. Hybrids were massively overpowered, while ppus are not. You can argue that ppus are a little too hard to kill, fair enough, but they are nothing compared to what hybrids were. This means it's a much more sensitive issue, and it's not one the player base can handle, it's up to the devs this time.

Ulle
14-08-03, 00:06
You all want to cool it down a notch or two or do you want me to lock the gate and let the dogs loose....

Please get back on some sort of spamless topic or it will be locked without further warning.

IronMonkey
14-08-03, 01:44
Wait a minute FBI your saying you knew a cs would do crap damage on a monk but you decided to use it anyways. Yet, this validates the point that they should be nerfed? Im lost here but wouldnt that be like me using hl on a capped tank with capped energy resists and a ppu set of buffs than crying when it does 11 dmg and asking for the tank to be nerfed? Or are u saying its like a anti poison sanctum running ona ppu and my trying to kill him with a artifact poison beam or holy pest?

I'm lost here lol, you just killed the whole point of posting that pic.

cracky
14-08-03, 01:51
He said the point of posting the picture was the amount of people it took to kill the monk.

IronMonkey
14-08-03, 02:12
cracky 2 speedguns would have done it np. 3 would have been even faster.

like i said using cs's is kinda silly against a buff monkeh. Thats liek me saying it takes 10 monkehs casting all artifact poison beams to kill a ppu with antipoison sanctum running.

Just silly

Scikar
14-08-03, 03:29
Have you actually tried using speedgun on a monk? The average ppu monk goes pure resist force. Stick a holy deflector on top of that, add a little armor and presto SG doesn't hurt. Resisting CS is actually a lot harder. If a monk gets his setup right then SG does more damage but 95% of the time CS is better.

Rade
14-08-03, 09:02
CS is by no means poor against buffed monks, sometimes I wonder if people has forgotten that monks have deflector spells nowadays, not like back when they only had shelters.

Archeus
14-08-03, 09:12
Buffed. CS tickles.

Promethius
14-08-03, 09:16
Well i don't think a PPU can out heal 2 CS's at once.(persay standing still). I'm not 100% sure but i do kno that i don't even use my gat against a ppu....always CS. Gatlins are too viable against ppus. because for oen thing tryin to run while shooting a gat it deadly to ur stamina. Also CS will hit with more bullets (considering u can jab a CS in tehre face).

deac
14-08-03, 10:17
SG hurts more but its easier to avoid.... cs dont tickle... if a heal aint runnig then your taking dmg that will kill you.

Arcadius
14-08-03, 10:18
Originally posted by deac
SG hurts more but its easier to avoid....

I agree.

Promethius
14-08-03, 10:23
Originally posted by Arcadius
I agree.

well maybe to SOME monks the SG hurts more but to my PPU Sg's are nothin compared to CS's.

Cryton
14-08-03, 11:45
It really depends on the setup of the monk, some don't take much damage from a CS, others go down real quick. So if the SG dosn't work I always try the CS :)

/Cryton

Promethius
14-08-03, 12:07
Originally posted by Cryton
It really depends on the setup of the monk, some don't take much damage from a CS, others go down real quick. So if the SG dosn't work I always try the CS :)

/Cryton

wel in my experience its this. speed gats do godo dmg and so do CS's. Tho the best u could realisticly resist gatlin is better than the highest u can resist CS's. Does this make any sense to anyone?

Cryton
14-08-03, 13:47
A correct configured PPU Monk won't mind what ever you shoot him with a CS or a speed gat. He/She will only mind if 6+ are shooting at the same time, and is getting a debuff shower :p

/Cryton

Scikar
14-08-03, 13:51
wel in my experience its this. speed gats do godo dmg and so do CS's. Tho the best u could realisticly resist gatlin is better than the highest u can resist CS's. Does this make any sense to anyone?

I get ya. You can resist CS better than you can resist speedgun if you get the right setup. But it is harder to setup for CS than for speedgun. Hence the uber ppus are best to use speedgun on, while those without such a good setup can be taken down faster with CS.