PDA

View Full Version : Question about hybrid apu/ppu penalization

Arcadius
13-08-03, 07:55
Well when pure apus first became viable their were hardly any around. I was one of the few apus. Alex even told me the other day "i miss the good ol days when you were the only apu" lmao :p.

So now i wanna work on a hybrid setup. hehe. I just have a question.

Does the 30% penalization work like #1 or #2?

#1.ANY amount of apu/ppu incurs the full penalty.

#2.The closer your apu is to your ppu, the bigger the penalty up to a max of 30%.

I was under the impression this is how it was. So which is it? :p

extract
13-08-03, 08:02
Im not sure but I hae to ask either way....why? Ive always been pure on the count that when i started this game I got godly advice to not make hybrids cause they were gonna get owned...I love being pure tho...I cant fathom going hybrid even when i realize medkits suck and my apus con resists blow...the damage he deals my god its just sooooo sexy

Arcadius
13-08-03, 08:08
Originally posted by extract
the damage he deals my god its just sooooo sexy

rofl

I know. The damage is facking awesome. But I like being unique. I admit, that was a big reason I was apu before. Now..........omg everyone has an apu. :p

Also I wanna see if hybrids are truely viable or not, KK has stated they still want hybrids to be viable.

extract
13-08-03, 08:12
well I cant say personally...but I know alot of people who have tried to stay hybrid after the patch...and a good deal of them are almost capped...if not capped(were talking about xx/65-67 here) and they said they just couldnt find a good setup...now maybe they were expecting something similar to the way it was before I honestly dont know...but i can garuntee you wont be able to get above 300% damage on any APU & PPU spell which imo...is totally unacceptable...cause once you taste runcast you cant ever go back

Arcadius
13-08-03, 08:14
Originally posted by extract
cause once you taste runcast you cant ever go back

LOL

I agree. But...............well we'll see. ;)

QuantumDelta
13-08-03, 08:48
30% of one APU Point is removed by 1 PPU Point.

One for one all the way up the scale.
Use Lupus' skill thingy for the exact formula, that's how it works.

It's 30% nerf of 1 point of the opposing school per point...

Arcadius
13-08-03, 08:54
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
30% of one APU Point is removed by 1 PPU Point.

One for one all the way up the scale.
Use Lupus' skill thingy for the exact formula, that's how it works.

It's 30% nerf of 1 point of the opposing school per point...

1 ppu point, or 1 SKILL point?

MortuusLupus
13-08-03, 09:00
Apu gets a penalty of (PPU/3) or (1/3)*PPU points, and vice versa.

Thus, if you've got 100 APU and 100 PPU, for damage/RoF/whatever percentages, you have only 70 in each.

If you've 100 APU and 30 PPU, your APU stuff is calculated as if it was 90 (30/3 = 10, 100-10=90).

Arcadius
13-08-03, 09:04
Very interesting...............*genius mind at work*

ericdraven
13-08-03, 10:25
Originally posted by MortuusLupus
Apu gets a penalty of (PPU/3) or (1/3)*PPU points, and vice versa.

Thus, if you've got 100 APU and 100 PPU, for damage/RoF/whatever percentages, you have only 70 in each.

If you've 100 APU and 30 PPU, your APU stuff is calculated as if it was 90 (30/3 = 10, 100-10=90).

Don't forget that PPW counts as well..

hinch
13-08-03, 10:38
its #1 and its more like 60% than 30%

Dargeshaad
13-08-03, 10:50
Well I have a setup that works pretty good imho, I'd still like to see how much difference a DS would do, something like 15-20% more dmg too all spells would be nice which is what I think I'll get.
Anyway, I haven't dueled a whole lot with him, but have won close to all the duels I've had (mostly against PE/APU), but what you'll find out fast is that you live on your heal spell and not shelter/deflector.

P4mp3rk3
13-08-03, 10:58
I got a question too :)

What's with the PSI-core now?? it gives APU and PPU, so it kinda gimps the pures. I know it's only 5 points, but still, it defies the purpose of having either no PPU or APU :rolleyes:

Promethius
13-08-03, 11:01
Originally posted by Arcadius
Well when pure apus first became viable their were hardly any around. I was one of the few apus. Alex even told me the other day "i miss the good ol days when you were the only apu" lmao :p.

So now i wanna work on a hybrid setup. hehe. I just have a question.

Does the 30% penalization work like #1 or #2?

#1.ANY amount of apu/ppu incurs the full penalty.

#2.The closer your apu is to your ppu, the bigger the penalty up to a max of 30%.

I was under the impression this is how it was. So which is it? :p

I think its the more of one you ahve it reduces the other by so much.

Promethius
13-08-03, 11:02
Originally posted by P4mp3rk3
I got a question too :)

What's with the PSI-core now?? it gives APU and PPU, so it kinda gimps the pures. I know it's only 5 points, but still, it defies the purpose of having either no PPU or APU :rolleyes:

i thought of that once but once i saaw the pure chips it solved evrything. defensive psi proccessor /attack 3 chip both +15a/ppu and -15 p/apu

MortuusLupus
13-08-03, 11:47
Originally posted by ericdraven
Don't forget that PPW counts as well..

Yeah, I was using just the APU and PPU to explain the 30% penalties. I don't remember the exact formula

Progenitor
13-08-03, 15:44
From the posted equation (see the thread in the anouncement forum), it was something like:

.65(a/p)pu + .35ppw - .3(p/a)pu

And the -.3 only applies to values that are above 0 in your skills display window - if it is 0, the +5 from the core is negated by some other chip or the PA and you pay no penalty. (AFAIK)

There is more to it than just that equation, but what that is, I don't know. TL of the spell plays in there someplace as well as the statistics of the spell.

-p

ghandisfury
13-08-03, 18:57
Just FWY Arc....The problem with hybrids now is not the defence/offence, it's the fact that they have to stand still to attack. With holy shelter/deflector/yadda yadda you still only have the defences of a midrank PE.....but you have to attack like you're a tank. Try it, see how you like it.....i sure didn't.

Arcadius
13-08-03, 20:18
Originally posted by ghandisfury
Just FWY Arc....The problem with hybrids now is not the defence/offence, it's the fact that they have to stand still to attack. With holy shelter/deflector/yadda yadda you still only have the defences of a midrank PE.....but you have to attack like you're a tank. Try it, see how you like it.....i sure didn't.

I disagree, the defense was still incredible. Anyways, I think KK went to far in nerfing the hybrids, which is UNDERSTANDABLE.

IMO their should be no 30% penalization, and their should be a way to disallow holy buffs from hybrids. They should have run/casting, bless buffs, and beam spells IMO.