PDA

View Full Version : Ban TG from Neocron...

Q`alooaith
13-08-03, 04:51
Do NOT post, Please read fully before posting as it'll only prove my point.

Ok right now the cannyon is empty and pepper park is overrun daly, I don't care that pepper park is overrun, I do care that the TG come from inside the city to do it.

I'm not going down that lameass RP bullshit about how "copbots should keep them out blah blah.." but instead for gamplay reasons.

Right now TG is empty, the faction is brimming with players, but the HQ empty, simply because all the tradeskillers, TG and no are in plasa 1 hocking there wares to everyone. We all know that they will not be able to do this when DOY is out, but I suggest only that they are not allowed now, given a warning say a week to clear out any apts they might have. Then lock the doors to them, make copbots and stormbots shoot on sight, lock the genreps to hostile factions.

You get the idea, give them time to clear out then force them out. Maybe at the same time beef up the cannyon defences, same for Tech heaven.

Point is it's going to happen anyway, I can't see a reason for it not to happen now, they'd still have tech heaven to goto and could get to pepper park and outzone without fear if they avoided copbots. Maybe even make the main sewer lead outside neocron at the sides, so there'd be a real reason to run that guantlet, or even into some of the inner city sewers and storage areas.

Then change the sound clips, to be triggered when a TG enters the innercity, might be too much work for that...

But at least lets get them used to being away from the city first, let them get a headstart on building a tradskillers base in their HQ, least they cry when DoY comes out..

Ok, try and keep it civil.

Duder
13-08-03, 04:55
They are gonna do that when DoY comes, Copbots will shoot TG....just wait for DoY....heh...:rolleyes:

bounty
13-08-03, 04:58
i don't see how they can take away their apartments from inside the city

John C. Gamer is coming back from a 2 month vacation from NC and can't get his 500+ tech parts and his 5 slotted uber weapon cause the "give em a week to clear out his apartments" thing was in effect while he was gone.

I do agree with you though, there should be a limit to where TG can go. CLearing out PP of copbots and making it kind of a "free" zone is a good idea as much as i hate the lame zoning crap that goes on there.

Roc-a-fella
13-08-03, 04:58
i say yes cause the looks who knows when doy will arrive

Q`alooaith
13-08-03, 05:00
Originally posted by Duder
They are gonna do that when DoY comes, Copbots will shoot TG....just wait for DoY....heh...:rolleyes:

I said that a few times... did you even read my fucking post, I sleep with fucking dead animals and eat horse shit for breakfast, with leamon and lime cola..

ok?:lol:

I was just sugesting that they be stopped now so they get used to the idea, I also suggested that they be given a week or so's warning to be fair some TG have cabs in the city full of junk they'd not want to lose, so a warning might help make them happy.

Originally posted by bounty
i don't see how they can take away their apartments from inside the city

John C. Gamer is coming back from a 2 month vacation from NC and can't get his 500+ tech parts and his 5 slotted uber weapon cause the "give em a week to clear out his apartments" thing was in effect while he was gone.

The point is it's a week.. the apts and cabs are not removed, just it'd take running past however many copbots in the city.. ok..

Originally posted by Roc-a-fella
i say yes cause the looks who knows when doy will arrive

A very good point, and another reason I posted..

KimmyG
13-08-03, 05:00
I have always been for this idea my only objection was problem with trade skills if you could some traders into TG like there is in neocron.

Scikar
13-08-03, 05:03
Originally posted by KimmyG
I have always been for this idea my only objection was problem with trade skills if you could some traders into TG like there is in neocron.

There are vendors for everything in TG bar medkits and explosive weapons/ammo. And they're all conveniently grouped together, all the weapons are in the same place, and all the grease/parts/chems vendors are in the same place too.

I think it's a good idea, though I've always wondered if the safezones will be lifted to allow us to shoot back. And maybe move copbots to cityadmin faction so we can kill them without losing SL?

KimmyG
13-08-03, 05:05
I mean more like barter,construct,res and imp.

Another problem is apartments nothing beats a plaza 3.

Scikar
13-08-03, 05:06
Originally posted by KimmyG
I mean more like barter,construct,res and imp.

I don't get ya. :confused:

Drexel
13-08-03, 05:53
Good question, what will become of the city appartments.

If they ever change there Home appartment setting, it may mean they can never return to it. (cant walk there)

Unless we can get the option to select which of our multiple appartments we GR too, this will be quite a big issue.

& yes, Tg should start getting warning or something before the ban, I only log on my TG character about once a fortnight ATM, & I leave him in P1. So what happens IF (notice the big if) DoY is launched & im now KOS.

Although KK have always said DoY is not one big patch, but lots of events leading up to the city opening. (which has already started)

Spoon
13-08-03, 06:15
Originally posted by Drexel
Good question, what will become of the city appartments.

I would imagine they would be able to keep them, but it would be nearly impossible to access the apartments, they probably wouldn't be able to GR right in to them.
And even if they could GR to other city GR's(Medicare, Ron Trade walk, HighWatch Road etc.) they would need a PPU to go along with them, rezzing 5 or 6 times enroute, it would be like an MC5 run, that's if CopBots are shooting(will they?), faction guards wouldn't be to big of a problem, tho...IMO

About the subject of the thread...

Yeah, give the city enemy factions the boot....

kurai
13-08-03, 06:45
The main reason I don't use TG base much is because ... it's a shitheap.

Apartments are crap, vendors are a pain, canyon/skywalks layout is annoying, it's not a safezone. Blah blah etc etc.

Fairly simple really.

Q`alooaith
13-08-03, 06:52
Originally posted by Spoon
I would imagine they would be able to keep them, but it would be nearly impossible to access the apartments, they probably wouldn't be able to GR right in to them.

I'd think you'd get to keep your apts.. Maybe have them convert to DoY apts when it comes out.. but thats a big maybe..

I was sugesting shutting down city GR's to hostiles, but maybe leaving outzone ones open to them still..

You can still WALK to your starter apt even if you change your GR, it's just you can't rep there without reassining it as the primary.
a incorrect statment, but understandable that some might forget where their apts are.

Simple point is, if your hostile in the city you'll get shot by the big boys...

I'm not sure about making safe zones unsafe, though it'd make some sence, but then you'd get a stituation like in pepper park 1, people would draw, fire and put away before the copbots started blasting, droners would find nice hidaways and send a drone to AoE people...

It'd take more copbots in the safe zones, and a change in conetiviy, or more protechtion around the subway, as once your on that train, you can get all the way into via rosso without seeing a copbot...

Originally posted by kurai
The main reason I don't use TG base much is because ... it's a shitheap.

Apartments are crap, vendors are a pain, canyon/skywalks layout is annoying, it's not a safezone. Blah blah etc etc.

Fairly simple really.

Well you better start getting used to your shitheap, because DoY hearalds the end of your ventures into the innercity..

the main idea of this thread is to see if many people would be behind stopping TG's and other anti city factions going into the inner city now, by turning the copbots into CA faction, which would work, or by changing their faction to TG hostile.

kurai
13-08-03, 07:04
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
Well you better start getting used to your shitheap, because DoY hearalds the end of your ventures into the innercity.. I appreciate the point of your thread.
However, I'd probably still use Plaza-1 as my main "chillout and runner trade/chat" spot.
It's no biggie to avoid the copbots if you use a bit of common sense (as can be evidenced by bad soul-light people), and I could still make it to and from my apartments without much problem.

My preferences probably won't change much until there's a different all-faction safezone that isn't shit.

Edit: One important point that could so with further emphasis is that there *must* be a faction-neutral safezone somewhere, that any runner can have access to.

nonamebrandeggs
13-08-03, 07:19
Spies shant be havin much of a hard time getting in; Stealth :D.

Q`alooaith
13-08-03, 07:20

Edit: One important point that could so with further emphasis is that there *must* be a faction-neutral safezone somewhere, that any runner can have access to.

thats a very good point...

Maybe make Via 1-3 safe zones as they are deep in the city, and make Plasa a "law zone"

Basicaly Law zones are filled with copbots that don't give warning about SL or weapons, they just shoot, killing anyone in them results in all factions losing sympth (we don't want stupid killers) SL goes down max ammount each time.. So you could still kill in them.. you'd just face some bad effects..

On a side note, Next HQ needs faction guards just inside the doors on the inside.. I'll explain why in another thread, this is not the place..

nonamebrandeggs
13-08-03, 07:27

Basicaly Law zones are filled with copbots that don't give warning about SL or weapons, they just shoot, killing anyone in them results in all factions losing sympth (we don't want stupid killers) SL goes down max ammount each time.. So you could still kill in them.. you'd just face some bad effects..

Well then they aren't copbots now are they?

I really don't like this idea, IMO there should be no copbots in the Plaza Districts, because then it would make it very hard to Anticity factions to raid Plaza.

IceStorm
13-08-03, 07:27
My guess is KK knows the apt situation isn't up to snuff in Mil Base, TG, and is barely passable in TH. Locking down NC won't do much for the game unless you like infighting amongst the city factions.

It's been, what, 9 to 10 months since the retail servers went live? What's another few months waiting for DoY?

Oh, and making VR "safe" just moves everyone from Plaza to VR. It does nothing to fix the current situation, or did you forget that the subway services all four major locales in the city and has no copbots?

nonamebrandeggs
13-08-03, 07:34
Actually there are copbots in the subway systems... their in the walls SOMEWHERE or else you couldn't bring out a weapon.

Q`alooaith
13-08-03, 07:45
Originally posted by nonamebrandeggs
Well then they aren't copbots now are they?

I really don't like this idea, IMO there should be no copbots in the Plaza Districts, because then it would make it very hard to Anticity factions to raid Plaza.

No.. copbots are there to keep order, get the idea, thats the benifit of being a city faction, and why TG, CM and FA are all rated as hard factions.

The suggestion of law zones is for banning anti city from the city, while turning the plasa area's into law zones, keeping VR a safe zone for newbs..

The law zone would relfect how Plasa is safer than pepper park, but not totaly imune to attack.. Mainly so you could pull a weapon, but the copbots would shoot on sight, this would be to stop enemy factions from turning Plasa into pepper park, as I'm sure you'd want.. It's to get around the old cheat of, Drop that weapon (fire off a few shots) I said put the weapon away (put weapon away, wait..) copbot goes back to standing, repeat.. with CS's and HL's many newbs would die.. the Law zone idea would be to limit these attacks to a few or in dark allys..

So it's not to stop raiders, it's to stop squables and cheating.

Actually there are copbots in the subway systems... their in the walls SOMEWHERE or else you couldn't bring out a weapon.

There are no copbots in the cubway, in or out of the walls, in that you can be -100 SL and not get shot..

IceStorm
13-08-03, 08:20
The suggestion of law zones is for banning anti city from the city, while turning the plasa area's into law zones, keeping VR a safe zone for newbs..
Huh? Are you playing the same game I am?

Via Rosso is part of the city.

Why should a newb who runs to NC (nevermind the difficulty in doing this) and manages to make it into the subway system without being shot, be granted a license to tag the VR2 GR? What does that get a newb character? He/she can't buy an apartment in the cty as he/she doesn't have any cash. What, this gets he/she access to City leveling spots? You think people WON'T flock to a safezone in the city, repleat with level 3 apartments?

I fail to see how making Plaza "law zones" and VR "safe zones" does anything other than to move the center of trade from Plaza 1 to Via Rosso 2. You'll still have the same swarms of TG in NC. You'll still have them rading Pepper Park, although now the PP subway exit will be the staging ar.ea.

It doesn't get you anything.

The law zone would relfect how Plasa is safer than pepper park, but not totaly imune to attack.. Mainly so you could pull a weapon, but the copbots would shoot on sight, this would be to stop enemy factions from turning Plasa into pepper park, as I'm sure you'd want..
Oh, so NOW you want to be able to draw weapons in Plaza?? That just moves the fighting to the edges of Plaza, out of Pepper Park. If a couple copbots didn't stop fighting in Pepper Park, how are a few going to stop it in Plaza??

Your motive seems to be to make Plaza into Pepper Park - a non safezone. Right now Pepper Park is/was set up exactly the way you describe. The only difference being that the Copbots are SL guards, not anti-City guards.

nonamebrandeggs
13-08-03, 08:21

There are no copbots in the cubway, in or out of the walls, in that you can be -100 SL and not get shot..

Can you shoot through walls? NO! Neither can copbots! There _are_ copbots down there, try to pull out a weapon in there, they will talk to you.

kurai
13-08-03, 08:28
Can you shoot through walls? NO! Neither can copbots! There _are_ copbots down there, try to pull out a weapon in there, they will talk to you. Eggs ... are you on drugs this morning or something ?

Recent posts have been bizarre.

Q`alooaith
13-08-03, 08:28
Can you shoot through walls? NO! Neither can copbots! There _are_ copbots down there, try to pull out a weapon in there, they will talk to you.

Thats a bad example.. I can shoot though walls, I'm a APU....

And when your in the wall's you can see out and target freely, so itt's possible to shoot out from wall, but thats not the point..
I know they are not there..

They should add some on the platforms though, maybe only in plasa and VR..

I've walked from one end of the track to the other, and they are not anywhere... realy.

OMG, omg, H4K$.. K0S k0s..
Note, bugs caused me to get into the walls once, namly the subway door one, never replicated, doors fixed, so no more bug.

Sanctus
13-08-03, 09:19
disagree, TG has no alternative for Plaza 1. TG is defended for other factions. and TH would be a good option but its not a safezone. (neither is Canyon BTW) So Pkers would visit frequently to gank tradeskillers and loot their belts.

And a LE to every tradeskiller wont work either since some need implants. and then the LE vs PK discussion will start again (which always is a flamewar by default)

Mankind
13-08-03, 09:39
Wait for DoY.....

Anti-neocron factions will have DoY to go to. We will have our own little place there similar to "plaza1". I think when it is released, people are going to be in confusion. Half of the people will want to go to one place to make that their main hangout area, and half will want to go to another place. Will be funny to see nevertheless.

City factions will have Neocron.

The same rules will apply for DoY that apply for the city. The DoY is a whole nother city and it too will have guards as strong as the city guards. Us anti-neocron factions will not be allowed in the city (although Pepper park should have no copbots and we should be allowed there), and the city factions will not be able to enter DoY.

Tech haven is going to be a sort of neutral zone, except to those that are not neutral/allied to them. This will probably be the place that tradeskillers will go from the city of neocron if one of their friends in DoY needs something researched/constructed.

Military base will still have raids ;) GOOD! The guards will still be weak and players will still be in fear of being there.

Twilight guardian might get some more population but I doubt much much more.

...just wait for DoY to ban TG from NC. Then you people will whine that CA should be allowed in DoY because they want to "explore" it. Then I will laugh :)

Q`alooaith
13-08-03, 10:27
Originally posted by Sanctus
disagree, TG has no alternative for Plaza 1. TG is defended for other factions. and TH would be a good option but its not a safezone. (neither is Canyon BTW) So Pkers would visit frequently to gank tradeskillers and loot their belts.

And a LE to every tradeskiller wont work either since some need implants. and then the LE vs PK discussion will start again (which always is a flamewar by default)

Who says tradeskillers should get a safezone?

and if you gank a tradeskill what you gain? tools don't drop, and your the blacksheep that ganked a tradeskiller doing a job for Big bad runner X who then ganks you with his clan..

Anyway tradeskillers would stay near the shops they buy supplys from, so safty in numbers sort of thing..

Rember FA would not be baned from the city, they are not anti city, there just not pro city..

They called em hard factions, time to make it hard.

kurai
13-08-03, 10:49
Who says tradeskillers should get a safezone?

and if you gank a tradeskill what you gain? tools don't drop, and your the blacksheep that ganked a tradeskiller doing a job for Big bad runner X who then ganks you with his clan..

Anyway tradeskillers would stay near the shops they buy supplys from, so safty in numbers sort of thing..
You underestimate the Retard Factor, by a huge margin.

There will always be some dickhead that runs in, ganks every tradeskiller in sight, then fucks off again.

Saying "Oooh - clan up and get revenge, that will stop him !" , or "Boycott him - no more tradeskills for him. That will stop him !" will be utterly ineffective.

Either the normal "action leads to consequence" thought process is short-circuited by the dimmer gankers, or they simply don't give a fuck.

And "safety in numbers" ... ? What sort of woolly thinking is that ?
Here's a clue ... 317 tradeskillers with no armour and and weapons are just as incapable of defence as one.

Don't believe me ? Go to TG, and MB, and TH and count the number of tradeskillers doing public work outside of apartments and in non-safezones.

Crest
13-08-03, 11:16
Anyone can own a app anywhere, just they cant gr out there, et it as pime app.

So tg's keep apps, just not gr there.

If you want your own then get barter to buy pp in TG, get all your troops there with LE in, running passed gaurds.

Put them in App. Pull LE out and wait for a period of time. Then this clan / group team up and kill the tgs hanging around. This will quickly spread and the Tg Pker's in PP will copme running.

TG are bringing the war to the city cause there aint no war anywhere else.

They raid TT HQ,
They Camp PP. Cause they are bored and taking game to next level. This leades them to stay around a little longer then ship out to something else.

Morpheous
13-08-03, 11:19
*RP Mode On*

The TG should not be alowwed inside the city, because they are trying to undermine goverment, so copbots should just KoS them and kill 'em all! Plus certain areas could have either storm or copbots on patrol ie walking thru outzone, KoSing every TG etc.

TG will have the Dome to go to, and that will quickly become thriving with traders, mark my words....

*RP mode off, thank reza....*

Inm summary:

TG bad.
Copbots KoS TG Good.
Milky Rens rule.
TG bad.
"Product of The Canyon" Milky Rens bad.
"Made in Plaza" Milky Rens good.

BURN TG!!

(I like milky rens)

Morpheous
13-08-03, 11:22
Oh yeah,

Why does everyone worry about the appt thing?? I dont see it as a problem.

TG sneak into city once, then make the appt primary. They then overload with their chitin stocks or whatever crap they want, then fill gogo up. Then GR to the main TG GR, and go to appyt. Repeat.

kurai
13-08-03, 11:39
Originally posted by Morpheous
Oh yeah,

Why does everyone worry about the appt thing?? I dont see it as a problem.

TG sneak into city once, then make the appt primary. They then overload with their chitin stocks or whatever crap they want, then fill gogo up. Then GR to the main TG GR, and go to appyt. Repeat. Can't tag a Primary Apartment GR in a zone hostile to you any more.

Original monk
13-08-03, 11:46
only thing i hear in this thread is wait for DoY, im tired of waiting lol, i yust wanted a new city, that would be cool, i didnt want a whole new game etc, all shittalk to give em more time, caus enow people expect heaven from doy offcourse but they havent seen it yet :/ THIS WAITIN BETTER BE GOOD :p

Helen Angilley
13-08-03, 13:31
Want a safe zone for your TG tradeskilling?

Use your apartments...:rolleyes:

Sanctus
13-08-03, 15:49
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
Want a safe zone for your TG tradeskilling?

Use your apartments...:rolleyes:

Want a TG free zone? Go to yours. :D

kurai
13-08-03, 16:55
*sigh*

Even when ignored the Angilley creature's witless comments assail me via 3rd party quotation.

Go to TG, and MB, and TH and count the number of tradeskillers doing public work outside of apartments and in non-safezones.

Was it *really* that hard to grasp ?

BlackPrince
13-08-03, 17:02
"When Mods Go Pathetic: The Helen Angilley Story."

Hope that answers your Q's Kurai.

Sure, lets kick TG out of Neocron, lets force all non-City constructors to peddle their wares in non-safe zones. Did you really think this through Q?

There has to be some neutral place where everyone can get things done, be it ressing, poking, or building. "Why?" you dimly ask? Because the combined population of all the servers at prime time isn't even a drop in the water compared to what it should be, or used to be. There are not enough people to support your idea at this time.

And you asked whats the benefit for killing Tradeskillers? Gee, let me think. The chance to gank an enemy tradeskiller and stand a good chance to get a high value item as well...hmm...even you should be able to figure that one out.

BlackPrince
13-08-03, 17:05
On second thought, go ahead. I'd dare say that half to two thirds of all tradeskillers on Pluto are enemies of the City, so you'd just be shooting yourself in the foot.

Yalson
13-08-03, 17:47
Originally posted by BlackPrince

There has to be some neutral place where everyone can get things done, be it ressing, poking, or building. "Why?" you dimly ask? Because the combined population of all the servers at prime time isn't even a drop in the water compared to what it should be, or used to be. There are not enough people to support your idea at this time.

why do we have to have a load of tradeskillers physically in one place anyway? Just use the SKILL-** channels...

Vila
13-08-03, 17:52
no TG = No osama, No Buss, No terrorist, Less to kill, no terrorist network like tg & fa

BlackPrince
13-08-03, 18:02
Why Yalson? Because not everyone monitors the trade channels, some people are so busy You the Customer must go to Them. Thats why. Especially when it comes to getting high level things done like Rare Id'ing or Constructing. With such a small in game population, its very easy to say "Hey, all the folks I need are here, so I'll go look for one there" instead of hopelessly spamming and watching channels looking for one Resser.

It's a matter of convenience, unless of course you want to drive more people away. Add on to that, not all of us bear this OOC hatred for folks we fight, in fact, some of us even LIKE our enemies. Its nice to have a neutral place to gather and shoot the breeze with each other or just rag on each other.

Mankind
13-08-03, 22:18
Haha I can't wait til DoY comes out. You guys think that TG are the real enemy? Wait for the Dome faction. That's gonna be the faction you will all love to hate. *IF* KK makes it a playable faction, which I don't see why not; then you should get ready for a giant switchover of tradeskillers and fighters, not only from TG or another anti-city faction but from some city people as well. And if our traders at TG can get pked by city scum, then the city scum can get pked in the town.

:p:p:p

Q`alooaith
13-08-03, 23:37

Go to TG, and MB, and TH and count the number of tradeskillers doing public work outside of apartments and in non-safezones.

ok now you've done that, goto Plasa 1 and count the number of TG and FA trade skillers in plasa..

They all stay in plasa now because it is safe, if forced out of plasa they would goto the cannyon, not because it's safe, but because it's safer than wastlands..

The point is, you can't say "how many trade skillers do you see now" because right now they have the choice to sit about in a zone where no one can vent at them for being TG.

If TG got KoS by copbots then their tradeskillers would come home.

So no point shitting about it....

No dumb RP reason, just a gameplay one, make factions more tied to their own.

Scikar
13-08-03, 23:43
Uhhhh... TGs already tradeskill in the canyon. The difference is we protect them from people who might gank them. Think how safe MB would actually be if traded there. If you have people tradeskilling in MB, then you don't need all of the mercs to go to plaza for their wares. Thus, they are at the MB, which means they can defend it.

TG tradeskillers will have 0 problems tradeskilling outside of NC. And if BD are also KoS to copbots they won't do badly either, there's loads of places to hide in pepper and OZ.

hnlecter
14-08-03, 00:29
How do we beef up defences? The guards suck as it is.

Q`alooaith
15-08-03, 05:49
Originally posted by hnlecter
How do we beef up defences? The guards suck as it is.

Who's guards don't suck...

TG guards are some of the best..