PDA

View Full Version : Increased number of newbs?

DIS
12-08-03, 18:30
Is it me, or has there been an increase on the number of n00bs on the pluto server? And if so does it mean that NC is actually picking up a bit more?

*ph33r*
12-08-03, 18:31
I'm sure they'll all vanish when they see you DIS...

T'LOL!

Smugly
12-08-03, 18:33
Haven't seen anymore than I normally do. Well maybe I've seen three as opposed to two in a typical week.

Disturbed021
12-08-03, 18:35
prolly just ppl rerolling or getting second/third accounts......

DIS
12-08-03, 18:38
naw, most of them are real noobs, who dont have a clue about the game..... well the ones ive spoken to so far.

\\Fényx//
12-08-03, 18:41
I rerolled most of my accounts so thats about 16 extra newbs on pluto :D j/k

Nah seriously ive noticed a few more genuine newbs than usual, altho i managed to trick Zokk with one of my new chars =P but he's just dumb. ;)

Disturbed021
12-08-03, 18:44
Originally posted by DIS
naw, most of them are real noobs, who dont have a clue about the game..... well the ones ive spoken to so far.
Would be kewl to have some new ppl joining...unfortunately I haven't seen any.....

DIS
12-08-03, 18:45
just hang around viarosso for a while, they usualy prop up from time to time :)

Judge
12-08-03, 18:47
I have seen a few more new low/mid level players who don't know mucha bout the game on saturn. Even New Dawn can't scare them all off :p

Helen Angilley
12-08-03, 18:48
Originally posted by Judge
I have seen a few more new low/mid level players who don't know mucha bout the game on saturn. Even New Dawn can't scare them all off :p

Why would someone be afraid of a circus? ;)

Disturbed021
12-08-03, 18:48
Heh, forgot thats where I used to hang when I was a noob...damn I haven't been to Via in days. I'll have to check it out now just for old times.

\\Fényx//
12-08-03, 18:49
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
Why would someone be afraid of a circus? ;)

:| im in new dawn... your teh newb that thinks fire apoc is a barrel O_o :p

Helen Angilley
12-08-03, 18:50
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
:| im in new dawn... your teh newb that thinks fire apoc is a barrel O_o :p

Shush....you'll scare the fish away. :p

*Casts her line again*

XenivouS
12-08-03, 18:57
Ive noticed some noobs since ive returned to NC last Thursday. Like this weekend I was trying to cap off my monk in the chaos caves and in out of nowhere comes 2 noobs with the rank of 32/28 and 27/25 trying to level and team with the people I was with. When we told them that the team was full or that thier lvl was too low they got pissed and said that just because us higher lvl peeps are high in lvl that we think our shit dont stink. Then as some people left I let them join the team and they either stood in a back corner soaking up the xp and cash or got pissed off when I would kill the mobs. Atm im 75/55 and I can clear out the caves with the help of a ppu but when some punk bitches at me for playing its a little fudged up. Maybe im doing something wrong.

*goes to sit in the dark corner by himself........*

\\Fényx//
12-08-03, 18:57
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
Shush....you'll scare the fish away. :p

*Casts her line again*

im reporting you or spam for that absolutely useless spam post of spammyness O_o
Watch it or ill start calling you Shujin :p

Archeus
12-08-03, 19:11
I haven't been on long enough to get a correct figure but I would take a wild guess and say...

20% are total newbies to the game.
10% are Beta players coming back.
40% are Alternate accounts (player buys a 2nd/3rd account)
30% are rerollers/from other servers

If you deal with newbies for a while, it is very easy to spot who is who. You get some rerollers/other server people acting like totally new to the game (expecting handouts) but they are easy to guess from the questions they ask or how they speak.

Disturbed021
12-08-03, 19:17
Its damn funny when someone asks on local or direct for any old low TL items ppl may have (cause they are new) or for 2000nc to get their BP :lol:
I'm mean tho, I usually tell them to go punch spiders for an hour until they have the 2000nc then get their BP :p Thats their punishment for dieing like a moron without ne cash.

Clothing_Option
12-08-03, 19:25
Originally posted by Archeus
I haven't been on long enough to get a correct figure but I would take a wild guess and say...

20% are total newbies to the game.
10% are Beta players coming back.
40% are Alternate accounts (player buys a 2nd/3rd account)
30% are rerollers/from other servers

If you deal with newbies for a while, it is very easy to spot who is who. You get some rerollers/other server people acting like totally new to the game (expecting handouts) but they are easy to guess from the questions they ask or how they speak.

Yeah I think it would be cool if KK released the stats on churn
but i know they neverwill.
They could actually create a whole new aspect to the game. For example they list on citicom forums
names of all new players and thier factions
Then the various clans try to pick them up and maybe get reward from faction hq
:D

bounty
12-08-03, 19:26
yeah i noticed this as well. I have personally assited about 3. I asked one guy where he heard about NC, and he replied "google"
I about laughed myself to death. CDV should be embarassed about that.

Dribble Joy
12-08-03, 20:43
I heard about NC through Penny Arcade O_o

But yeah, I have seen more low/mid lvl people about.

AlphaGremlin
13-08-03, 09:47
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
I heard about NC through Penny Arcade O_o

But yeah, I have seen more low/mid lvl people about.

I heard about it through Penny Arcade too.
They had a meet in-game for their 4th aniversary :D Pity it didn't come out here for a while longer.

Oh yeah, a mate saw NC today for $20 :mad: Damn CDV

Relentless
13-08-03, 09:52
I played in the final phase of beta and just came back a month ago. Everything I knew was different, and I never got very far because I rerolled like 4 times, so everything I knew is wrong now, and everything I didn't know I still...don't...know...
Well, no shit sherlockO_o