PDA

View Full Version : is "fire" a common damage?

gizmojack
12-08-03, 17:42
I'm working on the resists of my spy at the mom.

Should I bother with fire resistance or juz put everything
in energy? I can only think of APU monks when it comes to
fire damage. I seldom see anyone put fire bullets in their
guns. However, I'm not sure about the laser guns (e.g CS)
Do players often mod them with fire based damage??

Thx
-Giz:cool:

BlackPrince
12-08-03, 17:45
Lost of folks use Heat Modded weapons when dealing with spies in XRay suits.

Helen Angilley
12-08-03, 17:47
I've never seen it used in PVP that much (Unless we have a Fire Apocalypse-toting APU barreling everything to hell and back), so if you know what you're doing I guess you'll be "fine" as far as fire damage goes.

Careful with modding your weapons though, when everyone specced themselves to X-Ray damage, one enterprising fellow modded his CS to a different damage type....he was often accused of exploiting when, in fact, he was just using his brain. :lol:

Zokk
12-08-03, 17:47
Fire appears (to me) to currently be the most used weapon modification. As a spy, it's tough to get fire resistance anyway, but I would make sure I had some, because without any you'll get destroyed even faster.

greendonkeyuk
12-08-03, 18:39
try to have a little fire resist, just to be prepared for all eventualities.

\\Fényx//
12-08-03, 18:45
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
Fire Apocalypse-toting APU barreling everything to hell and back), so if you know what you're doing I guess you'll be "fine" as far as fire damage goes.

N00B :p Fire apoc is like a beam, holy firestorm is the barrel :lol: and u fink i iz just a big dum tank innit =]

Helen Angilley
12-08-03, 18:47
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
N00B :p Fire apoc is like a beam, holy firestorm is the barrel :lol: and u fink i iz just a big dum tank innit =]

Eh, I never got that far with my Monk.

*Distracts teh Fenyx with some shiny foil*

=Chojin=
12-08-03, 18:50
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
Careful with modding your weapons though, when everyone specced themselves to X-Ray damage, one enterprising fellow modded his CS to a different damage type....he was often accused of exploiting when, in fact, he was just using his brain. :lol:

maybey he carried 2 CS and each one was loaded with and modded with diffrent ammo.......corect me if im wrong cos ive never played a class that uses projectilce weaponary....well the chaos queen .....oh and my monk used 2 use a uzi

Ch0

gizmojack
13-08-03, 18:14
Correct me if i'm wrong but I believe laser rifles have a "heat"
mod. Does this count as fire damage even though it does not stack? And is it used often?

Zokk
13-08-03, 18:16
Fire damage only stacks if the weapon is a single shot weapon. Lasers are actually a pulse weapon, so you take damage 3 or 4 times (or less) depending on the weapon or how well you aim.

If a pulse / burst weapon is modified with fire, you get no damage stack, but it still does fire damage to the target.

Lucjan
13-08-03, 18:33
A completely subjective point of view of two constructors for Pluto:
with the return of some vets, fire seems to return with them. For quite a time it was 90% xray mods, now fire is getting its comeback as it seems.

KramerTheWeird
13-08-03, 18:40
Resist both equally, they're used about the same.

Drake6k
13-08-03, 18:52
Originally posted by KramerTheWeird
Resist both equally, they're used about the same.

Right.

I love the people who think fire mods arnt used. Wouldnt that make it the best mod? I'll keep using fire...

SilentGravity
13-08-03, 20:55
On my tank I use heat mods for my CS...

Anyways a lil tip, if your spy can get enough str wear INQ boots.

Shakari
13-08-03, 21:01
I have 2 identical guns on xray the other heat but u use the heat the most :)

QuantumDelta
13-08-03, 22:25
First is the best mod on average, however, against the best players, there's very very little in it.... normally, uranium is the best against those because of the lack of armor, only a few people have 76% XRR in combat.... (Even I don't have 76% but mines high enough that you wouldn't really notice... :P)