PDA

View Full Version : Pk Is Alive And Well

libbo
12-08-03, 15:59
No sooner had I read this post (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?threadid=70935) last week than the madness kicked off (on Saturn anyhow). I have been PK'd more times since this Saturday than I have since I started playing the game - seriously.

I can't really complain - I know the routine: If you do not want to be kicked around in the PvP arena you can always put your LE chip in or else give up on the tradeskills and concentrate on whooping a little ass in return BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD I need to locate the sign that my spy must be wearing that says "Please make me your bitch." It's getting just plain silly in there folks. :p

On the bright side of the issue, the increase in PK activity has really started bringing out the team spirit in certain players. While hooking and jabbing at the MB bunker last night I lucked out with a team of players who would turn on a suspected PK'r at the drop of a hat. I was having so much fun with these cool bastards that I lost all track of time and now paying the price for getting no sleep last night.

So yes, it is a pain in the ass to spend so much time getting my imps poked back in me from all the random ass kicking I have been receiving - but you PK happy players are bringing out some interesting results as well. :D

Yap!!

Dave Kujan
12-08-03, 16:11
yeah, there's no rhyme or reason to it, no roleplaying, not a clan thing, just assholes being themselves. i was gonna give this game a year but it's getting to the point that you're not getting much from kk and now the pvp thing is getting outta hand...not much to keep me interested...

Peeping Tom
12-08-03, 19:02
just started to pk again the last few days my mates and me.. DAMN I HAVE MISSED IT :)
K4F

CarniFlex
12-08-03, 20:43
make a tank and/or monk (depending on server)

Go lvl up with some friends/get ganked

Get good stuff from clan constructor/researcher... Go drop that uber stuff get mad and

Go pepper park clean it out

go mb clean it out

go on a rare monster/item hunt

Go kick tg ass in the canyon until they beg you to leave

Teach a friend how to be uber...

Logg your char for the last time and never return ...

life of a neocron guy that went on to fame and fortune somewhere else. Where did insidious wolf ever go, I so wanted to get his dogtags

Rizzy
12-08-03, 20:51
hey, who pked you at MB?

libbo
12-08-03, 20:56
Originally posted by Rizzy
hey, who pked you at MB?

Hell Rizz...maybe Dave Kujan took the time to get the name of the cat who was pumping lead into us...I was too busy running and screaching like a little girl. All I saw was that he was a PE...

Then again...old Dave was in front of me during the mad dash back to the GR so I doubt he got the name.

By the time we got back out to the MB after getting re-poked we went tactical and managed to get to the bunker to hook up with that great team. No PK's after that!!

Rizzy
12-08-03, 21:02
was the pe rifles or pistols? and what weapon?

libbo
12-08-03, 21:13
Pistol PE - high rate of fire but other than the fact that it did not appear to be a rare weapon I have no idea. He obviously wasn't in too good with the City Mercs because the guards were shooting at him and he ran away after finishing us off...

Arcadius
12-08-03, 21:36
I love PKing enemy clan members on my hov-tec.

MWAHAHHAHAHAHAH

God a capped HL does soooo much damage, and has awesome range. ^_^

DonnyJepp
12-08-03, 23:44
Originally posted by libbo
Pistol PE - high rate of fire but other than the fact that it did not appear to be a rare weapon I have no idea. He obviously wasn't in too good with the City Mercs because the guards were shooting at him and he ran away after finishing us off...

Sounds like Shambl3r, he was very red and factionless, I got ganked by him in the middle of the tundra on Saturday while hunting. My pulse-laser is not a match for his blacksun. He uses freezers also.

He reminds me a lot of Starkes.

D

libbo
13-08-03, 14:21
I think that might be him...

trigger hurt
13-08-03, 14:32
Originally posted by CarniFlex
make a tank and/or monk (depending on server)

Go lvl up with some friends/get ganked

Get good stuff from clan constructor/researcher... Go drop that uber stuff get mad and

Go pepper park clean it out

go mb clean it out

go on a rare monster/item hunt

Go kick tg ass in the canyon until they beg you to leave

Teach a friend how to be uber...

Logg your char for the last time and never return ...

life of a neocron guy that went on to fame and fortune somewhere else. Where did insidious wolf ever go, I so wanted to get his dogtags

I think Sid got banned for something...pluto and mysterious Cursed Souls come to mind...I could be wrong though. Might be a different sid in thinking of. So, don't hold me to it.

And that pk'r sounds more like snickers_return...but he's using rifles now...he so cute with his swirly.

enablerbr
13-08-03, 14:34
yeah he's talking of Sid. how i miss his nonsense and zone spamming.:D

MjukisDjur
13-08-03, 14:38
Shambler is not Starkes... Miss the bugger :)

We want Starkes back to put fear into the leveling people of mb...

Bob Monkhouse
13-08-03, 16:20
Ah....the good ole days of HATE. They were fabulous, and want to know what made them such LEGENDS (particulary Starkes)?...........take notes leet speak kids...........THEY NEVER SPAMMED YOU WITH CRAP AFTER KILLING YOU.

I really dont mind being killed. Sometimes I will DM to ask if there was a particular reason, but I never whine (basically because death is only a minor inconvenience). SO why do so many wankers insist on DMing with "OMG111111!!!!! U SUCK etc".

I want a gritty atmosphere to NC, and Starkes and Co provided it (plus he was decent to speak to). Leet speak= THE most Un Cyberpunk concept I can thing of. Its not Pking that hurts, its my brain after listening to these retarded socially damaged geeks.

Rant over:lol:

P4mp3rk3
13-08-03, 17:25
Originally posted by Bob Monkhouse
Ah....the good ole days of HATE. They were fabulous, and want to know what made them such LEGENDS (particulary Starkes)?...........take notes leet speak kids...........THEY NEVER SPAMMED YOU WITH CRAP AFTER KILLING YOU.

I really dont mind being killed. Sometimes I will DM to ask if there was a particular reason, but I never whine (basically because death is only a minor inconvenience). SO why do so many wankers insist on DMing with "OMG111111!!!!! U SUCK etc".

I want a gritty atmosphere to NC, and Starkes and Co provided it (plus he was decent to speak to). Leet speak= THE most Un Cyberpunk concept I can thing of. Its not Pking that hurts, its my brain after listening to these retarded socially damaged geeks.

Rant over:lol:

lol, soo true...though the occasional "rawr!" is always funny imo

trigger hurt
13-08-03, 21:36
Originally posted by Bob Monkhouse
[B]Ah....the good ole days of HATE. They were fabulous, and want to know what made them such LEGENDS (particulary Starkes)?...........take notes leet speak kids...........THEY NEVER SPAMMED YOU WITH CRAP AFTER KILLING YOU.

Sometimes he did. Especially after he dropped his favorite gun...or worse yet, someone elses favorite gun.

I don't think starkes and co provided anything really original. There were other (not known because they actually fought people their level) rpk'rs on Saturn. They did add an atomosphere that made you watch your back...but even they couldn't survive PvP changes made so long ago. Although, style swore they wouldn't care.

It was fairly fun to hunt them down at cycrow though.

Cryotchekk
13-08-03, 22:23
heh i knew i would start off a craze.

yeah i spoke to starkes and he said that nc got boring for him etc and would prolly come back for doy-the usual sorta story

Helen Angilley
13-08-03, 22:25
Originally posted by Cryotchekk
heh i knew i would start off a craze.

yeah i spoke to starkes and he said that nc got boring for him etc and would prolly come back for doy-the usual sorta story

I thought Starkes left because he was no longer the force his ego made him out to be? :lol:

Anyway...HATE....eh, pathetic in my opinion. Only "legendary" because they would kill anyone and everyone in sight....in the low-to-mid levelling areas funnily enough.

Cryotchekk
13-08-03, 22:27
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
I thought Starkes left because he was no longer the force his ego made him out to be? :lol:

Anyway...HATE....eh, pathetic in my opinion. Only "legendary" because they would kill anyone and everyone in sight....in the low-to-mid levelling areas funnily enough.

you sound very pathetic too. no offence.

Psyco Groupie
13-08-03, 23:27
get stealth \o/

Ka0s^
14-08-03, 00:35
Starkes an co made me get that adrenaline rush i used to get!!!!!!!!!! DOnt get it now, still get PKed but its usually from range, not in ya face like starkes etc.

HellHound
14-08-03, 00:36
I actually saw Starkes on the local list tonight..... :eek:

or an imposter, anyway.

Nidhogg
14-08-03, 00:42
I have to say that I enjoyed the rush I got when I saw Starkes on the local list in a non-safe zone. ;)

N

Ka0s^
14-08-03, 00:55
it kinda went

Oh fuck.......*frantically buffing with crappy tank deflector an heal*.......sound of starkes gunfire.....Zone flooded with OMG OMG STARKKKKKKES......pull out 1 slot TPC....Face to Face with starkes as he empties half a clip of his lib into me...fire wildly into the air, clipping a lucky shot as my HP reaches 3....start to say "WHY ME>>>" die on floor, watch starkes running off with his new 1 slot TPC...:lol: :lol: :lol:

This is when i was in <O>wnage and riz would come back saying he killed him lol....i was soooooooo jealous......I hope he comes back for DoY :)

Mankind
14-08-03, 05:46
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'S Back :p

http://www.waaazup.com/p/uploads/starkes.jpg

Hippieman
14-08-03, 05:51
Sure that aint a imposter or did he sell his account? If thats really him, oh its gonna be so much fun.

Rizzy
14-08-03, 05:53
He is back, im gonna help him get kitted up.

Scikar
14-08-03, 07:29
Originally posted by Nidhogg
I have to say that I enjoyed the rush I got when I saw Starkes on the local list in a non-safe zone. ;)

N

I still remember the day you got your Electric Tempest.

"Now I'll kill the bastard!!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

]v[ortice
14-08-03, 18:19
LoL

I remember good old starkesy and style and helmut etc.

We had some major battles with them in MiG, which was bizarre cos we were both TG... but they didn;t care they PK'd our n00bs just like anyone elses.

But tbh, I don;t remember Starkes or Helmut being anywhere near as good as Style.

Good to look back and say we ran them outta TG on more than a few occasions. On a personal note, I never fought Starkes 1 on 1 but I managed to gank him a few times during our mass brawls. Ryker Glare Laserpistol was the l33test pistola ever in those days :)

QuantumDelta
14-08-03, 18:21
Hmm....an actual reason to level up on saturn.....................
apart from rizzy I mean :p

Rizzy
14-08-03, 18:42
Problem with starkes at the moment is his setup is based in prehistoric neocron times :p He has lots of loming and leveling to do

*ph33r*
14-08-03, 18:48
rofl oh man Starkes and HATE were so funny... I remember the time I was in a team at the outzone levelling, and then all of a sudden we saw like 3 tanks in PA zoom straight past us yelling "ITS HATE! FFS RUN!"

Started legging it to the genrep to hear Starke's lib going off in the background... ahh memories :D

Ka0s^
14-08-03, 19:01
Originally posted by *ph33r*
rofl oh man Starkes and HATE were so funny... I remember the time I was in a team at the outzone levelling, and then all of a sudden we saw like 3 tanks in PA zoom straight past us yelling "ITS HATE! FFS RUN!"

Started legging it to the genrep to hear Starke's lib going off in the background... ahh memories :D

Your so right lol, ive never seen ANYONE empty CRP like starkes an co :lol:

Ka0s^
14-08-03, 19:02
Originally posted by Rizzy
Problem with starkes at the moment is his setup is based in prehistoric neocron times :p He has lots of loming and leveling to do

Riz ffs DONT give him TOO many "uber" tips LOL :lol: :lol: :eek: :lol: :lol:

Rizzy
14-08-03, 19:04
Hey I want to see him back up and running. He certainly added alot of life to saturn that will be interesting to have back!

Ka0s^
14-08-03, 19:06
yeah me 2 Riz was only kidding (Will he favour not killing ND runners ) lol

Mankind
14-08-03, 21:13
Starkes is friendly to ND. I helped him out with a little information in PP1 last night hopefully helping him against tanks. His xray/energy must be pretty low because my CS took 3/4 of his life with buffs. Like Rizzy said, his stats are oldschool and he just needs to put in some of the new goodies and change up resists and he's all good.

QuantumDelta
15-08-03, 02:30
Old skool?
You just mean shit right?

Jesus he really must have been one of those "aah, a nice unbalanced weapon, lets use that" players.

Resists have never changed or been fixed, ask Parad0x.

I had a armor / resist setup close to what I have now once, I only changed it because I went judge, when I came back from judge I perfected it and now I have the setup I call perfect.

If it ain't this, it ain't right(.....okay, there are variations of it).

I wanna see starkes up and running rizzy :p

I'll power level when I get back (if I'm not to busy on uranus, my son should be home by the time I get back from my vacation...)

Helen Angilley
15-08-03, 02:55
Starkes? The newbie killer? The newbie killer who was killed by a newbie using a Street Rifle? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sleawer
15-08-03, 03:05
Actually he killed more capped chars than newbs, but newbs were the only ones bitching in forums about him so...

Also, he's BD and he's friendly to ND? hmm.. I hope he's hostile to everyone, like it used to be.

Helen Angilley
15-08-03, 03:08
Originally posted by Sleawer
Actually he killed more capped chars than newbs, but newbs were the only ones bitching in forums about him so...

He also died a lot against capped characters. :p

Was just sweet, sweet justice when a newbie, of all things, killed him. :lol:

ezza
15-08-03, 03:43

Was just sweet, sweet justice when a newbie, of all things, killed him. :lol:

of course he died to capped players, he was out pking 24/7 people used to gang up to kill him, so yeah he was gona die.

i noticed syerus has also gone back to libby set up now(that was who was doing the pking in the Mb last night)

personally im glad to see him back, hope style and helmet return to that would be cool having the 3 of them back

VirtualReGen
15-08-03, 03:51

everybody dies alot

Helen Angilley
15-08-03, 03:53
Originally posted by VirtualReGen
everybody dies alot

Then it's quite pointless to kiss someone's arse over PK'ing if they died pretty much each "run".

He's in for a bloody big shock, I tell you that.

If the new wave of PVP'ers don't get him, a newbie with a Street Rifle will. :D