PDA

View Full Version : Pepper Park Fights

greendonkeyuk
12-08-03, 15:50
Simple question....

When the copbots are removed from pepper park would you prefer it changed to a warzone or left as it is.

Alternatively would you just prefer to have individual zones as warzones (so that the noobs can go through if they want to).

Bearing in mind this would mean no soullight hits for fights and no belt drops for fighting there.

BlackPrince
12-08-03, 15:53
I hate fighting in PP, its the most pointless thing to do in game, except maybe watch the mating habits of Sewer flies.

Berzerker
12-08-03, 15:58
The whole of Neocron should be a warzone.

Beanie McChimp
12-08-03, 16:04
Originally posted by BlackPrince
I hate fighting in PP, its the most pointless thing to do in game, except maybe watch the mating habits of Sewer flies.
THATS THE DAMN POINT OF THE GAME TO FIGHT! IT IS A POST-APOCALYPTIC WORLD OF CHAOS FIGHT THE OPPRESIVE CITY ADMIN OR HAVE GANG WARS

Parappa
12-08-03, 16:05
Agreed, only warzones, no copbots, and your belt drops everywhere.

Original monk
12-08-03, 16:06
I dont need a warzone in there but removing the copbots will be a great help :P

hinch
12-08-03, 16:08
i would preferre warzones became drop zones.
drop laws went back to patch 165 time.
and pp fights were banned as being so uber crap.

now some nice fights in oz5 would kick ass across that big gap just like in the video`s etc oz has some lurvley zones and just needs population in them get everyone out of the city and into oz for some real battles with some real losses

greendonkeyuk
12-08-03, 16:13
hmmmm good point hinch....

if oz was turned into a warzone instead of pp1 that would be better..... well if they worked on soullight hits. i mean losing 100 sl for killin one person is shite.

Velvet
12-08-03, 16:19
Originally posted by Beanie McChimp
THATS THE DAMN POINT OF THE GAME TO FIGHT! IT IS A POST-APOCALYPTIC WORLD OF CHAOS FIGHT THE OPPRESIVE CITY ADMIN OR HAVE GANG WARS

Ah!
Well...
Fighting is a PART of the game.
It is possible (yes, really!) to have fun in NC without killing other players....8|

Sokaris
12-08-03, 16:21
Ask New Dawn.

Everywhere is a warzone.. at least to them it seems to be after some things I saw last night.

And yes i agree oz wars would be awesome with all the little buildings and expanses. Not sure if anyone ever played real paintball before where there are small fake cities but i have and it would be awesome and feel just like it in oz.

hinch
12-08-03, 16:23
Originally posted by greendonkeyuk
hmmmm good point hinch....

if oz was turned into a warzone instead of pp1 that would be better..... well if they worked on soullight hits. i mean losing 100 sl for killin one person is shite.

stuff sl we wont be going into nc soon anyway so it`ll be open season

but we want un protected slot 1`s and back to random drops which include EVERYTHING in the inventory belt armour and imps.

also no more qb`s just backpack looting rights. or whatever just drops on the floor at your feet either one some proper hostile combat that`ll make people think twice about going into battles etc

Sokaris
12-08-03, 16:25
hinch that would be great if it were a perfect world but it's not and you would have all the new players just being killed for sport .. well that already happens.. but it would only get worse. I say this because of the gr rules the only places for new players to go just outside the city within a quick run is oz and jeriko. But to get to jeriko you have to go through oz. If people layed off new players or those just wanting to go lvl not fight that would be better for them.. Don't get me wrong either I love a good fight but I fear chasing off new players to the game cause they get discouraged.

Drake6k
12-08-03, 16:28
Remove the fucking cops!!! They dont stop pking at all and just piss everyone off. Oh and warzone.

hinch
12-08-03, 16:33
simple solution.

all of nc = safe
all of oz = warzone
wastes = same

warzones = drop zones with same rules efffecting anarchy zones
items drop straight out not into quick belts this includes entire inventry.

implement 2 new LE chips as well as current LE

normal LE = safe everywhere
wz le = safe in warzones only
an le = safe in anarchy zones only

solution use normal up until a certain lvl
wz before you join a clan then an once you join a clan so you can hunt in safty but still enjoy op wars

greendonkeyuk
12-08-03, 16:35
hinch i agree with your points mate but id prefer to see more pvp, in different places, not jus opfights, id prefer more fights not less fights. i like to fight, not pking but proper fights with a few people having turf wars with other people.

your idea would kill that off for most people, they just wouldnt dare to fight for fear of losing their pain easer or whatever.
if they had the 165 rare drop rates it would be a tonne easier but as it is..... hmmm no mate.

BlackPrince
12-08-03, 16:41
Beanie, you don't happen to be a High Schooler from FL do you? You're about on par with their reading comprehension.

I said fights in PP were pointless, and most people who fought there will agree. Between the Zone hopping, PPUs hugging Copbots, and all around poor setup (even for a street fight), PP sucks ass.

MAYBE I SHOULD PUT IT IN ALL CAPS SO YOU CAN UNDERSTAND IT BETTER!!!111!!1!!!!111!!

hinch
12-08-03, 16:44
it would make rares truly rare as you`d loose them and eventually your stocks of cs`s etc would dwindle and eventually you`d have people just using normal guns.

go check out oz5 now that is a place for some serious fighting and street brawls going on theres loads of places to tinker in and its nice and open

greendonkeyuk
12-08-03, 16:44
blackprince the copbots are being removed mate......

pp1 fights are pointless right now, but this poll is to see if we can spice em up a bit....

@ hinch

that wouldnt happen mate, all that would happen is the best players would have the rares (because they beat everyone else) which would widen the gap between the good players and the not so good players.

There is too much of a gap between the rare weapons and non rare shop bought items, i mean with the power etc and the construction cap.

The only one that ive seen thats anywhere near its rare "brother" is the tpc. that gun can own, but then at the other end of the scale theres the tar vs pain easer....... ]

To remove rares completely would be awesome, it would come down to skill then, and slot enhancers would be worth a mint again!

As it is the whole weapon system would need an overhaul tbh, if they removed rares.

hinch
12-08-03, 16:47
pyper empty your pm box fs

alig
12-08-03, 16:49
Fuck pp1 and copbots, u could have it a warzone, no cops zone, it still wont change the fact pla3 has no copbots on the zone line, ppl exploit the zone line all day every fucking day this isnt going to change until they put copbots _right_ on pla3 zone line when they split us all up(doy thing)......or they put a set timer when u zone, u cant zone for say....10 seconds, in 10seconds i dont give a fuck wot anyone says u can kill someone in 10 seconds, zone line exploiting would be OVER *drools*

@hinch, tell me another use for hackers if there was no belt drops, just a dropped item on the floor?...afaik they have 3 uses, wb's, op's and belts.

QuantumDelta
12-08-03, 16:49
Pyper, the "sent items" folder also needs to be emptied to clear your inbox.

Hinch, not everyone has a dozen spare rares.. :P

Originally posted by alig
10 seconds, in 10seconds i dont give a fuck wot anyone says u can kill someone in 10 seconds, zone line exploiting would be OVER *drools*
Unless you're:

Pistols
Drones
Melee
PPU
:P

greendonkeyuk
12-08-03, 16:58
yeah if youre not a tank alig then you can struggle.........

having said that ive never seen a droner duel in pp1... :lol:

inbox is empty guys, sent items is too, i seem to have a problem with receiving pms, they take aaaaaaaaaaaaallll day to come through to me.

QuantumDelta
12-08-03, 17:03
Originally posted by greendonkeyuk
having said that ive never seen a droner duel in pp1... :lol:

Seen it, Particle Nem, as soon as the tanks got near the droner, she stealthed and ran off.
heh

hinch
12-08-03, 17:08
they are used in op wars like they should be hacking the security barriers of outposts because you tanks are too stupid to do it your selfs.

you never played before the qb drops did you?
if you didnt then you dont remember how scary it was hunting properly and fighting properly which if you dont remember then you cannot comment so i suggest quietness from you from now on

QuantumDelta
12-08-03, 17:12
Originally posted by hinch
they are used in op wars like they should be hacking the security barriers of outposts because you tanks are too stupid to do it your selfs.

you never played before the qb drops did you?
if you didnt then you dont remember how scary it was hunting properly and fighting properly which if you dont remember then you cannot comment so i suggest quietness from you from now on
I just remember people stopping in the middle of a fight and falling over and a piece of meat falling on the floor.
Wondering why they stopped runing, until you realise they just shoved their rare in their backpack.

Yea, I remember back then, it was ghey o_O
I prefer it now, maybe not with slot 1, but definatly now, since you wont just get "small meat" o_O

greendonkeyuk
12-08-03, 17:13
i was nublet (even greener than a noob) at that time hinch.

The most valuable thing i lost was a Tar i think before they changed the system to belt hacking.

I agree with your point about having no rares but you cant just change something like that without it having cataclysmic effects on the game world as a whole. If you remove slot 1 and KEEP rare weapons its gonna imbalance the entire server. the best will get better, the weak will get weaker.....

you think some sort of robin hood character is gonna come in and pk the pkers and give the noobs their pain easers back?

qd how do you look in green tights? 8| :lol:

QuantumDelta
12-08-03, 17:15
And I thought only lexxy wanted that :P

I like belts, for a lot of reasons... slot 1 = kinda annoying sometimes though.... since Tanks only need CS, PPUs need a billion expensive spells, PEs carry a tonne of stuff, droner spies too....heh

hinch
12-08-03, 17:22
ive done the pking of the pker many times before

ive lost more stuff on my chars than most but a few of the biggest clans have ever seen (biggest loss so far is 9000 rare parts and 1000 rare weapons in an appt fuck up)

qd make drops from everywhere not just qb i mean include backpack items and imps and armour everything.

as for changing something that major wihout having a cataclysmic effect

excuse me? theyve deleted a whole class! theyve removed the entire game that hundreds of players played and we`ve had to start doing and playing in a style that although can be fun is not what we want.

introduction of belts and locked safe slots etc was a major change in the first place suddenly there no longer became the worry of loosing my holy lighthning instead it became the fact of fuck it i`ll just go pk and stuff everywhere i have nothing to ph33r i cant drop my expensive shit

which is why people like itak-man, ginger, megaman exist the only really hardcore pk`ers before that were people like joystick and kobolathor. you see the game is encouraging wankers to do stuff nobody wants them to do and in turn is scaraing away n00bs and in turn is minimising the op war situation.

look at the larger picture not just pp op wars there are fundemental flaws in the game design and systems there are major floors in the implementation of the desired mechanics. and the way to fix them is by hitting the entire game with a sledge hammer and knocking some sence into it to make it the game it should be something that would encourage major battles, would mean that the n00bs and low lvl chars wouldnt be left out of the action that it wouldnt be a case of "whos got the 1337357 5 slotted cs"

who cares the tanks may loose theyre precious
CS WHO CARES
its been proven time and time again a good tpc > cs
for those of you that havent played since forever and wonder what im going on about the game was 100x more fun abut 12 months ago yes it was buggy yes there were crashes and exploits etc.
BUT the actual day to day playing of the game was so much more fun.

Helen Angilley
12-08-03, 17:25
Hinch:
When has "Hardcore PVP'ing" been targeting newbies, people of lower rank and ganking others when they're low on health? o_O

hinch
12-08-03, 17:26
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
Hinch:
When has "Hardcore PVP'ing" been targeting newbies, people of lower rank and ganking others when they're low on health? o_O

erm did i mention that? well i guess i didnt so you are now required to perform the forfiet task of going back and READING THE ENTIRE THREAD AGIN AND AGAIN UNTIL YOU ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND

Helen Angilley
12-08-03, 17:38
erm did i mention that? well i guess i didnt so you are now required to perform the forfiet task of going back and READING THE ENTIRE THREAD AGIN AND AGAIN UNTIL YOU ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND

I did read the entire Thread. ;)

The names you mentioned could hardly be considered "Hardcore PVP'ers".

Hardcore gankers (And no, I haven't subsituted any letters....) maybe, but I don't recall them ever being big on PVP.

greendonkeyuk
12-08-03, 17:41
Lmao

the belt drop thing is a separate issue. the problem we have here is the saturn/uranus/pluto community as a whole dont like the idea of the belt drops. the jupiter community did do. hinch played extensively over there i gather, and liked it. fair play.

the problem i see is it wont do any good. if we want to have more pvp then there should be more warzones imo. people wont fight if theres too much to lose. period.

Would anyone be more bothered if they lost money for example? if your belt contained a random amount of money rather than an item?
The drop rate as it is sucks big time for rares, therefore noone in their right mind is gonna spend 4 mths lookin for pe parts for some twat to gank em the next day and lose it all. I mean id hit the roof if it was me, and i can think of a tonne of other people who would feel the same.

If rares were removed then the belt drop thing would have a lesser effect as the difference in losing one weapon to another would be the amount of slots on it. The opposite end is to have "rares" being dropped more often, like the old way of 1 per wb and 2 per titan.

Either one or the other of these would neeed to be implemented hinch for your idea to be taken seriously by the community i think.

hinch
12-08-03, 17:43
people will fight more if theres something to loose and on the other hand something to gain from wining

you add drop rates and the effort people put in to making sure theyre the best of the best will double the effort in pvp will double as they stand the chance of getting something good in the drop not some shitty duranit 3 or whatever from the 300th tank youve nuked today

Helen Angilley
12-08-03, 17:45
people will fight more if theres something to loose and on the other hand something to gain from wining

So why do the people who want this sort of thing also the same people that screech about how "shit" EVE's PVP system is?

*ph33r*
12-08-03, 17:47
So why do the people who want this sort of thing also the same people that screech about how "shit" EVE's PVP system is?

Just what the hell has EVE's PvP got to do with PP fights? Get back on topic people, let's not turn this into a bitch fest...

"OMG YOU PKAY NEWBS!!!! YOU WANKZORZ!!!"

Helen Angilley
12-08-03, 17:49
Originally posted by *ph33r*
Just what the hell has EVE's PvP got to do with PP fights? Get back on topic people, let's not turn this into a bitch fest...

"OMG YOU PKAY NEWBS!!!! YOU WANKZORZ!!!"

It has a lot to do with it, hun.

Hinch said that people "only fight if they have something to win" and I pointed out that the people who say this are usually those who screech about how "shit" EVE's PVP system is.

It's not a bitch fest, it's an observation. Considerably difference there.

*ph33r*
12-08-03, 17:52
It has a lot to do with it, hun.

Hinch said that people "only fight if they have something to win" and I pointed out that the people who say this are usually those who screech about how "shit" EVE's PVP system is.

It's not a bitch fest, it's an observation. Considerably difference there.

^_______________________^

greendonkeyuk
12-08-03, 17:53
Hinch maybe you could make a poll on it? i agree with many of your points mate, id like to see some sort of reward/loss in pvp. Id also like to see more pvp going on personally too. i dont often win but i enjoy taking part.

the point i was tryin to make was that the community wont be up for it as things stand right now.

hinch
12-08-03, 17:54
i have never mentioned eve`s pvp system as its completely unrelated.

going back on topic though

there is a reason jupiter players do it better longer and harder than everyone else a reason they are more hardcore and a reason their battles a re bigger and better and longer than everywhere else

because we have the chance for real losses

not just oh look i died i repped away w00t recover and eveything is still there

at the end of a battle we spend the next hour or so totaling up what was lost what weapons we lost what we need to hunt then to complete our rare weapons parts etc

it makes you more active it means that next time it comes to a fight you make sure your the ones that win and it does mean spys actually get a combat role

even whilst the battle is going on a teams of spys from each side is runnign around grabbing belts. make it so you can drop important stuff and the spys will be even more happy to risk theyre lifes.

couple this complexity with the open space of outzone and the lack of close by genereps and your in for some seriously fun street brawls away from the zone borders and away from everything else.

battling in the city is just so lame and pp is especially lame as stupid copbots+secutiry guards get in your way all the time and theres no real way to move around and stuff its just a straight dead end which the monks barrel and lo and behold your zone camping again

greendonkeyuk
12-08-03, 18:16
sounds like fun to me....

Selendor
12-08-03, 18:40
I think this thread has got a bit wide from the original topic, in terms of belts and item dropping we know that the community is split over the issue, I'm not saying anyone's right or wrong, its just a point of view, and while there is such a split, a compromise like we have now is the solution.

Regarding PP specifically, I agree it is strange for the 'City fight zone' to be one where a safezone is only step away and copbots interfere. The only reasoning is I suppose that its so close to Plaza, the hub of the game, so its convenient.

Judge
12-08-03, 18:44
Hinch, as a casual player it took me two weeks to get my PE and another two weeks to get the ultima mod for it.

Now I like to PvP, and if I lost my PE then I wouldn't be able to PvP. So it would take me another 4 weeks to get the same rare as I had before. Probably even longer as I was lucky and got a 3 slotted first time. So for one fight lasting about 5 mins I lose my PE and have to spend 4 weeks getting another one for PvP. No thanks mate.

Why should casual players have to suffer because you want the "hardcore PvP" rules back? I agree that there should be something to gain from PvP. But casual players losing rares will just drive away more and more people from an already small community.

alig
12-08-03, 18:56

you add drop rates and the effort people put in to making sure theyre the best of the best will double the effort in pvp will double as they stand the chance of getting something good in the drop not some shitty duranit 3 or whatever from the 300th tank youve nuked today

Somehow, i just cant see that, i wouldnt fight as much as i do now if i'm risking dropping a 4 slot cs every time i die, it just doesnt feel right!

If i lost my favourite gun i would quit and i know other people that would quit if they lost what makes them 'hard' ur asking for a 'HYBRID RESSURECTION' and 'BELT DROPS EVERYWHERE' hmm...i wonder why, is it becuase hybrids were impossible to kill? or is it because u use a SHOP BOUGHT WEAPON!!! that is replaceable? :rolleyes: me thinks its both, so u can gank anyone that comes close to u and at the same time hack there belts and loot everyones 'rare weapons' while u risk loosing an Energy beam.

Edit/
its been proven time and time again a good tpc > cs

So a 4 slot tpc>4slot cs:rolleyes: i have better aiming, rof, u name the cs is better than the tpc on all things, might be due to it being artifact all stats unlike the tpc's perfect 1 the rest probably outstanding

CS > TPC

greendonkeyuk
12-08-03, 19:19
My original point was should we remove the anarchy classification, which would mean, no belt drops and no soullight loss as this would encourage fighting, hinch has different opinions, some of his points i agree with. however i dont see the rest of the player base agreeing with the current state of rare drops etc.

I WANT MORE PVP! not jus duels but proper street fights in tonnes of places, the outzone i think im gonna have to check out actually. for definate......

Arcadius
12-08-03, 19:27
I'd like to see more warzones to see more fighting, or KK please finally FULLY implement clan wars.

Scikar
12-08-03, 20:25
Originally posted by Judge
Hinch, as a casual player it took me two weeks to get my PE and another two weeks to get the ultima mod for it.

Now I like to PvP, and if I lost my PE then I wouldn't be able to PvP. So it would take me another 4 weeks to get the same rare as I had before. Probably even longer as I was lucky and got a 3 slotted first time. So for one fight lasting about 5 mins I lose my PE and have to spend 4 weeks getting another one for PvP. No thanks mate.

Why should casual players have to suffer because you want the "hardcore PvP" rules back? I agree that there should be something to gain from PvP. But casual players losing rares will just drive away more and more people from an already small community.

No no, think for a second. Someone kills you, and steals your PE. Is it the end of the world? Of course not. You just go find someone else with a PE, kill him and steal his. Et voila, one new Pain Easer. That's how NC should be, none of this crappy belt stuff.

hinch
12-08-03, 20:34
If i lost my favourite gun i would quit and i know other people that would quit if they lost what makes them 'hard' ur asking for a 'HYBRID RESSURECTION' and 'BELT DROPS EVERYWHERE' hmm...i wonder why, is it becuase hybrids were impossible to kill? or is it because u use a SHOP BOUGHT WEAPON!!! that is replaceable? :rolleyes: me thinks its both, so u can gank anyone that comes close to u and at the same time hack there belts and loot everyones 'rare weapons' while u risk loosing an Energy beam.

heh
i used a 2 slotted all artifact holy lightning a 3 slotted all artifact fire apocolypse
5 slotted holy shetler
5 slotted holy heal
5 slotted holy deflector
3 slotted holy damage boost
5 slotted anti shelter

i lost them all on more than one occation i had to pay 2 million to get my hl back once others have been replace several times
ive also lost numerous psi cores and other hard to get stuff.

you say you`d quit if you lost your favourite weapon i lost my favourite weapons too i either go pue ppu and loose my favourite attacks
or i go pure apu and loose my favourite defence

theres no fun if theres no risk you threatening to quit is a good thing if you dont want to risk loosing anything go play some other carebear game where you cant loose anything

ffs its not like a cs cant be replaced with a little hard work or are you affraid to work to make sure you have the best stuff available to you?

i want hybrid ressurection because the char that i signed up to play the char ive always played the char that ive put in more hours that most of you combined was deleted courtesey of you whiney bitches.

i want belt drops everywhere because then your always on edge your always looking over your back and your always prepared for everything even now if i stand in p1 im always sheltered etc because its force of habbit from jupiter being ready to be attacked at anytime by anyone

i`d place money that if you lost your cs you`d be the first bitching on ooc "its so not fair blah blah blah i want my mummy blah blah blah im cancelling blah blah blah" dont let the door hit you on the way out will you now

alig
12-08-03, 20:34
Originally posted by Scikar
No no, think for a second. Someone kills you, and steals your PE. Is it the end of the world? Of course not. You just go find someone else with a PE, kill him and steal his. Et voila, one new Pain Easer. That's how NC should be, none of this crappy belt stuff.

Yeah becuase we have the choice of what weapon/imp a runner drops in there belt don't we.:rolleyes:

Shakari
12-08-03, 20:42
simple solution.

all of nc = safe
all of oz = warzone
wastes = same

items drop straight out not into quick belts this includes entire inventry.

implement 2 new LE chips as well as current LE

normal LE = safe everywhere
wz le = safe in warzones only
an le = safe in anarchy zones only

solution use normal up until a certain lvl
wz before you join a clan then an once you join a clan so you can hunt in safty but still enjoy op wars

items drop straight out not into quick belts this includes entire inventry. that would make the the same as anachy zones??? which OZ is now???

alig
12-08-03, 20:45
heh
i used a 2 slotted all artifact holy lightning a 3 slotted all artifact fire apocolypse
5 slotted holy shetler
5 slotted holy heal
5 slotted holy deflector
3 slotted holy damage boost
5 slotted anti shelter

i lost them all on more than one occation i had to pay 2 million to get my hl back once others have been replace several times
ive also lost numerous psi cores and other hard to get stuff.

you say you`d quit if you lost your favourite weapon i lost my favourite weapons too i either go pue ppu and loose my favourite attacks
or i go pure apu and loose my favourite defence

theres no fun if theres no risk you threatening to quit is a good thing if you dont want to risk loosing anything go play some other carebear game where you cant loose anything

ffs its not like a cs cant be replaced with a little hard work or are you affraid to work to make sure you have the best stuff available to you?

i want hybrid ressurection because the char that i signed up to play the char ive always played the char that ive put in more hours that most of you combined was deleted courtesey of you whiney bitches.

i want belt drops everywhere because then your always on edge your always looking over your back and your always prepared for everything even now if i stand in p1 im always sheltered etc because its force of habbit from jupiter being ready to be attacked at anytime by anyone

i`d place money that if you lost your cs you`d be the first bitching on ooc "its so not fair blah blah blah i want my mummy blah blah blah im cancelling blah blah blah" dont let the door hit you on the way out will you now

:lol:

You want hybrids because what? KK never intended them to be that hard and had no way of nerfing them but now they've finally found a way to HIT THEM ON THE HEAD...ur bithcing about people bitching in the first place, So, whos bitching now? huh!

Yeah i would be on ooc first if i lost a 4 slot cs due to it being dropped in a belt and trust me, im no fucking carebear:angel:

The thing i dont get is you want the best of both worlds....a HL and Holy shelters....plz plz tell me why u think thats fair?, i want holy buffs on my tank in that case:rolleyes:

The thing u dont need as a monk is a REALLY GOOD HL to be hard....its rather not the same as a tank, it makes sooooo much difference.

Do you have a tank at all? if no then you really have no idea how long con takes to cap, i have a monk so dont come the 'OI!! u ever tried capping a monk??' bs cuz i know yet ur making it out u have spent decades lvl'ing a monk to be 'HIT ON THE HEAD!!' :lol: Get over it ffs.

Tregard
12-08-03, 21:11
Hinch,
I have been playing since the beginning of Dec. last year....with the rules you ask for I would never take out my LE and I give you free leave to call me carebear forever....because in all that time I have managed to put together one PE, one Ray of God, one Redeemer and one First Love. And I do a *lot* of hunting WBT's.

Judge
12-08-03, 21:48
Originally posted by Scikar

Dude, and how exactly am I going to kill that person? With a TAR? With a gattlin rifle? Just think for a second how hard that would be to find someone with a PE then kill them with a non rare weapon.

If the drop rates were as high as they were pre-165 patch then maybe the idea of no safeslots/belts would work but atm rares are just worht too much to be dropping in every fight. Unless you are a hardcore player who can spend hours at a time leveling and hunting for new rares. Or are an old player with huge existing stockpiles of rares. Of which most people in-game are neither.

Whitestuff
12-08-03, 22:00
All I have to say is this: I hate PKers. I don't play this game to PvP. And when I am out hunting and I get killed by some lame ass who is just PKing to PK I get really turned off to this game. And I wouldn't mind getting PKed if I had a chance at killing the person attacking me, but when you are 31/30 and the attacker is 60/70, you don't have much of a chance.

I think that Hinch's ideas about the different LEs would be cool and very useful, especially if barrels no longer killed LE users. But instead of 2 separate ones, why not one that just lets you be in a clan that functions in the same way as a normal LE? Because some of us hunt in Warzones too.

Sokaris
12-08-03, 22:25
I don't know about you guys but i have only been playing a few months i don't even have my own rare yet as well i have never come close to a million there is always something else to buy that puts you back down.. and lately the gr ganking and such when you warp in and can't use a weapon get killed at mb before you can go get cash you spend all your money warp here pay , get ganked, warp back home pay get stuff,.. it continues like this a lot. Can't even try to make some money and people killing you before you can even use a weapon is just bad form. I agree withthe real fighting and such factions on factions and team fighting and things but the whole gank and kill people when they can't even defend sucks.

I do hope for a little better of a system. I just wish there was more roleplaying to the game right now cause it seems that some guys that love to pvp are going as far as to kill allies and people of their own faction and you can not say that's not true cause it is. Until those people start to play by roleplaying there will never be a safe place hence no use in making those warzone rules you wish to make.

Scikar
12-08-03, 22:34
Originally posted by Judge
Dude, and how exactly am I going to kill that person? With a TAR? With a gattlin rifle? Just think for a second how hard that would be to find someone with a PE then kill them with a non rare weapon.

If the drop rates were as high as they were pre-165 patch then maybe the idea of no safeslots/belts would work but atm rares are just worht too much to be dropping in every fight. Unless you are a hardcore player who can spend hours at a time leveling and hunting for new rares. Or are an old player with huge existing stockpiles of rares. Of which most people in-game are neither.

Yes, with a Tangent Gatlin Rifle. If you get the drop on your opponent then you could quite easily beat him using one. Don't forget that spies also use PEs and they get them at around /50, so you could just kill one of them to get a PE.

Whilst I don't think hybrids should be put back to what they used to be at all, they're quite balanced now, I do agree with hinch's ideas on belt drops. Back when I could actually drop something valuable, death meant something, and PvP was exciting, I always got an adrenaline rush from a good fight. Now it's lost it's edge, slot 1 has numbed me to the point where fighting is almost automatic, because I don't care if I die since I'm hardly gonna lose anything I can't replace.

hinch
13-08-03, 01:24
:lol:

You want hybrids because what? KK never intended them to be that hard and had no way of nerfing them but now they've finally found a way to HIT THEM ON THE HEAD...ur bithcing about people bitching in the first place, So, whos bitching now? huh!

Yeah i would be on ooc first if i lost a 4 slot cs due to it being dropped in a belt and trust me, im no fucking carebear:angel:

The thing i dont get is you want the best of both worlds....a HL and Holy shelters....plz plz tell me why u think thats fair?, i want holy buffs on my tank in that case:rolleyes:

The thing u dont need as a monk is a REALLY GOOD HL to be hard....its rather not the same as a tank, it makes sooooo much difference.

Do you have a tank at all? if no then you really have no idea how long con takes to cap, i have a monk so dont come the 'OI!! u ever tried capping a monk??' bs cuz i know yet ur making it out u have spent decades lvl'ing a monk to be 'HIT ON THE HEAD!!' :lol: Get over it ffs.

you really are clueless arent you
fyi i have 2 capped tanks ta
i dont want best of both worlds blessed shleters and hl is fine and makes me more than killiable solo what i want is the ability to play the char ive played since beta 4.
for each tank screaming " i have to have a cs to be teh ubar" i can show ou 2 tanks that will own each of their asses using nothing but a tpc so dont talk bollocks ta
also fyi you can completely cap a tank in about a week if your serious
you CANNOT cap a monk inside of a month my current move ive had since november and STILL havent capped int.
tanks are already strong vs everything giving you holy shelters etc would be fine but then following the now implemented 60% rule kk have put in your 180 pts h-c and whatever t-c points take 60% of each others value and also 60% off your holy shelters etc

this now makes them as usefull as not having them on tada
and your cs is at 80/80 and fires 20 a minute

then you`d be the tank equivilent of a hybrid monk i will repeat something that i can guarantee you lots of people will agree with

your a clueless moron.

prove me wrong and i`ll give you a 5 slotted ultimated all artifact cs

hinch
13-08-03, 01:26
Originally posted by Tregard
Hinch,
I have been playing since the beginning of Dec. last year....with the rules you ask for I would never take out my LE and I give you free leave to call me carebear forever....because in all that time I have managed to put together one PE, one Ray of God, one Redeemer and one First Love. And I do a *lot* of hunting WBT's.

you could get all of that within 1 week if you truly were dedicated and really really needed it but the fact is you dont need rares at all ever they are so totally pointless

Tregard
13-08-03, 05:21
you could get all of that within 1 week if you truly were dedicated and really really needed it but the fact is you dont need rares at all ever they are so totally pointless

really really dedicated as in played 8 hours a day 7 days a week...
thanks but I do have a RL job you know.:(

damn banner is screwed up :mad:

QuantumDelta
13-08-03, 05:42
You also need to check your PMs more often *thinks he should put this in his sig....* :p

Sokaris
13-08-03, 06:24
Originally posted by Tregard
[B]really really dedicated as in played 8 hours a day 7 days a week...
thanks but I do have a RL job you know.:(

lol no kidding.. i would love to be that dedicated as you are to get that much however I have a full time job a gf that lives with me and a house, car, well the works.. and i like to spend some time off the computer as well enjoy that thing called sunshine.

Dedication is in the belief of the player. I play as much as I can each day as possible while still never neglecting the other things in my life that are important to me. Believe me I am as dedicated as it comes except in what you deem dedication which is all time based it appears. And yes rares aren't the end all be all but they sure are nice when you are getting beat down by guys that have all rare imps and weapons and you can't defend yourself unless you put on the best of all.. and yes I am a pistol pe i can't stand the same shit a monk or tank can.

Mankind
13-08-03, 10:16
All I will say is that if we EVER have a new system where everything drops in your quickbelt, or something like 5 or more items, I will be leveling with:

Tangent plasma cannon (built)
no implants
no armor
health packs
ammo

When I could be leveling with:

Cursed Soul
Marine, moveon, zerk 3, protochip
PA, dura4
health packs
ammo

I work hard for everything I get in this game and I feel I have earned every bit of it. And should it be fair that I lose most the stuff that took me months to get? I know if that happened, I'd be angry. So what would I do? Drop all of my stuff into the water in Via Rossa 3, cancel my subscription and leave this game forever. There needs to be some sort of safe system in the game. If you want those kind of rules go make a petition for a new server and send KK some money so they can afford it.

btw, on topic...

I want pp1 to have no copbots, but have a belt loss the way it is :)

Judge
13-08-03, 16:39
I agree completely with mankind.

Also Scikar first off, finding a spy to get the PE off would be hard. Second actually killing them would require more than _average_ skill. This is what I'm talking about, the average person. Not your typical uber person with a huge clan for backup. Then a spy with a PE will easily be able to stealth at that point so as soon as they start dying they will just stealth away and I will get nothing.

Then if I do somehow manage to kill him what are the chances that he will drop his PE? One in ten. So you reckon that I should find and kill 10 spys who can easily stealth away, using a tangent gattlin rifle. No offence or anything but get real. Its not going to happen.

Btw I love the idea of no copbots in pepper park, it would make gang wars more likely and larger which can only be a good thing, I think.

N0X
13-08-03, 19:31
Originally posted by Berzerker
The whole of Neocron should be a warzone.

I agree, It always pissed me off when i was a FA and big CA clans and other factions would raid TH and we couldnt retaliate as they dont have a stationed anarchy/warzone like CM, FA, TG, etc..

alig
13-08-03, 19:48
you really are clueless arent you
fyi i have 2 capped tanks ta
i dont want best of both worlds blessed shleters and hl is fine and makes me more than killiable solo what i want is the ability to play the char ive played since beta 4.
for each tank screaming " i have to have a cs to be teh ubar" i can show ou 2 tanks that will own each of their asses using nothing but a tpc so dont talk bollocks ta
also fyi you can completely cap a tank in about a week if your serious
you CANNOT cap a monk inside of a month my current move ive had since november and STILL havent capped int.
tanks are already strong vs everything giving you holy shelters etc would be fine but then following the now implemented 60% rule kk have put in your 180 pts h-c and whatever t-c points take 60% of each others value and also 60% off your holy shelters etc

this now makes them as usefull as not having them on tada
and your cs is at 80/80 and fires 20 a minute

then you`d be the tank equivilent of a hybrid monk i will repeat something that i can guarantee you lots of people will agree with

your a clueless moron.

prove me wrong and i`ll give you a 5 slotted ultimated all artifact cs

lmao..:lol: :lol: says fucking einstein over there....

I have a fully capped tank thank you very much...i have a fairly high rank monk thank you very much SIR....dont come the fucking bullshit with me pal...i know how long a tank takes to cap, i know how long a monk takes to cap too...both i could cap str on the tank in 1 week and i could also cap psi on the monk in 1 week...provided i have a ppu next to me for an entire week that is...WOW u have a capped monk at int 98 or wotever, AND? point there is...wot excactly? u know more than me? err nope! u know as much as i do so stfu and dont try make me out a noob.

ooooo oooo Mr.MJS give me back hybrids...ill suck ur ....di..for free, stop crying ffs, go cry on ur mummy's shoulder.

Archeus
13-08-03, 19:49
The only issue I have with a warzone is there is no FS/SL loss. The place would turn into a gank fest.

Add to "Please drop an item" in a warzone will just be a PK'ers heaven of idiots zone ganking, while turning the rest of PPI into a no-go area.

Maybe remove the copbots from PP1 except for the zone point.