PDA

View Full Version : Can Psi Use give more mana again please?

Scikar
12-08-03, 05:06
Since making psi use give less mana never really worked to cut down hybrids' pools anyway, can we have some more mana from it again now that hybrids are pretty much finished? Apus still have to stick with 300 mana even if they lom a little apu with their new PA, and that means antibuffing still doesn't work as well as it should.

Psychoninja
12-08-03, 05:09
I doubt they'd want us to have alot of mana, Imagine if you could cast Holy Firestorm and Holy Pest 2 - 3 time without having to take a booster, it'd be calling for a nerf. What we really need is a intel boost gain.

Scikar
12-08-03, 05:12
Originally posted by Psychoninja
I doubt they'd want us to have alot of mana, Imagine if you could cast Holy Firestorm and Holy Pest 2 - 3 time without having to take a booster, it'd be calling for a nerf. What we really need is a intel boost gain.

Not necessarily a lot, but enough so that antibuff doesn't drain your entire pool so quickly. The biggest problem with antibuff is that you can't just pull it and cast it in a fight, you have to pop a booster, then wait for your pool to fill before you can go. If a ppu sees you stop casting for a few secs he knows it's a fair bet you're gonna try to antibuff him.

Arcadius
12-08-03, 05:16
I doubt they'd want us to have alot of mana, Imagine if you could cast Holy Firestorm and Holy Pest 2 - 3 time without having to take a booster, it'd be calling for a nerf.

rofl

Sometimes I think I play on another server than you nin. How many apus do you see using the rare barrels in PvP?

Please tell me. I doubt anyone would complain about the occasional apu using rare barrels OMG twice in a row PvM.

Barrels(especially rare) are far too limited in PvP, that's why you BARELY see anyone use it.

I think "pure" monks should have alot of mana, they deserve it.

Since hybrids are "fixed", PSU should go back to giving more mana.

Originally posted by Scikar
Not necessarily a lot, but enough so that antibuff doesn't drain your entire pool so quickly. The biggest problem with antibuff is that you can't just pull it and cast it in a fight, you have to pop a booster, then wait for your pool to fill before you can go. If a ppu sees you stop casting for a few secs he knows it's a fair bet you're gonna try to antibuff him.

EXACTLY

FBI
12-08-03, 05:19
Wait for the crahn epic gauntlet.

Arcadius
12-08-03, 05:22
Originally posted by FBI
Wait for the crahn epic gauntlet.

:rolleyes:

Progenitor
12-08-03, 05:26
Just get rid of MST now.

Those points aren't needed as a point sink any more and the 80-odd points each monk has in MST would mean roughly 28-ish points above 100 for apu/ppu or 20-ish points above 100 for apu/ppu and 8 - 14 more for ppw.

It would allow us to naturally cap spells and mana.

-p

Lord Cypher
12-08-03, 05:29
Reakktor needs to increase PSI Mana cap from 416 to maybe 500 without the Gaya Gauntlet.

Arcadius
12-08-03, 05:30
Originally posted by Progenitor
Just get rid of MST now.

Those points aren't needed as a point sink any more and the 80-odd points each monk has in MST would mean roughly 28-ish points above 100 for apu/ppu or 20-ish points above 100 for apu/ppu and 8 - 14 more for ppw.

It would allow us to naturally cap spells and mana.

-p

Yea, and I think that would help out hybrids alot too(without overpowering TEM)

Psychoninja
12-08-03, 05:30
Originally posted by Arcadius
rofl

Sometimes I think I play on another server than you nin. How many apus do you see using the rare barrels in PvP?

Please tell me. I doubt anyone would complain about the occasional apu using rare barrels OMG twice in a row PvM.

Barrels(especially rare) are far too limited in PvP, that's why you BARELY see anyone use it.

I think "pure" monks should have alot of mana, they deserve it.

Since hybrids are "fixed", PSU should go back to giving more mana.

EXACTLY

FreeJumper, and a apu monk in crackheads who got annoying because he would do it 3 - 4 times a night (firestorm):rolleyes:
And it's pretty effective if you do it right, I would know, I saw about 3 people drop infront of me.

Run in, cast it in the corridor, where people are ALWAYS standing in, then run out. Not much PvP combat there but it sure ashell makes backpacks. It's just a cheap sneak attack, but you could always try it :rolleyes: I've stopped standing in the corridor because of that cheap tactic.

Arcadius
12-08-03, 05:35
FreeJumper, and a apu monk in crackheads who got annoying because he would do it 3 - 4 times a night (firestorm):rolleyes:
And it's pretty effective if you do it right, I would know, I saw about 3 people drop infront of me.

Run in, cast it in the corridor, where people are ALWAYS standing in, then run out. Not much PvP combat there but it sure ashell makes backpacks. It's just a cheap sneak attack, but you could always try it :rolleyes: I've stopped standing in the corridor because of that cheap tactic.

Pay attention. I never said it's completely useless, I said it's far too limited in PvP. Who cares if tehre's a great rare weapon when it's usable in like 10% of realistic fight situations.

I hope you're not referring to mayhemmike with his Pepper Park 1 zoning firestorm crap. It's nice to annoying a crowd of people. But it doesnt' work well against "aware" people who aren't turrets.

Secondly if you wanan take out 1 or 2 people, the best and most effective tactic is to attack them from a range.

Basically like I said it's wayy too limited in PvP, and even if you could cast it 2-3 times straight(let's not forget about the shit rof pls) that won't mean anything overpowering. The apu would have to stay still for 8 seconds to pull it off 3 times. C'mon Psycho. Try it yourself or ask more apus out there(who have played high level for a good while and used it extensively).

People are too quick to scream "OMG THIS WILL BE OVERPOWERED!!L LOLOLOLO" without really analyzing the situation. I remmeber when KK first introduced anti shelter on the test server and ppu monks everywhere were saying "omg i'm rerolling, ppus will be crap now, etc......."

Pwnage
12-08-03, 05:41
Originally posted by Lord Cypher
Reakktor needs to increase PSI Mana cap from 416 to maybe 500 without the Gaya Gauntlet.

BS, mana caps at 416?

fuck, I'm almost there...

Arcadius
12-08-03, 05:43
Originally posted by Pwnage
BS, mana caps at 416?

fuck, I'm almost there...

416 mana is awesome. :p I'm not too worried about the cap since I can't even reach it.

IronMonkey
12-08-03, 05:44
haha im 5 from psi cap and i only got 233 mana and im not putting another point into ppw so eh antibuffsa nd abrrels are semi useless to me

Pwnage
12-08-03, 05:45
416 mana is awesome. :p I'm not too worried about the cap since I can't even reach it.

I dunno, I always figured that's it's better to get to 100 PPW, since you waste less points than putting it all into APU, and it still does contribute to damage and other stats like APU.

I'm no expert tho, but I like my large mana pool.

Arcadius
12-08-03, 05:46
I dunno, I always figured that's it's better to get to 100 PPW, since you waste less points than putting it all into APU, and it still does contribute to damage and other stats like APU.

I'm no expert tho, but I like my large mana pool.

heh

Yea large mana pool is awesome, all apus should have that.

But i like capping damage and rof on my rares.

Pwnage
12-08-03, 05:49
Yeah, capping rares is sweet, but you know what, I've whipped quite a bit of ass using a shitty 2 slot energy halo and a 3 slot toxic beam. The ability to run cast just owns everyone, regardless of spell.

BTW, I got all my INT points into PSU... got like 180 almost with imps. Dunno about you.

IronMonkey
12-08-03, 05:50
exactly arc any apu thats tells me they have over 250 mana i just nod and smile heh

Until you have taste capped hl fa and barrel dmg you dont know what its liek to be an apu.

Only issues to me eh is well, no other class has to nerf almost everything about their charcter just to max their weapon dmg .

Id love to see what CS tanks would do if they could only shoot 7 bursts and than have to wait 30 seconds to shoot 3 more lol just because they capped their cs

and btw pwnage u dont know pwnage till u tag a tank for 215 with HL while runcasting =-p (and he isnt boosted)

196 psu atm

Arcadius
12-08-03, 05:50
Yeah, capping rares is sweet, but you know what, I've whipped quite a bit of ass using a shitty 2 slot energy halo and a 3 slot toxic beam. The ability to run cast just owns everyone, regardless of spell.

True, but capped HL ownz MORE. :p

It just does so much freaking damage.

BTW, I got all my INT points into PSU... got like 180 almost with imps. Dunno about you.

I had 205, then I lommed to hack, now i'm lomming back. I should have about 201.

Pwnage
12-08-03, 05:54
Well good to know from the experts... once I cap PSI I'll probably change it around.

Thanks guys

IronMonkey
12-08-03, 05:55
yeah thats the best bet to go with ppw up and until around the time u cap than u can talk with people and play with your setup

much cheaper point wise etc etc

Arcadius
12-08-03, 05:58
Well good to know from the experts... once I cap PSI I'll probably change it around.

Thanks guys

You don't have to change it around.

Capped Damage, High mana, they both have their advantages. You have to choose which one is more fun for you.

Btw with xp controller 3, DS, PSI core, and attack chip 3, you can have 607% on HL and have 383 mana. Unfortunately

1.It's hard to get a DS, especially with the "new" near impossible MC5.

2.You will get DESTROYED by force/piercing.

Pwnage
12-08-03, 06:04
1.It's hard to get a DS, especially with the "new" near impossible MC5.

2.You will get DESTROYED by force/piercing.

Yeah, DS is imposible for me...

And I get destroyed by anything anyways without a PPU so bla :p

Arcadius
12-08-03, 06:07

And I get destroyed by anything anyways without a PPU so bla :p

naw dude, don't take that attitude man.

First of all, pain easer will do less damage than a CS if you got a good setup.

CS you can take 3-4 bursts with a good setup.

More bursts of PE if you have a good setup. But if you use xp controller 3 AND pa3, omg man first you will have to lom some force resist for more transport. and a force modded pain easer or speedgat will rip you so fast it's not even funny.

D1A8L0
12-08-03, 06:10
Originally posted by IronMonkey
exactly arc any apu thats tells me they have over 250 mana i just nod and smile heh

Until you have taste capped hl fa and barrel dmg you dont know what its liek to be an apu.

Dunno what game u playin but i cap HL and FA with a psi 3 on and have 390 mana. Dunno about barrels yet as i dont have a rare one.

Arcadius
12-08-03, 06:11
Originally posted by D1A8L0
Dunno what game u playin but i cap HL and FA with a psi 3 on and have 390 mana.

*sigh*

D1A8L0
12-08-03, 06:16
*sigh*

Well it works for me .

As i never pvp without psi3 and for mob hunting it dont matter too much.

But too get back to topic more mana from anywhere would be nice :)

Arcadius
12-08-03, 06:18
Well it works for me .

As i never pvp without psi3 and for mob hunting it dont matter too much.

But you're comparign needing ONE class to be able to have capped damage and high mana and someone who's not using another class to have that. It's not a correct analogy.

I didn't see "you will need a ppu up your ass to get the most out of your character" under APU sub-skill description.

And alot of us don't have the luxury of always having a ppu around.

D1A8L0
12-08-03, 06:22
Well when i bought the game there was no mention of the u will be either ppu or apu either all monks were hybrid the way they should be imo (just not as overpowered as they were).

But now we do and we just gotta live with it .

Arcadius
12-08-03, 06:23

But now we do and we just gotta live with it .

Doesn't mean we can't complain if something is out of whack.

Otherwise nothing would ever get done or changed.

D1A8L0
12-08-03, 06:28
True .

But we are better of than ppu's .Ppu's cant cap the dmg on there holy shelters or heal spells at all i dont think. But not sure as i aint got my ppu lvled yet.

Pitspawn
12-08-03, 06:41
HOLY SH*T its D1A8L0!!! Heh i remember you from back in early retail. Heh you were the don back then, i remember looking at you with your three star rank and standing in awe =)

PPUs can cap almost everything it just takes good spell quality and insane PPU. The only real difference between APU/PPU for spell damage is that APUs often run around with PSI3 on them while ppus have MC3 on them. If there was a defence3 combat boost we would see ppus capping pretty much everything they own :)

Arcadius
12-08-03, 06:42
Originally posted by Pitspawn
If there was a defence3 combat boost we would see ppus capping pretty much everything they own :)

Who would cast it on them?

:D

Btw apus run around often with a psi 3 on them in op wars, would be a better suited statement. ;)

japata
12-08-03, 06:45
I cap dmg on my holy heal and if I had more slots than 2 on my holy shelter, I'd probably cap that too. But to cap those, I have gimped my mana pool to 283, which is far too low for ppu's. I'd need DS to cope with this total gimpage... that or back to PSU giving 1 point of mana per 1 point of PSU.

Pitspawn
12-08-03, 06:45
Other ppus :p But i dont think there would be many ppus who would take a psi3 (defence) over a mc3, i know i wouldnt :o

Back on topic, i think there should be a way of increasing mana regeneration. ATM its based entirely on the size of your mana pool. I dont think this makes sense. It would be cool if you could regen mana really fast but with a small pool or have a HUGE pool but regen it slowly. Maybe they could remove the influence on +psi energy from psu totally, up ppw payout slightly and in return make psu entirely effect the mana regen rate. That way with very high psu (or even druggies using +psu drugs) could get a nice regen rate without having to get 59475475 ppw.

Arcadius
12-08-03, 06:47
I agree! BRAINPORT. :p

Lanigav
12-08-03, 07:16
I'm all for either Psi Use giving for PSI energy (mana is for medival fantasy, not Neocron ;)), or getting rid of MST.

ronaz
12-08-03, 07:34
...or Give more benefits to having MST. It's a damn pointsink now, as stated before. It hurts me to even put points in it. :(

Original monk
12-08-03, 10:20
Yea, and I think that would help out hybrids alot too(without overpowering TEM)

What hybrids ? o_O i havent seen a hybrid around since the last patch, they got extincted ya see. And i dont mean a lowbie hybrid with a tl 3 heal

Dargeshaad
12-08-03, 11:39
Well my char on pluto is still hybrid and the funny thing is I have 413 in mana pool, since the only way to get decent dmg on your spells is with high PPW (I have 123 PPW). With a DS I calculated I would have around 453 in mana pool and 143 in PPW. Well if they did this to gimp hybrids then it doesn't really work anymore heh.

PS: And yes my hybrid is capped

ericdraven
12-08-03, 11:56
Originally posted by Dargeshaad
Well my char on pluto is still hybrid and the funny thing is I have 413 in mana pool, since the only way to get decent dmg on your spells is with high PPW (I have 123 PPW). With a DS I calculated I would have around 453 in mana pool and 143 in PPW. Well if they did this to gimp hybrids then it doesn't really work anymore heh.

PS: And yes my hybrid is capped

I doubt you would ever get 453 in your mana pool. ;)

Dargeshaad
12-08-03, 13:01
Well no I read about the mana cap, just pointing out it would be "possible" ;)

StoneRayne
12-08-03, 13:05
Yups. Great idea ^^ I'm all for it.. been awhile. Make PSU affect damage like before too :D

Btw.. hehe. As an APU player... I prefer having a melee3 on me rather than Psi3 ^^
Maybe I'm a loner =/

Omnituens
12-08-03, 13:50
someone mentioned removing MST

i dont agree with removing it completly, but reducing it would be nice

as would an increase in int xp gain

and a SLIGHT increase on how PSU affects PSI mana

all these ideas are good, but will KK listen? Our servey says:

X