PDA

View Full Version : M.o.v.e.-on

Cass
12-08-03, 04:58
I finally figured out why they call it a MOVE-on chip.

It's because 90% of the runners who are Biotech "MOVE-ON" to other "real" factions after they get the epic reward.

How do I know this? Because 90% of the people I try to recruit say so. Something's got to be done about this.

o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O :confused: :mad:

Smugly
12-08-03, 05:05
True....... but Biotech is a poor faction to be. Especially because of the city rift between the always powerful Tangent Tech (at least on Pluto, not totally sure but I get similar impressions on other servers) which can cause problems, as well as getting picked on by the Crahn sect. Unless factions are given a bigger part to play in the game though, I don't see the situation changing.

Psychoninja
12-08-03, 05:08
nothing wrong with faction juping, how else are you supposed to become a paladin?

Drexel
12-08-03, 05:14
What planet cass?

Arcadius
12-08-03, 05:20
Factions were poorly thought-out anyways.

Psychoninja
12-08-03, 05:31
Originally posted by Arcadius
Factions were poorly thought-out anyways.

Too many if you ask me :rolleyes:

Arcadius
12-08-03, 05:38
Originally posted by Psychoninja
Too many if you ask me :rolleyes:

I agree.

Cass
12-08-03, 05:47
Server Saturn

Crahn dont really mess with Biotech that much (some of my best hunting parties have been with Crahn in my team), but yeah there's a lotta TT PK'ers. Especially noob PK'ers. Even some who start Biotech players so they can coax other Biotech players into the BT HQ to get ganked (been happening recently).

Yeah I'm not against faction jumping... The paladin argument is a good one (although I have never seen one Paladin, or even heard of anyone going for Paladin).

What I see happening, tho, is Biotech being a faction that no one gives a shit about. And that is SOLELY because of the epic setup. Period. You don't even need to FINISH the epic to get the move--on... you get it one step early. The friendly/enemy setup is irrelivant, because EVERYONE's got enemies. TT likes being TT because Biotech is thier only city-aligned enemy, and they're crappy lowbie enemies, because no one stays in Biotech! They also like being TT because they can GR right into their HQ when they have bad SL because there's no CopBOTS, and crank out a few research missions to fix it quickly. When's the last time you've seen a *** Biotech runner? Never. If you see a ** Biotech runner, 95% it's someone just snagging a move-on real quick.

It sucks!!

Pitspawn
12-08-03, 05:52
Something's got to be done about this.

I dont think anything should be done about it. Faction epic rewards are too class biased atm to be "lock down" I still think making NCPD PA city admin only was a bad move. If they are to lock down faction epics they need to make each faction epic reward balanced for ALL classes. I would hate to see a certain class all joining one faction because the epic reward was uber but "locked down".

Too many if you ask me :rolleyes: (With regards to factions)

There wouldnt be if the population of general servers was higher. We might finally see a better faction balance if the populations of servers ever hit 1000+

Pwnage
12-08-03, 06:01
Originally posted by Pitspawn
There wouldnt be if the population of general servers was higher. We might finally see a better faction balance if the populations of servers ever hit 1000+

Hmm... I dunno about that.

Why would anyone want to be DRE, or NEXT... there's nothing to those factions. The only way factions are gonna make a difference if they make it so only runners in those factions can get access to their products...

DRE - apartments
NEXT - vehicles
Biotech - imps...
TT - Weapons...

and so on.

This would incite people more to pick a faction and stick with it.

Arcadius
12-08-03, 06:01
I dont think anything should be done about it. Faction epic rewards are too class biased atm to be "lock down" I still think making NCPD PA city admin only was a bad move. If they are to lock down faction epics they need to make each faction epic reward balanced for ALL classes. I would hate to see a certain class all joining one faction because the epic reward was uber but "locked down".

AMEN pitspawn AMEN!

SigmaDraconis
12-08-03, 06:05
agrees with pit..lock-down is stupid...and yea Faction hopping is gonna happen..KK encourages it with this Palidin shiz..

more tank epics would be nice tho hahaha :D j/k ....

Nullifidian
12-08-03, 06:11
Originally Posted by Pitspawn

Actually having certain classes flock to specific factions would be a GOOD THING.

Look at Monks and Crahn for example. In the storyline, psi monks at this point are mistrusted by everyone except other monks and members of Crahn.

Even those allied to Crahn mistrust the monks; they are allied merely because they share a common goal. TG for example wants to bring down CityAdmin, and so does Crahn. The concept here is "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". It's a lesser of two evils scenario.

Anyway, what I'm getting at is that most if not all monks should be in Crahn or Crahn allies in order to fit in with the way the story is working.

On a similar note, Tanks for the most part hate monks more than anyone else, since the monks made the gentanks only to be cannon fodder during the war. As such, most Tanks should be members of factions which are enemies with Crahn. Biotech is one such faction.

Promethius
12-08-03, 06:11
Originally posted by Pwnage

Why would anyone want to be DRE, or NEXT... there's nothing to those factions. The only way factions are gonna make a difference if they make it so only runners in those factions can get access to their products...

DRE - apartments
NEXT - vehicles
Biotech - imps...
TT - Weapons...

and so on.

Well i totally agree with the part that factions do need some better benefits but its got to be diff then imps weapons guns...cuz well there means either there would be one faction that has great combat benefits while others don't..

I jsut think there could be a better way.

Cass
12-08-03, 06:17

/set rant_post 1

I don't pretend to be able to see the future... but I'd look at the facts from all the servers that are running now and multiply them to see the expected outcome. Outcome = even worse of a problem with larger populations.

Listen, man, I'm not trying to get in anyone's face here... I'm not tryin to slam anyone, or call anyone stupid. I'm just frustrated.

Here's a couple more neat-o facts about Biotech on Saturn.

We went for over a month with NO faction counselor even listed. We went a month before that with a faction counselor who quit to go play SWG and never told anyone. Reason? No one could get organized, and no strong clans. A couple weeks ago a few of us were talking on FACTION> and wanted everyone to sound off if they were even IN Biotech with FACTION> turned on. 4 people replied. This was prime-time. I've always got FACTION turned on, and no one ever talks in it.

Next time yer in game, hit the "factions" button on the world map and see how many OP's are held by Biotech. :D:D

Why is all this?

Because Biotech is like a gaping puss-filled hole in the fleshwound that is faction/epic balance. They've set Biotech up as a stepping stone to ANY other faction in the list, especially so for tanks. At least the CA PA makes people have to stay in CA. Like I said before, you don't even have to COMPLETE the BT epic to get the reward.

/set rant_post 0

IceStorm
12-08-03, 06:26
Why would anyone want to be DRE, or NEXT... there's nothing to those factions.
In the context of roleplay, N.E.X.T. is allied or neutral with all but PP and TG and is the only one with an Epic that can be completed without PKing. N.E.X.T. is the faction for those who are not interested in choosing sides, other than ignoring the rabble in the wastes. We get access to the city and can travel to Mil Base and Tech Haven without harrassment. Realistically, how populated should a canyon wall be vs a metropolis?

Unfortunately, due to the ability of TG to waltz around NC, the playerbase gravitates to TG vs non-TG. Because TG has free access to the huge apartments in NC, they have no issue with being TG, keeping all their gear in NC, then going out and killing NC-aligned factions.

The faction system isn't necessarily broken, it has too many external workarounds. There are valid reasons to be in DRE or N.E.X.T. but since the penalities that should be in place aren't, everyone simply chooses a side that lets them either kill the most easily, or fight the rabble easily because there's no true penality for deciding to start with an apt in a canyon wall...

City vs non-City, with internal city-clan strife, is a good idea. The execution, however, has too many holes right now.

Pitspawn
12-08-03, 06:28
My biggest gripe with the faction system in neocron is how the factions situations to one another differ so greatly. Like how you can be allied to a faction but that faction is allied to your arch enemy.

Example...

Tangent Technology are allied to NEXT
NEXT are allied to Fallen Angels, who are Tangent Technologies arch enemy

Factions allied together should share common enemies. At the very least they should have neutrality upon their allies enemies. For no reason should they be allied to their allies enemy O_o

Psychoninja
12-08-03, 06:29

lol, I can already see all the monks flocking to Crahn if the gauntlet had a faction restriction :p

Cass
12-08-03, 06:32
My biggest gripe with the faction system in neocron is how the factions situations to one another differ so greatly. Like how you can be allied to a faction but that faction is allied to your arch enemy.

Example...

Tangent Technology are allied to NEXT
NEXT are allied to Fallen Angels, who are Tangent Technologies arch enemy

Factions allied together should share common enemies. At the very least they should have neutrality upon their allies enemies. For no reason should the be allied to their allies enemy O_o

Right. Was approached by a FA clan today about a formal alliance between our clans. I'd love to do it, if it werent for our friend/enemy differences. Wouldn't take a rocket scientist to realize that it would create problems later in OP battles etc.

Drexel
12-08-03, 06:43
I remind all that factions are not in their final format.

Upon release of DoY (due Nov 2002{not a typo}) all anti city clans will be KoS to copbots, DoY will be a new city, Just like Neocron for the non cities to hang out (a new plaza one) and there will be firm lines drawn in the sand.

The epics are not yet complete as TG, Chran & FA epics will involve trips into DoY, so there wont be any 'Paladins' until after DoY release.

Factions are not 'unbalanced' they are unfinished. Please start your housekeeping all non-city factions, as your Neocron city appartments wont be much use, you will be able to genrep in & out but you will be killed if you step out of the lift.

The true point of factions will only become clear once DoY is released, & thats why its delay is so plainful, its not the wait for the new weapons, mobs & vehicles, its the fact we cannot even begin to roleplay or even know why we should own an Op until this overdue release is out. Until we have DoY we are still in Beta.

@ Cass, I am head of a small but dedicated Biotech faction, we are prepared to assist all city friendly factions & moreso we are looking to help our Biotech brothers & we are on Saturn, so dont despare. Send me a PM & give me some of your ingame details, and I may be able to help you reach your dream of a more powerful Biotech.

Carinth
12-08-03, 07:28
Tsunami has two allies, Diamond and Biotech. Tsunami has four hostiles, Crahn, Black Dragon, Protopharma, and City Admin. Please explain to me how Tsunami can be "anti City." Yes we're criminals and CA would be stamping down on us... but THE REST OF THE CITY LIKES US. How can our only two allies be on the pro city side?! On the other side we're hostile to two of the anti city factions and only neutral with the rest. So lets look at this:

Tsunami Pro City - 2 hostile 2 allied
Tsunami Anti City - 2 hostile

There are of course neutrals to us on both sides. What does this seem to imply? We're NOT ANTI CITY!

I can totaly sympathise with Cass here, from Biotech's point of view, they're hostile to Tangent and allied with Tsunami. That means they're hostile to a fellow pro city faction and friendly to the enemies!

Drexel
12-08-03, 07:42
Looks like sympathies are in for a change reading into the recent neocronicles.

Blackdragons are looking to change sympathies & Fallen Angels may loose there city neutral tendancies.

All this is leading up to..... TADA ... a new faction coming into the game.

Krll
12-08-03, 11:19
Could someone post the reqs and bonuses/negatives of the move on chip please?

Or is there an URL that has it listed somewhere?

-Krll

Shockwave
12-08-03, 11:37
Ok, this is entirely from memory, so might not be that accurate, but here goes:

Biotech M.O.V.E.O.N
Minimum stats/Restrictions: none

STR +3
CON +3
Body health +18
Melee Combat +6
Heavy Combat +6
Transport +6
Resist Force +8

It's very, very nice indeed. Also, since it's an Epic, it doesn't drop in belts whil you have positive SL, and will always repair to 120/120.

Shock.

IceStorm
12-08-03, 11:41
From neocron.ems.ru:
BioTech (M.O.V.E.O.N.)-CPU M-C+6 H-C+6 TRA+6 FOR+8 HLT+18 STR+3 CON+3
The CPU has no requirements and never loses condition when repaired.

Velvet
12-08-03, 11:56

Why would anyone want to be DRE, or NEXT... there's nothing to those factions.

We started a DRE - clan for on simple reason:
There was none on Uranus....
Nowadays there are some minor clans.
And i like the idea being in the real estate business.:p

Krll
12-08-03, 12:01
Originally posted by Shockwave
Biotech M.O.V.E.O.N
Minimum stats/Restrictions: none

STR +3
CON +3
Body health +18
Melee Combat +6
Heavy Combat +6
Transport +6
Resist Force +8

It's very, very nice indeed. Also, since it's an Epic, it doesn't drop in belts whil you have positive SL, and will always repair to 120/120.

Very nice...

Gotta get me one of them. With that in, a 'Zerk 3 and 2, a Harden backbone 3, my PE will be able to use a Marine chip and be able to gun a tank without drugs...

Very nice. :)

-Krll

greendonkeyuk
12-08-03, 12:28
Rather than making epics faction locked etc..... what about giving factions a "barter" benefit to buy items made by their faction?

Perhaps,

Diamond real estate runners could sell appts cheaper (slightly) than the normal vendors, biotech sell the imps, protopharm the drugs. Fa/TT the weapons........

It wouldnt take away anythin from the bartering skill i guess for high level barterers as the benefits given wouldnt be as high as the discounts they can get, but at the same time it would allow for merchants from the different factions to peddle their wares.

All in the name of roleplay you see.

Sinead O'Connor
12-08-03, 13:39
moveon = mini marine chip....

i want mini SF chip...
mini SS chip
mini psi core chip.....

why should most [all] the epics be geared toward the tank?

enablerbr
12-08-03, 13:41
yeah the city merc epic of a speed gat is great for tanks but not for my spy. unless KK plans to release a illegal STR imp with H-C and NO negative stats effects in the future.

Omnituens
12-08-03, 13:44
i wanted KK to make the epic reward multiple choice, with mini versions of all the rare chips:

M.O.V.E.O.N CPU - Mini Marine
Inquisitor CPU - Mini Psi Core
Commando CPU - Mini Special Forces
I.Q. CPU - Mini Special Science

but i dont see this happening.

all that needs setting up is a NPC in biotech HQ that will exchange 1 moveon for any of the other chips.

but since KK hates everyone but the tanks, it wont happen.
oh well, i can hope. my spies need a dex boost without gimping their str, and this would all that.

Beanie McChimp
12-08-03, 16:01
I chose to play a spy as i saw everyone as either a tank or a monk i was originally city admin but then changed to crahn i did my city admin epic as my monk (great great great story) and recieved my ncpd pa i didn't know my str cap so i looked it up and thought shit all tha time for nothing just this piece of shit i can't use that makes you look like a rusty transformer but i thought yes i have my spy Beanie McChimp he can use this but i later moved to crahn and htought this sucks damn faction restrictions this aint fair why do i have to have my oly reward as a faction restriction why not get rid of the pnly faction restriction because when DoY comes out I could as a spy go in to nc with my ncpd pa on and infiltrate ca or ncpd hq and get info fo DoY that would add more ingame rpg storys.

libbo
12-08-03, 16:11
I made the call to join BioTech when I started playing and have been sticking with them through thick and thin - so far. I have a blast just running about trying to make a living, exploring, and interacting with other players but considering most people are driven by the desire to harvest as much of the little goodies they can from the various epics I can't really blame anyone for faction hopping.

My old clan boss (Professor - B.E.S.T.) was our faction head man for a little while on Saturn before moving on to play SWG...but that dude put out all kinds of effort to get things rolling within BioTech. For weeks we would try to hold faction meetings but the turn out was always weak as hell. I don't envy the person who takes on the job of trying to inspire some faction activity for BioTech...

I heard someone talk about the faction channel and I have to confess that I am guilty of muting it on my end. It is one thing to receive faction specific info when the need should arise but I really don't want to have to sift through all the personal bull shit that people talk about in there. I hate being left out of the loop but until players stop abusing the faction channel (have they yet?) I will still be on mute. o_O

Nullifidian
12-08-03, 16:24
Originally posted by Omnituens
i wanted KK to make the epic reward multiple choice, with mini versions of all the rare chips:

M.O.V.E.O.N CPU - Mini Marine
Inquisitor CPU - Mini Psi Core
Commando CPU - Mini Special Forces
I.Q. CPU - Mini Special Science

but i dont see this happening.

all that needs setting up is a NPC in biotech HQ that will exchange 1 moveon for any of the other chips.

but since KK hates everyone but the tanks, it wont happen.
oh well, i can hope. my spies need a dex boost without gimping their str, and this would all that.

Problem with that: all Psi chips are manufactured by Crahn, not Biotech.

Clothing_Option
12-08-03, 18:30

DRE - apartments
NEXT - vehicles
Biotech - imps...
TT - Weapons...

and so on.

IMO
it would make the game even more of a pain in the ass to play
considering u have to get poked, and have stuff res, rep and cst already. Nevermind the frequent client side crashes. It can be a real drag to get abunch of ppl together to say take ops and keep them from getting seperated and having to also wait for them to relog from crash. ALso get poked when u get killed all of this EATS Time and probably half my clan have FT jobs including myself.
Then just to add to the fun you have the time zone problem
PPL spread out alover the USA and Europe meet eachother on line for maybe a few hours tops during weekdays

alig
12-08-03, 18:45
Originally posted by Cass
Yeah I'm not against faction jumping... The paladin argument is a good one (although I have never seen one Paladin, or even heard of anyone going for Paladin).

I know someone that's done all the _current_ faction epic's the only reason you can't get Paladin is because certain factions have'nt been released yet, Anarchy Breed to name one.

Clothing_Option
12-08-03, 18:51
Originally posted by Nullifidian

Actually having certain classes flock to specific factions would be a GOOD THING.

Look at Monks and Crahn for example. In the storyline, psi monks at this point are mistrusted by everyone except other monks and members of Crahn.

Even those allied to Crahn mistrust the monks; they are allied merely because they share a common goal. TG for example wants to bring down CityAdmin, and so does Crahn. The concept here is "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". It's a lesser of two evils scenario.

Anyway, what I'm getting at is that most if not all monks should be in Crahn or Crahn allies in order to fit in with the way the story is working.

On a similar note, Tanks for the most part hate monks more than anyone else, since the monks made the gentanks only to be cannon fodder during the war. As such, most Tanks should be members of factions which are enemies with Crahn. Biotech is one such faction. [/B]

Yeah i understand ur pov but thats the story line--- in game the realities of play are that pple of dif classes have to have a symbiotic relation ship to play.
Also the problems with the factions arent that their are too many its that their just simply arent enough ppl playing the game and thats a major prob. On any given day i could jump on a hovertec and travel in any direction and see vast fields of emptyness zone after zone after zone after zone. IMO on Pluto theres probly a dozen clans very active and the rest are casual players. And so those dozen clans are pluto

I think another problem with the game is that theres too much u have to find out about the game from other sources and not the manuall in terms of how to play it. Also the long rampup time to get char to the point where u can do anything fun.

Kendo Averly
12-08-03, 18:52
Originally posted by Psychoninja
nothing wrong with faction juping, how else are you supposed to become a paladin?

IMO that should be removed.

Voodoochicken
12-08-03, 18:55
I don't know if it's true, but I heard that you couldn't be a paladin yet because the temporary epics "don't count".

ie.. when DoY is completed, the temp epics will be replaced by the proper ones.

I don't really know though.

btw.. I'm a biotech (spy)... I need that moveon cpu.. .then I'm buggering off to a much more interesting faction (not decided which yet).

All I have to do is kill a TG runner higher lvl than me, somehow.

Disturbed021
12-08-03, 19:06
Well I don't know what they were thinking with the epics.
They want ppl to hop factions to get the epics (cause if I'm a Tank in Crahn I'ma hop to Bio-tech), lock one (just one), and don't release all the non-NC factions until later (DoY whenever that gets released).
I remember the day they released the epics, half of the clan I was in was no longer there....and every day after that more ppl left. Was ugly:(

I thought I saw some where that they were working on Faction Only items, not Epics, but Items only runners in that Faction can buy?
For a game with Factions, Clans and OP wars they should discourage Faction hoping imo, not encourage it by having little variety in each factions epic item(s).

Cass
12-08-03, 19:32
OK imagine this... There are no epic rewards, only epics (bear with me). There are exactly 0 active players in all factions (also bear with me). Add an epic reward to one faction that is easy to get at lower levels, and geared towards tanks. (BT) Then add epic rewards for another faction that can only be used effectively by higher level players. In fact its favored by a lot of tanks. (TT, CA, CM and possibly even PP, and who knows how many more once they get the rest of the epics in). Show people what's involved to get all the available epic rewards and watch the order they get the rewards.

The above is what's happening now, on every server.

What I know of epics in other MMORPG's is simple. The epic rewards are based on the character's class. Each epic takes a maxed or near maxed player to complete (hence EPIC). Each epic reward is usable by that class only, and is so valuable that no one would even think of trading it away. Epic rewards lose overall quality over time, knowing that sooner or later the world will be flooded with them. Epics are in turn balanced because every maxed <insert class here> has the same stats as the others, therefore the only difference in 2 maxed (epic complete) players is the way the players chose to spend their EXP points, and the actual SKILL of the player.

What I know of epics in Neocron is also simple. The epic rewards can be used by almost any class. Each epic is easy to do and can be completed by any character class in a few days of dedicated play - You don't even have to be close to maxed. The epic reward is not tied to the character class; a monk gets an item that's suited for a tank, for example, and sells this (useless to him) epic reward to the highest bidder. These epic rewards never degrade, also. One that was gotten 12 months ago is still in-game and shows absolutely no sign of wear, and can be repaired to original condition whenever the player wants to. Now the only difference between two maxed players is NOT the way the players chose to spend their EXP points, and the skill of the actual player. It's also what epic items they've been able to BUY. Or...... What they've been able to collect.. by starting their character in one faction then moving to another after they get the reward.

All you people who think "wait for the rest of the factions to get put in, it will all even out" are dead wrong. The faction rewards aren't arranged in a circle, they're linear. Adding the remaining faction rewards won't make the circle bigger, it will make the line longer. You'll never see players going to CM --> TT --> PP --> CA --> BT. Biotech's at the beginning of the line, and hence my whole reason for starting this thread.

I'm also equally concerned about the remaining epic rewards, and that KK will repeat this whole problem on one or more of them, making some of the other factions useless other than an "epic reward" faction and nothing more. Why? Because it's happening now.

Dribble Joy
12-08-03, 19:34
Originally posted by Drexel
Looks like sympathies are in for a change reading into the recent neocronicles.

Blackdragons are looking to change sympathies & Fallen Angels may loose there city neutral tendancies.

All this is leading up to..... TADA ... a new faction coming into the game.

KK have exprssed that they WILL NOT change any of the faction alegances/neutralities/hostilities with the release of DoY.
However with a new storyline editior a few weeks ago this may change.

Originally posted by enablerbr
yeah the city merc epic of a speed gat is good for tanks but not for my spy

The City merc faction is, as someone pionted out with Biotech, a tank faction. Gatlin guns are their trade mark weapon.
Haveing a choice with epics would be nice, like someones idea with the moveon chip. But we loose faction diversity.

City Mercs --> Primarily Tanks
Crahn --> Monks
CA --> Spys/PEs
Biotech --> Tanks
FA --> spys

etc.

Omnituens
12-08-03, 20:39

hmmm good point.

how about, this was a prototype chip, and the plans where stolen by Crahn spys to make the psi core.

c'mon stop being biased towards tanks KK! :mad:

Nullifidian
12-08-03, 20:53
Originally posted by Omnituens
hmmm good point.

how about, this was a prototype chip, and the plans where stolen by Crahn spys to make the psi core.

c'mon stop being biased towards tanks KK! :mad:

No, just make it that the Crahn Epic give the Psi equivilent of a MOVE-on chip.

Of course, with the penalties associated with PPU on APU, and visa versa, you'd have a net gain of fuck all with such a chip.

Instead perhaps there could be 2 chips, one for APU and one for PPU and you'd get to choose. Make the chip faction locked, and you'd get a lot more monks in Crahn and a lot fewer monks elsewhere.

Like it should be.

Omnituens
12-08-03, 21:30
Of course, with the penalties associated with PPU on APU, and visa versa, you'd have a net gain of fuck all with such a chip.

the PA removes loads of the opposite skill, so you can use it without it affecting your 'pureness'

Rizzy
12-08-03, 21:34
c'mon stop being biased towards tanks KK!

I don't think KK are biased. I think they just have problems with balancing. Infact I don't see too much wrong with tanks right now, they certainly aren't the most used class and have a very narrow limit of things they can do.

Promethius
12-08-03, 21:52
Originally posted by Rizzy
I don't think KK are biased. I think they just have problems with balancing. Infact I don't see too much wrong with tanks right now, they certainly aren't the most used class and have a very narrow limit of things they can do.

very true. Tanks can kill adn thats pretty much it. Just cuz they are decent at wat there meant to do doesn't mean KK is biased

Sinead O'Connor
12-08-03, 21:55
Originally posted by Promethius
very true. Tanks can kill adn thats pretty much it. Just cuz they are decent at wat there meant to do doesn't mean KK is biased

the surgeon general says eating lead paint can cause brain damage. go figure.

Lord Cypher
12-08-03, 23:18
Originally posted by alig
I know someone that's done all the _current_ faction epic's the only reason you can't get Paladin is because certain factions have'nt been released yet, Anarchy Breed to name one.

Not true. Anarchy Breed right now is Non-Playable. You can still get the Paladin title, you just need to email helpdesk to get it once you completed all the epic runs for the factions.

Cass
13-08-03, 00:43
Originally posted by Lord Cypher
Not true. Anarchy Breed right now is Non-Playable. You can still get the Paladin title, you just need to email helpdesk to get it once you completed all the epic runs for the factions.

Hmmm that made me think of something. If and when they make Anarchy Breed a playable faction, will they also make Trader Union a playable faction?

bd*
13-08-03, 01:03

Mabey the Crahn Monks at the abbey could enchant it for you :confused:

neophotographer
13-08-03, 02:12
Originally posted by Cass
Hmmm that made me think of something. If and when they make Anarchy Breed a playable faction, will they also make Trader Union a playable faction?

no Traders Union has been specified to be the faction that all the NPC's use so that by killing NPC's you lose SL.

Stacey, The Neocron Photographer

Promethius
13-08-03, 02:26
wat faction is hostile to trader union again =P

enablerbr
13-08-03, 05:24
Originally posted by Promethius
wat faction is hostile to trader union again =P

what ever faction has dumb tanks runing around with toys a blaze. :p

Leebzie
16-08-03, 15:13
Locking down items will deliver the death blow to factions.

Half the factions in cron... if not 75% would drop to 0 members. There are few who would stay with a faction if it meant lowering thier own power... i certainly wouldnt. Also , im gonna be damn angry cause im goin for paladin and i want to keep all the epic items ive earned on the way !!! on retail ive done 9 epics. (7 of which are real epics and will go past the reset)

Paladin is difficult because of the faction symps , not really the epics. There should be a paladin super item , the very best item in the game , which has req's "All factions : epic completion" maybe a suit of VERY uber pa. and I say VERY because paladin is not a walk in the park , its a bitch to get to cause of the faction symps.

With each epic item the requirement should be "Faction epic : completed" therefore if youd taken the time/money to do the epic (and switch faction very often) you could use it.

I know several people who really dont care at all for CA who are in it just for the armor. its going to damage factions even more if people are joining solely for material desires...:(

ezza
16-08-03, 15:19
if the locked the factions prizes down to faction only them, id have to have my monk in crahn and my tank in biotech.

which would be shit.

i can understand the CA pa being city admin only, but they should of picked something diffrent for CA so that it wasnt justfaction only, and had that PA availible though other means, some other quest that maybe CA masters only could do.

and if those factions that noone goes to were more attractive to join then people would, but who want to join a real estate faction, or a chemical company, they sound crap, gangsters like blackdragon or terrorist(freedom fighter which ever you prefere:p ) or City mercs they sound like good factions.

neophotographer
16-08-03, 16:06
Originally posted by ezza
and if those factions that noone goes to were more attractive to join then people would, but who want to join a real estate faction, or a chemical company, they sound crap, gangsters like blackdragon or terrorist(freedom fighter which ever you prefere:p ) or City mercs they sound like good factions.

well, me for one. I am on the High Council of a PP clan in pluto. we're a neutral clan to everyone, havign alliances with quite a few of the major clans, and we keep working on getting more. I like PP because of it's neutrality so I don't get killed by runners very often, or shot at by them even. even the factions hostile to me don't shoot at me because the 2 main clans in those factions, the clan eladers re both very good friends of mine. :) Not everyone wants to kill people in this game. thsi game isn't SOLELY based on killing people. it is an element, but not the most important thing. for me at least. I just prefer to sit back and watch others do the fighting.

Stacey, The Neocron Photographer, PGN High Council

Carinth
16-08-03, 22:37
Originally posted by neophotographer
well, me for one. I am on the High Council of a PP clan in pluto. we're a neutral clan to everyone, havign alliances with quite a few of the major clans, and we keep working on getting more. I like PP because of it's neutrality so I don't get killed by runners very often, or shot at by them even. even the factions hostile to me don't shoot at me because the 2 main clans in those factions, the clan eladers re both very good friends of mine. :) Not everyone wants to kill people in this game. thsi game isn't SOLELY based on killing people. it is an element, but not the most important thing. for me at least. I just prefer to sit back and watch others do the fighting.

You are right that some will stay, but they will be vastly outnumbered by those that change. I absolutely love being Tsunami, despite the problems with alliances and how I end up fighting neutrals most of the time. Yet when it comes to choosing, I would have to go crahn to stay competative. It's utterly stupid to reward those who don't care about their faction and punish those who do care. EACH FACTION SHOULD SUPPORT ITS MEMBERS NOT JUST ONE PORTION OF ITS MEMBERS. The Crahn Church may treat Tanks as inferior, but it still values them. I see no reason at all why Crahn would not want to infer some bonus for it's Tanks. Though granted it would not be as nice as a City Merc reward, but there should be something. If Tsunami gave something to benefit Monks I would happily stay Tsunami, it doesn't hafta be as good as the Crahn bonus, but it's something! Then I would feel rewarded for being Tsunami instead of abandoned.

Breschau
16-08-03, 23:09
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
City Mercs --> Primarily Tanks

CityMercs appears to be primarily PEs - they're not quite as slim built as a spy, but they're all using gatlin rifles - not generally a tank's choice of weapon. All the contact person npcs have the PE appearance too, if memory serves.

Either way, an effective military force is going to also want hackers, field mechanics, medics, special forces and shock troops (apu psi monks). It doesn't seem totally unreasonable that they'd support those non-grunt positions. Similar principles apply to most other factions.

And on an unrelated note:

Problem for players who like consistency in the game world, but really not a problem for KK. Just look around at other items in the world with brand names.. then look at who sells them (exclusively) ;)

neophotographer
17-08-03, 03:26
Originally posted by Carinth
You are right that some will stay, but they will be vastly outnumbered by those that change. I absolutely love being Tsunami, despite the problems with alliances and how I end up fighting neutrals most of the time. Yet when it comes to choosing, I would have to go crahn to stay competative. It's utterly stupid to reward those who don't care about their faction and punish those who do care. EACH FACTION SHOULD SUPPORT ITS MEMBERS NOT JUST ONE PORTION OF ITS MEMBERS. The Crahn Church may treat Tanks as inferior, but it still values them. I see no reason at all why Crahn would not want to infer some bonus for it's Tanks. Though granted it would not be as nice as a City Merc reward, but there should be something. If Tsunami gave something to benefit Monks I would happily stay Tsunami, it doesn't hafta be as good as the Crahn bonus, but it's something! Then I would feel rewarded for being Tsunami instead of abandoned.

oh I agree with you completly. :) I wasn't really saying anything about the epics, because I think all episc should reward each class, and everyone should be able to use epic items, not just faction specific. I was just commenting on him saying no one ever plays PP or such because it's a peaceful faction.