PDA

View Full Version : Don't feed the trolls.

kurai
11-08-03, 23:57
*sigh* It's worth repeating ...

Learn to use the "Ignore" button in the profile of wandering trolls.

There are a few people's posts I thankfully don't see any more because it simply isn't worth the half second of my life each time to skip whatever pointless troll they feel like posting on any given day.

You can always tell they are around, even so, because people will insist on quoting them in their own posts, and you can almost watch the threads explode in length (although notably *not* in worthwhile content) before your very eyes.

I've been around the internet/usenet/mailing-lists/irc/forums blah blah a *long* time, and seen a million of that type come, and a million go.

Don't waste your time responding - they exist purely to suck your life away into the black hole of whatever compulsive psychosis they suffer.

You'll never change them by rational argument or logic, or appeals to their better nature, or by flaming - their aim is simply to goad you into response - the topic and content is utterly irrelevant.

Just give it up as a lost cause, people, and move on.

The nature of the internet being what it is there will be another one along in 30 seconds anyway.

Arcadius
11-08-03, 23:58
Originally posted by kurai
This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click [here]

j/k :p

HellHound
12-08-03, 00:01
ROFL @ Arc... :lol:

But I wonder what made you repeat this - guess theres a recent thread I haven't come across... yet. ;)

Chaplin
12-08-03, 00:05
He read Shujin's anti-homo shit in the "hilarious pictures" thread... :angel:

QuantumDelta
12-08-03, 00:06
Some people are a little bitter and need to work a few things out, it's probably even harder for them to do that with everyone on their back.

Sheesh.....

Helen Angilley
12-08-03, 00:10
Mob Mentaility>All.

Even if someone claims to be "ignoring" another they will always reply to that person's post/s'.

\\Fényx//
12-08-03, 00:12
Fenyx..are you really getting that tired of being able to access the forums?

--Garm

QuantumDelta
12-08-03, 00:12
@Helen Hmm, maybe you'n'I should do a deal :P

@ Fenyx

CRUEL :P

Krll
12-08-03, 00:14
Originally posted by Arcadius
j/k :p

Ahhh! If that is displayed, I might start using that function on some people. I thought it just completely hid their post making threads seem disjointed.

@Fenyx... that's some bad shit... :( Funny, but bad. :)

-Krll

\\Fényx//
12-08-03, 00:15
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
@ Fenyx

CRUEL :P

Thank You :)

Chaplin
12-08-03, 00:16
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
EVERYONE PRESS THIS (http://neocron.jafc.de/member2.php?s=&action=addlist&userlist=ignore&userid=13349) LINK !

funniest

joke

ever

O_o

Nidhogg
12-08-03, 00:18
Can we not harass other forum users please? By all means put people on ignore or, better yet, put across a meaningful counter-argument. It's up to you.

N