PDA

View Full Version : Whats kks Policy on " Trade hax "

MayhemMike
11-08-03, 23:23
I do this all the time . If you do not know what this is , it's where when you kill someone you ress/he gets ress , you open trade with him after he opens his belt but before he gets his item then you go for his belt .What do you think about this ? The reason why i bring it up is because i just got a 2 slot Fire Apoc ;D. What do you think ?

Lord Cypher
11-08-03, 23:25
Hrm.. I like the idea, funny as hell, but just so wrong. Go for it :lol:

Drake6k
11-08-03, 23:27
that's cheap...

I dont think it could work very well even.

MayhemMike
11-08-03, 23:28
Drake , Seeing how most people are stupid. Every time i do it i get there belt . Some times good some times shiet. but you never know... hax0rs

/edit i spelled stupid wrong ^_-

Ozambabbaz
11-08-03, 23:32
sounds like a gay thing...does the trade-block "save" so it's still in effect after a rezzing/GR?

Helen Angilley
11-08-03, 23:33
Originally posted by MayhemMike
Drake, seeing as how I'm stupid enough to spread this all over the forum, either the exploit, or I, will be gone soon.

Psycho Killa
11-08-03, 23:34
Mike your a complete idiot to post this on the forums.

Its just common friggen sense that you shouldnt be aloud to do it.

Next time

A. (Inappropriate) Keep it to your god damn self and use it all you want til someone else points it out and it gets fixed

B. (appropriate) Quitely submt a bug report in hopes that it will be fixed by next patch (AHAHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAH excuse me..)

Marx
Helen - spread your angst elsewhere.

Ste-X
SEX TO HELEN

MayhemMike
lol pk ;p

\\Fényx//
11-08-03, 23:35
Yea mike you annoying lil shite :p you keep doing that to me after I hack warbots :(

Darth Slayer
11-08-03, 23:35
:lol: H'mmm Nice one Helen. Mayhem get some hack skill and do it properly like almost everyone else.

Rizzy
11-08-03, 23:36
Surely if resskilling is legal because both ressing and killing is ok then this is fine? trading is legal and so is opening someones belt :p

MayhemMike
11-08-03, 23:37
Opening trade isant an exploit so opening a trade to get should not be an exploit and helen , dont quote me on things i didnt say . So stop harrasing me before i report you .

kurai
It's what Alt+K is there for (as well as other similar lowlife stunts)

hnlecter
This is why I usually don't extend any kind notions to any one.

Scikar
Trading someone is allowed, and taking an item from inside a container is allowed, so therefore this must be, in the same way that rezzing someone is allowed, so is PKing, hence rezkilling is allowed.

And mis-quoting people is not a very mature way of making a point.

MayhemMike
11-08-03, 23:38
OMFG KURAI WHY DID YOU HAVE TO SAY IT !

Archeus
yep.. Can I have your boots when they ban you?

Xian
Originally posted by Marx
Helen - spread your angst elsewhere.

She's modifying a quote instead of responding with a similar sentence; how is that spreading her angst? Geez. Seems to me like a lot of people feel the overwhelming urge to pick on her sometimes. =/

Anyway. Personally, I think if you can do it, it's part of the game and people will have to put up with it unti/ifl it's changed by KK.

Photcron
11-08-03, 23:39
-=-

Whoa, well that's pretty evil.

-=-
--
Photcron

Helen Angilley
11-08-03, 23:40
Opening trade isant an exploit so opening a trade to get should not be an exploit and helen , dont quote me on things i didnt say . So stop harrasing me before i report you .

OMG HARASSER1!111

Oh please. :rolleyes:

I may have "mis-quoted" you but it's, in effect, what you were saying.

Iffy Boatrace
Here here and a hurumph to all.

Tis been around long enough without those reakktor chaps doing diddly about it. Seems to me to be a prefectly good way to seperate a pleeb from his loot.

TTFN

kurai
Originally posted by Xian
She's modifying a quote instead of responding with a similar sentence; how is that spreading her angst? Geez. Seems to me like a lot of people feel the overwhelming urge to pick on her sometimes. =/ Well ... that's mainly because she's as annoying as fuck.

Rizzy
11-08-03, 23:41
Hes done it to me plenty of times, just for a laugh and I don't mind it.

kurai
OMFG KURAI WHY DID YOU HAVE TO SAY IT ! Because it's a shithead stunt, and I don't like seeing it.

Marx
[ edited - I asked you not to mis-quote any more... ]

:rolleyes:

Helen Angilley
11-08-03, 23:42
Originally posted by kurai
Well ... that's mainly because she's as annoying as fuck.

Not my fault people are too stupid to control themselves.

It's like baiting Fish in a barrel.

Psycho Killa
11-08-03, 23:42
Gah Now im torn....

One hand its just like letting someone unlock a safe then pushing them out of the way in real life......

Then again in real life there isnt a stupid trade button and if this was real life a box wouldnt pop up in my face distracting me from grabbing the safe before someone else.....

Its s tough call but imma say even if its not illegal/exploiting its certainly horribly cheap.

\\Fényx//
11-08-03, 23:43
Rizzy
aka. Obdurate

:cool:

MayhemMike
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
Im Stupid . I don't know anything i'm going to get out of Mikes thread and stop flaming

kthxbye

Psycho Killa
AHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAH

Xian
11-08-03, 23:44
Originally posted by kurai
Well ... that's mainly because she's as annoying as fuck.

I'm annoying as fuck. There are plenty of 'annoying as fuck' people on here, but I don't see everyone lashing out at every available opportunity towards them, or else there would be uproar on the forums.

Originally posted by Scikar
Trading someone is allowed, and taking an item from inside a container is allowed, so therefore this must be, in the same way that rezzing someone is allowed, so is PKing, hence rezkilling is allowed.

That's pretty much what I wanted to say. :p

And mis-quoting people is not a very mature way of making a point.

In all honesty, how many times do you see mature ways of making points outweigh the immature, annoying comments that reside here?

Scikar
11-08-03, 23:44
:lol: :lol: :lol:

\\Fényx//
11-08-03, 23:45
Rofl, misquoting and posting something that may be seen as a cheap exploit, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA !! :lol:

we wub ya mike

MayhemMike
:)

Ste-X
HEY IM HELEN ANGILLEY IM OVISLY BETTER THAN EVERY ONCE COS I WAS ONCE WAS MOD AND I PRETEND IM A WOMAN

Helen Angilley
Just like Shujin I will make a half-arsed, usually illiterate, "point" by making a complete and utter hypocrite out of myself.

Disturbed021
I do this all the time. What do you think ?
:rolleyes: If I said what I thought about it I would prolly be banned. :p Just sounds like a dirty trick to me....nothing illegal or exploitive bout it.

Seriously tho, if you do it all the time, the ppl letting u ress them should be slapped sooooo damn hard. If u die and you don't have a PPU (on your side) that is gonna res u right away or fairly quickly, pick a damn GR foo.

Scikar
11-08-03, 23:46
Originally posted by Xian
In all honesty, how many times do you see mature ways of making points outweigh the immature, annoying comments that reside here?

That's irrelevant. Helen made a point of saying Mike had no self control, yet she is the one stooping to the immature level.

Marx
Not my fault people are too stupid to control themselves.

Naw - you have problems and you like inflicting them, or their after effects on other people.

May I refer you to a drug called prozac, or if you're the all natural type, St. Johns Wort is supposedly just as effective.

Kugero
<-- passes popcorn to the left

MayhemMike
11-08-03, 23:47
ok lets stop flaming before nid gets home =\

Rizzy
11-08-03, 23:47
*takes the popcorn*

hey, i just lost my '1337' posts :(

Helen Angilley
11-08-03, 23:48
That's irrelevant. Helen made a point of saying Mike had no self control, yet she is the one stooping to the immature level.

That's also irrevelant.

I'm not prattling on about being mature and how people are harassing me. :rolleyes:

\\Fényx//
Originally posted by Kugero
<-- passes popcorn to the left

Thanx, who wants some cheesy nacho's ?

MayhemMike
http://www.tekzoned.com/instest/ just for shits and giggles

Scikar
I can't make a reasonable, mature argument so I misquote everyone because I can't think of anything to say.

MayhemMike
11-08-03, 23:49
LOL , So true.

Ste-X
11-08-03, 23:50
That's also irrevelant.

I'm being imature and trying to flame people so they will start harassing me. :rolleyes:

Helen Angilley
11-08-03, 23:51
I am another person like Shujin, that is to say I complain, screech and whine about Helen doing something...then i go and do it myself.

But apparently it's justified because I aren't accused of trolling with each and every post I make.

\\Fényx//
11-08-03, 23:51
Only one kinda thread gets this big this fast....

its called.....

SPAAAAM !!!and we love it

MayhemMike
11-08-03, 23:52
Come on guys , This is a ligit question .

Scikar
11-08-03, 23:52
I think what I'm doing is OK so therefore how can I complain about Scikar doing it?

Ste-X
11-08-03, 23:53
I once had 2 forum accounts one was a mod so i could flame people then if i got to upset i would close the thred and ban the person who dares flame me

Marx
11-08-03, 23:54
Hey Helen, here's the issue at hand.

Shujin won, you lost. (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71436&perpage=15&pagenumber=1). Now you're mad.

edit:

My opinion is that it is extremely lame......but then again what else can be expected from the person doing it.

w3rd.

Arcadius
Originally posted by everyone
I'm placing more emphasis on helen's way of arguing then the exploit mayhemmike is doing

Originally posted by Budfan8
My opinion is that it is extremely lame......but then again what else can be expected from the person doing it.

EXACTLY!

Budfan8

Disturbed021
Dude, wheres the cheesy nachos? Me = hungry :( and all this talk of spam and popcorn and cheesy nachos.......

Helen Angilley
11-08-03, 23:55
Scikar:

I can easily complain about other people doing it, simply because, unlike you and the dozens of other posters that jump on the smalelst of things I say, my original viewpoint wasn't "OMG YUR SO IMMATUER FOR DOIGNTAT!11"...or something equally inane.

Kugero
11-08-03, 23:55
@Mayhem:

imo you're not breaking the letter of the law just the spirit ...

It's up to you but I think the right thing to do would be to not take advantage of the other person in such a way, especially if they're unaware that this kind of thing could happen ...

anyway.

Anybody want some twizzlers?

/edit: minor grammar fixes (ha - yea right)

Ste-X
11-08-03, 23:58
i use clever words to make other people feel bad where as i am a sad person who never goes out who lives in regret of being a banned forum mod and now i pose as a woman on aol teen date chat rooms

Scikar
11-08-03, 23:58
Scikar:

I can easily complain about other people doing it, simply because, unlike you and the dozens of other posters that jump on the smalelst of things I say, my original viewpoint wasn't "OMG YUR SO IMMATUER FOR DOIGNTAT!11"...or something equally inane.

This is the first time I've ever criticised what you've said, and it's only because that mis-quoting stuff you do really irks me. Look through my posts and you'll find I always try to keep a level head, I don't flame or troll. You on the other hand, seem to love posting just to piss people off.

Disturbed021
12-08-03, 00:00
/snags twizzlers and devours them.
Thx mate. *burp
Now where are those cheesy nachos damnit....

Helen Angilley
12-08-03, 00:00
This is the first time I've ever criticised what you've said, and it's only because that mis-quoting stuff you do really irks me. Look through my posts and you'll find I always try to keep a level head, I don't flame or troll. You on the other hand, seem to love posting just to piss people off.

If it wasn't so easy to piss people off, and they would exert a little self control, then there would no need for it.

But as long as people insist on taking even a little "hello" as trolling...well, I have every right to continue.

I can't be blamed for anyone's in-ability to handle a Troll....besides, I find it hilarious how a lot of people already notorious for flaming and trolling have joined the little "we hate Helen" crusade. :lol:

Marx
12-08-03, 00:02
ONOS!

Helen's the victim now!

Arcadius
Yea helen but it sounds like you're admitting you purposely troll which isn't good IMO. First it can get you in trouble, second does it make you any different than teh very people you flame?

THis isn't a flame btw.

Chaplin
Originally posted by Kugero
@Mayhem: It's up to you but I think the right thing to do would be to not take advantage of the other person in such a way, especially if they're unaware that this kind of thing could happen ...

Originally posted by Budfan8

In the end it's a character thing...

Scikar
12-08-03, 00:03
If it wasn't so easy to piss people off, and they would exert a little self control, then there would no need for it.

But as long as people insist on taking even a little "hello" as trolling...well, I have every right to continue.

I can't be blamed for anyone's in-ability to handle a Troll....besides, I find it hilarious how a lot of people already notorious for flaming and trolling have joined the little "we hate Helen" crusade. :lol:

If you ever said "Hello" people wouldn't hate you so much. Instead you seem to disagree with people just for the hell of it. There is absolutely no need for it and I find it appalling that someone who was once given the responsibility of being a moderator would break the forum rules so often.

Helen Angilley
12-08-03, 00:04
Originally posted by Arcadius
Yea helen but it sounds like you're admitting you purposely troll which isn't good IMO. First it can get you in trouble, second does it make you any different than teh very people you flame?

THis isn't a flame btw.

I don't give a toss about being "any different" from the other flamers.

My point is that they shouldn't be whining about what I'm doing if they do it themselves...especially the ones who have banned for such things in the past.

Yes, I do admit to flaming and trolling...which is a damn sight more a lot of people here are capable of doing.

Ste-X
12-08-03, 00:05
I get so easy piss off

I can be blamed for my in-ability to handle being kicked as a forum mod....besides, I find it hilarious how a lot of people already notorious for flaming me that i wanted banned as a gm have made "we hate Helen" crusade. :lol:

Mumblyfish
Helen, you're my hero.

You show those hoodlums the what for, pardner!

Marx
The thread you tried to hijack from Shujin was useful, now my question is... Why Helen? Why?

\\Fényx//
12-08-03, 00:06
CLOSE THIS BLOODY THREAD BEFORE THERES MASS GENOCIDE !!!

bloody 60 second posting rule... gets me every post :D

Scikar
I don't give a toss about being "any different" from the other flamers.

My point is that they shouldn't be whining about what I'm doing if they do it themselves...especially the ones who have banned for such things in the past.

Yes, I do admit to flaming and trolling...which is a damn sight more a lot of people here are capable of doing.

Exactly, they do what you do and get banned, yet you are allowed to do the same without penalty.

Helen Angilley
If you ever said "Hello" people wouldn't hate you so much. Instead you seem to disagree with people just for the hell of it. There is absolutely no need for it and I find it appalling that someone who was once given the responsibility of being a moderator would break the forum rules so often.

As I said, I stepped down from being a Moderator when I ended up with a rap-sheet, therefore that "OMG Helen shouldnt have beena MOD!" argument is fruitless.

Likewise...it doesn't matter what I post, an opinion, advice...whatever, someone (Who accuses me of flaming and trolling, funnily enough) will always turn into something that turns the Thread in H vs Everyone.

I don't give a damn about the flaming, I just find it pathetic that the people doing the flaming and trolling have the nerve to deny that they're doing it, trying to lump all the blame on me.

This place suffers from "mob mentality" far too often, in more ways than one.

Arcadius
12-08-03, 00:07
Bleh, Fenyx is right this thread should be closed.

Mumblyfish
12-08-03, 00:07
Closed like a fox on fire.

Ste-X
12-08-03, 00:08
I don't give a toss about being "any different" from the other flamers , just i feel it is my right as being an ex forum mod

My point is that they shouldn't be whining about what I'm doing if they do it themselves...especially because i had 2 accounts to stop other people flaming me before. the ones who i banned for such things in the past.

\\Fényx//
I predict 3 bannings from this thread... 4 if i keep this up :D

Rizzy
Whilst this thread is very funny, might be best to close it

Disturbed021
12-08-03, 00:09
Not until I get my cheesy nachos....oh nvm, I just got em. mmmmmm, yummy.

N-
kill this thread please....it appears pretty damned pointless from the get go :rolleyes:

Marx
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
Closed like a fox on fire.

http://www.foxfirecampground.com/art/logo.gif

Yay! Marshmellows!

\\Fényx//
Originally posted by Rizzy
one last post before lockage.

I might hit 2000 soon 8|

I hear teh Hammur comming guys, run for t3h hills :lol:

MayhemMike
naw i got it rizzy

Ste-X
Originally posted by Rizzy
this thread is very funny, might be best to ban helen

Chaplin

Yes, because of posting an exploit...

MayhemMike
12-08-03, 00:10
It's not an exploit .

HellHound
12-08-03, 00:12
Ah WTF, it's late and I can't be bothered to post a valid contibution to this thread, plus nobody would care at this point anyway. Everyone else is misquoting so why can't I?

Chaplin
12-08-03, 00:14
It's not an exploit .

At least we are back on topic, arn't we? ;)

Hope you are right, if you are not you're gone..

Opiate
12-08-03, 00:15
I pray for the day that deliberate misquoting becomes a bannable offense on these forums :rolleyes:

Oh, and it sure smells like an exploit to me, maybe you should've contacted a GM about this before plastering it all over the forums

Ste-X
12-08-03, 00:17
Originally posted by Ragnarok
Yah, true.

Guys, this has gone far enough. You _know_ what happens to a Thread when it descends into flaming other Clans and Runners.

-Ragnarok

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70613&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Mumblyfish
12-08-03, 00:18
Let's all go to the Fark.com school of JUMPING ON THE FUCKING BANDWAGON! Hooray! Hooray! HOO-RAY!

"Misquote" me and I shall mansex not one... but TWO of your holes!

Rizzy
12-08-03, 00:18
wow, helen flames the clan situation on pluto and then closes the thread because of people doing the same thing.

Helen Angilley
12-08-03, 00:19
Originally posted by Ste-X
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70613&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Ste?

Use what's left of your brain and read my posts. I stepped down when I got my rap-sheet.

Anything to do with when I was a Moderator is both pathetic and fruitless, it's completely irrevelant nowadays.

EDIT: Rizzy you tit, there's a difference between flaming and a bitter viewpoint on something as ego-driven as that.

\\Fényx//
Originally posted by Opiate
I pray for the day that deliberate misquoting becomes a bannable offense on these forums :rolleyes:

Oh, and it sure smells like an exploit to me, maybe you should've contacted a GM about this before plastering it all over the forums

Misquoting is a bannable offence, I got a bollocking for misquoting the great Odin in my old sig, He said

I have been tossing stuff off Thanatos for the past 2 hours

I changed it to

I have been tossing off Thanatos for the past 2 hours

He bollocked me so i changed it back to

I have been tossing stuff off Thanatos for the past 2 hours

:D

Ste-X
BLING BLING

Scikar
12-08-03, 00:20
Ste?

Use what's left of your brain and read my posts. I stepped down when I got my rap-sheet.

Anything to do with when I was a Moderator is both pathetic and fruitless, it's completely irrevelant nowadays.

He's pointing out you were a hypocrite then and you are a hypocrite now, hence it is relevant.

\\Fényx//
12-08-03, 00:22
Dont worry guys, Odin's on his way :)

Helen Angilley
12-08-03, 00:22
He's pointing out you were a hypocrite then and you are a hypocrite now, hence it is relevant.

Nope, it's not.

As I said, there's a difference between flaming and a bitter viewpoint.

Before I became, as a lot of people have dubbed me, a "stupid trolling bitch" I had already stepped down from Moderating.

Being hypocritical is doing the very same thing you condemn (ie Screeching about mis-quotes in the form of a mis-quote. ;) ).

Ste-X
12-08-03, 00:23
HELEN WHY DONT YOU JUST SHUT THE FUCKING HELL UP NO ONE CARES

Kugero
12-08-03, 00:24
holy crap - this is like watching an impending train wreck. I want to look away but I just can't ....

Scikar
12-08-03, 00:25
Nope, it's not.

As I said, there's a difference between flaming and a bitter viewpoint.

You don't seem to be able to see it very clearly. :wtf:

Before I became, as a lot of people have dubbed me, a "stupid trolling bitch" I had already stepped down from Moderating.

Being hypocritical is doing the very same thing you condemn (ie Screeching about mis-quotes in the form of a mis-quote. ;) ).

And in the same way I admitted I was wrong to reply in that way, however you stepped down from moderating and that seems to make you not a hypocrite, I admit my mistake yet I still am?

Helen Angilley
12-08-03, 00:25

If people didn't care they wouldn't make such a fuss.

\\Fényx//
12-08-03, 00:26
If people didn't care they wouldn't make such a fuss.

/me gets helen, ste and scikar and bashes their heads togever

Scikar
12-08-03, 00:27
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
/me gets helen, ste and scikar and bashes their heads togever

Do you think I'm gonna get squished by a ban hammer? :eek:

Mumblyfish
12-08-03, 00:27
We can live in hope.

Scikar
12-08-03, 00:29
We can live in hope.

Awww I'm not that bad am I? :(

Ste-X

\\Fényx//
We can live in hope.

8|

you may be a f00 99% of the time, but atleast you makes us laugh alot :D :angel:

Nidhogg
12-08-03, 00:30
I can't even be bothered to edit this thread since it's so childish. In answer to the first post I'd say, disallow trades - problem solved.

Helen, please take a break for a while. I might even catch up with you in EVE at some point in the future, but I'd give this place a miss for the time being.

N