PDA

View Full Version : Need the average range of some of the higher up mobs.

Hippieman
11-08-03, 17:41
Seems my Tech Rifle PE is soon ready to use weapons capable of hunting warbies and the grim family with a good amount of speed and power. Now im trying to figure out what weapon to get but to do that I need something. I would like the best guess as to the average range of the Warbot family and the Doomreaper to Grimmie Chaser family. Cause I know if I get to close to em, im gonna light up like the 4th of July celebrations that happen near my appartment every year.

Mankind
11-08-03, 18:03
I will tell you as a good tip for a tech rifle PE.

For warbots use the tangent epic rifle. It levels my tech PE so fast. I'm 8 levels from DEX cap on him, and it's all thanks to that rifle. Leveling was boring on launchers and hurlers. But once I was able to use this rifle and fight warbots, leveling is fun :)

As for grims and dooms. Stay away from them til you can wear INQ armor and a fire belt and have some fire resist.

It's one of the best things you can do for yourself.

Good luck

Hippieman
11-08-03, 18:06
Damn not high enough to use the TER. Got one but right now I have a DEX of 55, till gotta level in the cores. Im almost near ready for INQ 1 so it wont be that far away. Do you think I should imp up with the most DEX and TC RC imps I can find so I can finally use the TER?

EDIT: Gotta say I dont got much money for imps.

Ultima
11-08-03, 18:07
i really recomend the sniper riffle, the top shop one, made well, really hurts Warbies.

I made some 3 slot ones that can shoot around 1200 m range and do around 150-200 damage a shot at the warbies.

FarSight
11-08-03, 18:21
You can easly get 20 DEX from imps (Moto 3, Vechicle 3, Balance 3, DexterityBooster 3) + Smart Eye 3 or Riffle EyE 3 + Balistic 3 or Distance 3 (dunno you more need R-C or T-C) .......
in fact with good tactic you will hunt WB's with easy (i start hunting WB's with T.Assault) ... and playing with fire mobs will be much more risk .... i started hunt in canyons when i w able to use heavy belts and Inq armor and use Pain Earser w/o DEX imps ... in fact i was nearly caped ....

EDIT: my char was spy :D

Disturbed021
11-08-03, 18:30
I assume you mean how far they can shoot u? My best guess would be in the 500-600m range or so for WBs and WBTs just a little bit further.
You can probably try out the TL52 Tangent Pulselaser Rifle as it has the best range outta the rifles you can use currently besides the sniper rifle (I think I saw u say you had 55 Dex). I've never used this particular gun but I haven't heard anything bad about it.

One trick I use for killing WBs, from a distance, is everytime you reload backup a little cause unless you're really really far away from them they will continue to walk towards you until one of you dies :p

Dunno much about Doomies or Grims cause fire + Spy = equals /hmmm which GR should I choose this time

Spy<VS>Spy
11-08-03, 18:48
i recomend the pulse laser rifle, not only fund to use but has killer accuracy and range. the damage isnt too shapy either and is compatable with an assualt riffle near its level, or perhaps a little better.

the sniper rifle is a good choice but if you really like shooting at range a few in my clan enjoy the fusion rifle, its gets a damage bonus the further away from the target you are, so at extream distances it actually outdamages most guns in the game. its one of the more efficaint tech rifles in the game as far as ammo supply goes, and its single shot.

of course no one can really knock a REALLY well made ultamated EPRm the enhanced plasma rifle does some impressive damage, and isnt that bad at range, with a scope and laser pointer if you dont cap aiming. its the least efficent gun when it comes to ammo capacity but for damage per minute and exsperince...you really cant beat it. it can be a pricy thing to buy, exspect to pay around 600-to 1 million credits to get a 4-5 slotter, they can be a bitch sometime, 1 out of 60 for me is the usualy odds. sometimes i have been luckeir.