PDA

View Full Version : Trade and I won or lost

Crest
11-08-03, 14:14
Ok so here is this posts story

Last night a guy asking for a barter, I with my stats and hr asks for me to get a PA2 from MB

I go out there and confirm, the one with str 115, Yes he confirms

I buy and we do the trade. I confirm reciept of cash and he seem happy.

I log and go on as my alt. An hour later I get a mail from him telling me how disapointed he was and wonders how I ripped him off. Cause he did not get the Suite. I check he is offline, so i mail him saying that If I still got it I will give it to him, else I will buy him one to keep a good Reputation

i log my barter on and hey there it is. I have his suite.

Now there is one possible explination I can think of. That is funny timing.

It may be possible that as I or he clicked on the ready buttons the item got jumped into Inv with out us seeing, then we traded a nothing.... for cash

else I cant explain it....Anyway to Him i appologise as it is not my intention to rip him off

To the rest I ask How ????? Is this an exploit, or a bug of some kind, has anyone else had this happen. Hmmm Let me know

\\Fényx//
11-08-03, 14:20
Theres a bug where things look like different item, maybe it was that and he ended up with a dogtag or something, check your barterer to see if theres anything missing.

ericdraven
11-08-03, 14:20
Yes, i think that is one of the most annoying and oldest bugs in Neocron - the trading bug.

Items drop back to your inventory (i did not find any scheme behind it yet), but the money never drops back.
So - it probably was as you assume - he clicked the button but a few moments earlier the PA went back to your inventory.
You got the money, he got nothing.

KK - pleaaase finally fix this trading bug, it's sooooo annoying!! o_O

Crest
11-08-03, 14:38
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
Theres a bug where things look like different item, maybe it was that and he ended up with a dogtag or something, check your barterer to see if theres anything missing.

I thought of this, cause there is an inventory bug, but we would both have to be bugged else he would seen the dog tag and asked me what my problem is trying to give him a DT.....

I suspect its the second explination....Only its the first time I have ever seen it.

garyu69
11-08-03, 14:53
Would it have been possible for human error?

Say, he wrote money in, clicked ok,
You put armour in, clicked ok, money went in, Tabbed out and no armour was given.... :confused:

Just a thought

Crest
11-08-03, 14:56
Originally posted by garyu69
Would it have been possible for human error?

Say, he wrote money in, clicked ok,
You put armour in, clicked ok, money went in, Tabbed out and no armour was given.... :confused:

Just a thought

It seemed like a normal transaction..... I put armour in window, he spent about 20 seconds looking at it (Checking stats to make sure its the right one, me thinks) Then He put in cash plus a 5k tip and transaction done, I left without even thinking twice......

Disturbed021
11-08-03, 16:37
Originally posted by ericdraven
Yes, i think that is one of the most annoying and oldest bugs in Neocron - the trading bug.

Items drop back to your inventory (i did not find any scheme behind it yet), but the money never drops back.
So - it probably was as you assume - he clicked the button but a few moments earlier the PA went back to your inventory.
You got the money, he got nothing.

KK - pleaaase finally fix this trading bug, it's sooooo annoying!! o_O

Yup that bug happens all the time...grrrrr, not fun when you are trying to hand over parts like 5 different times and the parts keep hoppin back to ur inv....
Just explain what you think happened, as long as the guy gets his PA fairly quickly I'm sure your rep will remain intact.

Hwarang S.
11-08-03, 18:20
What's really annoying is when you are ressing TP's for someone and it happens... then have to spend 15min. convincing them that you weren't trying to rip them off.... :(