PDA

View Full Version : Why no gatling rares?

Lanigav
11-08-03, 06:42
I've been wanting gatling rares for along time now. A rare gatling pistol and rifle would definetely give a boost to spies and PEs who aren't tech users, and give them something to use other than a Libby or Pain Easer. Also, a rare gatling cannon would allow tanks to use something other than a Cursed Soul, which everyone of of them use.

japata
11-08-03, 06:48
I'd like to see gatling rares too.

And on the side note, gatling pistol(s) are high-tech weapons.

Frotto
11-08-03, 06:49
Tanks have the tangent speed gatlin cannon... the cm epic item.. isnt that rare enough? besides i always thought of gatlin rifles as a waste of time myself... tbh

Lanigav
11-08-03, 06:56
The speed gun is nice, but it doesn't do the damage equivilant of a rare weapon.

A rare gatling rifle would rock IMO, with damage comparable or better than that of a Pain Easer (just less range).

Arcadius
11-08-03, 07:01
I agree their should be a rare of every wep type. I want a rare poison for my apu. Errr let me rephrase, I mean a USEFUL rare poison that is not limited to 1 situation because it's a useless barrel.

OTIS
11-08-03, 07:05
great just what we need... rare combat knives:rolleyes: :D

Psychoninja
11-08-03, 07:08
Originally posted by Arcadius
I agree their should be a rare of every wep type. I want a rare poison for my apu. Errr let me rephrase, I mean a USEFUL rare poison that is not limited to 1 situation because it's a useless barrel.

lol, you poison whore you ;)
*hides 4 slot poison beam*

:angel:

I wouldn't mind seeing a rare poison beam, but I think it would be pretty strong.

Frotto
11-08-03, 07:22
i may sound like a tard again, but inst holy pestilence a rare posion beam?

Psychoninja
11-08-03, 07:26
rare poison barrel.

extract
11-08-03, 07:39
As far as I know all gats are tech weapons anyways so that doesnt make much sense to the original post...

and as far as a rare poison beam..I had this conversation with a buddy and I had also mentioned that theres a rare fire and energy beam why not poison...I too think it would be a great addition altho I dont support the comment that holy pest is useless...it has its uses just like all weapons and can be quite nasty if you get a few stacks on ya REAL NASTY....

but I also think after some convincing that a rare poison beam would actually be too powerful...as it stands now which was pointed out to me by formentioned friend that "poison is a not a main weapon" its best used in conjunction with other spells such as stack some poison and then a few energy beams and then just watch the belts drop.....

Psychoninja
11-08-03, 07:49
Moonstriker isn't a main weapon either.
It's hardly used and it's still around, so is the wyatt Earp.

I'd trade in a wyatt earp for a rare poison beam any day.

Zokk
11-08-03, 08:01
We need a rare flamer also :D

Arcadius
11-08-03, 08:07
Originally posted by extract

and as far as a rare poison beam..I had this conversation with a buddy and I had also mentioned that theres a rare fire and energy beam why not poison...I too think it would be a great addition altho I dont support the comment that holy pest is useless...it has its uses just like all weapons and can be quite nasty if you get a few stacks on ya REAL NASTY....

Yes it's powerful but far too limited. If someone gave you a TL 300 rare that can only be used on tuesday nights when it's misty and you're horny, how often are you gonna use that spell?

Originally posted by extract

but I also think after some convincing that a rare poison beam would actually be too powerful...as it stands now which was pointed out to me by formentioned friend that "poison is a not a main weapon" its best used in conjunction with other spells such as stack some poison and then a few energy beams and then just watch the belts drop.....

Poison SHOULD be a main weapon. Now that health bug is fixed so that you don't die prematurely, poison can go back to it's former power OR give us a new rare poison beam. Rare poison beam wouldn't be too powerful, you just gotta get resistance for it. Against someone with 50 poison resist my toxic beam is shit. So i doubt rare poison beam would be overpowered.

Psychoninja
11-08-03, 08:09
Medkits + Poison Resist Potion + Antidote = Possibly Still alive.....

Lanigav
11-08-03, 08:48

Its kind of odd that the Moonstriker's not used much, because the damage it deals is insane. I did 286 to an unboosted Grim Chaser with it. Even more than the Malediction. Its main problem of bad aim is a large hinderance, but when you're in caves, its not that big of a problem.

As far as I know all gats are tech weapons anyways so that doesnt make much sense to the original post...

Cannon gatlings are tech, but I'm pretty sure the pistol and rifle gatlings are non-tech.

nonamebrandeggs
11-08-03, 08:50
Rare shotgun rawr :D.

Lanigav
11-08-03, 08:56
A rare shotgun would make me horny.

nonamebrandeggs
11-08-03, 08:58
Onos!

Original monk
11-08-03, 09:14
Originally posted by Lanigav
A rare shotgun would make me horny.

KK give her that shottie

Machen
11-08-03, 09:31
Cannon gatlings are tech, but I'm pretty sure the pistol and rifle gatlings are non-tech.
I`m TOO SURE Gatlin Pistol is Hi-Tech :rolleyes:
and I was always curious why only Gat Rifle isnt Hi-Tech weapons... eh, since beta.
btw, a bit old thread :D (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42691)

IceStorm
11-08-03, 09:31
The Gatlin Rifle line are not tech weapons.

Gatlin Pistols and Gatlin Cannons are tech weapons.

The highest-TL, non-rare, player-buildable, non-pointsink weapon (requires no TC or MST) in the game is the Tangent Gatlin Rifle, at TL 79.

Arcadius
11-08-03, 09:32
man rare gat would probably destroy monks. :(

Psycho_Soldier
11-08-03, 10:16
man rare gat would probably destroy monks. :(

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :p

\\Fényx//
11-08-03, 10:34
Originally posted by OTIS
great just what we need... rare combat knives:rolleyes: :D

there already is one nub :p The Vein Ripper

MjukisDjur
11-08-03, 10:51
The speed gun is nice, but it doesn't do the damage equivilant of a rare weapon.

A rare gatling rifle would rock IMO, with damage comparable or better than that of a Pain Easer (just less range).

According to most people a good speed gun is equivilant to a cs...

hinch
11-08-03, 10:53
Originally posted by Psychoninja

I'd trade in a wyatt earp for a rare poison beam any day.

goto jupiter every tank uses a moonstriker, cs, tgc you`ll rarely see an op war with any gun that isnt one of them 3

\\Fényx//
11-08-03, 10:56
Moonstriker owns !!! bah dont you dare compare the moon to a wyatt O_o!

J a y
11-08-03, 12:10
Moonstriker is h eavily used on saturn. at least by the clan im in :P.

Dade Murphey
11-08-03, 12:12
I would terribly love a rare gatling rifle...I personally don't much care for the PE on a whole...it's a good gun sure...and has good range...but it's just soooo pathetically slow...even capped it's ruffly half the speed...give or take...of the TGR speed

deac
11-08-03, 13:06
Yes it's powerful but far too limited. If someone gave you a TL 300 rare that can only be used on tuesday nights when it's misty and you're horny, how often are you gonna use that spell?

rofl once a week?

greendonkeyuk
11-08-03, 13:16
RARES WE NEED:

1. Shotgun
2. Flamer
3. Gats (pistol for definate)
4. Poison Beam.

Anything else is overkill.

Btw
Moonstriker OWNS! If you can get used to its aiming then its amazing, ask t-x how many people hes killed with his...... :eek:

The thing with the moonstriker is, you can crouch, shoot (getting a pretty good shot off) and move before the rocket has gone anywhere. This can (and from what ive seen regularly does) catch your opponent off guard. Seeing a smurf waving a cs in their faces distracts em from the rocket thas about to hit just in front of you, not to mention the shock damage can be pretty sweet for pinnin people to the floor..... id take the moonstriker over the doombeamer anyway.

Al3X
11-08-03, 13:22
a rare nailgun would rock :D

FBI
11-08-03, 13:53
I'd only like to see a rare shotgun, that's it. New melee weapons
would be nice too, melee's need loving..katanas, blades.

You all underrate speed guns. They're the most underrated
weapon in the game seriously. My speed gun outdamages my
capped CS for hunting. Use the right mod on players they die
instantly. It's no liberator but it's large chamber compensates
for the lower damage, think about it..

<- me has 5 slotter with flashlight.. I WILL BLIND U THEN KEEL U!

:D

Machen
11-08-03, 13:57
Um...Rare Mini Rocket Launcher anyone? :D
I don`t think it would be something viable though...
3rd lvl Mini Launcher(tl65) does same dmg to 2nd Hand-Grenade( tl35ish), wtf?

Rizzy
11-08-03, 14:10
That's odd, my speedgun doesn't outdamage my cs. However, overall it is better for hunting due to the range of the gun and how it is more accurate over longer ranges. Plus it can be repaired to 120/120

Ste-X
11-08-03, 14:15
your supid use a moonstrikeeer

Rizzy
11-08-03, 14:17
Says the guy who keeps his moonstriker in slot 1 and his 4 slot CS in slot 2 :p

Ste-X
11-08-03, 14:18
btw im off to get a new mic now

craio
11-08-03, 14:23
/me tries to get some attention to droners
a rare gatling drone with tl lower then he PN...

nonamebrandeggs
11-08-03, 14:25
Rare Junkknife anyone?

Whiety Bulger
11-08-03, 14:55
Rare brassknuckels would own,

nonamebrandeggs
11-08-03, 14:59
Originally posted by Whiety Bulger
Rare brassknuckels would own,

Whoa, it would be like a fist with a swirlie :D, I LIIIIIKE!

HellHound
11-08-03, 15:24
There are a few weapon types that high end versions are unavailable for, which is a shame. I'd especially like to see that rare shotgun... maybe give it burst fire. :eek:

FBI
11-08-03, 15:27
Maybe we wouldn't focus on these rares if other weapons that
have existed all along were decent...

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71578

Riothamus
11-08-03, 18:24
knives and knuckles are alright but the melee rare i want to see is a baseball bat.

nonamebrandeggs
11-08-03, 18:27
Originally posted by Riothamus
knives and knuckles are alright but the melee rare i want to see is a baseball bat.

There was one of the test server a while ago, called the "If You Can See This You Are Dead" or something, it was cool and had a crazy RoF :D, I loved it.