PDA

View Full Version : Factionless Runners

massic
11-08-03, 01:51
Can some one clue me in on the Factionless Runners?

I'm seeing more and more of them these days, and was wondering what the Advantages/Disadvantages of being one was.

For instance, once you become factionless are you allied, neutral, or hostile still or is every faction your friend?

Q`alooaith
11-08-03, 01:58
Ok.. To become factionless they've killed their own faction NPC's till they where kicked out..

It leaves you neutral to all factions, though some are allied I think.. anyway, the good point is, you can go anywhere, TG MB TH and any part of the city.. bad part is, you don't have a faction, so no epic and no clan..

You'd also have wasted soulight from killing allied NPC's.

Some ppl don't like factionless players, many will shoot on sight because you could be a spy.

Ok, that about covers it..

BTW, I think it was a bug or somthing, the GM's will NOT put you back into a faction if you do this. You'd have to use the change faction thing to get in one..

PS, don't do it, it's not worth it..

Mankind
11-08-03, 02:07
Factionless:

Most of the city factions are allied to you. Most of the non-city factions you are not allied to, except Fallen Angels which you are allied to. Runners lose soullight for killing you, because of your neutrality or being allied, but there is no faction sympathy for them to lose.

My tank is factionless at the moment, and will remain that way until the Dome of York is released. Then I will be joining their faction (hopefully that will be allowed), and I will have half of my life in DoY, and the other half in the city.

lullysing
11-08-03, 02:09
I'm one of those so called factionless people, the ghosts that walk amongs the corporate slave children and the almighty guardians of the wasteland.

The dude right over did a pretty good job of describing what it takes to be a factionless player. Essentially, i became factionless when some other dude killed a friend i had punched earlier as a joke, in pepper park.

The reason it sucks is simply because you have absolutly no support network at all. Also, regaining soulight can be a problem if you have too many factions in the red ( for missions ).

But me, as a runner with pretty much everything i need, not wanting to get involved in the city state's petty squabbing with the rebels and all, i'm taking it chill and letting things cool for a while.

But like the dude said, i would not recommend it unless you positively KNOW what you're doing. And then you rethink about it, HARD. Cuz it ain't all sweetness and roses.

-Jujuwalker Clancy, the truly neutral hacker for hire, and recovery expert extraordinaire. Now in exile somewhere within the outzone dealing some shit for the anarchs.

massic
11-08-03, 03:44
Cool, Thanks guys for the info.

I prolly won't do it, I just wanted to know why some people had, I can see the beneifts, but the sideaffects are to severe for my liking.

SovKhan
11-08-03, 03:51
i personally believe every runner should start out factionless. and when he chooses a faciton he has to gain the symp and pay his way in later on. but thats just me.

Sigma
11-08-03, 03:57
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
BTW, I think it was a bug or somthing, the GM's will NOT put you back into a faction if you do this. You'd have to use the change faction thing to get in one..

Wrong

every GM seeing u w/o faction will put u back into ur faction, atleast they are told to do so

enablerbr
11-08-03, 05:27
factionless runner would be a good way start in neocron. have it so that when you reached a certain rank. you'd have to make a choice which faction to join. it would give lowbie ranks a chance to see neocron and get to know it better before they have to take part with faction politics.

MortuusLupus
11-08-03, 05:41
There would need to be some pull to the factions, apart from clans, to get people interested, otherwise the ability to be able to go anywhere would be far too tempting for most new players. Faction only items, perhaps, or bonuses while in friendly areas.

OTIS
11-08-03, 07:12
Hehe. My main has been factionless for 6 monthes. And all my alts at one time or another have been factionless. And GM's will put you on the faction you started out as. And it is considered a bug.

The main reason i have my main and have had my alts as factionless is for lvling purposes. I dont have to worry about someone coming up behind me and killing me while i'm lvling(unless i've pissed them off)...and i can lvl anywhere i want cuz guards wont kill me either. I think that in itself is worth going factionless.

Q`alooaith
11-08-03, 08:15
Originally posted by Sigma
Wrong

every GM seeing u w/o faction will put u back into ur faction, atleast they are told to do so

Oh sorry. But I had heard, that they would not because so many people became factionless and then got pissed.. After they where told it was a bug.

Just think about it, everyone who's factionless is exploiting the error, they can go anywhere...