PDA

View Full Version : Where is better to sell with a barterer char....

Sleawer
11-08-03, 01:28
in the shop to which the item to sell belongs, or to Yo's all buyers?

HellHound
11-08-03, 01:28
You'll always get more in the appropriate shop, not Yo's.

QuantumDelta
11-08-03, 01:29
shop.

Sleawer
11-08-03, 01:34
thanks guys, was checking at same time I posted, you are right, I get a 30% more in the shop.

Dream
11-08-03, 04:10
@QuantumDelta & HellHound:

You are right to a point. But in some cases, YO's can actually pay out MORE then the shop.

Example: Certain YO's vendors at certain OP's will sell insanely overpriced 'garbage' armor. Taking looted armor there will sell for alot more then taking looted armor to A&W or HEW.

I am sure there are other examples as well.

Spoon
11-08-03, 06:47
Originally posted by Dream

Example: Certain YO's vendors at certain OP's will sell insanely overpriced 'garbage' armor. Taking looted armor there will sell for alot more then taking looted armor to A&W or HEW.

I am sure there are other examples as well.

Yep, same goes for Street Hawkers and Nomad venders and "another" type of vender, they sell bad and poor quality stuff overpriced, but buy it for more than the shops do, I've sold PSI spells, implants, armor and LoM's/drugs to these venders.

Simple example:
Using a Spy with 50 INT and 0 Barter..
YO's in the city pays 149nc for a LoM, Medicare pays 198nc, these other venders pay 298nc, nearly double the price from the "City" YO's...
How about 1150 to 1200nc from a store bought level 1 CPU(VHC 1, Mindcontrol 1 etc.), not bad, eh?

A little sidenote:
On Saturn, I've run across a high level barterer once in the jail in Outzone 8, and his QuickBelt another time.
You think he's there to level?
I don't...
There's a group of 4 or 5 Street Hawkers there...
I believe he was there on business.... ;)

Sleawer
11-08-03, 13:50
Sweet, I will look for those hawkers and OP yo's vendors today. The price definetly worths it.

Thank you guys :)

dL9
11-08-03, 13:55
Speaking of Yo's... I remember back in Beta 4 how useful those shops were... now... who the hell sells his stuff at Yo's? Yo's used to be the place to hang out, now it's useless :(

Smugly
11-08-03, 14:00
Originally posted by dL9
Speaking of Yo's... I remember back in Beta 4 how useful those shops were... now... who the hell sells his stuff at Yo's? Yo's used to be the place to hang out, now it's useless :(

That's not entirely true. Admittadley, only a barterer, and a particuly money driven one (me) would use such a thing but still, Yo's, to my knowledge is the only place that buys the higher tech Armour, Implant and Vehicle Component Parts. With 130 Barter, I can get about 8-10K for an Armour part 10, 11K for Vehicle Component part 10 and a good 15K for an Implant part K. In addition, I've found that some of the good junk, such as limbs and the like I can sell for a good 1.5K, allowing me to turn a profit on the stuff I don't recycle in the end.

Spy<VS>Spy
11-08-03, 19:12
ahh you thinking small beans man, advanced bones, drugs and vehicles...a spy with high recyle and barter can make a good living for himself, especailly working with a constructor.

you can even make a profit making drones. heh, collect all those swords and lame weapons doomies and butches drop, salave them for basic weapon parts and make a bunch of drones scot free selling at 5k a peice with good barter...mmm mmm. :)

Smugly
12-08-03, 04:36
Hmm...... salvaging parts........... you know that's a really really good idea! Wish I'd thought of it........

Scikar
12-08-03, 04:41
Originally posted by Smugly
That's not entirely true. Admittadley, only a barterer, and a particuly money driven one (me) would use such a thing but still, Yo's, to my knowledge is the only place that buys the higher tech Armour, Implant and Vehicle Component Parts. With 130 Barter, I can get about 8-10K for an Armour part 10, 11K for Vehicle Component part 10 and a good 15K for an Implant part K. In addition, I've found that some of the good junk, such as limbs and the like I can sell for a good 1.5K, allowing me to turn a profit on the stuff I don't recycle in the end.

There's a vendor I know which buys my vhc10s off me for 45k, without barter. That's more than some players offer for it.

Smugly
12-08-03, 04:45
Nah nah, I don't mean VHC 10's. I mean the Vehicle COMPONENT parts. I can sell VHC 10's for 72K with my Barter in Cryton's Plaza 1. Ofcourse, one has to GET a damn vhc 10 to sell first.......

Unless of course, you know something I don't?

Scikar
12-08-03, 04:50
Originally posted by Smugly
Nah nah, I don't mean VHC 10's. I mean the Vehicle COMPONENT parts. I can sell VHC 10's for 72K with my Barter in Cryton's Plaza 1. Ofcourse, one has to GET a damn vhc 10 to sell first.......

Unless of course, you know something I don't?

I don't get them any more often than you do, but the vendor I use pays more than the plaza 1 guy I think.

Smugly
12-08-03, 05:00
Hmm.... interesting. I'll have to take a closer look at this. I'm just assuming that what you're saying is that to a particular vendor you get more credits for that part..... I'm thinking an OP that gives a bonus to barter, although I don't know of one. Granted, I don't actually know most of the benefits given by OP's other than the fact that Gravis gives a pointless bonus to hack.....

Guess I'll just make sure to carry something and see how much I can get for it. It'd certainly make life as a barter more interesting.

greendonkeyuk
12-08-03, 13:09
my spy sells vehic 10s for about 50k per go, i have no barter at all. We come across vehic part 10s quite a lot actually. Maybe 1-20 mobs we kill loot (talking warbots and high level firemobs) will drop one. In one hunting trip on his own doc (holliday) came back with four on sunday afternoon.....

Sleawer
12-08-03, 13:28
What vendor do you use Sci?