PDA

View Full Version : Me Need Help!!

Oath
10-08-03, 23:18
Hi,

When i logged in to NC for the first time since reactivating my account, i was impressed at the improvements, youve done a lot kk, BUT, i made a monk, now 2 days old........ i have a dial up connection that disconnects after 2 hours........... was playing......it disconnected, now i cant log back in as my monk.........when i try it crashes my whole system EVERYTIME....this hapened to my spy too, and i had to delete him to fix it........now after 2 days of hacking at Aggressors with a fekin Spec alloy knife, i capped STR and almost DEX and i refuse to delete himand start again...........has anyone else had this problem? anyone know how to fix it or can give me a QUICK reply, if i wait on helpdesk ill go mad heh.

Thanks,

Oath.

Oath
10-08-03, 23:30
hmph

its alternating between "Join proxy session failed" (constantly)
Or totally crashing my system, and i can go in as other chars............just not the one i want ^^

Oath.

Ren
10-08-03, 23:31
whos ur chars?

what server?

whats your fav type of cheese....?

it could be quicker to answer the above questions. Ur char might just need moved.. i duno

Nidhogg
10-08-03, 23:33
What OS are you using? Try checking your files (from the launcher) and pop off an email to helpdesk@neocron.com asking them to move the char you can't log on to.

N

Oath
10-08-03, 23:34
okily cheers guys ill try that

Server: uranus
Chars: if i told you then youd know ^^

now lets see lol

Oath
10-08-03, 23:48
ok i ran the file checker and got File: caves_p1.bsp Corrupt..............but if i remember correctly wasnt that an old error / bug?

And can anybody tell me how to Stop trying to D/load it lol.

im gonna call the hel0r d3sk0r.

Thanks,

Oath.

MortuusLupus
10-08-03, 23:49
The file that's non-existant is terrainfx.dat I think. Caves (as far as I know) is a legitimate file.

And to stop the download, delete filestofix.ini in your patches directory

Ren
11-08-03, 00:11
Originally posted by Oath
[B
Chars: if i told you then youd know ^^
now lets see lol [/B]

lmao u ask for help... then u dont tell detials.............. many people read these forums, i've been stuck here and couldnt get in, posted and BOOM i was in plaza 1... i was thinking u could use the same thing if u cant get into the ingame support thingy.

or, u could contact Carnage... i hear he's liked by all. :P

Oath
11-08-03, 00:19
lol i know dude but hey wheres the fun in that, i sent a mail to Helpdesk so mayeb itll be fixed tomorrow lol, thanks for your help everyone =)

Oath.

souljah
11-08-03, 01:24
Hi,

When i logged in to NC for the first time since reactivating my account, i was impressed at the improvements, youve done a lot kk, BUT, i made a monk, now 2 days old........ i have a dial up connection that disconnects after 2 hours........... was playing......it disconnected, now i cant log back in as my monk.........when i try it crashes my whole system EVERYTIME....this hapened to my spy too, and i had to delete him to fix it........now after 2 days of hacking at Aggressors with a fekin Spec alloy knife, i capped STR and almost DEX and i refuse to delete himand start again...........has anyone else had this problem? anyone know how to fix it or can give me a QUICK reply, if i wait on helpdesk ill go mad heh.

Thanks,

Oath.

I doubt you capped dex in 2 days as a monk

Oath
11-08-03, 01:41
..........ALMOST capped am at 31 at mom, and this is a fiken Problem / solution thread not be a plonker thread, i can do that perfectly well on my own.

And FYI a good PPu helping goes a LONG LONG way.

But anyway, thanks for your reply Souljah,

greets,

oath.

and PPS ive been playing 39 hours so far........so why cant i? cos the level gain is slow? so what, me is hardcore!!!!1111111oneone

lol
;)

Q`alooaith
11-08-03, 01:45
I had a simmilar problem a bit ago.. I could not log char if they moved to certain zones, because one of my sound files had become corupt, try a reinstall and see if that helps..

Other than that, log an alt and file a help ticket asking to have your alt moved... I rember having to do that a few times..

Oath
11-08-03, 14:09
OKily kind thanks to the suport team , quick response as always.

Thanks to the forum users for there help / abuse lol.

Mr N / mods close the thread please

Kind thanks,

Oath

And still dont know what the problem was, but moving me to another zone fixed it lol.

SynC_187
11-08-03, 15:20
Re-install and set a timer every time you connect so you get time to log off properly, otherwise it'll happen again.

Oath
11-08-03, 16:59
Re-install and set a timer every time you connect so you get time to log off properly, otherwise it'll happen again.

uh.............without sounding like a complete idiot.............how do i set a timer? lmao, im a hardware man my self so i have little clue on software lol......help is appreciated.

Damned dial up scum lol.

Oath.

SynC_187
11-08-03, 17:01
I meant a watch or alarm clock. Just so you know when your about to be kicked and can log off properly.

Oath
11-08-03, 17:06
Lmao...........................Boy, do i feel dumb.............. :o

Ok, ill try iy lol......but its already happened again, lol, fatal error in a dungeon seems to mean i cant login.

Btw any helpdesk people browsing forums

chars are : kroot and NASBAS
both on uranus

/ edit........wow danae that was fast lol

Danae
11-08-03, 17:11
I've been helpin ya :P *bows*

souljah
11-08-03, 17:26
..........ALMOST capped am at 31 at mom

Monks cap at 25.

Oath
11-08-03, 18:10
really? cos im at 31 right now and im pretty sure the cap is 35, cos my old monk used a tangeant ar (with loads of imps lol)........perhaps danae, we could also look into this lol

And mega thanks to you danae you rule!

hinch
11-08-03, 18:11
int 100
str 20
cons 45
dex 35
psi 100

monk base caps for you

Oath
11-08-03, 18:15
thanks hinch, thats what i thought, so im not insane then lol.......well, me think me is going mad anyway, filed a bug report, but now both my chars have done it again lol..........this time for no reason other than synching lol,

Oh well, perhaps soon ill be able to play longer than 10 mins lol.

Thanks,

Oath.

Q`alooaith
11-08-03, 19:02
thanks hinch, thats what i thought, so im not insane then lol.......well, me think me is going mad anyway, filed a bug report, but now both my chars have done it again lol..........this time for no reason other than synching lol,

Oh well, perhaps soon ill be able to play longer than 10 mins lol.

Thanks,

Oath.

Dude, reinstall, it's been said a few times..

I had a similar problem, caused by a bad file, each time it tryed to run it caused a crash, and often it'd try to play again when I logged in the same place..

Say the bar music, you know the dummdaa dumm caused a crash each time it tryed to play, it'd end up seaming like what your having...

So do a clean install and don't alter anything(not saying you have, might be HD error) run scandisk. Then go to a place with a new char that your not attached to (make a new one) and see if you crash. if you do then it's a deeper problem, if you don't then log your propers and play on...

To run scandisk, double click my computer, right click C(or whatever drive letter your HD is installed as) Propertys, then the tools tab.. then Error checking, or scandisk (name depends on OS)

I hope that helps. if you have trouble with these instuctions PM me.

Oath
11-08-03, 21:28
Sorry i meant to say i already have reinstalled, and redownloaded every patch, but to no avail, sorry for the confusion there, i thought id already said that :o :D Me = Silly Sausage :D

Greets, and thanks

Oath.

Oath
13-08-03, 00:03
ok, sorry to bump old (o.0) topics, but im stuck ^^ again, this time char name is Oath.Oath on URANUS server
.........if any gms read this could you please move me, my hotmail account is fexord so i cant send mail =(.

Thanks,

Oath.

Sorry if this is violation of forum rules but im pretty p'd off and getting to the end of my nC reactivation.

Sorry again.

kin
13-08-03, 00:13
get rid of windows ME.

Forseti
13-08-03, 00:17
The forums are not a good way of getting ingame help. Contact helpdesk if you run into any problems.

Oath
13-08-03, 00:18
why not go to the source and just get rid of bill gates?

its not me, and i dont think its my hardware (never had a problem before) i cn only think that a patch has caused a conflict somewhere..........but the techies are looking at that.......in the mean time poor old oath is stuck with 2 chars wich jump between usefull and fexored......and a new one wich is totally fexored.........i dont want to add a 4th just incase.... but the whole get rid of ME thing is noted and agreed with.......but i cant afford to get XP lol or whatever the new one is

/edit......k forsetti sorry :cool:
/edit 2.......ive been moved.......wOOtage now i pray for a permanent solution!!!!!!!!1111111oneoeno