PDA

View Full Version : something that I hate

Drake6k
10-08-03, 22:49
Something really pisses me off...

Every person in this game that is buying something from me doesn't want to give an offer. If I say I want OFFERS then ffs dont ask me to give you a price. Everyone wants to pay as little as possible. The seller is the only one with the real power to choose if he or she gives a price.

I keep seeing people say stuff like;
"Looking for zerk3 dm offers"
...I hate that... :mad:

To the last 7 people that sent me mails asking for 'my price' on my rares I'm selling. Go kill yourself! I'm not going to reply.
Maybe this is why I never get rid of parts? :D

I'm not flaming anyone lol, I would just like to know if anyone agrees with me on this subject.

k thx

nonamebrandeggs
10-08-03, 22:51
Why wouldn't we want to pay the least amount possible?

Shujin
10-08-03, 22:52
same thing
im like *Selling blah , DM Offers*
and they are like what do you want for it
and im like jus make an offer and they are like ;o i duno
and im like then dont buy from me
and they are like ;/ 50k and im like ok

Originally posted by nonamebrandeggs
Why wouldn't we want to pay the least amount possible?

alot of the time ppl over pay

Drake6k
10-08-03, 22:53
Originally posted by Shujin
alot of the time ppl over pay

but thats what I want them to do :lol:

Shujin
10-08-03, 22:54
Originally posted by Drake6k
but thats what I want them to do :lol:

same here ;P thats y i said DM offers

*ph33r*
10-08-03, 22:55
Meh, people should barter/haggle with each other more.

Helen Angilley
10-08-03, 22:57
So what about those people who say "working for tips" yet complain when their costs aren't covered?

Or those that say "DM me with offers" yet kick up an un-Godly fuss when the amount offered isn't up to their standards?

Shujin
10-08-03, 23:00
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
So what about those people who say "working for tips" yet complain when their costs aren't covered?

Or those that say "DM me with offers" yet kick up an un-Godly fuss when the amount offered isn't up to their standards?

my TL 205 cnst'r is poor as hell bcuz i dont req tips, i can only continue cnst'in bcuz a guy was quittin the game so gave me 100x 200 pack of cnst grease

and when i say DM me with offers i mean dm me with reasonable offers. not offers of 1k for a bezerk 3 ;]

btw have you had a look at my KK help idea, which you critisized strongly ;]

MortuusLupus
10-08-03, 23:01
Mebbe do an auction for stuffs? It only works during peak hours, tho, so that'd be a problem for some people (me). Probly only work with high-demand items, too.

Mebbe take the price you want to get, lower it by 20% or so, start the auction there. People think "Oooh, I could get a good deal on this." and start out-bidding each other, eventually it becomes a matter of pride and you get more than you had hoped.

Unless only one person wants it.

Then I guess you could say "Auctioning off XXX starting bids at YYYYYnc, or buy for ZZZZZnc" where ZZZZZ is around the price you want to sell at.

Shujin
10-08-03, 23:01
Originally posted by MortuusLupus
Mebbe do an auction for stuffs? It only works during peak hours, tho, so that'd be a problem for some people (me). Probly only work with high-demand items, too.

Mebbe take the price you want to get, lower it by 20% or so, start the auction there. People think "Oooh, I could get a good deal on this." and start out-bidding each other, eventually it becomes a matter of pride and you get more than you had hoped.

Unless only one person wants it.

Then I guess you could say "Auctioning off XXX starting bids at YYYYYnc, or buy for ZZZZZnc" where ZZZZZ is around the price you want to sell at.
well auctioning a bezerk 3 is kinda funny ;P

Xypher
10-08-03, 23:02
The way I see it this post is about one thing: ripping people off.

If you want to rip people off then when they ask for a price you should just quote an overly high (but not too high to scare them off) price.

If you don't want to rip them off then how hard is it to quote them what you think is a "reasonable price" ?

How f*****g simple is that?

Helen Angilley
10-08-03, 23:02
btw have you had a look at my KK help idea, which you critisized strongly ;]

Yes I have.

You didn't "win" any argument, you just ignored any criticism while stamping your feet, covering your ears continuing to prattle on about how much flaming I was doing (When you were just as bad), claimed to be ignoring me when you would reply to every post and shoved your head up MJS' arse when he agreed with the idea.

Your overbearing smugness is just a testament to all that.

Drake6k
10-08-03, 23:03
I feel bad for those people. My researcher doesnt work in plaza because he makes negative money... 8|

I just ignore those people. I'd rather get a 40k offer for my HL part and say 'no thanks' then some asshole asking for me to give them the price :)

Shujin
10-08-03, 23:03
Originally posted by Xypher
The way I see it this post is about one thing: ripping people off.

If you want to rip people off then when they ask for a price you should just quote an overly high (but not too high to scare them off) price.

If you don't want to rip them off then how hard is it to quote them what you think is a "reasonable price" ?

How f*****g simple is that?

dude, its not ripping people off if they make the offer. like i said as long as its reasonable.

for instance, if i say "Selling Beserk 3 DM Offers"
if someone dms me offer of 70k i'll accept ( on saturn tehy usually go for 100k+) and that would be a deal, i would do because 70k is close enough. but if they also DM'd me 150k i would accept. its there decision

Yes I have.

You didn't "win" any argument, you just ignored any criticism while stamping your feet, covering your ears continuing to prattle on about how much flaming I was doing (When you were just as bad), claimed to be ignoring me when you would reply to every post and shoved your head up MJS' arse when he agreed with the idea.

Your overbearing smugness is just a testament to all that. and again, i look under your name where it says "Lonely' and understand why you are.

but for nids request to not argue, jus *spray* ***** be gone

MortuusLupus
10-08-03, 23:04
well auctioning a bezerk 3 is kinda funny ;P

I've got one I'm gonna sell, but it's been so long since I've seen anyone else publicly sell one, so I don't know what the going rate is these days, and I usually don't get online until after 11 or so central time (after the backup server fails and Uranus crashes) so I end up missing all the big spenders, anyway.

Helen Angilley
10-08-03, 23:07
[ Mis-quote edited - Getting perilously close to trolling now. ]

Shujin
10-08-03, 23:08
[ edited - I asked you not to argue with each other ]

Helen Angilley
10-08-03, 23:10
I am complaining about hi-jacking a Thread where I do the same in almost every Thread and, in fact, I was the one who posted comments that led to aformentioned hi-jack.

Xypher
10-08-03, 23:10
You're just turning the buying world into a guessing game.

How much is item X worth today? Without some sort of listed values then items can change in value drastically. And when I DM you with the price I payed yesterday you'll flick me off cause it's too low for today's price.

Lets say you have a range of what you'll accept for any given item. If someone asks what you want you can just quote them the top of your range. BUT what the buyer doesn't know is that you would have accepted a lower price. Same benifit. Just less of a pain for the buyer who doesn't know the current price of item X.

Shujin
10-08-03, 23:11
yep sure am, and im complaining bcuz everytime i say 1 thing off topic on any thread u b*tch so there u go. and guess what im gonna go level now so i dont give a F*ck what u talk about now that im gone

HellHound
10-08-03, 23:11
Unfortunately, it is mostly about ripping people off. Most of us know by now a fair price for parts/implants on our chosen server, so 'offers'? Please.

I remember one instance, 'selling zerk3 - dm with offers'.....

Me: 80k?

Them: lol, I was thinking more 250k.
o_O

Plus it works both ways - if I'm buying something, the reason I ask them to set a price is because I want to pay a fair price.
Maybe I'm just too much of a carebear. :p

EDIT: I may be a carebear, but will you two fucking knock it off already.... :mad:

Drake6k
10-08-03, 23:13
Originally posted by Xypher
And when I DM you with the price I payed yesterday you'll flick me off cause it's too low for today's price.

so what :D you'll be fine

MortuusLupus
10-08-03, 23:14
I know if there's something I really really want I'll pay big moneys for it. There was a guy selling a Dist-2, Targeting-2, and I think exp. Ballistic-2 and I handed him a large bag with a dollar sign printed on the side full of money for them.

Shujin
10-08-03, 23:14
and now helen, i cant see wtf u say TO reply to it ;] so :p have fun talkin to urself or bitchin at others

Nidhogg
10-08-03, 23:16
Right that's it. If you two bitch at each other one more time I will suspend you both. Just ignore each other!

N

Shujin
10-08-03, 23:18
Originally posted by Nidhogg
Right that's it. If you two bitch at each other one more time I will suspend you both. Just ignore each other!

N

i am now ;D i didnt even know there was a ignore list ;] >;/ coulda told me

Nexos
11-08-03, 01:03
err, last week i was out looking for a laptop. i went to several computer stores, and i really was pissed off, because none of the merchants asked me to make an offer, imagine, not a single one of them ! all of them had this fucking priceshields all over their store ^^

sry but you are on the absolute wrong way, if you want to sell s.th. then set a price and let your custumors decide wether they accept that price or not. that is the way the system works since money was invented.

the other way around is called an auction, so put your crap into the auction forums and stop spaming the tradechannels ;)

Mingerroo
11-08-03, 01:24
Just do what I do.

I say "how much do you want this for?" and they say "oh, give me an offer".

And i think fuck 'em, I asked first so I say "2 million please". Then they have to barter from something stupid, probably getting them a much worse deal than they could have had they just answered my question :p