PDA

View Full Version : To KK(devs, gms, whoever), do you guys plan to increase INT gain for monks?

Arcadius
10-08-03, 22:25
So that's it's realisticly cappable? I'd like an official response, even if it's some volunteer person saying "the devs think blah bloo bleeh".

I wanna know why it's so low, if it's that way for a certain reason, and why the cap is 100 IF our gain is really supposed to be that slow.

PLEASE PLEASE to other posters don't ruin this thread by hijacking it with comments like "WTF MONKS AER OVERPOWERED BOOST PISTOLS DRONERS" etc...

Rob01m
10-08-03, 22:27
Psi Monks definately need faster INT gain, right now it's at around a 5:1 ratio of PSI:INT, now that's just messed up...

Psychoninja
10-08-03, 22:30
I want capped intel on my monks :mad:
We can hardly lvl str
We can hardly lvl Dex
Con isn't so bad
Psi is one of, if not the most hardest main skill to lvl already
Intel gain is just....impossible at time, I hate gaining 1mil xp in a cave run and only getting 200 -300k in intel.

Arcadius
10-08-03, 22:32
I think our int should cap realisticly at the same time as PSI or a little later.

I capped psi and had 83 int, I then lommed and recapped soooooooooooooooooooo many times from 95 to 100 and got my int to 86 that way. I lommed to hacking and realized that those 2 precious int levels I lost will take such a long agonizing time to get back.

ericdraven
11-08-03, 09:25
And the most funny thing is - monks get 3 times more XP for a TRADESKILL than for doing what they are supposed to do - using PSI POWER.

The 33% INT gain is only valid for tradeskills. There a monk gets exactly 33% of the XP a spy gets for the same task (constructing, researching, ...).

When it comes to using PSI a monk has an INT gain of maybe 11%, and that *IS* ridiculous.
KK nerfed the INT gain of monks so that they can't be good tradeskillers? Yet still the gain for tradeskilling is 3 times higher than for using their actual power - PSI. Heh.. that's just sick.

mdares
11-08-03, 09:34
after recapping psi 10+ times i finaly am at base 89 int (w00t; heavy belts!)

this is after 4 months... of playing on average 1 hour a day on my monk... just lvling...

Arcadius
11-08-03, 09:40
KK, any official response? please? :angel:

Psychoninja
11-08-03, 09:45
Bleh, It hink KK is just trying to make monks the hardcore class :rolleyes:

The only class you have to work for, to be almighty and powerful :rolleyes:

Arcadius
11-08-03, 09:46
Originally posted by Psychoninja
Bleh, It hink KK is just trying to make monks the hardcore class :rolleyes:

The only class you have to work for, to be almighty and powerful :rolleyes:

I only see that true for PPU. I don't see how apu is THAT much different than tank, pe, spy. He has his advantages and disadvantages. Even then, i hope that's not the reason.

:confused:

gostly
11-08-03, 10:40
at 80 int and 100 psi...i cap most of my rares RoF and range...so trying to prevent us from being too powerful by nerfing the int gain isnt what it is about...all i can see it...is they dont want monks being tradeskillers...it's utterly stupid...

edit: im tired :rolleyes:

edit number 2: their have also been several several threads asking for int gain to be increased and no official response has ever been given...as if they dont plan on saying anything about it...

Parappa
11-08-03, 11:11
I think they should lower the int cap to 90 and put the extra points to maybe con. That way int would be cappable and monks wouldn't threaten spys as the main tradeskillers.

Q`alooaith
11-08-03, 11:17
Psi is slow but rewarding..

I don't think int gain is too bad, though maybe a little bit more, but not much..

gostly
11-08-03, 11:28
i gain 1 mill xp in psi before i gain 100k in int...that is slow as shit...

Arcadius
11-08-03, 11:31
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
Psi is slow but rewarding..

Uhh every class is "rewarding" when you level up.

Originally posted by Q`alooaith

I don't think int gain is too bad, though maybe a little bit more, but not much..

Are you even a monk? You can't honestly be one. You think capping and recapping PSI 5 times and still ending up with 86 int is ok? you think having about 2-3 monks on the entire server with capped int is ok???

Pitspawn
11-08-03, 12:36
Originally posted by Arcadius
you think having about 2-3 monks on the entire server with capped int is ok???

Umm id be interested to know who has actually capped int on pluto. I thought i was probably the closest at 97 base. Would be cool to know if someone is higher though.

Back on topic the last few int levels after cap dont really do much especially with powerarmour in the game. It would be cool if they implemented POWERBELTS (105 int -> 115 int) Which give the highest forms of resistance protection and nice force/pierce. Specifically designed for spies and maybe monks who are insane enough to get their int that high.

zanzan
11-08-03, 12:41
for every rank 90 mob that i kill, i gain 50k of psi and 10k of int :\

Arcadius
11-08-03, 12:42
Originally posted by Pitspawn
Umm id be interested to know who has actually capped int on pluto. I thought i was probably the closest at 97 base. Would be cool to know if someone is higher though.

I think cyl0n has it capped.

Back on topic the last few int levels after cap dont really do much especially with powerarmour in the game.

We tane take up a "minor" trade skill (barter, hacking, imp) to like 110-115 if we were able to cap int without any gimpage(maybe some SLIGHT rof gimpage).

The point is, we should be able to cap our main stats just like every other class.

Pitspawn
11-08-03, 12:50
cyl0n hasnt capped int, i know carinth was on like 95/96 last time i checked. Someone who played his char (cyl0n) told me months back he had capped int. But the guy who plays it now states hes only on like 85 or something. Which i can actually believe since his rank is like xx/61

ericdraven
11-08-03, 12:52
The point is, we should be able to cap our main stats just like every other class.

Yes, that's the main point IMHO.
The monk is the only class which can't be capped within.. a month? (don't know about spies, but PEs and tanks can be capped even faster).

Altho leveling beyond INT88 (to be able to use all heavy belts) is not really necessary for a monk, but still it's not very nice that monks are the only class which can't be capped completely within a reasonable time.. (i am going to cap INT anyhow :lol: )

Arcadius
11-08-03, 12:54
cyl0n hasnt capped int, i know carinth was on like 95/96 last time i checked. Someone who played his char (cyl0n) told me months back he had capped int. But the guy who plays it now states hes only on like 85 or something. Which i can actually believe since his rank is like xx/61

O

I guess I was wrong.

How the hell did you get it to 97 base? I seriously want to know.

I frikkin recapped my PSI so many times it's not even funny.

Pitspawn
11-08-03, 12:57
Helping apus (mainly) and a few high damage dealers level up in popular hunting grounds. I think ive helped powerlevel something like 10 apus from rank 0/2 to psi cap 8| I get about 450k int per run which can take as little as 15 minutes if i have the right group. Its not fast, but if i keep helping others level up i MAY cap in 1-2 months time :rolleyes:

Like i said though, the extra int doesnt do jack shit for me. I just use the extra psu for the really minor psi pool increase since my base ppw is so low.

ericdraven
11-08-03, 12:58
I frikkin recapped my PSI so many times it's not even funny.

You are not the only one.

I LOMed at that time where every pill made you lose a level, i LOMed level 90/91 about 15 times and recapped PSI three or four times as well.. and my INT is still at 89, pffff... o_O

FBI
11-08-03, 13:14
I don't think KK expects people to still be playing this game
by the time they could cap their monk's int.

With that said, they are ignoring the problem until they can come
back to it. (maybe because they don't want monks using heavy
protection belts, just a guess)

Or maybe they reduced the int gain a while back for some weird
reason, and now that the game has evolved so much since beta,
they havn't gotten back to it yet. Who knows?

Tanks did get a raise in const exp (i didnt notice it) so maybe
a slight increase for monks (unnoticable like tanks) :)

annnnnd that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Pitspawn
11-08-03, 13:37
Call me a freak but i enjoy having something to work on that takes me ages to get. Uh, how can i explain. There isnt much of an endgame in neocron and some way of progressing your character is cool. ATM only psis and tanks get it (psi int/tank con) Difference being that tanks can actually cap con.

I just want the sixth stat line put in :o Bring on doy damnit D:

Disturbed021
11-08-03, 16:48
Yup, been said before.
Monk Int gain is shite.
Annoying as hell to have a MAIN STAT that is sooo hard to level.
Might as well drop the 100 to 90 and give 5 points to con and 5 to Str...or heres a better one; RAISE THE F00KIN XP GAIN 4 MONKEYS!!!!!!! :D

Scikar
11-08-03, 16:54
Not just the int gain though, monks get less psi xp for the same mob than tanks get in str. So a big boost in int and a little boost in psi is needed.

ericdraven
11-08-03, 16:56
Originally posted by Scikar
Not just the int gain though, monks get less psi xp for the same mob than tanks get in str. So a big boost in int and a little boost in psi is needed.

Of course, 'cause monks get only 66% on their MAINSKILL. I still think it's only a bad joke.

Pwnage
11-08-03, 17:26
You know what boggles my mind?

The amount of INT capped monks running around Saturn.

Yeah, that was legit.

I'd like an official KK response on that one.

kthx

Scikar
11-08-03, 17:29
Originally posted by Pwnage

Yeah, that was legit.

kthx

Umm... I haven't seen very many. There's a few people I know with int getting near the cap, at about 90, but I haven't seen any with capped int.

Sokaris
11-08-03, 17:39
you know what boggles me is that you are complaining again and for what some int increase in gain on experience. You mean to tell me you feel your monks are too weak.. man a lvl 30 monk can take down almost anything without blinking.. hell the lvl 50 monks are almost impossible to kill unless you got a ppu backing you or something. Monk are the strongest class by far already and you want them more powerful.

There is just no pleasing this community.

This is not a bash or a flame just a person trying to figure out how you always want everything in 30 minutes or the game sucks.

Please I do not wish to have insults tossed either. Just let me know why you want a more powerful monk if you think they are weak as all hell.

Omnituens
11-08-03, 17:44
Originally posted by Pwnage

Yeah, that was legit.

kthx

that is one thing your NOT going to get a reply for.

btw, i HAVENT capped int before you start questioning me.

UP INT XP GAIN!

hinch
11-08-03, 18:04
Originally posted by Sokaris
you know what boggles me is that you are complaining again and for what some int increase in gain on experience. You mean to tell me you feel your monks are too weak.. man a lvl 30 monk can take down almost anything without blinking.. hell the lvl 50 monks are almost impossible to kill unless you got a ppu backing you or something. Monk are the strongest class by far already and you want them more powerful.

This is not a bash or a flame just a person trying to figure out how you always want everything in 30 minutes or the game sucks.

Please I do not wish to have insults tossed either. Just let me know why you want a more powerful monk if you think they are weak as all hell.

oh do shutup

an int capped monk is not a whole lot more powerfull than an int 80 monk
woot a whole 20 extra psu = 2 more rof
or hell the ability to hack ops in op wars or hack warbots or even make some money ressing/poking etc in p1

after all apu monks need the money for all their generep and backpack recovery costs.

and ppu`s just dont make anymoney anyway.

ressurect hybrids and leave int gain as it is.

btw for anyone interested in int 98 I know 5 int capped monks on jupiter

Disturbed021
11-08-03, 18:59
Originally posted by Sokaris

Question for you? Have you played a Monk? Have you played a monk to at least PSI level 90?
If not than heres what happens;
you level your ass off for months (hardcore players maybe weeks) and you get your PSI to 90ish. You either have to do shitloads of missions, construct stuff, implant shitloads, use pistols/rifles or recycle boosters until you have carpal tunnel syndrome to raise your Dex and str, because the monks weapons don't raise these skills like most other classes, not a big deal, noone is complaining bout that....however, the point is; it is hard as hell to level dex cause it is not something that comes naturally to a Monk....Int is one of our 2 main stats and should level at about the same rate as PSI.
Spies have dex and int as their 2 main stats and they level at the same rate. I have played as many spies and the difference between levels of int and dex are usually 1-2 if not exactly the same.
Tanks are not necessarily comaprable cause while str will increase just by using cannons the second main stat con will only increase if you are actually getting hit alot....which may or may not happen depending on your style of play.
point is why and the hell are the monks penalized by haveing a main stat gain xp at such a low level? You say cause monks are the strongest class out there and it would be unfair to raise the int xp gain....tbh that is a horrid argument thrown in here....they shouldn't gain xp like normal classes cause they are too good??...well f00k man, thats just too good of a point and I can't argue with that:rolleyes: :p

/edit forgot to answer your question. Noone wants a more powerful monk and gaining int xp at a faster rate WILL NOT create a more powerful monk.
Only give the monks more balance between the main stats and possible pickup a tradeskill such as poking or hacking which most monks do not currently have.....cause the int xp gain is soooo low and they are not willing to give up the higher RoF for a tradeskill until almost capped Int.

Progenitor
11-08-03, 19:14
I'm about 400k from Int 95 on my Monk. With Imps, I already have 100 Int.

6 more psu points aren't going to help me much at this point.

But I still want the accomplishment of finally capping my monk.

I don't see how I'll ever do that, at the current rate of Int xp gain.

Something needs to be done help accelerate that process.

-p

It could be that DoY actually comes out before I am able to cap int on my monk :)

Arcadius
11-08-03, 20:40
Please don't attempt to bait other runners into a flame fest. Keep it civil guys. Its a game.

--Garm

Disturbed021
12-08-03, 18:23
No response from KK?
Come on! This has been an issue as long as I have been playing and is utter BS!
For the love of God, please take a quick glance at this thread and bump up the monks int gain so it is more in line with the PSI xp gain.

kthx

alig
12-08-03, 18:30
Originally posted by hinch
oh do shutup

an int capped monk is not a whole lot more powerfull than an int 80 monk
woot a whole 20 extra psu = 2 more rof
or hell the ability to hack ops in op wars or hack warbots or even make some money ressing/poking etc in p1

after all apu monks need the money for all their generep and backpack recovery costs.

and ppu`s just dont make anymoney anyway.

ressurect hybrids and leave int gain as it is.

btw for anyone interested in int 98 I know 5 int capped monks on jupiter

The difference between 20 psu is quite alot, actually.

Also theres another major fucking difference between 100 int and 80 int, there called heavy belts :angel:

hinch
12-08-03, 18:32
86 base and you can use heavy belts and from 80-86 isnt "that" difficult can prolly do it in a week if you dont play hardcore

Progenitor
12-08-03, 19:14
Originally posted by hinch
86 base and you can use heavy belts and from 80-86 isnt "that" difficult can prolly do it in a week if you dont play hardcore

Yes, but at what cost?

The core (and DS if you are lucky enough to have one) is the only PSI based imp that adds INT.

Base 86, plus +5 from core, +1 from smart-cyber eye = 92

The Advanced Nerves 3 add +5 INT, but the negatives are bad and that only gets you to 97.

To get to INT 99 to use the Heavy Poison belt you'd still need something more.

You have to take out some of your PSI imps wouldn't you - unless you drug up to do that.

A monk isn't going to put any of the hacking cpu's in. The mind control ones - maybe (hit to STR is bad) That leaves the construction chips.

A sacrifice, just to use the heavy belts, but doable - I guess - I'd still wait untill INT 87 before doing that, then you wouldn't need the Advanced Nerves and can just use construction 3.

-p

And he is right - 80-86 or even 87 isn't that difficult. Not compared with 87 - 93 or 94.

Disturbed021
13-08-03, 03:51
Rated this 5 stars.
I just want some one from KK (GM, Dev, etc...) to respond at some point to this as it has been crappy and ppl have been complaining bout this for long long time.