PDA

View Full Version : The Local List (Again)

MrBane
10-08-03, 21:00
Here's a suggestion.

The local list is a service provided to everyone by City Admin in co-operation with NEXT.

The local list is a security feature of Safezones in Neocron, to further prevent attack, (Theory).

So if you enter Pepper Park for instance, because of the state of lawlessness in there, someone has sabotaged the Promixity Satellite Recievers. So you can't see who's in Local.

This adds another edge to PP, and allows you to stage ambushes.

At the same time, in Anarchy & Warzones, along with the removal of the Local List, we need to have the Removal of Faction & Rank.

How? Well, as there aren't any uniforms, how would we feasibly know that someone belongs to a certain Faction without talking to them?

Losing this information, is without a doubt, possibly the biggest step Reakktor could take towards increasing Roleplay in this game, as you would have to talk to someone before killing them, in case you took out an Allied Faction, or someone 20x stronger than you.

Lets put our thoughts forward and make this happen.

Helen Angilley
10-08-03, 21:04
I can see the merits behind this idea but...oof, wouldn't it be a coding nightmare?

Scikar
10-08-03, 21:07
If people lose their faction on the hud in warzones then there should be a uniform they can wear which gives some kind of bonus to encourage people in actual OP wars to identify themselves.

Also bear in mind you can expect a lot more ganking regardless of faction, sorta like "I don't recognise you so I'm gonna kill you."

KimmyG
10-08-03, 21:08
Originally posted by MrBane
[BAt the same time, in Anarchy & Warzones, along with the removal of the Local List, we need to have the Removal of Faction & Rank. [/B]

Yea real great kill someone take SL cause u didnt know who they were spend next next few hours doing missions

Arcadius
10-08-03, 21:12
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
I can see the merits behind this idea but...oof, wouldn't it be a coding nightmare?

I dunno Helen, I thought "wouldn't this and that take alot of coding?" but i've seen KK do alot of things that make me think they have a hell of alot more power than people think.

Originally posted by Scikar
If people lose their faction on the hud in warzones then there should be a uniform they can wear which gives some kind of bonus to encourage people in actual OP wars to identify themselves.

Also bear in mind you can expect a lot more ganking regardless of faction, sorta like "I don't recognise you so I'm gonna kill you."

omg excellent idea.

Originally posted by KimmyG
Yea real great kill someone take SL cause u didnt know who they were spend next next few hours doing missions

So? If they have negative SL their name can still appear in Yellow. If it's an enemy, well you will only know if you saw them in the city first or if you fought them before.

I think it's a great idea Mr.Bane. Needs some tweaks, but overall i'm in favor of it.

[TgR]KILLER
10-08-03, 21:23
Would be fun for n00bs leveling in say MB.. no more omg there is ... is comming RUN.. they just stand there and get ganked @ 1m away

MortuusLupus
10-08-03, 21:38
Originally posted by KimmyG

There's an easy solution to this. Don't kill people just because you can see them.

Lord Cypher
10-08-03, 21:40
I agree with the local list in the Anarchy / Warzones 100%

Howerver, I don't believe that getting rid of Faction and Rank in Anarchy Zones / Warzones / Wastelands should happen.

Frotto
10-08-03, 22:04
o but we would all know who the ca spies and pe's are.. cauz they gots the uber spy armor :)

QuantumDelta
10-08-03, 22:08
I hate the idea of removing faction/clan tags tbh... not with the system as it currently is -_-

KRIMINAL99
10-08-03, 22:32
well thats the most rediculous thing ive ever heard... First noone could sabotage someone elses satellite reciever without stealing it from that person first. Second how the heck do you think anyone would organize OP fights and stuff like that?

ITS A COMPUTER GAME. IF YOU WANT REALISM GO LIVE YOUR LIFE. ... lol

Plus besides that you don't know what kind of technology could exist in the future. Maybe in real life one day everyone will have eye implant satellite recievers that give information on ppl they see and itll look just like neocron lol

and btw it wouldnt stop rpking at all, it would just add to the confusion

Mattimeo
11-08-03, 00:29
Originally posted by KRIMINAL99
well thats the most rediculous thing ive ever heard... First noone could sabotage someone elses satellite reciever without stealing it from that person first. Second how the heck do you think anyone would organize OP fights and stuff like that?

ITS A COMPUTER GAME. IF YOU WANT REALISM GO LIVE YOUR LIFE. ... lol

Plus besides that you don't know what kind of technology could exist in the future. Maybe in real life one day everyone will have eye implant satellite recievers that give information on ppl they see and itll look just like neocron lol

and btw it wouldnt stop rpking at all, it would just add to the confusion

Getting to the realism thing, you know they're currently experimenting with small transmiters/recievers in licence plates here in the US, the idea is that the police can get all the cars registration information right off of the reciever, and can even set it to broadcast a signal that it's stolen to other nearby police. if we can fit this into a licence plate, I'm sure in the future we could have it broadcasting all our personal information as well. Scary thought but... It's still very realistically possible.