PDA

View Full Version : WTF is a carebear

Hayato
10-08-03, 20:43
comon let me have a real explantion of this "carebear"

Mighty Max
10-08-03, 20:44
me for example

Someone who _care_ bout others, and isnt pure egoistic ...

bounty
10-08-03, 20:44
someone that writes about it on the forums for starters.

Drake6k
10-08-03, 20:49
Someone who is against pvp. They want everyone to get along and can't stand getting hurt. Some 'carebear' changes have happened in Neocron and kk even called them that. :lol: The belt drop system, safe 1st slot, safe zones, SL loss for killing in leveling area, and dropping everything when you get bad SL.

Helen Angilley
10-08-03, 20:53
Anyone that doesn't agree with a PK'er or a "Hardcore" PVP'er.

Funnily enough, these people who want to gain something after killing another player, don't want restrictions on where the can....etc are those who say EVE's PVP system is "boring and utter shite".

Hmm.

Hayato
10-08-03, 20:53
Ty Drake for giving a real answer :D

Arcadius
10-08-03, 21:15
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
Anyone that doesn't agree with a PK'er or a "Hardcore" PVP'er.

Funnily enough, these people who want to gain something after killing another player, don't want restrictions on where the can....etc are those who say EVE's PVP system is "boring and utter shite".

Hmm.

It depends. You can't really just compare stuff you lose between games without looking at the games closely.

For example when my mage in ultima died, he dropped EVERYTHING ON HIM freely lootable by anyone who had the courage to go "criminal"(grey for 2 minutes) and loot me.

However, UNLIKE neocron, my mage wasn't MADE by his equipment. So that was still not such a big set back. Their were many times I had my corpse 100% completely looted, except of my black clothes haha. In neocron if I lost absolutely everything on death, well I would quit. :)

But I agree that the term carebear is thrown around too much.

It's sort of like "powergamer". all these silly black and white stereotypes need to be done with.

Scikar
10-08-03, 21:22
A carebear imo is not just anyone who is opposed to the PvP aspect. It's someone who doesn't want to have to take any risk at all and wants the game to do all his work for him.

Mighty Max
10-08-03, 21:26
. It's someone who doesn't want to have to take any risk at all and wants the game to do all his work for him.

I look on me like a carebear, and the above points doesnt describe me.

I get called a Carebear by helping noobs, or by not going into PP. if im ordered too. Simply the term Carebear is missused often to brag about the own "strength".

Scikar
10-08-03, 21:30
Originally posted by Mighty Max
I look on me like a carebear, and the above points doesnt describe me.

I get called a Carebear by helping noobs, or by not going into PP. if im ordered too. Simply the term Carebear is missused often to brag about the own "strength".

That's not being a carebear. That's just being friendly (when you help the noobs) and being sensible (by not going into PP to fight 5 people by yourself). People use the term too much, just like 'noob,' and yes they use it because people refuse to fight them etc. but to me it still means what I described.

MortuusLupus
10-08-03, 21:36
The Ubar peekayers use carebear to describe everyone with an LE in. If they can't kill you you're lame, you suck, should go play EverQuest, etc.

If you don't think Neocron should be played like a giant game of CS or Quake, you might be a carebear.

If you think there should be places where people can feel safe, you might be a carebear.

If you don't believe that the number of dogtags in your cabinets is an indicator of the size of your penis, chances are you're a carebear.

If someone turns to you and says "Fuck u u fuking caerbear," odds are that you are, in fact, a carebear.

If you use more than 2% of your brain on a regular basis, that's a sure sign that you are a carebear.

Hope this helps

HellHound
10-08-03, 21:38
I'm probably a carebear then, I only fail on the last point. o_O

MortuusLupus
10-08-03, 21:44
I think the real question here, though, is who is WTF, and why do you think he's a carebear?

Arcadius
10-08-03, 21:46
Originally posted by MortuusLupus
I think the real question here, though, is who is WTF, and why do you think he's a carebear?

roflmao

:lol:

Btw I tend to hate labels because I have nearly a little of every label in me, except "hardcore pker" I just don't have the heart for that.

KRIMINAL99
10-08-03, 22:08
IMO there are 2 types.

1. The real type that doesn't want anyone to get hurt, would never act out in anger, tries to help everyone in a game, thinks everyone should get along. Probably none of these play Neocron.

2. The full of sh## hypocrite who makes excuses when he dies in an obviously pvp game claiming that it was "wrong" for whatever contrived reason and then goes on to do or attempt to do the same thing to other people.

The reason everyone calls people carebears who complain about dying is because they are making a point that:

A. If the person really thinks its wrong to pk other players they picked the wrong game to play, and even if they did play it they shouldnt be playing without an LE. The point is its obvious the person doesn't really think there is anything wrong with pking, they just don't like it happening to them and they are in denial that they may have lost fairly (weather they did or not).

B. Everyone knows there are no real carebears in Neocron. They are telling the "carebear" to either go play games where there isn't PVP and all the nasty stuff in Neocron, or else stop complaining just cause they were on the recieving end instead of the dealing end.

HellHound
10-08-03, 22:36
Originally posted by KRIMINAL99
1. The real type that doesn't want anyone to get hurt, would never act out in anger, tries to help everyone in a game, thinks everyone should get along. Probably none of these play Neocron.

-----------------

B. Everyone knows there are no real carebears in Neocron. They are telling the "carebear" to either go play games where there isn't PVP and all the nasty stuff in Neocron, or else stop complaining just cause they were on the recieving end instead of the dealing end.

'No there are no carebears in Neocron, absolutely none. The rumours of carebears are all lies.' :rolleyes:

There are real carebears in Neocron, even if I'm the only one. Er... that might not make much sense with the plurality, but you know what I mean. o_O
Even when I was getting killed once a day for being part of a clan that wasn't at war with/a threat to anyone, I never would have considered taking my frustration out on another player (except those specifically responsible for killing me, which I don't think makes me a 'full of shite hypocrite'). No, what I did was say goodbye to my clanmates and stick my LE back in, and all was right with the world once more.

MortuusLupus
10-08-03, 22:53
If you're not in TG, and never have been a member of TG, you might be a carebear.

If you think killing everyone you see because you're "roleplaying a mass murderer" is about the most retarded thing you've ever heard, you could very well be a carebear.

If people tell you to STFU and "Put your le in n00b" because they just killed you without provocation and without any fear of you retaliating because you're 20 ranks lower than they, you probably are a carebear.

If you think there's more to Neocron than rampant deathmatch, you are a shoein for the title of carebear.

If you've ever been upset about being killed as you step out of a GR, you're walking down the road to Carebear Land.

If you've finished puberty, you're likely a carebear.

KRIMINAL99
10-08-03, 23:04
Originally posted by HellHound
'No there are no carebears in Neocron, absolutely none. The rumours of carebears are all lies.' :rolleyes:

There are real carebears in Neocron, even if I'm the only one. Er... that might not make much sense with the plurality, but you know what I mean. o_O
Even when I was getting killed once a day for being part of a clan that wasn't at war with/a threat to anyone, I never would have considered taking my frustration out on another player (except those specifically responsible for killing me, which I don't think makes me a 'full of shite hypocrite'). No, what I did was say goodbye to my clanmates and stick my LE back in, and all was right with the world once more.

If there are, then there are. Nothing about my post insulted anyone that really did have that mind set, nor would anyone who was a real "carebear" find any reason to be insulted by my post. Heck Im that way in real life.

You sound like your about medium. I wouldn't call you a "full of sh## hypocrite" but to be honest your still a hypocrite. If you hate the people who killed you and make excuses that they did something wrong then you are no different. In real life someone could point a gun in my face and I would joke with them about it- (have) because I really understand people and what causes them to do things. If I had to shoot someone to stop them from shooting someone else I would do it- But only because it had to be done. I still get angry about stuff, and still get angry when I get pked in neocron. I just don't try to make up some reason why it was wrong or unfair that the dude pked me and keep going with that excuse knowing that its bs. Or post threads about "TEH STUPID PKARS" on the forum.

@ Lupus Enough already... There are probably twice as many "anti Pker" whiners that are immature and selfish as there are Pkers.

Drake6k
10-08-03, 23:08

ROFLMMFAO :lol: that is almost sig quality

/edit
Hell that would be at the end of my sig now but I have a carebear dying already... so... no :D

Vila
10-08-03, 23:10
pvp is for bad people!

MortuusLupus
10-08-03, 23:12
@ Lupus Enough already... There are probably twice as many "anti Pker" whiners that are immature and selfish as there are Pkers.

But whining won't kill you when you step out of a GR. Whining won't kill you while you're leveling at the bunker. Wining doesn't kill scores of noobs in sewers. If whining pisses you off, you can put someone on ignore. There is no button to push to make the UBAR PEEKAYARS dissappear. Apart from the power button that is, but that defeats the whole purpose of the game then.

HellHound
10-08-03, 23:18
There is no button to push to make the UBAR PEEKAYARS dissappear.

No button, but drag an LE to a free brain slot. That works.

And @Kriminal - I certainly never said I 'hated' anyone, I just said that I considered that when someone PKed me, they went in a small list in my head called 'valid targets'. I don't see anything hypocritcal about that. I never said they did anything 'wrong', and I don't see the problem with my decision. Even true carebears should be allowed to fight back, you know. :D

MortuusLupus
10-08-03, 23:22

And @Kriminal - I certainly never said I 'hated' anyone, I just said that I considered that when someone PKed me, they went in a small list in my head called 'valid targets'. I don't see anything hypocritcal about that. I never said they did anything 'wrong', and I don't see the problem with my decision. Even true carebears should be allowed to fight back, you know. :D

Yeah, I've got mine in, but what I was saying was that it's a lot easier to ignore the whiners than it is the l337 PKers. Though that story about the guy at CRP with his LE in getting yelled at by the tank was quite amusing.

QuantumDelta
10-08-03, 23:32
In otherwords, it's personal oppinion, has no set meaning, just another one of those "insults" people throw around because they don't understand or appreciate another persons point of view.

Normally, both sides in their extremity are just as ignorant and selfish as eachother, but it really wouldn't stop them arguing.

Since StereoType A:
Pubesent Teen With Angst against the world = PKer.

And StereoType B:
Someone who doesn't play much complaining about people with advantages over them. = Carebear.

and a hundred other variations in between.

You wont get a real answer from this, since both "sides" are generally just as insecure as the other.

KRIMINAL99
10-08-03, 23:36
But whining won't kill you when you step out of a GR. Whining won't kill you while you're leveling at the bunker. Wining doesn't kill scores of noobs in sewers. If whining pisses you off, you can put someone on ignore. There is no button to push to make the UBAR PEEKAYARS dissappear. Apart from the power button that is, but that defeats the whole purpose of the game then.

Well first off theres the LE. SEcond the whole purpose of the game is to PVP and win... Its a PVP based game. If you wanna play the game, play the game. If KK didnt intend for people to be shot while Impaired doesn't it occur to you that they wouldnt have made Synaptic Impairment? Don't come into neocron a totally PVP game where the whole point is to fight other people and then make up excuses just cause you lose instead of win.

MortuusLupus
10-08-03, 23:36
Well Gee, thanks for removing all the metaphor and symbolism and imagery and stuff, Mr. QD. Trying to show the absurdity of the name calling without explicitly saying it, then you go and reduce my posts to mere humo(u)r by just saying it outright...:mad:

:p

Vila
10-08-03, 23:37
If theres guns made in the game, why not to use em against the ugly people?

still dont make sense to whine "OMG I GOT KILLED BY whatever"
shit happends and it maybe hurt when u lost cs, but still it goes on. get moore experience and the revenge will be urs

QuantumDelta
10-08-03, 23:38
:p Mortuus

KRIMINAL99
10-08-03, 23:39

Yes of course your right, but then why did you flam me lol I was never saying there was anything wrong with "real carebears" to begin with. I just assumed that since you flamed me you probably still were the type to complain about them and make excuses etc. or my post wouldnt have made you mad.

KRIMINAL99
10-08-03, 23:41
Lupus... its a PVP game. All that stuff is there to support the pvp. Do I have to go back and quote every line on the box, the website, by the dev staff etc. Indicating that this is primarily a pvp game? Just because its more involved then quake3 where you have nothing to gain or lose doesn't mean its not PVP based.

Do tradeskillers in Neocron make Ice cream cones or do they make assualt weapons?

Helen Angilley
10-08-03, 23:42
Lupus... its a PVP game. All that stuff is there to support the pvp. Do I have to go back and quote every line on the box, the website, by the dev staff etc. Indicating that this is primarily a pvp game? Just because its more involved then quake3 where you have nothing to gain or lose doesn't mean its not PVP based.

Neocron is not a PVP game.

It's an MMORPG where PVP is one of it's main elements. :rolleyes:

HellHound
10-08-03, 23:43
It wasn't a flame, sorry if it read that way. I was just pointing out that the statement 'there are no carebears' doesn't hold true, and my way of doing it was just a little joke which might have sounded more sarcastic than it was meant.
Looking back, I probably should have noticed the 'IMO' but I hope this clears things up?

EDIT: 'Do tradeskillers in Neocron make Ice cream cones or do they make assault weapons?' :lol:
Well, if ice creams were bpable.... but as it stands I make TARs by the bucketload.

:angel:

QuantumDelta
10-08-03, 23:44
It's RolePlaying Player Vs Player Based.

Why do 99.99% of people forget to mention that?

Oh yeah.....cuz they're wrapped up with "omg you killed me :(" or "hawrahwra I pwnz0r j00."

:rolleyes:

edit;
Helen get outta my head you're slowing my reply speed :PPPPPPPP

And get on MSN :/

MortuusLupus
10-08-03, 23:44
Yeah, I took it back because I didn't want this thread to become a PvP/non-PvP flame thread.

I just feel that the game allows and has support for non-PvP play, and because of that there oughtn't be any of this UBAR PEEKAYAR/n00b caerbear name calling. It's a gameplay choice, nothing more.

Hidden Godoffej
10-08-03, 23:45
http://thejeph.adratek.com/media/images/misc/carebear.gif
This is a carebear

:D

HellHound
10-08-03, 23:52
Originally posted by Hidden Godoffej
http://thejeph.adratek.com/media/images/misc/carebear.gif
This is a carebear

And that's a definitive answer. :D

Traum
10-08-03, 23:54
Me is a carebear... and you find us here (http://www.carebears.de/forum). :D

QuantumDelta
10-08-03, 23:58
Pink Overload man....

KRIMINAL99
10-08-03, 23:59
Neocron is not a PVP game.

It's an MMORPG where PVP is one of it's main elements. :rolleyes: Its THE main element, or at least it was always supposed to be. THE MAIN element has been all but destroyed, the game is now practically a wasteland, and the few people left are clinging to other elements which just happen to exist in the game but exist much better in many other games. Just because the game was PVP based doesn't mean it couldnt have other elements just to make it better.

Don't forget, the game had an awesome original plan by a group of brilliant developers that are now gone. In their abscence their plan has been undone step by step probably at the command of a "market analysis" team and turned into a game with only mediocre social interaction elements which could be satisfied 10x greater by many other games on the market.

KRIMINAL99
11-08-03, 00:01
Yeah, I took it back because I didn't want this thread to become a PvP/non-PvP flame thread.

I just feel that the game allows and has support for non-PvP play, and because of that there oughtn't be any of this UBAR PEEKAYAR/n00b caerbear name calling. It's a gameplay choice, nothing more.

Well I can agree on that except for the people that straddle the line and take shelter on one side when the other doesnt work out.

Helen Angilley
11-08-03, 00:04
Its THE main element, or at least it was always supposed to be. THE MAIN element has been all but destroyed, the game is now practically a wasteland, and the few people left are clinging to other elements which just happen to exist in the game but exist much better in many other games.

It's not the main element.

If PVP was the main element then the game would be Planetside, not Neocron.

There might be more people who take part in PVP (Or at least, the more vocal people do :rolleyes: ), but that does not, by long way, mean that PVP is Neocron's main "pull".

If PVP was the main element then any Roleplay additions, storyline and so forth would be neglected and not focused on by people such as Lupus.

HellHound
11-08-03, 00:09
The 'main element' thing has been discussed many times and was completely pointless to start with. People find enjoyment in different things, this is a game after all. It's subjective, obviously it's not even a minor element for those of us who don't engage in it, but if it's your main reason for playing that should be fine with the rest of us.

KRIMINAL99
11-08-03, 00:14

Oh yeah thats brilliant logic right there... Right up there with 1+1 = 2 ... ffs

There might be more people who take part in PVP (Or at least, the more vocal people do :rolleyes: ), but that does not, by long way, mean that PVP is Neocron's main "pull".

If PVP was the main element then any Roleplay additions, storyline and so forth would be neglected and not focused on by people such as Lupus.

Once again you are making silly generalizations. Just because Planetside = PVP and Planetside does not have roleplaying elements does not mean that PVP means no roleplaying elements, nor does it mean that roleplaying elements doesnt mean a game is PVP based. Every hardcore PVPer that left Neocron said Planetside sucked BECAUSE it lacked the roleplaying PVP that Neocron had before the quickbelt lock.

Let me give you an equation THAT you should memorize. ROLEPLAYING does not = sitting around with a bunch of friends bonding and telling stories and never even thinking of competing with each other like all the AD&D geeks seem to think is the definition of the word.

In the old days PVP was too difficult to manage while roleplaying. With the advent of computers that has changed. So stop clinging on to this idea that roleplaying means that people never compete or attack each other

Drake6k
11-08-03, 00:23
/me points at sig

QuantumDelta
11-08-03, 00:24
However, Krim, since I know who you are now, I can quite honestly say you wouldn't know RPing if it bit you on the ass o_O

Traum
11-08-03, 00:25
Originally posted by Drake6k
/me points at sig

Your sig is bad :(

Helen Angilley
11-08-03, 00:26
Oh yeah thats brilliant logic right there... Right up there with 1+1 = 2 ... ffs

Once again you are making silly generalizations. Just because Planetside = PVP and Planetside does not have roleplaying elements does not mean that PVP means no roleplaying elements, nor does it mean that roleplaying elements doesnt mean a game is PVP based. Every hardcore PVPer that left Neocron said Planetside sucked BECAUSE it lacked the roleplaying PVP that Neocron had before the quickbelt lock.

Let me give you an equation THAT you should memorize. ROLEPLAYING does not = sitting around with a bunch of friends bonding and telling stories and never even thinking of competing with each other like all the AD&D geeks seem to think is the definition of the word.

In the old days PVP was too difficult to manage while roleplaying. With the advent of computers that has changed. So stop clinging on to this idea that roleplaying means that people never compete or attack each other

I didn't generalise, but you made an assumption.

I used Roleplaying an example, that isn't the main part of Neocron, nor is PVP.

I'm fully aware that Roleplaying is more than that, funnily enough, generalised statement _you_ made about Roleplaying.

I'm not clinging onto anything, but it would appear you are....that is to say, clinging onto the idea that PVP can only be complete if you gain something from ganking another Runner (You still can gain something from them, just not in their first slot. If you're too lazy to get off your arse and find a hacker...tough, that's your problem).

EDIT: Oh, if PVP means so much to someone then yes, yes they would've found a way to do it before "the advent of computers". How the fuck do you explain Vampire: The Masquerade and the dozens upon dozens of combat based DnD scenarios?

Scikar
11-08-03, 00:30
I'm not clinging onto anything, but it would appear you are....that is to say, clinging onto the idea that PVP can only be complete if you gain something from ganking another Runner (You still can gain something from them, just not in their first slot. If you're too lazy to get off your arse and find a hacker...tough, that's your problem).

No. He's pointing out that the need for a hacker in order to get loot from an enemy is damaging to the PvP aspect of the game. In much the same way that being childish and immature is damaging to the RP aspect, really.

KRIMINAL99
11-08-03, 00:31
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
However, Krim, since I know who you are now, I can quite honestly say you wouldn't know RPing if it bit you on the ass o_O

No you can't, thats a biased statement. But you wont explain yourself cause you know that.

The game was originally designed to allow people to roleplay criminals of any type. My "spree" got cut right in the middle and left me without a way to play the game when suddenly roleplaying a criminal meant that you lost your entire inventory every time you died. How many people do you know that have a 6 or 7 stanza poem just to describe their character? Or who talked in character 90% of the time in game?

My character was a crazed murderous crahn sect gen tank who foamed at the mouth and constantly spewed disturbing banter to people. Crahn Sect is known to perform bizarre expiraments on people and do all kinds of nasty things. (psi spiders)

QuantumDelta
11-08-03, 00:34
*Raises eyebrow*

You had never came across (until the very end of your "spree") as in character, the one time I ever caught you being something like a reasonably IC moment was in TG Canyon, but seriously.

All you ever did was pick on lowbies, people under you, you didn't just disappear when things got hard to do with soul light, you disappeared when the people you had had under your thumb started to become better than you.

Edit:

Zed RPed.

Helen Angilley
11-08-03, 00:34
Originally posted by Scikar
No. He's pointing out that the need for a hacker in order to get loot from an enemy is damaging to the PvP aspect of the game. In much the same way that being childish and immature is damaging to the RP aspect, really.

...and I pointed out that if he couldn't be bothered to find a Hacker, then tough.

He can't be that serious about PVP if he gets so errant about material possessions in a computer game.

KRIMINAL99
11-08-03, 00:43
You said :

That clearly indicates that you thought pvp and roleplay were mutually exclusive, and therefore my implication that you thought they were mutually exclusive was not an assumption. If I had said YOU were an ADD geek then that wouldve been a generalization, but I didn't say that because I don't know for sure. I admit I implied that might be the case in my statement, but not in a way that was relevant to the integrity of my argument. It was done because frankly I am becoming irritated with people who refuse to check their own logic and believe that they are right, not because of the intense scrutiny they have put their opinions through, but because of some inherent god given right to never be wrong.

Close, but the real idea I am clinging to is that there has to be a risk involved in pvp to make it fun. There has to be a chance to loose something of REAL RECOGNIZED value, and a chance to gain soemthing of REAL RECOGNIZED value. They have to be balanced or close to it, and they have to be of signifigance. Right now if you happen to be a hacker the balance is chance to gain a 4k piece of armour to sell or loose your armour which costs 20k to buy another. Major discouragement. Im talking about 50k vs 50k AT LEAST. Everyone knows Character specialization involving hackers doesnt work, hackers simply will not follow people around hacking their belts other than for extremem amounts of money cause its boring as SH##. Its basically a screwed up, unfair system.

Helen Angilley
11-08-03, 00:46
You said :

That clearly indicates that you thought pvp and roleplay were mutually exclusive, and therefore my implication that you thought they were mutually exclusive was not an assumption. If I had said YOU were an ADD geek then that wouldve been a generalization, but I didn't say that because I don't know for sure. I admit I implied that might be the case in my statement, but not in a way that was relevant to the integrity of my argument. It was done because frankly I am becoming irritated with people who refuse to check their own logic and believe that they are right, not because of the intense scrutiny they have put their opinions through, but because of some inherent god given right to never be wrong.

If you're going to quote me, then read my other posts. :rolleyes:

I said that was an example, nothing else. I could have said that Neocron would've neglected the bugs if PVP was the single main element. Christ...

And it's quite the thing to say that you're fed up of people who think they're "never wrong". ;)

KRIMINAL99
11-08-03, 00:53
If you're going to quote me, then read my other posts. :rolleyes:

I said that was an example, nothing else. I could have said that Neocron would've neglected the bugs if PVP was the single main element. Christ...

And it's quite the thing to say that you're fed up of people who think they're "never wrong". ;)

I didn't say that. I said Im tired of people who think they are never wrong but never subject their thought process to scrutiny to make sure that there is no bias or illogical thinking. I repeat.. People don't have a god given to be right sometimes. They have a right to be right when they earn it by making sure they are right. And many people like you don't want to bother to do that but still want to come on forums and argue with people who do think carefully.

KRIMINAL99
11-08-03, 01:06
*Raises eyebrow*

You had never came across (until the very end of your "spree") as in character, the one time I ever caught you being something like a reasonably IC moment was in TG Canyon, but seriously.

All you ever did was pick on lowbies, people under you, you didn't just disappear when things got hard to do with soul light, you disappeared when the people you had had under your thumb started to become better than you.

Edit:

Zed RPed.

OO... Ok I was obviously totally wrong about you... your an idiot..
I attacked everyone I saw... I started pking when i was 0/2... I bursted into Pepper Park at one chev and started attacking 3 star chars... eventually I got to 2 chev and started killing people over twice my rank.. I didn't "Pick" on anyone I just wandered around randomly and attacked anyone I ran into. I never killed anyone at a genrep or anyone whose rank was grey to me specifically for fairness reasons. I can't think of one time when I lost a fight to anyone 1v1. I didnt say I was playing as a legitimate Crahn faction member. I said I was playing as a murderous psycho created by crahn. You do not get to decide what type of roleplay is valid and what is not.

And yes, I DID dissapear due to the sl changes. I tried to alter my character at first to play according to the rules, but all the people I had pked before were still hell bent on getting me back anyways. I wasn't worried about my soullight before, so I didn't understand the system enough to deal with the fact that everyone in my own faction was attacking me and I seemingly couldn't fight back without turning red. And even if I did know how to use it, it still woulda been a pain in the butt because even people that weren't attacking me were healing/sheltering etc. the ones who did attack me and lose sl.

Considering I started out dieing every 2 seconds as a lowbie and left the server having owned everyone on it in pvp, I think the statement you made is utterly rediculous.

Hidden Godoffej
11-08-03, 01:09
Quit power-posting! Cripes.

Edit the previous message and add additional replies. That's a rule!

KRIMINAL99
11-08-03, 01:10
Originally posted by Hidden Godoffej
Quit power-posting! Cripes.

Edit the previous message and add additional replies. That's a rule!

Oh sorry

QuantumDelta
11-08-03, 01:12
3 star chars?
Please.
Uranus only had one or two "uber hybrids."

RP Requires output of more than just "Ohh thing .... Kill" - When you don't talk to people and people don't understand you're RPing, all it is, is senseless Gank.

As for "Not attacking anyone with grey rank to me" haha, yea, tell that to the newbs that I had to keep coming to guard while they picked up their belongings because you had just killed them and Disappeared off into the night instead of fighting.

I at least gave you one bit of credit, you didn't run your mouth like Ginger, but you may as well have been a deaf dumb mute for the way you played the game.

As for owning everyone.

come back and duel me kiddo....

KRIMINAL99
11-08-03, 01:32
3 star chars?
Please.
Uranus only had one or two "uber hybrids."

RP Requires output of more than just "Ohh thing .... Kill" - When you don't talk to people and people don't understand you're RPing, all it is, is senseless Gank.

As for "Not attacking anyone with grey rank to me" haha, yea, tell that to the newbs that I had to keep coming to guard while they picked up their belongings because you had just killed them and Disappeared off into the night instead of fighting.

I at least gave you one bit of credit, you didn't run your mouth like Ginger, but you may as well have been a deaf dumb mute for the way you played the game.

As for owning everyone.

come back and duel me kiddo....

So maybe it was 2 stars? Big deal. The point is I attacked everyone in sight. What part of the definition of roleplay says that the other people have to ACCEPT the way you do it? And don't give me that they didn't understand... there isn't anything complicated about a character named eVeRyOnE mUsT dIe!!! running around laughing hystarically.

My rank never got above like 35 at the very end which prettymuch means that only /10 and lower were grey. And I didn't kill them. If by noob you mean rank 50 spies or rank 15 tanks or anyone green then yeah like I said GREY rank. I didn't run from anyone, but I didn't waste my time hanging around places waiting for whoever might or might not come either. I just wandered around randomly.

Ok ill come back.... Is this gonna be another one of those endurance matches where I have to kill your clanmates first and then try to chase you before you get away or is it just going to be you?

QuantumDelta
11-08-03, 01:33
Read my occupation, for answer..

And Please tell me you're STR Capped o_O

HellHound
11-08-03, 01:34
*sigh*

I'm guessing neither of you guys are the definition of a carebear?
:p

QuantumDelta
11-08-03, 01:34
I'm the type to defend carebears, but since real "carebears" in this game most likely have their LEs in, I just defend the weak.

KRIMINAL99
11-08-03, 01:37
Well no actually I deleted that char because I wanted to redo his Resists and was thinking about starting over with a different name now that I was unable to play a criminal any more.

I have a tradeskill team on uranus, I could use drugs and imps and have him to lvl 80 in a day but Itd take probably a week to str cap... And Im running a 30 member clan on saturn atm... I will be back at some point, hopefully soon.

QuantumDelta
11-08-03, 01:40
It's still possible to play a criminal now, but it actually requires interacting with others, because unless you make sure other people know you are RPing you will always be seen as "teh evul mutha fukka"

Suggestion:
We duel on Test server. :P

Beefheart
11-08-03, 02:02
This is a carebears PC
http://www.waaazup.com/p/uploads/TmC_comp.jpe

And BTW.... Holy Crap !!!!!I thought I was cranky sometimes, but someone......some poster in this thread is really in a bad mood 27/7/365

Relax sister, lifes too short to be so bitter all the time.

Promethius
11-08-03, 02:17
My definition of a care bear-

A person who doesn't really take part in PvP.

Of course this varies there are some who whine and complain about certain PvP aspects. blah blah my quickkbelt. wheres my LE...

Thou not all carebears are whiners. Some just play for PvM (god knows why). They are aight doing there own thing.

But i also consider people who WHINE and complain about dieing... no matter there rank / class / clan or anything. After i kill someone and they whine about it i usually tag them as a carebear.

The way i look at it is.... Ya fight ya die.. 43% Si later ur out fighting again. You may lose an item or 10 but ya still fightin.

Ste-X
11-08-03, 03:01
I PK YOU PROMETHIUS!

Promethius
11-08-03, 03:02
Put ur le back in noob =P.

Ste-X
11-08-03, 03:03
I DONT HAVE ONE :(

Promethius
11-08-03, 03:05
just type /gm spawn_le 1

Ste-X
11-08-03, 03:08
:rolleyes: ;) :D :lol: :angel:

Promethius
11-08-03, 03:14
this may be a bit off topic but i used this on a group of newb..

I told this story and said, eeveryone who wants lots of money use this command code to contact me /set kill_self 1

honestly i didn't think this would work. But to my surprise i saw about 3-5 qb's pop outa these corpses... it was rather ammusing.

hivemind
11-08-03, 04:08
Your sig is bad
Not as bad as my avatar Traumileinchen :angel:

When I use the word carebear, I use it to mean either a person who doesn't like PvP (for whatever reason) or who wants harsher penalties for winning in PvP (for whatever reason).

And KRIMINAL99? Your character was a moronic joke on Uranus. You stand a snowballs chance in hell of winning a fight where you don't outrank the opponent by 15 ranks, don't jump someone who is hunting, or both. You were an annoyance, a buzzing gnat.

REMUS
11-08-03, 05:18
my definition of care bear is

a person that doesnt want confrintation, pauses before acting in aggressive way, lets himself be shot and killed without retaliateing, wears a LE beyond the rank of 45 if the are any other class than an spy ;) i dont use the term care bear very often,

real life, exsample:

i got called one once by an ex T.A member and i attacked him with the intent to kill even tho he was ppu buffed :p the reason being i told him not to attack a ca runner, which was carebearish (and stupid) i have to admit.

(cant be asked to quote the orgiginal passage) you cannot call some one a fucking care bear if they help newbies to the game, if i saw some one saying that and i could shoot them i would, if not i would fuck and blind at them and challenge them to fight me.

KRIMINAL99
11-08-03, 05:46
Originally posted by hivemind
Not as bad as my avatar Traumileinchen :angel:

And KRIMINAL99? Your character was a moronic joke on Uranus. You stand a snowballs chance in hell of winning a fight where you don't outrank the opponent by 15 ranks, don't jump someone who is hunting, or both. You were an annoyance, a buzzing gnat.

uh sorry but who were you again? Whats your in game name? Im being totally flamed with made up bs by people I don't even remember killing here lol.

REMUS
11-08-03, 05:55
you havnt ever killed me on uranus...........

hivemind
11-08-03, 07:29
Nor have you ever killed me. You couldn't fight your way out of a wet paper bag.

Tank: Ingmar Bonesteel
Spy: Bus Driver

Although I don't think I've killed you much, you're pretty much beneath my notice, being a lowbie and a n00b. I usually just tell people in the clan to go clean you up in aggys or where ever. It's obvious now from reading your posts that you are another delusional who lives in his own little world, where every kill you make on some impaired guy at a GR or some 25/35 guy in aggies is proof of your uber PK skills, but whenever you are killed by someone else there's a litany of excuses.

Didn't you stop playing on Uranus because every time you were killed no one would poke you, and you couldn't go level anywhere because you were KOS to the entire server for being a wank-off troublemaker?

Stay on Saturn, you're not welcome on Uranus. We don't appreciate people who come to our server solely to cause trouble and pick on n00bs. Sheesh, we finally get rid of Ginger, and now EvErYoNeKiLlSmE!!!!!!!!!!!! is coming back. Bleh.

2. The full of sh## hypocrite who makes excuses when he dies in an obviously pvp game claiming that it was "wrong" for whatever contrived reason and then goes on to do or attempt to do the same thing to other people.
Damn, look at that. You have described yourself perfectly. Congratulations.

Archeus
11-08-03, 08:20
Imagine a game where it is a PK's dream.. Hordes of dead bodies of just joined newbies line the ground as the PK walks over to the only newbie alive who screams for mercy, while the PK blows him away with a weapon that kills him 10 times over.

A carebear would be the reverse of that.

There are other definations.

1. A game style that takes 0 risks at all for the same rewards that people take risks for and no combat interaction, to the point of trying to force the playstyle on others.

2. A method of passive combat against idiot pk's. Taken from the Carebear manifesto (http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/park/ydo86/europatown/faq/care.html)

5. How we do it.

Mostly, we die. We die a lot. We throw our passive selves underneath your tanks. But each time we die, we WILL file a murder count. When we die, you gain nothing, since we carry nothing. We're newbie characters.

We drive you away by spoiling your fun. Just as you spoil our 'fun' by forcing your playstyle on us, by destroying that which we've built, and by ruining the events that we put in a great deal of time an effort to organise and run.

We spoil your fun by not giving you that which you crave. Loot. A fight. A battle.

Actually I have used such a tactic in Neocron (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39996) to deal with idiots who zone PK.

Btw, having your LE in does not make you a carebear. Not having an LE in and screaming about being killed and the system must be changed to protect you... that is a carebear.

No it would still be Neocron. Unless you missed the whole history of the game, everyone is at war. That means you fight. Lets imagine a server where everyone has thier LE in. Is it neocron then?

Just because it requires trades people doesn't mean it is not a PvP centric game. PvP is different to FPS (which is what planetside is more).

Hwarang S.
11-08-03, 13:47
Originally posted by REMUS
my definition of care bear is

a person that doesnt want confrintation, pauses before acting in aggressive way, lets himself be shot and killed without retaliateing, wears a LE beyond the rank of 45 if the are any other class than an spy ;)

Disagree Remus.. o_O

I have an LE tank rank 50 that I use to hunt rare parts with, cause I get tired of dumbass gankers from CA or CM running around in groups just to PK everthing that moves.... but I am definately NOT a carebear. :lol: :lol: Just ask Hito.... 8|

I play at odd hours and don't have clan members to run with or a PPU to buff me in PvP, like others I know of that use it to gank.... :rolleyes:

Just remember, especially on Saturn, ...... most people have alternates for one reason or another, but also have a main PvP character.... most...

BTW, Hito is on Pluto.

All I am saying is don't stereotype..... :wtf: :(

Helen Angilley
11-08-03, 14:03
Originally posted by Archeus
No it would still be Neocron. Unless you missed the whole history of the game, everyone is at war. That means you fight. Lets imagine a server where everyone has thier LE in. Is it neocron then?

Just because it requires trades people doesn't mean it is not a PvP centric game. PvP is different to FPS (which is what planetside is more).

Maybe I was a little quick off the mark with that comment, but just because a history is plagued in war doesn't immediatly mean that everywhere you go people have to fight.

I think EVE has got a pretty good PVP/hostility system, myself. Like Soullight, but it actually works. :p

Ste-X
11-08-03, 14:09
THATS AMAZING!

Shockwave
11-08-03, 14:38
Normally I disagree with everything Hivemind says (Usually silently), but JESUS, Krim! I didn't know you from Adam before this thread, but from your own postings, you're a game-ruining moron who tries to excuse his actions by claiming he's RPing! Sounds like you managed to piss off an *entire server full or people* too, which is one hell of an inditement against you.

So's you know BTW, a few lines of text, rhyming or not, does not a background make. 19 A4 sides of 8-point text (Including a bullet-point timeline breakdown) is a background. That was for a very old Vampire I played in V:tM tabletop once.

Back on topic.
Carebears: A derogatory name for a non-PvP player (Usually one with an LE installed), given by PvP players (Usually when they're frustrated that htey can't kill you BECAUSE of the LE).
Which amuses me, because they're usually the same ones that tell you to put the LE in when you DM them in anything other than "1337-sp33k".

Shock.

Original monk
11-08-03, 14:44
Originally posted by Vila
pvp is for bad people!

VILA : mhuahahahahahha ROFLMAO, ya got me laughing now, good that i know youre a big carebear :P

11-08-03, 17:18
I think you guys _might_ be missing the point.

There isnt a definitive definition because the group that gets labeled as such dont choose to call themselves 'carebears' they are labeled one by other people (its a derogatory insult after all)

The problem is really quite simple

One group of gamers feels that they should be rewarded for their 733t s1llz in PvP by obtaining the propertly of those defated

The problem this breeds is that anyone who has been playing (and survived) for longer immediately has the upper hand in a fight against a newbie - PvP skill can only compensate for this by some much (assuming the newbie is quite good at PvP in general)

Failure to protect the newbie (as Eve failed) by either restricting who can attack them, or where they can be attacked (Anarchy Online is a good example of both) will lead to newbie ganking by people who just get a kick out of beating other people (because there is no risk or challenge

Now I wont go into the potential reasons for _why_ someone would choose to do this (I will say that the 'I'm RPing a Psycho killer' is utter bullshit), its fairly easy to see that newbies will probably quit (unless they are really good or lucky)

The cries of 'carebear' are usually in reply to these latecomers asking for a little bit of slack, and as the PvP restrictions start to come into play - unfrotunately I've yet to see a case where the person shouting 'carebear' wasnt just pissed that his little ganking empire was being taken away from him and the playing field levelled.

There are several fundamental problems to PvP, restrictions and rewards

Take too much away from the loser and he will quit (moreso if it takes ages to obtain)

Allow high level characters unreasonable access to PvP low levels and the low levels will quit (ok if a low level goes to a high level zone then hes asking for it really)

Give too much to the winner and he will win more easily next time (DAoC has BIG problems with this)

Give the winner too little and he'll complain theres no point (I thought the victory was reward enough)

I have to see that I dont see why winner needs a reward, back in my Teamfortress days (and its probably still true in Counterstrike etc) your frag count and if your team won was enough reward, everyone was created equal (Teamfortress notwithstanding) and ended equal.

A game like Planetside is true PvP, everyone is equal yet people complain that there is no point, a base taken now is lost by tomorrow, if your losing the fight you'll just move to where you are winning etc etc - these arent so much game problems as people problems. You cant offer enough incentive to fight without creating an inbalance for the winner (because otherwise its not worth it) but people arent interested in just winning anymore, they want something more.

PvP in a MMORPG has never really worked IMO - PvP players typically have no handle on RP, however many RP player do have a handle on PvP (and non-realtime systems are a result of this). Its not the combat they object to, its the unfairness of it. Sure _your_ PvP skills might be better than mine, but that doesnt mean your _characters_ skills are better than my character's.

Fantasy and futuristic worlds are not automatically more lawless than our 'real world'. Any society that has reached a certain stage of development will be policing itself (because anarchy is self-destructive) within its sphere of influence (i.e. cities). This means that players citing 'post apolcalyptic' reasons for rampant killing sprees will be ousted by _any_ ruling power because they are a threat to stability. Neocron handles this well with the safe zones, deterorating into Pepper Parks limited safety and then the anarchy of the Outzone, even fantasy worlds kings etc need to keep crime down within their domains for similar reasons.

Unfortunately you will not quench your thirst for unbridled murder in an online world free from restriction, because its populated by people with inteligence - this is even if they dont bring their real world moral baggage with them. The downside is that some people will always try, and because of this the game must instill these restrictions because some people are unable to police themselves. If people could, it would be easy to have a world where random murder was possible, because it would be extremely rare and the reaction to it markedly higher - with todays playerbase such as game may just as well be called Quake

I'll finish by citing Eve as an example. Eve has the most unrestricted PvP system I've seen out of a deathmatch game. As as result a pirate clan was able to gank brand new players (people still in the tutorial!) and even defeat the NPC police forces, granted then used beta player knowledge and an exploit of 2 but even without these things they still would have risen to be the threat they were

Why was this possible? Because the game was not balanced. The forums went up in flames as newbie after newbie complained about gankers (and this was only 3 or 4 weeks after release) and then the restictions started coming down, massively increased NPC pirates in unsafe space, massively increased NPC police in safe space, GM police specifically hunting these guys down (because they were the only ones who could).

The the PC pirates complained, suddenly they had no where to go, attacked on sight by PC and NPC alike in safe space, attacked by NPC pirates in unsafe space (and very few spacestations to repair at) the harsh reality of being a cut throat pirate was suddenly too tough - so now who was the carebear?

Helen Angilley
11-08-03, 17:26
Originally posted by 5150
I'll finish by citing Eve as an example. Eve has the most unrestricted PvP system I've seen out of a deathmatch game. As as result a pirate clan was able to gank brand new players (people still in the tutorial!) and even defeat the NPC police forces, granted then used beta player knowledge and an exploit of 2 but even without these things they still would have risen to be the threat they were

Why was this possible? Because the game was not balanced. The forums went up in flames as newbie after newbie complained about gankers (and this was only 3 or 4 weeks after release) and then the restictions started coming down, massively increased NPC pirates in unsafe space, massively increased NPC police in safe space, GM police specifically hunting these guys down (because they were the only ones who could).

The the PC pirates complained, suddenly they had no where to go, attacked on sight by PC and NPC alike in safe space, attacked by NPC pirates in unsafe space (and very few spacestations to repair at) the harsh reality of being a cut throat pirate was suddenly too tough - so now who was the carebear?

Oooo, Lord I loved that...

The Pirates hid behind "Roleplaying" to justify their newbie killing and relentless ganking of ships (I thought Pirates looted ships rather than blowing everything up? Oh well....), but when the GMs formed a mini-storyline in response and "became" CONCORD police to wipe out the Pirates...

Guess what?

The Pirates screamed, ranted and complained that it "wasn't Roleplay", despite full explanations being given, and that they weren' doing anything wrong (Despite knowingly taking advantage of exploits, bugs, glitches...etc).

Needless to say, it was _pathetic_.

hinch
11-08-03, 17:37
im a carebear :( i like it though

i preferre pvm / rare collecting and just general chatting to people over pvp

UNLESS

its an op war
when i`ll be at the front running in first to get to get the best odds for their cross fire

me vs opposite clan for 5 mins whilst i wait for the rest of my clan to catch up :)

hive: what was krim`s name on uranus ? and was he as gankable as ginger/itak-man

garyu69
11-08-03, 17:38
Hayato = Care Bear ;)

I've never been in a PvP battle :(
Someone PICK ON ME!!!!

(But not when i have no gun please)

hivemind
11-08-03, 18:47
ROFL I haven't left quite yet, just finished packing the van - so I got time to post some more. :rolleyes:

hive: what was krim`s name on uranus ? and was he as gankable as ginger/itak-man
He is EveryoneMustDie!!!!!!!!!!! in some annoying combination of capitals and lowercase, but he's seriously a n00b, I don't even think he could wear PA yet. He was strictly small-time, ganking 3/5's in the sewers and 15/20's in aggys, but it was enough for basically everyone to deny him services, and he had to leave.

HellHound
11-08-03, 19:06
Seen exactly the same character name and behaviour on Saturn..... o_O

Only for a few days before he vanished though. :rolleyes:

Darth Slayer
11-08-03, 19:34
The Ubar peekayers use carebear to describe everyone with an LE in. If they can't kill you you're lame, you suck, should go play EverQuest, etc.

If you don't think Neocron should be played like a giant game of CS or Quake, you might be a carebear.

If you think there should be places where people can feel safe, you might be a carebear.

If you don't believe that the number of dogtags in your cabinets is an indicator of the size of your penis, chances are you're a carebear.

If someone turns to you and says "Fuck u u fuking caerbear," odds are that you are, in fact, a carebear.

If you use more than 2% of your brain on a regular basis, that's a sure sign that you are a carebear.

Hope this helps

LMFAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ahhhh MortuusLupus u hit the nail on the head again.......:D

berty
11-08-03, 20:29
I side with Hinch - I dont actively PVP (only at op wars) and go out of my way to look after N00bs (no mater which clan/faction they are from).

call me a carebear (I dont give a flying f***) but I play for my own enjoyment and not for yours - if you want to pretend you are RPing and PVP is crucial to it etc then take it to someone who cares.

Promethius
11-08-03, 21:03
If you're not in TG, and never have been a member of TG, you might be a carebear.

If you think killing everyone you see because you're "roleplaying a mass murderer" is about the most retarded thing you've ever heard, you could very well be a carebear.

If people tell you to STFU and "Put your le in n00b" because they just killed you without provocation and without any fear of you retaliating because you're 20 ranks lower than they, you probably are a carebear.

If you think there's more to Neocron than rampant deathmatch, you are a shoein for the title of carebear.

If you've ever been upset about being killed as you step out of a GR, you're walking down the road to Carebear Land.

pfft carebear.

Originally posted by MortuusLupus I side with Hinch - I dont actively PVP (only at op wars) and go out of my way to look after N00bs (no mater which clan/faction they are from).

call me a carebear (I dont give a flying f***) but I play for my own enjoyment and not for yours - if you want to pretend you are RPing and PVP is crucial to it etc then take it to someone who cares.

You say you don't go lookin for PvP unless its OP wars right. To me that sounds like you either are busy trade/selling items or your leveling with most of your time.

Wat do you do when your capped and no longer can level. Have all teh items you'll ever need for a long time and theres no current OP war. Wat doy ou do. Those are the times i get bored and head out to doa bit o PKin. But even that now is gettin a bit bored.

berty
11-08-03, 21:49
"Wat do you do when your capped and no longer can level. Have all teh items you'll ever need for a long time and theres no current OP war. Wat doy ou do. Those are the times i get bored and head out to doa bit o PKin. But even that now is gettin a bit bored."

Um I go an play one of my other 8 charecteres and continuing leveling - Duh. - Oh and theirs always the clan to help - always recruiting - N00bs to help - Places to scout, teams to join and assist with their leveling - theres a lot to do - unless your a complete retard with their head up their arse and who belives that all Neocron is good for is Pking noobs - well choose you sides.

Thats why they have 4 charecter servers so you can experience the diversity of other classes - unless you are "scared" of trying a new charecter, or because your not uber and cant pk other players because you may get PKd in return?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

KRIMINAL99
12-08-03, 06:38
Originally posted by berty
I side with Hinch - I dont actively PVP (only at op wars) and go out of my way to look after N00bs (no mater which clan/faction they are from).

If you dont give a flying whatever get the hell off the forums making posts about it that don't make any sense and are a waste of time for the people who read them

@Hivemind... lol first of all now I rememer killing you when you tried to fight me in front of the copbots... I was like rank 0/10 and you were like rank 60 something.. All I had to do was pull out my fists and aggro the copbots and then you pulled out your weapon and got shot to death like a moron. That explains why you are running around the thread spamming with OMG HES NOT GOOD OMG NO NO lol. I had my own tradeskillers and my own clan... I left because all the people using exploits against my character and the gms persecuting me in person and the total SL nerf and the fact that I couldnt change the nature of my character. I can level a tank normally from 1 to 100 in less than a week. EMD was a special venture for me where I fought everyone I ever saw... the only thing left that was a challenge. I started out attacking capped chars with my fists at 0/2, being genrepped camps by groups of rare using tanks at like 10/15, the whole time recieving endless insults by loosers like you hivemind. Even as I was being genrep killed as a noob I knew that it was only a matter of time before I was hunting down losers like you (who hid behind the previosly overpowered hybrid class and now are nothing) How many times are you going to say I didn't kill you over and over again Hivemind? Maybe if you do it 20 more times people will REALLY believe you then.

Lol it just goes to show how full of it uber wannabe losers like you are... I remember one time I killed some smurf tank with a cs in the outzone with a plasma cannon. 2 seconds later he was asking for a poke on the skill channel... A friend asked him what happened cause he knew he was just going to the outzone. and he said "I got killed by a grim". Do I go spamming global chats bragging about it? No, because thats not my style. I killed hundreds of people on that server, many of them much higher level than me and many in groups. I figure, I don't need to brag.. everyone knows. And they did. They all ran like crazy from me unless there was 3 or more together. The ones that didn't run died. But when it comes to admitting it, no one can. Thats ok. Seeing you running and peeing your pants, and spamming chats with OH F## its EMD is enough for me. You people deserve to die.... And by the way hivemind... when did I ever say I was a carebear or complained when I was pked?

P.S. BTW I never EVER in the existance of my character pked a person by the genrep. You lie because you cannot face the truth. You are a pathetic loser. Do the world a favor, open your real life console, and type /set kill_self 1.

QuantumDelta
12-08-03, 07:02
LLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

hinch
12-08-03, 10:37
ive got/had several fully capped chars and currenly using an almost fully capped PE.
im soon to be back in TG but still i`ll help people and ignore hostile faction runners unless they are openly hostile to me
everyone knows i like a good fight but theres time and places for everything.

ie: pp fights = lame

op wars are teh win though im from a server where im used to belts dropping everywhere so unlike you i dont have the safty of non drops in warzones.

all this though and i`d rather just stand in canyon and talk to everyone

berty
12-08-03, 19:50
Krimnal99 - POT/KETTLE

WTF are you on about - I seem to remember 6 pages back the question "WTF is a carebear" - not how Kriminal is a fucktard and PKs everyone.

whats the next post from you eh - "And one time at band camp - blah blah blah" - Its obvious your not a carebear - its obvious you dont care, well touche, and
TALK TO THE HAND

Beefheart
12-08-03, 19:59
Me thinks Kriminal doth protest too much

Promethius
12-08-03, 20:08
Um I go an play one of my other 8 charecteres and continuing leveling - Duh. - Oh and theirs always the clan to help - always recruiting - N00bs to help - Places to scout, teams to join and assist with their leveling - theres a lot to do - unless your a complete retard with their head up their arse and who belives that all Neocron is good for is Pking noobs - well choose you sides.

Thats why they have 4 charecter servers so you can experience the diversity of other classes - unless you are "scared" of trying a new charecter, or because your not uber and cant pk other players because you may get PKd in return?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well for one thing i don't have 2 accounts. And i have other capped chars so well that doesn't apply. I am done lvling, tried jsut about all the classes. btw call me a complete retard with my head up my arse but if this game didn't have PvP....the server counts would be like 30. Btw i wasn't complaining about neocron just suggesting it should have something more to do for higher lvls. Maybe if you pulled ur head outa your ass maybe you would notice things better.:wtf:

Darth Slayer
12-08-03, 20:18

P.S. BTW I never EVER in the existance of my character pked a person by the genrep. You lie because you cannot face the truth. You are a pathetic loser. Do the world a favor, open your real life console, and type /set kill_self 1.

Only real asshole I've seen on this forum is you. As for the above quote, take your own advice...........:rolleyes:

berty
12-08-03, 20:35
Maybe if you pulled ur head outa your ass maybe you would notice things better.

Pulls head from ass - looks around

Im a carebear and theres lots for me to do,
but I agree and conced the point that the higher you get the less there is to do, the lamer the events, and the "too little, too late" dribble of doy stuff thats "coming" isnt enough for players who are capped and all the have to look forward to is a decent PvP (or even an indecent PvP).

Neptune is needed now to allow each set of "players" to enjoy the game their way - Prometheus/Killer99 - you would get the ability to pk to your hearts content; safe in the knowledge that you would be the UBER PKr across the servers because all like minded players would migrate there.

This would leave us carebears to carry on our hum drum "boring" gameplay - the way we prefer to play it.

Promethius
12-08-03, 21:20
Pulls head from ass - looks around

Im a carebear and theres lots for me to do,
but I agree and conced the point that the higher you get the less there is to do, the lamer the events, and the "too little, too late" dribble of doy stuff thats "coming" isnt enough for players who are capped and all the have to look forward to is a decent PvP (or even an indecent PvP).

Neptune is needed now to allow each set of "players" to enjoy the game their way - Prometheus/Killer99 - you would get the ability to pk to your hearts content; safe in the knowledge that you would be the UBER PKr across the servers because all like minded players would migrate there.

This would leave us carebears to carry on our hum drum "boring" gameplay - the way we prefer to play it.

berty so wat do you do in NC. besides leveling and seeking new items.

Hayato
12-08-03, 21:21
can we close this thread!!!!!!!!!!!

Promethius
12-08-03, 21:23
Originally posted by Hayato
can we close this thread!!!!!!!!!!!

actually we are discussing stuff....and ur post is very pointless. If you jsut wanted ur post count to go up do it somewhere else.

Hayato
12-08-03, 21:40
umm i was the one asking about carebears and i have found out, and what u do was just pointless :D

HellHound
12-08-03, 21:43
Thread starter vs. Promethius = owned.

JediMasta
12-08-03, 21:44
call me a carebear

Ok,

CAREBEAR !!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

KRIMINAL99
12-08-03, 21:49
Krimnal99 - POT/KETTLE

? I said there is a real carebear which who only wants to play the game as a team game and support each other and would never try to kill others, and then there are the soon to be pkers who just complain when they die even though they are really just mad that someone pked them before they could kill the winner. I said people call the second group carebears mockingly because it is obvious in reality they do not fall into that category.

Nothing about anything I have said has contradicted itself...

berty
12-08-03, 21:49
I tend to be behind the scenes of my clan, collecting new items for lower runners, escorting them to hunting areas, showing them hunting zones, best place for spawns - leveling etc.

bit of trade skilling, research, building - hunting rares, lots of exploring and for some perverse reason I really really enjoy the swamp caves and all that poison.

I also capped 3 charecters but deleted them and restarted as a N00b again, an experience I would recommend to anyone - and of course thats what sparked me off on my carebear journey, by being helped myself as a new charecter I felt the need to "pay it forward" (using a terrible Cliché but it works).

But I find things to do and people to help and if I ever get bored I can always swap to another, or delete and start again.

Promethius
12-08-03, 21:54
I tend to be behind the scenes of my clan, collecting new items for lower runners, escorting them to hunting areas, showing them hunting zones, best place for spawns - leveling etc.

bit of trade skilling, research, building - hunting rares, lots of exploring and for some perverse reason I really really enjoy the swamp caves and all that poison.

I also capped 3 charecters but deleted them and restarted as a N00b again, an experience I would recommend to anyone - and of course thats what sparked me off on my carebear journey, by being helped myself as a new charecter I felt the need to "pay it forward" (using a terrible Cliché but it works).

But I find things to do and people to help and if I ever get bored I can always swap to another, or delete and start again.

I mean thats all good and true....but I'm lazy..

Promethius
12-08-03, 21:56
Thread starter vs. Promethius = owned.

WHy would he even want to close it. I mean we are discussing carebears and wat not...

So wat if he dislikes wats bein said its to the public really

berty
12-08-03, 22:13
Prometheus your entitled to your opinion and your laziness - I enjoy my game playing my way, you yours ;).

Kriminall99 - FFS re-read the post you tried to slap me in - then re-read my reply - and for all you British players of a certain age I point at krim and say - do you remember "travelling down the thames and loosing your shoe - JOOOOEEEEY"

:eek:

Hayato
13-08-03, 01:54
Originally posted by Promethius
WHy would he even want to close it. I mean we are discussing carebears and wat not...

So wat if he dislikes wats bein said its to the public really

well i really wanted to fuk wit u and i got it :D ty have a nice day

Promethius
13-08-03, 02:20
Originally posted by Hayato
well i really wanted to fuk wit u and i got it :D ty have a nice day

spammer =p

Hayato
13-08-03, 03:11
Originally posted by Promethius
spammer =p
ok really close this thread