PDA

View Full Version : [BrainPort] STACKED boosters/drugs (might not be what you think :))

zanzan
10-08-03, 11:11
well me and raycor were chating while i was lvling my apu and i got this idea, stacked boosters/drugs, meaning that u can take 100[just a random number] psi boosters/drugs and put them in 1 quickbelt slot, there we give a ppu a little help[so they can use a few free slots]and give everybody else loving with the anti shock/damage/poison and STA booster drugs :)
rate this thread 5 stars !

MortuusLupus
10-08-03, 11:26
How many different items can you stuff in your pockets? I can fit 10 tootsie rolls in my pocket. I can't fit 10000 in my pocket, even though they're all the same type of item. Why? Because they take up space. That's really all there is to say on this topic.

EDIT: And don't say "Well, this is a game it's not meant to be real" or "Well you can fit cannons in your belt, why not a bajillion drugs?"

A slot is meant to hold one item, and one item only. To keep the items from falling out of the belt, the belt slots expand, then shrinkwrap the items they're holding. It's magic. When you are in charge of NeXT you can redisgn quickbelts to hold an infinite amount of mass.

zanzan
10-08-03, 11:33
keep in mind that neocron isnt a realistic game...(im sorry but pulling a cannon out of the air isnt real)

Dade Murphey
10-08-03, 11:38
maybe instead of being able to stack...things like boosters or whatever would autorefill into that slot...so you don't have to constantly open invo and put it back...like you could right click on whateve slot and say autorefill...that'd be hella handy

Promethius
10-08-03, 11:42
Originally posted by Dade Murphey
maybe instead of being able to stack...things like boosters or whatever would autorefill into that slot...so you don't have to constantly open invo and put it back...like you could right click on whateve slot and say autorefill...that'd be hella handy

works for me. But with pis boosters as a ppu....its pain in arse to open up inv to get more psi boosters. Either lieka stack of 10 psi boosters per slot would even be nice...practical yet efficent.

Mighty Max
10-08-03, 11:48
Out of the Item deskription of Quickbelts:

The Quick-Access Belt is based on the theory of subatomic disintegration and storage of matter. An inserted item is disintegrated in its sub-atomic base parts and stored. Through this technique the quick-access belt can store up to ten items of nearly any size and weight and also allows a fast restoration of the items.

So having 1 or 100 items of same type is just a matter of energy ...

Dade Murphey
10-08-03, 14:44
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mighty Max
The Quick-Access Belt is based on the theory of subatomic disintegration and storage of matter. An inserted item is disintegrated in its sub-atomic base parts and stored. Through this technique the quick-access belt can store up to ten items of nearly any size and weight and also allows a fast restoration of the items.
[QUOTE]

So if this is the case...then in *theory* you could have a container for, oh let's say, 10 boosters...that you can put in one slot...and use them that way...you could even have containers that hold more boosters by this same theory...but I'd say 10 would be enough...and you could have containers of 10 in multiple slots if you so desired...

Hidden Godoffej
10-08-03, 16:38
Belt-stacking is synonymous with "God Mode" when it comes to PPUs. I heartily dislike this idea. I disliked it the last time it was brought up, and I'll dislike it the next time.

Eumaius
10-08-03, 17:55
like PPUs need more help? Sure it would be convenient for u, but definately not fair :)

DarK | Cid
10-08-03, 18:23
As a few people have hinted at or stated, the fact that boosters can't stack is one of the (perhaps unintended) slightly balancing factors for the PPU.... althought it is difficult to say that a PPU is currently balanced even with this 'hardship'.

I would hesitate to make stamina boosters stackable. If you allowed every other drug or booster to be stackable, there would still be the limiting factor of stamina [how many PPU's have room for stamina boosters? O.O] to prevent a truly endless stream of mana regen for most PPU's... however the amount of time it takes to open up your inventory and take a stamina booster is small anyway, so I doubt even with non-stackable stamina boosters you could prevent PPU's from feeling a large benefit from an implimentation of this idea.

It may be possible to add stackable boosters, but I don't think it should happen until PPU's are at least slightly nerfed from their current level of ability (triple the cost of holy para, give the other classes a little love..... and this is a little extreme, but maybe make it so that you have to have your cursor on the target for the full duration of spell casting or shooting? O.O That would drastically change all combat in Neocron though, plus the fact that most people do not get decent enough fps to make it a question of skill instead of a question of luck for keeping your cursor on-target... and this is getting off topic)

Back to the point, I think that the advantages that stackable drugs / boosters in quickbelts would have to be balanced by a nerf in some other area in order for it to be a feasible idea for this game. [maybe in the speed of psi boosters (Nooo!), the amount of stamina they take, drug effects, something...]

Pitspawn
10-08-03, 18:45
I cant see what would be wrong with boosters stacking. It merely takes me a fraction of a second (300-400ms) to drag another one into my qbelt. I have optimised the routine to the best that i can achieve. A few i speak to know what ive done to do it and do it themselves. Maybe even some of the other enemy ppu monks who do so well do it themselves. But i really dont know why it would be THAT bigger deal if boosters would stack. OTOH it would mean that the ppu becomes ever so slightly less skillful to play which im against.

TBH current situation is fine, i just need quite literally only 2 more slots and id be happy as could be. Playing with only 10 qbelts slots as a ppu is really limitting.

Scikar
10-08-03, 18:49
o_O PPUs don't need boosters to survive. They only need their boosters when they're buffing a whole team up at once. This would help the other classes more anyway - I need 3 different anti drugs just to stay alive in combat, but I only ever have the space for one of each, maybe 2 if I do a lot of inventory swapping. Since parashock can be spammed on me that lets me stay unfrozen for all of 10 seconds. If I could stack the drugs then they'd actually work.

I don't see what all the fuss is about ppus now anyway, so what if they're hard to kill, they can't keep their team mates alive so easily any more so just wipe out their friends and gang up on the ppu, works for me.

Pitspawn
10-08-03, 18:54
@Sikar:

Any good ppu needs boosters to stay alive (for pvp anyway maybe not pvm) I can definately say i dont burn mana consistantly faster than our apu counterparts, but its still damn fast. We have rare sanctums that consume our entire pools. With a pool of 317, i HAVE to hit a booster every time i recast my cath sanctum which has a whopping 306 mana cost :o

Oh and about keeping people alive yeah that happens now ;/ Before hand if i teamed with a real good apu we could take on armies. No matter how much i protect him/her now they will die by my side. Which i suppose is how it should be.

SovKhan
10-08-03, 19:27
well cannons auto reload with ammo. how bout you "make it fair" and make it so everytime you run outta ammo you have to open your inv and reload your weapon manually.

FBI
10-08-03, 19:39
I'm writting a big list for brainport soon, this was one of them.

A tool to merge "drug" related items together. The skill of the
runner in recycle would determine how big the stack can be.

Like say a person had 30 recycle, he can only merge up to 30
medkits in 3 constructions. A person with more skill could make
a wad of boosters and sell it for more.

Since the medkits are merged into one, the weight is depreciated,
because medkits, drugs and so on are heavy becayse of it's
container, if you merged them all into one, it loses weight by
say 30%.100 medkits would be heavy though.

Like i said, i have a big list of ideas im working on, will submit it
soon, should be a page long of ideas i had bubbled up inside of
me for months.

Zokk
10-08-03, 20:46
I'm writting a big list for brainport soon, this was one of them.

A tool to merge "drug" related items together. The skill of the
runner in recycle would determine how big the stack can be.

Like say a person had 30 recycle, he can only merge up to 30
medkits in 3 constructions. A person with more skill could make
a wad of boosters and sell it for more.

Since the medkits are merged into one, the weight is depreciated,
because medkits, drugs and so on are heavy becayse of it's
container, if you merged them all into one, it loses weight by
say 30%.100 medkits would be heavy though.

Like i said, i have a big list of ideas im working on, will submit it
soon, should be a page long of ideas i had bubbled up inside of
me for months.

Looking forward to seeing that :D That recycle idea alone is N I C E.

KramerTheWeird
11-08-03, 01:07
The purpose of the predetermined stacks is for balance reasons. They stack like that simply so that you can't use them constantly, and have to take time to move some from your inventory to your quickbelt. Just like how drugs only stack once. If KK didn't want this feature, they would allow 249 stacks in one slot.

Promethius
11-08-03, 01:18
Originally posted by DarK | Cid
As a few people have hinted at or stated, the fact that boosters can't stack is one of the (perhaps unintended) slightly balancing factors for the PPU.... althought it is difficult to say that a PPU is currently balanced even with this 'hardship'.

I would hesitate to make stamina boosters stackable. If you allowed every other drug or booster to be stackable, there would still be the limiting factor of stamina [how many PPU's have room for stamina boosters? O.O] to prevent a truly endless stream of mana regen for most PPU's... however the amount of time it takes to open up your inventory and take a stamina booster is small anyway, so I doubt even with non-stackable stamina boosters you could prevent PPU's from feeling a large benefit from an implimentation of this idea.

It may be possible to add stackable boosters, but I don't think it should happen until PPU's are at least slightly nerfed from their current level of ability (triple the cost of holy para, give the other classes a little love..... and this is a little extreme, but maybe make it so that you have to have your cursor on the target for the full duration of spell casting or shooting? O.O That would drastically change all combat in Neocron though, plus the fact that most people do not get decent enough fps to make it a question of skill instead of a question of luck for keeping your cursor on-target... and this is getting off topic)

Back to the point, I think that the advantages that stackable drugs / boosters in quickbelts would have to be balanced by a nerf in some other area in order for it to be a feasible idea for this game. [maybe in the speed of psi boosters (Nooo!), the amount of stamina they take, drug effects, something...]

hey i got an idea. How bout we make ammo for ur guns u have to place into ur gun....no more auto reloading. Sound fun...no i don't think so. Its not a balancing factor... its annoying nuthin more. Its not going to make anyone have god mode trust me. Plus as a ppu i have plenty of time to go into my inv but its annoying. Just an inconvience.

QuantumDelta
11-08-03, 01:19
Drugs stack 3 times in my experience ^^;

KramerTheWeird
11-08-03, 01:30
This "how would you feel if ammo was placed in manually from the inventory" argument is pointless. Ammo is a product of a weapon. Boosters and drugs are a usable item. Maybe at the most, have a feature where the boosters "reload" at a set time back into the quickslot they had, but even that would be a bit overbalancing. The quickbelt usables are designed to be used, and then replaced when they can manually. If you want more boosters, you must decide if a quickbelt slot that could hold a weapon or psi spell is worth giving up, another balance feature. KK would have never designed the boosters and drugs the way they are now if they didn't think for game balance reasons.

logical game balancing > your convinience.

QD: what drugs? :wtf:

QuantumDelta
11-08-03, 01:32
Deste Forte/Whiteflash... (use/reuse/second reuse)

Resistor drugs only stack twice (one use and one reuse) iirc...

Promethius
11-08-03, 01:47
Originally posted by KramerTheWeird
KK would have never designed the boosters and drugs the way they are now if they didn't think for game balance reasons.

logical game balancing > your convinience.

QD: what drugs? :wtf:

uh...for one thing the stuff KK designed in the beginning is very diff from wat things have turned out to be now so that was pointless to say. Just because i get a lil convinience does mean i am super overpowered and i am invincible. PPU's don't die cuz they can't sue there boosters they die cuz a apu will use antibuff. Do you honestly think that the whole game will be unbalanced if monks can stack higher amounts of boosters? btw I'm not jsut talkin about boosters. I am talkin about shock drugs, resister drugs, stamina boosters everything. btw wat is so dif from a monk usin boosters like other class's use ammo. Don't give me a lecture about the quick belt. its unfair that monks have to open rpos jsut to use a booster.maybe if there was a key to bind that made boosters go into ur quickbelt...or something but opening rpos is jsut lame.

KramerTheWeird
11-08-03, 01:53
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Deste Forte/Whiteflash... (use/reuse/second reuse)

Resistor drugs only stack twice (one use and one reuse) iirc...

thought you meant QB stacking, which was what I was talking about :)

QuantumDelta
11-08-03, 01:54
err...we are talking about use stack right....the amount of times you can use them before you end up needing a billion coffees?

zanzan
11-08-03, 02:04
i dont know why this is a 'bad' idea for some of you, lets see YOU dragging ur ammo to ur weapon every time when u need to reload, doesnt sound good does it?well thats whats going on monks and its really dumb

QuantumDelta
11-08-03, 02:06
Sorry kramer, my bad ^^;

Drake6k
11-08-03, 03:25
wouldnt that work with psi shield? :eek:

hnlecter
11-08-03, 03:54
Monks seem nearly completely balanced don't need anything to disturb it if you ask me.

It isn't as if ppus can die so what does it matter? (Unless the enemy has wittled down all your allies and has an apu with antibuff)

Dream
11-08-03, 04:07
Originally posted by hnlecter
Monks seem nearly completely balanced don't need anything to disturb it if you ask me.

rgr

japata
11-08-03, 06:46
I've been reading these "nerf ppu's" posts for a while now. And each of them state that ppu's are invincible. I'm sorry that I have to crush your illusion: You have no mad skillz. All you need is an apu and a tank. Or if not that, then one ppu and one combat class.

A good ppu can organize their belt so they get two boosters and that is enough for OP wars and other PvP occasions. I myself love the idea of stacking items on belt as it would help leveling and decrease the annoyance-factor in caves and such.

zanzan
11-08-03, 10:44
quick comment, this idea ISNT JUST for monks, its allso for OTHER stuff like STA booster 2 or drugs