PDA

View Full Version : Rare Weapons

Dirus
10-08-03, 09:04
Since currently I'm somewhat limited as to what I can do testing wise and everything. I started lookin at things I can do without a steady net connection.

Tonight I started on translating the German descriptions of the Rare Weapons into English, So far I have them all roughly done, and only the Pain Easer's polished up, I'll post them here as I get them finished. Also.. not all the Rares have a backstory, none of the PSI Spells have one beyond what they say in english as well. Neither do any of the newer Rares.

Original German Desc: "Noel Carter war ein Waffennarr. Er liebte seine Sammlung an kuriosen Waffen über alles. Sogar mehr als seine eigene Frau, welche ihn als Folge dessen betrog. Er hatte viele Wunden in seinem leben davon getragen, doch keine schmerzte so sehr, wie die, von seiner Frau betrogen zu werden. So nahm er eines Tages sein bestes Gewehr zur Hand, welches er selbst konstruiert hatte und tötete damit seine Frau, ihren Liebhaber und zuletzt auch sich selbst. Es war sein einziger Ausweg, diesen grässlichen innerlichen Schmerz zu lindern… Die Mordwaffe jedoch verschwand..."

Translated to English: "Noel Carter was a weapon fanatic. He loved his collection of strange weapons more then anything. Even more than his own wife, who as a consequence was having an affair. He had carried many internal wounds in his life, but none hurt as much as those inflicted from learning of his wife's betrayal. Thus one day he took his best rifle in hand, which he had made himself, and with it killed his wife and her lover, before turning the gun on himself. It was his only way out, the internal pain was just too much. The murder weapon however disappeared..."

nonamebrandeggs
10-08-03, 09:06
<3 Lupus :D, can't wait to hear the rest.

Pitspawn
10-08-03, 09:07
Wow, i had always heard rumours about the german players getting cool storyline behind their rares. All our rares just say something like "A very powerful and unique weapon..." Would be great to see the stories translated into english. And even better if someone came up with some new ones for the newer rares. Nice work lupus.

noname i think your sig is in violation of the forum rules just a little bit lol

Arcadius
10-08-03, 09:07
omg that's so cool, I WANNA HEAR FIRST LOVE'S STORY!

Mankind
10-08-03, 09:12
I wanna hear the story behind the Cursed Soul. Maybe it will explain its raw power :)

Promethius
10-08-03, 09:17
cmon give the vein ripper some love.

ZoneVortex
10-08-03, 09:19
Oh man I wanna hear the story behind holy paralysis!!! :rolleyes:

Hehehe anyways thanks Lupus you da man.

Psychoninja
10-08-03, 09:30
nice Lupus!
I always wondered how most of the rares got their names.

I wonder whats the story behind the Cursed Soul and the Liberator :D

Dirus
10-08-03, 09:35
Holy Para doesn't have a story..

I'm currently workin on the Ray of God (Owned by a Woman :p ) and the Cursed Soul (implant junkie)..

After that First Love (created by a savant), Vein Ripper (created the the Crahn PSI monks) and Liberator (used by a modern day jack the ripper) :p

Promethius
10-08-03, 09:37
Implant junkie....how dare you he was just raising his int lvl.

sheesh noobs.:D

Psychoninja
10-08-03, 09:42
Originally posted by Lupus
After that First Love (created by a savant), Vein Ripper (created the the Crahn PSI monks) and Liberator (used by a modern day jack the ripper) :p

Can't wait :D

Arcadius
10-08-03, 09:47
Lupus for prez!

Dirus
10-08-03, 10:05
Oki.. here we go with the Cursed Soul

Original German: Jude Fey war der beste Hacker seiner Zeit. Sein Gehirn bestand kaum noch aus Biomasse, so viele Implantate hatte er sich einsetzten lassen. Viel mehr war er eine denkende Maschine. Kein Mensch hatte es je überlebt, sich mehr als 5 Hirnimplantate einzusetzten. Er jedoch ersetzte nach und nach Jeden Teil seines Hirns mit einem Technischen Gegenstück. Doch er war immer noch er selbst… Er hatte keine Seele mehr aus Freien Gedanken… Vielmehr war er das grösste Technische Wunderwerk aller Zeiten. Ein Mensch, der keiner ist. Er verband die Waffen, die er nutzte einfach mit einem Stecker an seiner Schädeldecke und konnte Entfernung, Schussfrequenz, Genauigkeit und Schadenswirkung innerhalb weniger Nanosekunden kalkulieren. Bis zu dem Tag, als er bei einem Kampf von einer starken energetischen Ladung erwischt wurde, was seinen technischen Geist mit der Waffe verschmelzen liess. Seit diesem Tag „lebt“ er, wie ein Jinn in seiner Lampe, in dieser Waffe und stärkt sie durch seinen Selbsthass und Zorn auf alle Lebenden bis ins unermessliche...

English Translation: Jude Fey was the best hacker of his time. His brain hardly consisted of biomass, for it consisted more of implants than flesh. Any more and he would have been a machine. No humans had ever survived adding more then 5 brain implants before. He however gradually replaced each part of his brain with a technical counterpart. But was he still him? Did he still have a soul and free thoughts? Rather he was the largest technical work of wonder of all times. Human or not, he connected to the weapons he used simply through a plug in his head cover. Distance, firing frequency, accuracy, and damage could be calculated within a few nanoseconds. Until the day, when he got hit with a strong energetic charge during a fight which let his technical spirit merge with the weapon. Since that day he's lived like a Genie in its lamp, in this weapon and strengthens it by his immeasurable self hate and anger for all living persons in the world...

ZoneVortex
10-08-03, 10:07

English Translation: Jude Fey was the best hacker of his time. His brain hardly consisted of biomass, for it consisted more of implants than flesh. Any more and he would have been a machine. No humans had ever survived adding more then 5 brain implants before. He however gradually replaced each part of his brain with a technical counterpart. But was he still him? Did he still have a soul and free thoughts? Rather he was the largest technical work of wonder of all times. Human or not, he connected to the weapons he used simply through a plug in his head cover. Distance, firing frequency, accuracy, and damage could be calculated within a few nanoseconds. Until the day, when he got hit with a strong energetic charge during a fight which let his technical spirit merge with the weapon. Since that day he's lived like a Genie in its lamp, in this weapon and strengthens it by his immeasurable self hate and anger for all living persons in the world...

Ahhhh!! Cool one!!

juvestar15
10-08-03, 10:19
What can i say? I love these stories. Will stay tuned for more :)

What story is there for the Wyatt Earp? :D

Promethius
10-08-03, 10:22
hmm i wonder wats instore for the malediction and moonstriker (i think this one has to do with moon's and things striking them)

Ren
10-08-03, 10:24
Originally posted by Promethius
hmm i wonder wats instore for the malediction and moonstriker (i think this one has to do with moon's and things striking them)

lmao

Arcadius
10-08-03, 10:29

omg THAT WAS AWESOME!

DetectiveKimble
10-08-03, 10:36
Wow these stories are really cool. I always wondered about the titles, now we know. But this kinda makes me wonder what other cool stuff we might be missing out on because it never got translated.
This sort of stuff makes neocron more interesting. Are there any stories to go with viper king armour etc?

Promethius
10-08-03, 10:46
Originally posted by DetectiveKimble
Are there any stories to go with viper king armour etc?

Ya here. There was this team. They ventured down into a dark grave. Fought some snakes. FOund a really big one, killed it. Tore off the skin of the snake and made a vest out of it.

Dirus
10-08-03, 10:47
Originally posted by DetectiveKimble
Wow these stories are really cool. I always wondered about the titles, now we know. But this kinda makes me wonder what other cool stuff we might be missing out on because it never got translated.
This sort of stuff makes neocron more interesting. Are there any stories to go with viper king armour etc?

For the most part the Rare Weapons are the only Items that have a different description in the german version.

The Viper King doesn't have a story behind it in either German or English.

I was gonna try and get another one posted up here tonight.. but I'm too tired to make sense of the mess bablefish makes of the stories so I'll finish them up when I wake up :p

Arcadius
10-08-03, 10:50
FIRST LOVE!

:D :p

DetectiveKimble
10-08-03, 10:54
The Viper King doesn't have a story behind it in either German or English.

I think it'd be a cool to maybe put a bit of a story behind the "boss" type characters. Like maybe put something about the scorpion queen in the description of the titan armour, so it feels a bit more RPish like you did something story related, and not just kill mob, get item. There's one for the brain port :D

PS. If this is already in, forgive me as i've never had titan armour and haven't seen VK armour since it had a dex requirement :lol:

Lexxuk
10-08-03, 13:03
Originally posted by Arcadius
FIRST LOVE!

:D :p

First love.. George Bush, err, was walkin down the road one day, with his EPR and he saw his old girlfriend, chatting up some guy called Saddam, with pent up rage, and frustration, that only a virgin could manage, he shot them both, ya, that works.

Scikar
10-08-03, 13:36
With a story like that, how can CS not be the most powerful weapon in the game? :D

Mighty Max
10-08-03, 14:19
Ive began with some familar yesterday, here is how far i got:

[PAIN EASER> Noel Carter was crazy for his weapons. He loved his collection of special weapons more then everything. Even more then his own Wife. One day she cheated him with another man because she felt lonely. Allthough Noel had suffered pain many times in his life, this pain was too big. On one day he took his best and lethals weapon by hand, which he had build himself, and killed his wife, her lover and at last himself. It was his only way to reduce the pain that drove him mad. This awfull inner pain... The weapon itself got lost ...

[RAY OF GOD> Cecil Morane was religious. She always thought, all what's going on is going on in the right way. Until this single day ... the day at which a Tsunami-Attack killed her husband and her 3 lovely kids. That wasnt fair, she lost her trust into a good willing god and her heart was burning in the fate of retaliation. She hired a assasin who should erase all the leading heads of the Syndicate. She had nothing to loose. In the most important moment, at the firts shot, the weapon developed an impossible power, which killed 3 guards at once and destroyed the wall behind them. Surprised and stunned by this power, he wasn't able to protect himself for the other guards. Only seconds later he was dead ... the weapon got lost in the chaos ...

[THUNDERSTORM> Dr. Gordon J. Mark was an important scientist, who worked at the Freezer technology. One day an organized gang of runner broke into his lab in a stormy night. They stole the Blueprints to the prototypes of the Freezer weapon, he followed the burglars to catch them. Infront of the door to his labs, one of the runners turned around and used the Freezer prototype against him. At least he tried. At the moment he pulled the trigger, a great flash turned out of the sky directly into the freezer and killed the runner. After that the weapon got strengthened anyhow. No other Freezer that got build the same way was ever that strong... years later the weapon got stolen again and was never seen again.

[REDEEMER> Jerod Parker was a loyal agent of the City Admin, but he hated his job. All he wanted was a early retirement. One day he awoke from his Cryo-sleep and heard from the disaster. Twighligh Guardians entered the inner city of Neocron and dealt heavy damage. Together with a squad of STORM Troops he chased them to the final fight. But the enemy got a unbelieveable mighty weapon which fired little potions of fusioning plasma, which detroyed even the STORM-Bots in seconds. Jerod parked found his long waited retirement ... on the streets of Neocron.

[HEALING LIGHT> Dr. Maria Law was developing techniques for the medical use of Laser. Many years of her life she dedicated the goal to develop a Laser, which was capable to neutralize special cells or nanites in the human body without wounds. Her experiments didn't get much attention at her sponsors since she was not able to present satisfactory results. A big unknown company bought the whole project and build an effective laser based on her work for the fight... That weapon got never into production after the whole project got maipulated (There are rumors Archer and Wessen sabotaged them) The prototype disappeared after the company closed the labs.

[FIRST LOVE> Cervantes Talos was crazy... the people told. Others thought he was a genious, and again other people only thought of him as odd. But he wasn't loved by his oddity by anyone. Fact was that nowone had ever known as much about wepons as him. He stayed sometimes weeks in his room where he worked on his weapons. He destructed them, calibrated, and constructed them again in a new way. Due to his work he constructed a huge and powerfull plasma rifle with a grace and perfection nobody had seen before. In his eyes this wepon was more beatyfull then anything he had seen, more beatyfull as any living thing he had known ... that charming, that beatyfull and lethal ...

[CURSED SOUL> Jude Fey was the best hacker. His brain contained only few biomasses, that much implants he had in it. He was more like a thinking machine then a human beeing. No one would have survived to have more then 5 brainchips implanted, but he replaced step by step all parts of his brain with their tech counterparts. He still was himself... he had no longer a soul of free thoughts ... more was he the impressivest engineering marvel in time. A human, who isn't a human. He used weapons which he only need to plug into his head to calculate distance, direction and frequenzy in only few nanoseconds. Until one day ... when he got hit by a massive energy. His soul got mixed up with the artificial inteligence of the weapon, while his body died. From then on he lives inside that one weapon like a genie in a bottle, but with a deep and total hate against all free and living individuals...

[MALEDICTION> Kirk McCoy worked at the delevopment of the fusionweapon technology and made big steps there. His success provoked envy. Dr. Lao Chen, who wasn't successfull like McCoy, hired a hacker named Jude Fey to steal all information about McCoys projects. He stole all information. McCoy cursed Chen for this unhonorable move, which leaded to the total stop of McCoys project. Lao Chen constructed two prototypes with help of the stolen Blueprints. In the first tests one of the prototypes exploded, destroyed the blueprints and killed Lao... Archer and Wesson tried to redevelop the weapon but failed. The second prototype disappeared, and A&W was no longer able to gain anymore success, since even McCoy couldnt help anymore ... he got killed in an accident.

[JUDGE> Shantai Guinea was a leading head in the Black Dragon clan. One das his brother Sven Guinea got murdered and Shantai ordered investigation. It got discovered that the black dragon clan got betrayed from somewhere inside the clan. All could be exclused, only two members not. Gon Ramone and Jeremia Sea. Both got interrogated and both always said they were not guilty. At the end Shantai decided that it must have been Gon who killed his brother and betrayed the clan. Shantai took his plasma pistol, which he got from his brothers things to kill Gon and gain retaliation. As he pulled the trigger, the plasma magically didnt hit Gon, it targeted Jeremia, who got splitted into two parts by the impressive power of the shot... Some time later it cleared out, that Jeremia was actually the murderer and betrayer. Fromon this day Shantai only used and trusted this one weapon, that was once his brothers pistol... One day Shentai didn't return from a mission, since then he and this powerfull weapon is missed ...

[WYATT EARP> Marius Kahn was the best marksman in the early days. When he shot, his enemys fall in dozens and fleed in large groups. He was a gunhero of the modern. Therefore he got called W.Earp by everyone. Noone could imagine how he could kill with a single gun a full horde of enemies. After his dead he got layed down with his properties somewhere in the Wastelands. A few robberies looted his grave and stole his weapon. They realized very fast that this weapon wasn't anyway normal. She was a very mighty instrument of destruction. It was not the reflexes of W. Earp that killed all tose ppl, it was the gun with this mighty powers... Somehow the weapon made its way into the World Museum of Neocron, where the weapon itself got named W. Earp. After the Museum go closed the weapon disappeared ...

edit: pls forgeive me some passages, im no natural english speaking guy

Mighty Max
10-08-03, 14:30
[LIBERATOR> Morcar Marone was a murderer. He had killed more then two dozens people and was never been caught. He nearly was a mythos, a kind of Jack the Ripper of the modern. He killed everytime with a submachinegun and stumbled prays tof mercy and relief before he actually killed his victims. One day something went wrong. He was just about to "release" his choosen victim as he was was caught by a young man who had accidental seen the situation. He pulled the weapon out of Morcars hand and pulled the trigger. Normaly Morcar should have had only little scratch on his Duranium Armor, but he got actully split by the bullets. This way Morcar got finally "released" from the pain of live himself. Who ever was the guy, or where he disappered with the weapon could never be investigated ...

[PAW OF TIGER> (same story as below)
[Paw OF BEAR> The assasine Miriam Bodom was known to be the most dangerous person of her time. She was just hired from the biggest companies, which payed the most, to eliminate competitors. The lived alone in the wastelands, and feeled herself mightyly bound with the nature and her animals around. From this the got her power. She used two deadly and horrorfull claws, which she named Paw of Tiger and Paw of Bear. With these Claws she was fast and lethal as a Tiger and strong as a bear. Why she worked as a assasine - nobody knows, but she told all that it was her nature to kill. The feeling was like a drug to her... until one day, she disappeared in a sudden, and the companies realized with a shock, that nobody really had known her, nor did anyone where she could have been gone ...

[MOON STRIKER>
Don Fiddler had some money - much money, in fact he was rich. He was leader of a big company and could buy everything he wanted. He ordered NEXT Sytstems and Archer&Wessen with the development of a little spaceglider, all things espacially build for him. While Next did the technical production, Archer and Wesson should concentrate on the two laser weapons and the two rocketlauncher the vehicle should be armed with. After around 3 years the glider was ready for the first liftoff. The vehicle was named "Moon Striker" by Fiddler himself. As the Moon Striker left the first time the ground, it crashed only seconds after the ignition and got destroyed in a huge cload of sood. All what was left, was only one of the rocketlauncher, which was build in 3 years in manual work... While the dropdown-place got tidied up, the weapon got lost... Never again was a wepon of this class produced, it's simply too time and money consumpting. Don Fiddlers son George Fiddler however was not dismayed about his fathers dead. Some people believe Don Fiddler, who had now become leader of the company, had manipulated his fathers glider ...

[BEAM OF HELL> Martha Riggs hd too much problems, her biggest trouble was the money. She never was a popular runner and wasn't able to pay her drugaddiction through jobs. One day she was offerd a great deal: 100.000 NC for some weapon "relocation". She had to went to a crystal mine in the wastelands and recover a lost laserpistol, which a customer's employee lost there. She accepted, found the mine and entered it. While she walked over a rusty and old bridge, which lead over an inner sea, she located the weapon. it was laying on a stone near the water, so Matha got down to get the pistol... In that moment a huge flying monster fall down on her. She grabbed the pistol, pulled the trigger and was surprised. The monster was cut into two pieces and fall back onto the bridge, which in return broke together... Martha died under the ruins, like all other runners before, which had tried to recover the weapon. ... Most people think the weapon is cursed and coming directly from doom. anyone who will take it will find a fast dead ...

[RAY OF LAST HOPE> Geoffrey Walker as a good runner, a very good one. But even the best may get into a difficult situation - so did he. He was imprisoned in an old storagehall and there were masses of spiders down there. He was hired to erase that desease, but a huge spidermutant, from the size of a glider hit him in the upper arm. He feeled the poison pulsating through his own veins and burning the hell out of him... With time he got exhausted and he knew that he had to die soon, if he wouldnt be able to escape. He needed a medi. But all he had left was his ray pistol, which was given to him for this job. He highly doubted that he would kill all of the spiders infront of the door. But the door was his only and last hope. So he opened it, began to fire and ... was totaly surprised that from the masses of spiders were only little piles of ashes left. After he successfully escaped from this trapping storagehalls, he didnt want any payment, he only wanted this powerfull weapon. The ray pistol helped him alot in the following years ... Geoffrey got lost with the time, and noone has seen him since...

[EXECUTIONER> storm Bot squad 14c-Goucho succeeded, after 2 weeks, to reach the squad of the Twighlight Guardian Terrorists, who had attacked the city. After a heavy and hard fight the squad 14c made 54 prisioneers in a small storage of the Twighlight Guardian. The leader of the suqad decided to kill everyone of the terrorists, he took his pistol and killed all of them. Man, Woman and even kids - all 54. Never before were so much virgin people murdered with a single weapon... Later it got discovered that the squalleader was malefunctioning caused by the massive energy the gun emitted... The weapon itself is known as very dangerous since then, and has to be kept in quarantine. The squadleader got shut down, since it seemed to be the will of the weapon who leaded his acts, which had nothing good in mind ...

[ELECTRIC TEMPEST> What will happen when you put a Freezer cell into a little shocker? This question asked Andre Davis himself, and since he was a technican in the service of Archer and Wesse, he tried it out by himself. Out of his little idea got a 4 year 1 man project. He invested his whole sparetime into this shocker... and he succeeded. Unfortunally the parts for the shocker where too expansive for a massive production, so that it never got to the customer. Davis named his little shocker "Electric Tempest" because it was a very powerfull weapon, even at this little size.

[VEIN RIPPER> The crahn church had worked long time on the enlargement of weapons throgh PSI-technology, to create something like flaming swords or lightning claws. Unfortunally it is not easy to combine PSI forces with a static object and therefore most weapons got destroyed while trying so. Untill once: The metal of the knife got stronger as every diamant. Only with asergrinding it could be transformed into the sharpest knife ever. A single cut was capable to penetrate flesh deep and clear, that the victim won't recognize that he got hit. The victim will die fast from inner bleeding... the psis did never be able to reproduce such a weapon.

[BLADE OF CERES> Ceres found - on one of his expeditions - not only the grave of the ceres-projectin the north, but this sword too, which had called him out of the dark deeps of the snow. Since he believed to have found the grave of a mighty hero, with the name of Ceres, he believed that this sword was once the weapon of the fallen hero. He renamed himself to "Ceres" to live the honor of the hero. He took the sword and thought it would gibe him unnatural strength... He was wrong about the ceres-hero, but his thought on the sword was right. It was unnatural strong...

KRIMINAL99
10-08-03, 14:49
Lol the one on redeemer.... Way back in the day that was the offline demo for beta 4.

El_MUERkO
10-08-03, 14:51
I edited Mighty Maxes Liberator back story for better english, if anyone wants to check it I have have a hangover.

Morcar Marone was a murderer. He had killed more then two dozen people and had never been caught. He was nearly a myth, a kind of Jack the Ripper of the modern era. He killed every time with a sub machinegun and mumbled prayers for mercy and relief before killing his victims. One day something went wrong. He was just about to "release" his chosen victim when he was caught by a young man who had accidental seen the situation. He pulled the weapon out of Morcars hand and pulled the trigger. Normally Morcar should only have had a little scratch on his Duranium Armour, this time he got split in two by the bullets. This way Morcar finally got "released" from the pain of life himself. Who ever the young man was, or where he disappeared to with the weapon could never be determined...

Helen Angilley
10-08-03, 15:38
Wow, the names certainly make a lot of sense now.

I found the "Pain Easer" story quite sad to be honest, will irk me off now whenever I see someone using it to kill other people just because they can. :(

=Chojin=
10-08-03, 16:02
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
Wow, the names certainly make a lot of sense now.

I found the "Pain Easer" story quite sad to be honest, will irk me off now whenever I see someone using it to kill other people just because they can. :(

but it wont irk u off if they use a diffrent gun :)????

Ch0

Mighty Max
10-08-03, 16:15
Ohh and here are the last 3

(all others havent a story in german too)

[THUNDERBOLT> In several textes of the Ceres-project the Thunderbolt was initial develped for War Bots. The wepeapon allthough did not got produced in massive, since the own armyhad to count too much losses though its unbelievable power. The electric power of that weapon could terminate whole groups of machines or biological organism into steaming little piles. Just before all existing Thunderbolds got recycled, the scientist Hans Grober saved one and stored it in an old storage hall til this hall got destructed ...

[DEVILS GRACE> A group of disguised cultists, which named themself "Devils Grace" constructed themself with special techniques laserswords. These swords were wide better then any normal one. The cultists produced due to the combination of the best parts of several companies, so that the energy was stronger and much more focused as it is in a "normal" Lasersword ... The Devils Grace got eliminated by the Crahn church, noone survived, and so the secret of the wepons got lost ...

[DOOM BEAMER> Tyrion Carhard was working on the project f13 from Tangent. The Doom Beamer was initially palnned for huge fightdruids and never been concepted for the normal fight. The androids never got produced and the project got halted. There were no further money to develop the weapon any more. One day Carhard sold the Beamer to Ethan Cole, who himself sold the weapon to someone else. The Doom Beamer had many owner till the track of her got lost. Where it is at the moment is not known, and it may be better this way ...

btw.: at the EXECUTIONER ... replace "virgin" with "innocent" thx goes to Renster

Ren
10-08-03, 16:46
Originally posted by Mighty Max

btw.: at the EXECUTIONER ... replace "virgin" with "innocent" thx goes to Renster

i have a gift for finding stuff like that..... actually... that could come out wrong.. oh ffs, so could that.

Dirus
10-08-03, 17:45
Nice wake up and theyre basically done for me.

Noticed I was a little off on the ones I did but seemed to be pretty close considering what I was workin with :p

Babelfish Traslations..

Pain Easer: Noel Carter was a weapon fool. He loved his collection at strange weapons over everything. Even more than its own wife, who it as consequence its betrog. It had carried many wounds in its to live of it, but none hurt as much, as those, from its wife betrogen to become. Thus it took a daily its best rifle to the hand, which it had designed and killed thereby its wife, her lover and last also itself. It was its only way out, this graesslichen internal pain too lindern? The murder weapon however disappeared...

Cursed Soul: Jude Fey was the best hacker of its time. Its brain consisted hardly still of biomass, so many implants had it used itself leaves. Many more was it a thinking machine. No humans had ever survived it to in-add itself more than 5 brain implants. It however replaced gradually each part of its brain with a technical counterpart. But it was still it? It had no more soul from free thoughts? Rather it was the largest technical wonderwork of all times. Humans, who are not. It connected the weapons, which it used simply with a plug at its head cover and distance, firing frequency, accuracy could and within fewer nanoseconds calculate damage effect. Up to the day, when it was gotten with a fight of a strong energetic charge, which let its technical spirit merge with the weapon. For this day it, like a Jinn in its lamp, lives it by its self hate and anger in this weapon and strengthens on all living persons in the immeasurable...

*ph33r*
10-08-03, 17:49
Just before all existing Thunderbolds got recycled, the scientist Hans Grober saved one and stored it in an old storage hall til this hall got destructed ...

The dude from Diehard? :eek: :p

Scikar
10-08-03, 17:50
Well they're all semi-believable, except the Wyatt story.

When he shot, his enemys fall in dozens and fleed in large groups.

:lol: :lol: :lol: More like his enemies fell to ground laughing at him.

=Chojin=
10-08-03, 18:47
well they mustave died from laughter:D which still counts as dieing:lol:

Ch0

Scikar
10-08-03, 18:51
I think I might have some fun with the kill self command next time someone shoots me with a Wyatt. :)

Mighty Max
10-08-03, 19:11
For everyone who want these stories ingame:

http://mightymax.org/pak_itemdesc.ini

Just copy this file into the "language\eng" folder and voila :D

(i have not yet fixed any grammar/orthography ...)

HellHound
10-08-03, 19:14
For everyone who want these stories ingame:
http://mightymax.org/pak_itemdesc.ini

Sometimes I hate this community...

But sometimes I love it. :D

Arcadius
10-08-03, 19:17
El Muerko can you "touch up" Might Max's translation for First Love?

Beanie McChimp
10-08-03, 19:18
The judge story is like something ou tof tThe Outer Limits infact most of them are

Mighty Max
10-08-03, 19:19
If someone corrected my stories, he can PM me then and i will update them in the ItemDesc file ....

FBI
10-08-03, 19:21
Great job Lupus.

I'll look forward to reading these descriptions.

[P]

Mighty Max
10-08-03, 19:30
/me ponders

hehe

I did the translation in response to a reinjection of life into N / O

So all visit Neocron/Online (http://www.neocrononline.com)

Forget My Name
10-08-03, 19:34
IRONIC DONT YOU THINK KK????

Last week I sent MJ a mail asking if I could fill in alll the missing item's story, descriptions, etc.... I was told by him to contact another fine fellow about this situation...

Of course I was neevr contacted, and guess what? After months and months and months and years of rares having nothing on them, here comes lupus with this post....

Nice to see KK not using the brain port for ideas.... Just people's wished to help the game out.

Breschau
10-08-03, 19:35
Originally posted by Scikar
I think I might have some fun with the kill self command next time someone shoots me with a Wyatt. :)

You gotta let out an "aargh! I'm hit!" and stagger around a bit before issuing the kill self :)

Dirus
10-08-03, 19:38
Originally posted by Forget My Name
IRONIC DONT YOU THINK KK????

Last week I sent MJ a mail asking if I could fill in alll the missing item's story, descriptions, etc.... I was told by him to contact another fine fellow about this situation...

Of course I was neevr contacted, and guess what? After months and months and months and years of rares having nothing on them, here comes lupus with this post....

Nice to see KK not using the brain port for ideas.... Just people's wished to help the game out.

Well.. for the record I was never asked by anyone to do this.. For the most part I heard the rumor of the German version having a backstory and went looking for them. I also have a thing against the German & English communities being seperated and try to make sure theres no difference.

Psychoninja
10-08-03, 21:05
Originally posted by Forget My Name
I was told by him to contact another fine fellow about this situation...

Did you contact the other 'fine fellow'?

Years? You must be on a different calendar than me o_O

Mighty Max
10-08-03, 21:15
Please back to topic

Can someone be kind and correct them maybe we can have KK then to add them in with a following patch

kthx

Dirus
10-08-03, 21:22
Ray of God: Cecil Morane was a religious woman. She believed that everything that happens, happens for a reason. Until the day a Tsunami Syndicate attack killed her husband and their 3 lovely children. This wasn't right, she lost her trust in a good willed God and in her burned the heart of an assasin longing for nothing but retaliation. She had nothing to lose. Her only desire to erase all the leading heads of the Syndicate. In the most important moment, with the first shot, the weapon developed an impossible power, which killed 3 Tsunami members at once and destroyed the wall behind them. Surprised and stunned by this power, she wasn't able to protect herself from the other guards. Seconds later she was dead ... the weapon got lost in the chaos ...

This was changed quite a bit form Mighty Max's translation, mainly due to talking with Cloudrunner lastnight, and from reading the Babelfish translation which points more towards Her being the assasin then her hiring one..

Mighty Max
10-08-03, 21:32
Changed and Uploaded it :D http://mightymax.org/pak_itemdesc.ini

Dirus
10-08-03, 21:35
Changed and Uploaded it :D http://mightymax.org/pak_itemdesc.ini

You might want to wait.. I'm gonna go over them all :p

Mighty Max
10-08-03, 21:36
Just input me .... ah and by the way psst, keep quiet, i heard MJS is around, hope he doesnt see this before he gets surprised ;)

nonamebrandeggs
10-08-03, 21:50
Erm, I put in that item descriptions file and now NC won't start :(.

Mighty Max
10-08-03, 21:52
ohh ... sec had that before ... missed a ; then ... ill look it up

nonamebrandeggs
10-08-03, 21:52
:) Ty.

El_MUERkO
10-08-03, 21:59
@arcadius, out watching the charity shield todya but I'll give it a shot.

Cervantes Talos was crazy... so some people said. Others thought he was a genius, and again other people only thought of him as odd. But he wasn't loved for his oddity by anyone. Fact was that no one had ever known as much about weapons as him. He stayed for weeks at a time in his room where he worked on his weapons. He designed them, calibrated them, and constructed them in a ways never before thought of. Due to his work he constructed a huge and powerful plasma rifle with a grace and perfection nobody had seen before. In his eyes this weapon was more beautiful then anything he had built before, more beautiful than any living thing he had known ... that charming, that beautiful and lethal, he called it his first love...

Mighty Max
I think i fixed it ... the error wa like "text blablub "name" another text" .... so the client fought the text ended but it still continued.

Hope i loacted all errors (cant test myself since i have the german client)

nonamebrandeggs
Heres one I made up for the obliterator:

Trogdor the Burninator was one of the scientists for the Fallen Angels. He was working on a new stealth device that would be so powerful that it could render the user invisible for a massive amount of time. After years of work he finally had completed it, but when he activated it the power was so great that it made him disapear forever. It is said that he still haunts Tech Haven.

EDIT: It works now Max, ty :D.

Mighty Max
10-08-03, 22:00
I can add these new too into the item table ... if we get some all are ok with :D

Arcadius
10-08-03, 22:07
Originally posted by El_MUERkO
@arcadius, out watching the charity shield todya but I'll give it a shot.

Cervantes Talos was crazy... so some people said. Others thought he was a genius, and again other people only thought of him as odd. But he wasn't loved for his oddity by anyone. Fact was that no one had ever known as much about weapons as him. He stayed for weeks at a time in his room where he worked on his weapons. He designed them, calibrated them, and constructed them in a ways never before thought of. Due to his work he constructed a huge and powerful plasma rifle with a grace and perfection nobody had seen before. In his eyes this weapon was more beautiful then anything he had built before, more beautiful than any living thing he had known ... that charming, that beautiful and lethal, he called it his first love...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WHACK!

lmao

I thought it was about a guy who was scorned by a woman who was his first love, and his anger and sadness was so great blah blah blah. :p

Btw noname, pretty good story, just needs some grammar tweaks. :D

Dribble Joy
10-08-03, 22:40
[JUDGE> Shantai Guinea was a leading head in the Black Dragon clan. One das his brother Sven Guinea got murdered and Shantai ordered investigation. It got discovered that the black dragon clan got betrayed from somewhere inside the clan. All could be exclused, only two members not. Gon Ramone and Jeremia Sea. Both got interrogated and both always said they were not guilty. At the end Shantai decided that it must have been Gon who killed his brother and betrayed the clan. Shantai took his plasma pistol, which he got from his brothers things to kill Gon and gain retaliation. As he pulled the trigger, the plasma magically didnt hit Gon, it targeted Jeremia, who got splitted into two parts by the impressive power of the shot... Some time later it cleared out, that Jeremia was actually the murderer and betrayer. Fromon this day Shantai only used and trusted this one weapon, that was once his brothers pistol... One day Shentai didn't return from a mission, since then he and this powerfull weapon is missed ...

* quakes with rage....

MY TRADEMARK WEAPON IS A BLACK DRAGON GUN!!!!

ACK IT CANNOT BE!!!

(btw I'm a merc)

P.S. could some one please touch it up for retail? me wants :D

Rizzy
10-08-03, 22:42
TRRROGGGDDOOOOORRR!!

Mankind
10-08-03, 22:49
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/positive10.jpg

*ph33r*
10-08-03, 22:51
http://www.ileet.net/images/notfunny.gif

Mankind
10-08-03, 23:11
Nah I really did like this thread. The descriptions really brought the history behind neocron more to us :p

Zokk
10-08-03, 23:41
I loved the story for the Ray of Last Hope :D