PDA

View Full Version : How fun would Neocron be with one-shot kills?

RayBob
10-08-03, 06:31
Do you think people would be happy if every spy had a rifle that could kill any other character in one shot?

Or maybe the monks had a spell that obliterated any other character in a single cast?

Sounds like fun doesn't it?

/set vent_valve 1

WELL OF COURSE NOT!

But that is what it is like to be killed as a droner. Since we are essentially afk while droning we almost never have a chance to escape. It doesn't matter how well you speck your resists they might as well just punch you to death.

It is bad enough that to escape always means losing yet another drone and that you now need to spend 15 minutes to get in another position and rejoin the battle.

It's bad enough that I have gone through 30 nemesis drones in one week (oh, and I really like how a single shot of capped HL destroys a full health drone...neato).

It is bad enough that both my body and drone show up in everyone's local list but neither my body or drone has a local list.

Don't even get me started on all the stupid droning bugs.

Why doesn't KK just delete the entire droning class? I know so many people that have LoMed to rifles and don't think for a second that these new implants (as nice as they are) come anywhere near fixing the problems droners face.

WE NEED TO BE AWARE OF OUR BODIES WHILE DRONING!

The way it is now you are droning one second and dead the next without any clue what happened. It is equivalent to a one-shot kill.

How much longer do we have to endure this inferior status? PPUs, APUs, Tanks, PEs (rifle and pistol), and rifle Spies are all formidable builds. The droner is the big joke. At an OP fight everyone ignores the annoying drone shooting you from above until all the real enemies are dead and then they swat you out of the sky. But let me not digress into the other weaknesses of droning, the issue I am currently pissed about is how blind we are while droning.

WE NEED TO BE AWARE OF OUR BODIES WHILE DRONING!

One more rant, why does our screen have to be blinded when a drone is hit? If a monk is hit point blank by a Moonstriker his screen shakes like crazy but he doesn't go blind. Why don't the drones just shake the same way?

I wish I could fly a KaKa-9000 right into the KK offices. BTW....the KaKa-9000 inflicts everyone within the blast radius with 72 hours of torrential diarrhea.

/set vent_valve 0

I realize nobody gives a shit, least of all KK, but I feel better now. I'm going to have a beer.

QuantumDelta
10-08-03, 06:33
...What level drones are you using at this time? (This is not a flame).

Arcadius
10-08-03, 06:35
wtf Ray droners kick my ass man. Especially in op wars, when I see them they become the priority.

Freaking PN rapes me in 4 seconds. And I swear it's almost like impossible to dodge.

Don't they do energy damage too? so I know if they hit me hard they hit everyone hard.

VictorKruger
10-08-03, 06:39
I feel your pain man. I have been testing out dones and such on the test server and i know exactly what you are going through.

But there is one thing that is troubling me... you say that you can't tell when your body is being attacked, but i've noticed on the test server (and this could be different on retail) but every time my monkeh's body got hit, there was a splash of blood on the screen for a moment and then it went away. I finally realized that it was my body being attacked and not the drone itself.

so hopefully that the blood thing is in effect on the retail server and maybe it's just too subtle for people to see it.

WOOO HOOO 100th POST YAY!!!!

Dream
10-08-03, 06:47
I agree with everything you said here.

But I also think droners, in a way, are very powerful. I think that because one time three /50 spies took down two ppu's, two apu's and two tanks.

Impossible? No...with perfectly coordinated kamikazi drones it happened...just like that.

RayBob
10-08-03, 06:59
@Quantum....I have been capped for ages.

@Dream and Shadow.....Forget everything I said about drone weaknesses in battle. That is not the reason I posted and I should not have even brought it up.

@Victor…..When I am busy chasing down an enemy, the very subtle blood splashes are practically unnoticeable.

What I am mad about is that we droners don't have a local list or health bar while droning. I also have a tank and I know when he is getting close to dieing. I know when to retreat and run for a PPU. :rolleyes:

But when droning…one minute I am having a great time and the next instant someone unplugged my computer.

Arcadius
10-08-03, 07:03
Maybe their could be a drone that has slightly weaker defense and offense and has a small monitor where you can see yourself and your surroundings.

RayBob
10-08-03, 07:07
I just want my life bar and local list like everyone else. I really don't think giving droners these would do anything to unbalance the game.

QuantumDelta
10-08-03, 07:26
If you've been around from feb 03, you should know to call me QD by now o_O

Listen, I don't know if you're a pure droner or not, but I have op defence plans that include droners as key components, in these plans it is possible (if all else fails) that two turrets (maybe three) and three droners can hold an op almost indefinately against a respectable force.

...Seriously, if you don't have the spacial awareness yourself don't drone in PvP alone.

And yes, the blood smeer is on retail.

JiNxY
10-08-03, 07:33
lol, dream on ray :)

it wont happen, ive given up all hope of drones getting any "better" but still i love drones, theres soooooo much potential to unlock, soooo much nerfage to un-nerf

but alas, poor droner i knew him well *sniff*

anyway :p you get my point. im sure the other forum users are sick of our drone threads...

like for instance (as was brought up in countless other drone threads) these little mechanical bundles of crap are powered by our accute and highly sensitive minds.. our consiousness is in the drone.... but then lets swap this to RL, my girlfriend, lets say, likes to talk to me while im playing neocron (she has alot to learn still lol) i dont hear a word she says, im 100% in neocron, i do however have a "buffer" of the last 3 seconds of the conversation so if she says "your not listening are you?" i can repeat what she just said :D ... anway hehe, if she punched me full on in the face im sure id goddamn know about it, infact, why the hell do we stand up while droning????? surely that takes concentration and awareness of our bodies state????

it make 0% sense not to see health IMHO

maybe we should all mail the devs asking nicely for some bug/nerf fixes :D im sure they'd love that lol

also, i dont always get blood splats, the only times i do generally is when its a cyberhound/mechbeetle etc..

some1 shooting me with a gun however... hahahah, i only see my quickbelt fly up in the air and land on my face!!

Weeeeeeeee

one more drone thread replied too *scratches another notch into his bedpost*

Arcadius
10-08-03, 07:40
I hate to say this, but perhaps droners don't complain enough?

It COULD be coincidence, but I've noticed certain changes happening(ala pistol boost, shelter nerf on other people, etc...) after large amounts of complaining.

JiNxY
10-08-03, 07:48
oh but dont get me wrong btw, droners are dangerous foes, just they have to be carefull that they start the attack and not the other way round.. (and theres no PPU nearby, but then thats the same for all fights)

and to Dream, a few nicely placed KK's can take down a PPU, but the chances of it happening the majority of the time is so small its unreal, unless hes rezzing his clan mates tho :lol:

if your a droner and you drop your drone on your head as your moving, you will notice it actually drops infront of you by some way, i find the best way of getting a nice kami hit is not to detonate when your just infront of your target (and by no means directly inside as this does sweet FA dmg wise) but to detonate a bit late. (unless your moving slow but then whats the point in that? :D )

but i guess it all depends on your kami style, ive had success with both, low ground hugging and, dive from the sky techniques..

i find the low lvl kami a better tactic as its not so much a 1 attempt thing, although getting shot down is more likely, you can compensate for the targets movements better... and sky diving u just kinda go RAAAAAAAAAAAAA and hope they dont side step too much hehe

ack ive hijacked the thread to kami drones...
balls balls balls, sorry.

i want local plz :D

QuantumDelta
10-08-03, 07:55
Local would be fine I think...

kurai
10-08-03, 08:30
Some fair points raised.

Yes - in some circumstances a droner can get some good kills, or defend an OP ...

*BUT* for every single instance of this happening there are another 20 where the droner got whacked without doing anything except launching a few expensive target practice balloons.

The definitive test wold be to mentally add up all the times you got killed *by* a droner ... and all the times you wasted his meatsack.

If you died more than you killed, then you are doing something seriously wrong as 90% of people will be on the kill more than die side of the equation.

From rough personal estimates ...

Killed by drones ... umm ... probably about half a dozen (*total* since start of retail, and one of those was by myself, accidentally,
when I was a droner :D)

Killed droners ... umm ... an order of magnitude more, at a *very* conservative estimate. (That's 60, for the non mathematically inclined :)) It would be more, but there just aren't that many people prepared to stick out the hardship of a droner life, so they are rather rare.

nonamebrandeggs
10-08-03, 08:32
Originally posted by kurai

Killed by drones ... umm ... probably about half a dozen (*total* since start of retail, and one of those was by myself, accidentally,
when I was a droner :D)

How did you manage that? Lol

QuantumDelta
10-08-03, 08:33
WARGHLY MAKE IT STOP O_O

kurai
10-08-03, 08:33
Originally posted by nonamebrandeggs
How did you manage that? Lol Tescom Graves ... was so busy concentrating on splatting the last few health points off the Viper King with AoE I hadnt noticed the bastard had wriggled right next to my hiding spot :o

nonamebrandeggs
10-08-03, 08:35
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
WARGHLY MAKE IT STOP O_O

:rolleyes: o_O

QuantumDelta
10-08-03, 08:36
Dude...the sig......so much scrollage .... what friggin resolution you runnin on? heh :p

edit;
at least change it before a mod sees it o.o

nonamebrandeggs
10-08-03, 08:39
The resolution that I'm running at would make the screen stretch even farter if I were to say it in one line.

Ehyuko
10-08-03, 09:29
I said this earlier:
This leads me to believe drones are as strong as Reakktor wants to make them and nothing we do will cause them to make any sort of improvement because:

a) we are the smallest section of the NC community
b) the coders seem to have problems with drone implementation, thus requiring more resources then other fixes.
c) drones are hard to balance because of uniqueness of the class
d) as a group, the few remaining droners are skilled at using what they have, thus any boost to drones is magnified by their experience in the use of an underpowered weapon [ok this may be ego]

@ Arcadius - Basicly the entire comunity of full-time, pvp droners can complain in 1 page of a post. At least on Pluto, I doubt if there is ever more then 3 pvp droners on at the same time. The droner community has been reduced THAT much, we do complain but there's so few it barely is noticeable.

Here's a prime example of drone priority by Reakktor, since the launch of retail you could not drone in 3rd person mode because the drone targetted itself, when gliders/bombers were introduced on the test server they had the same problem. The problem with gliders/bombers self targetting was fixed in 5 days, drones were fixed that same day, after almost 10 months, ONLY BECAUSE the fix that worked on gliders also worked on drones.

Cad
10-08-03, 09:48
Ok, what good would a local list do? You'll see if anyone comes near you, ok, but then what? You drop your Particle Nemesis in the OP, look at the enemy and get killed all the same. You cant really run away from them, and I know of no droner that can stealth, so really, why bother with a local list?

RayBob
10-08-03, 11:52
I only know one droner that CAN'T stealth, and I love killing him. In fact, there are probably only a handful of spies period that can't stealth. It is the only way we can stay alive. My spy can take 2 full CS blasts, so if I could see my body you bet I would stealth away.

When I play my tank I am often switching between first and third person views; however, third person view is useless to droners. Perhaps ALT + E should switch droners from "full-screen" droning (like it is now) to a "windowed" type of droning. A floating, resizeable, and moveable window (think TV screen) that would show us the drone's view. In this way, a droner could choose (depending on the vulnerability of his droning spot) between the more pleasant and larger view, or a reduced view so that he could stay aware of his body.

On a slight tangent....why do we even have local lists? Is everyone in the future born with a radar system in their heads? I think they should get rid of the local list entirely for everyone. If you see an enemy coming down the road, you should be able to crouch behind a rock and shoot him in the back as he passes you. People would have to be much more careful and always look around instead of being lazy and depending on the local list to warn them.

kurai
10-08-03, 12:05
Originally posted by RayBob
People would have to be much more careful and always look around instead of being lazy and depending on the local list to warn them.
Yeah - stop being careful people - if you don't see me on the local list , I'm not there.
You are perfectly safe.
Honest.
Stop laughing.
No - really you are.
Would I lie to you ? :D

In other words ... I can kill people from way, WAY outside Local List range already. ;)

Thane
10-08-03, 12:51
hmm, i also got killed WITH A SINLGE HIT by some silly droner allready.... wtf is your point??

why should you be aware of your body while droning, if even snipers aren't aware of their health and stuff while aiming??

you are droning something around that moves like several 100 meter away from your body... why should you be aware of something happening miles away?

KRIMINAL99
10-08-03, 15:19
I dont know man.. I play a droner and I see it as kind of a tradeoff... I mean a capped Particle nemesis is worth about 2 of any other class in pvp, unless the droners body is vulnerable or easy to find. Tanks dont stand a chance, Spies are target practice, Sheltered PES take a few bursts and with some effort and luck you can even kill ppus.

The only thing I think is that they should have some defense against stealth ffs... Basically if any enemy in the zone has a stealth tool you are totally screwed as a droner, unless you are being defended by someone in an OP fight.

Being rpked as a droner really sux too cause there isnt anything you can do about it, but I can't think of anything to do about it that wouldn't drastically overpower droners.

Droning is just one of those things where if you are attacked it sux but if you are the aggressor you totally own. My advice is to go on a pking spree with your drones to let off some steam. And prove to yourself you can turn those "Im a badass" Cs tanks into pants wetting cowards who run away screaming for their mommy.

EDIT: I read more of your post and you are complaining about drones being underpowered... Do you have all your INT points in willpower? And what lvl are you? My drones kill everything in like 3 bursts other than ppus...

JiNxY
10-08-03, 15:20
Thane have you ever used a remote control car? :rolleyes:

and kill a ppu? a few days ago, me and some clan mates were shooting a PPU, 3 to be precise, all with Particle Nemesis, i personally get 156% dmg, and they are just a bit lower looking at the dmg we each did... anyway, we didnt see 1 red number coming off him and he just stood there and rezzed his clan

u guys that kill PPU's must all find stupid ones or something

KRIMINAL99
10-08-03, 15:32
Originally posted by JiNxY
Thane have you ever used a remote control car? :rolleyes:

and kill a ppu? a few days ago, me and some clan mates were shooting a PPU, 3 to be precise, all with Particle Nemesis, i personally get 156% dmg, and they are just a bit lower looking at the dmg we each did... anyway, we didnt see 1 red number coming off him and he just stood there and rezzed his clan

u guys that kill PPU's must all find stupid ones or something

Well Ive followed ones around and killed them but it took a bit, and I killed one with the help of a ppu dam boosting on my side. 156% dam? Are you capped with most of the droner imps then? Cause if not then you are mistaken lol. Anyways Droners bypass body health and resists to some degree.. because of their wierd damage its possible that with two viable PPU setups one can be killed by drones while the other would be really difficult.

Voodoochicken
10-08-03, 16:03
1)
PN drones cost a fortune to research and build and you will lose a lot of them (dropping when your body is killed/being shot down).

2)
PN drones do Energy and x-ray damage (allegedly). .so that's why they can easily kill APUs.

3)
"Impossible" to kill a stealther.. I guess to have a chance of killing them, you'd have to fly up their arse so you can see the blue stealth effect to shoot at...

Therefore, my complaints about drones (not uncluding all the "little" launch bugs, etc.)..

1)
Way too expensive/time consuming to produce for most droners to use for PvP.

(sure.. you can save money spent on tradeskillers if you make them yourself... which would pretty much require a full op bonus to be at all practical, as well as gimping your droning skills).

2)
Considering their lack of armour, some of the drones' hitboxes are way too big.. eg.. the advanced plasma drone is useless for attacking anything (and is it me.. or is the range on this drone completely bugged?)

3)
Drones appear on other runners' Local List, whilst there's no list for the droner or their drone.

(Either drones should get a local list, or they shouldn't appear on other peoples..

Or.. if drones are to appear on local lists, then the droners body shouldn't whilst droning [make people use their eyes to find you])

4)
Droners should automatically crouch whilst droning.

5)
The info box for a drone doesn't show me how much damage it does, or what type... (ie.. because you don't load ammo into it.. .ie bugged)

6)
Let's see... droners can't cap damage on their drones, whilst other classes can cap damage AND use stealth tools (almost as a "free gift" for using high tech weapons.. helped of course by some suitable implants adding TC).

Maybe there should be a resurection tool that requires willpower/RCL to use. :)

(of course.. there'd be problems such as "what does it use as ammo?" (stamina?) and "I'm a PPU.. so I don't like that idea.")

Mirco
10-08-03, 16:20
On a slight tangent....why do we even have local lists? Is everyone in the future born with a radar system in their heads? I think they should get rid of the local list entirely for everyone. If you see an enemy coming down the road, you should be able to crouch behind a rock and shoot him in the back as he passes you. People would have to be much more careful and always look around instead of being lazy and depending on the local list to warn them.

Hell yea. I`m all for removing the local list. Just have it so you can only activate it inside neocron or Plaza 1 to help locating people when you are looking for a tradeskiller. Would make the droners a little harder to find as well.

Tycho C
10-08-03, 16:31
Drones hurt. Period. Not being a droner, I can't pretend to understand all the problems that they might have. But as a PE, a PN =usualy= does 30% dmg in one hit. Shelter takes a bit off the top, but it still hurts without a PPU buff.

As for how acurate they are, I ALWAYS run to hide behind something. They are nearly impossible to dodge. As for "The hit boxes are too big"... no they arn't. I poke TL 115, so my aiming happens to be gimped. This also gives me a chance to realise how damn hard it is to hit a moving drone. Unless I use a gun with lazer on it, there ain't no way in hell I can kill it unless it stops moving do to lag or those cheap bugs you guys apear to get.

Another thing I can't help but think, is how droners seem to think that they are asking for the power of a tank... Your current place is like a PE one on one witha tank. You wanna win? Get the skills, or fight someone whou aint got it. You're at about the right place. Not everyone can be a tank.

PS: If your not crying to have the power of a tank, then I apologise.

JiNxY
10-08-03, 17:19
yeh im nearly capped (except for an INT lvl i think)
and only drone imps, thats why ive been fuming over this whole riggers interface thing recently, i want i want :D

but anyway, i dont want the power of a tank, as to be honest i already have it (ok not in the same way but u get my point) out in the wastelands, if theres 3 tanks and i hide my body well, theyre pretty much toast, unless they know how to handle drones( its amazing how many times they sit shooting green blobs at me providing me with a nice stationary target).

id say thats pretty powerfull.

what we want is less bugs/flaws and a chance to cap our ONLY weapon.
and maybe have another skill like other classes?

Jolt
10-08-03, 18:46
I just like them to be easier to make...spending 3-4+ hours each week getting them made, to just to lose them in 2 hits from a monk or spy isnt fun. Probally the main reason im thinking of rerolling. =/

More advatnges to leaving my body completly undefended. Getting rid of local list would be very nice :). Any time im hunting a droner down i dont look for them to show up on my screen, i watch the local list for them. >>

As for the blood splashes, i can see them in pvm when droning fine; but in OP battles i never seem to see them and the only thing thats lets me on to someone attacking my body is when the armour is damaged msg apears.

Helen Angilley
10-08-03, 19:04
Give them higher Fire resistance (Machines don't burn. :p) and a certain degree of Psi immunity (As in something that would do 1000 "normally" would only do around 800 to a Drone, for example).

Things would be fine then.

Droners just need to play to their strengths and overcome their weaknesses.

EDIT: One more thing, the "Rare" Drones need to be drastically boosted in terms of power.

A farking PLC-100, a PLC-1000 dammit, is far better in PVP than a Particle Nemesis.

Ehyuko
10-08-03, 19:05
And see, this is another reason drones take so long to be looked at, for anyone asking for a simple fix ie: freedom to aim in all directions as EVERY other weapon user in the game can, we have half the people in this thread complaining about how strong and overpowered drones are :mad:, how we people that have been droning since release "lack skills" because amazingly people that ARE NOT droners can drone far better then we can... they just like being tanks or psis or using their alts more then droning... and then you have people making pure BS and idiotic claims like this:
I mean a capped Particle nemesis is worth about 2 of any other class in pvp, unless the droners body is vulnerable or easy to find. Tanks dont stand a chance, Spies are target practice, Sheltered PES take a few bursts and with some effort and luck you can even kill ppus

Let me be clear in why I think this statement is totally wrong.

Capped PN - outside of the original [how often will you use that in an op fight considering it will be lost when you sync, crash, get ganked or gets blown in TWO hits], there is no one on any server [perhaps besides test, but even there I've never heard it done] that can cap a player made PN.

worth about 2 of any other classes in pvp - total bs, anyone besides the poster of this quote run in fear of a drone the same way you would run from a apu/ppu combo, a pair of apus, a pair of ppus, a pair of tanks or even a pair of PE/spies? No, people have no fear of drones except for those that rarely fight them and have no clue of what to do.

unless the droners body is vulnerable - which it is, one of the points of this thread is we have no idea of our health or if any enemies are nearby, nor can we move, or heal, or rebuff while droning.

Tanks dont stand a chance, Spies are target practice, Sheltered PES take a few bursts and with some effort and luck you can even kill ppus - I love this statement, why? Because if you are playing against an equally leveled, skilled player this is so not true, tanks that crouch and fire at drones are brainless, how many tanks do you see crouching and firing at an apu as they rain holy lightening, not live ones and not for long, sure it's possible to kill a ppu... if their buffs fail and they are afk, or crash, or are out of mana shocked and debuffed, other then that good luck, if ANY ppu with blessed buffs can't take a drone they should quit being a ppu because they are obviously not suited to play that class. While this statement my be true for a rank 60+ capped droner taking out rank 30 and lower runners, it's not accurate as a whole or even showing a true representation of the situation.

It's partly due to people like these that the devs are not eager to make drone changes, even though they show they have very little [if any] droning experience against skilled players. If drones are so powerful why don't more people use them? Simple answer: they are weaker then every other weapon type and take far more skill to use.

Arcadius
10-08-03, 19:21
Ray I agree with removing local list.

gizmojack
10-08-03, 19:50
My main character has been a droner since beta-
I should know about your gripes as a droner, I posted many myself and pondered on them.

In combat, on players with equal or near equal ranks.

Tanks (without PPU support ->dead, with PPU support -> hard kill)
Spies (easy kill)
PEs (easy kill)
APUS (very easy kill)
PPUs (dun bother fighting them)

On the issue of drone health / local list in drone view:

health bar: Yes, its essential to know ones life in any game.

local area bar: No, ppl will scream nerf the droners
I'll never die because-->
1) See enemy name in local list
2) Drop drone
3) Stealth & relocate
4) Relaunch and Exterminate target

Hope this helps

-Giz:cool:

HellHound
10-08-03, 20:00
Yay, another drone thread for me to bitch in.
Except I won't bother, as I gave up, lommed everything into CST and made a rifle PE. :rolleyes:

Voodoochicken
10-08-03, 23:55
About the local list:

I'm not bothered about the droner getting a local list for his surroundings directly.

EITHER

The local list should display runners near to the drone (as opposed to the droner). This would be much better, whilst not being unfair.

OR..

A runner who is droning shouldn't appear on other runners' local list.

OR..

Drones shouldn't appear on other runners' local lists.

But .. something should be done with the local lists :)

PLUS.. is Helen just trolling? again..

A HEW Advanced Assault Drone PLC-1000 being better in anyway/shape/form than a PN drone for PvP?

The PLC-1000 is terrible.

Helen Angilley
11-08-03, 00:02
Originally posted by Voodoochicken
The PLC-1000 is terrible.

Faster, longer range, rapid fire, can cover an entire zone in a very short amount of time.

I was frequently killing supposed "Uber" ** and ***s with PLC-1000s and PB-1s.

I wasn't trolling love, I was stating an opinion (One close to fact if my tests are anything to go by...o_O).

No point in using a Rare Drone just because it's rare.

You need to consider more than straight out damage and social status.

Ormy
11-08-03, 00:31
Rifler and pistol users got a nice toy to play with that used currently used skills, stealth. IMO droners need an equally useful toy (i have no idea what) that uses RCL and/or WPW.

HellHound
11-08-03, 00:33
A completely new set of powerful drones that require T-C! :eek:

(Yeah, right:rolleyes: )

Voodoochicken
11-08-03, 05:30
I must be using a different PLC-1000 drone then.

Sure it can fly a long way...

But you have to be really close to the target to hit them + the damage is lower than a PB-4 or PB-20 drone + they have less armour + have hardly any ammo + one repair cycle takes about half of this limited ammo..

(I suppose they are capable of the same number of shots, but the lower damage makes it seem like they have less ammo... if you follow)

I don't even believe you could kill a decent ** or *** character with a PLC-1000 unless they choose not to heal.... and not to shoot back...

Plus..
I don't care how fast the drone moves... if someone has any clue whatsoever they'll take it out anyway.. it's not a powerful enough drone wrt damage output... and it certainly doesn't have defence.

The fact you have to be very close to hit them + the large hitbox of the PLC-1000 off sets it's speed, imo.

Therefore,
I can only assume you were attacking afk people, or you've never used PB20s or PN drones... (which can't be true. .otherwise you couldn't make a comparison).

or your droner has zero willpower... hence the advantage of the bugged range on the PLC-1000s seems like a huge advantage

or it's like I said and I have really bugged PLC-1000s that have completely different properties to other peoples'.

Of course.. I'd conceed that it's a much, much cheaper drone to produce than the RG or PB or PN (or punisher if you happen to be capped).. = it's only real advantage.

Mantus
11-08-03, 06:43
(Sorry I really don’t feel like reading the whole thread)

RayBob, I really don’t agree with you. Drones are great in PvP and in PvM they just suffer from two problems and one of them you mentioned: a droners body is too easy to find. The other problem is a lack of PvM drone option later on.

Being aware of our bodies will not make it any easier to live. What will help is being able to somehow protect ourselves while droning. This can be solved by providing a device that will hide our names while droning. I know it not much, but we really don’t need all that much. A good resist combo can save a spy from a few weapon bursts and if you are fast enough u can drop the drone and cloak. The whole process takes 5 seconds, which is pretty much forever in PvP but its something, a droner should not be able to survive easilly in combat.

A higher level MR drone is what I would really really like. As the MR-1000 is our primary PvM weapon but its only TL85 which gives us crap xp and its low damage output when capped (only 104 per hit on a Warbot) makes it rather tedious. A rifle spy with a capped PE can take a Warbot down in about a third of the time that an MR-1000 can do it. Yes we can use a Nemesis vs warbots which hits harder, but due to the fact that it has to come within the Warbots range means that it gets hit way too often. A TL105 MR drone would hit the spot.

Implementing these two things into the game would pretty much make the droners on par with any other class out there.

gizmojack
11-08-03, 13:03
Actually->

My idea was to allow droners to set up booby traps in the form of stun & proximity mines.

You can buy them like grenades. Before droning the droner
can place a total of 3 mines anywhere on the ground. But
only 3 mines can exist on the ground at any 1 given time.

Since we use RCL. These mines should be in the form of
"mechshell" like creatures, that attack when the enemy comes
within range.

This way droners have a small but basic form of defense while droning. Not to mention that its cute ;)

-Giz:cool:

deac
11-08-03, 13:09
[B]It's bad enough that I have gone through 30 nemesis drones in one week (oh, and I really like how a single shot of capped HL destroys a full health drone...neato).

ummh ... no it takes atleast 2

greendonkeyuk
11-08-03, 14:39
Droning Pvm, Graves.

Droning PVP, DEFENCE..... NUFF SAID.

Droners should defend the ppus in op fights, have your meat sack left in the general vicinity of a ppu and keep ur drone within sight of it also.
Just because drones have exceptional range doesnt mean you gotta use it. U can stay close.

Droners, as qd rightly said, are amazing on defence of ops, fortresses in particular. (whinces at memories of jerico fight)

Droners on offence...... well, they can be effective, but you gotta rely on your buddies more than any other class, even more than an apu monk does.

There are bugs with droners..... for example the launcher bug, which irritates the shit outta me personally.

One of the largest problems for droners isnt the guys themselves, its the terrain, there just arent enough terrain to stash your meat behind/under/on anywhere really.

Personal opinion, droners should be at least kneeling down if not (shock horror :eek: ) LYING DOWN to launch the drones.

I think sniper spies should be able to lie down too to aim their rifles.

screw all the crappy armour stuff, if they let us lie down im going straight back to sniping everything i see!!

Its more a case of as helen said use your strengths not your weaknesses, leaving your meat sack unattended anywhere is just asking to get ganked!

Leaving it within easy reach of a ppu is a lifesaver. All the ppu needs to do is bark a warning on clan chat that someones comin near and you can either....
A: handbrake turn the drone and blast the swine to kingdom come.... (the favoured option)
B: drop your drone, stealth and get the hell out.

Yes i have a droner, yes i feel your pain, no i couldnt be arsed to read the whole thread, yes drones can be effective in pvp.

In summary it sounds like youre tryin to play your spy like a tank.
By that i mean expect them to take damage from others etc.

Try to get into the mindset that if you get hit youre gonna die. Its the peril of our class. They gave us stealth to combat it, every droner i know uses stealth, every spy i know uses stealth!

Your main complaint was that you couldnt see your meatsack from what i could read of the thread starter, this i agree with, thats why i take a friend along when im droning, i dont leave home without one. There are bugs in the system, i do hope they fix em but (this goes to all who have posted) guys all we need to do is post constructive feedback and they will fix it. A lot of good feedback has come out of this thread, a lot has been repeated but that too needs to happen some times so good on you all for that.

basically guys theyve jus given droners some lovin that they didnt have before, if people whine they might look elsewhere.... like melee! 8|

What good is that to us!!

Seriously, droners are pvp viable, the same as every other class is, spies in general can be used to great effect. Admittedly we are the bottom of the pile until we are fully capped and its a bastard of a way to get there but the person who can pvp with a spy and do it well.... well they need a plaque erecting at kk hq!

Ehyuko
11-08-03, 16:44
Personally I'd rather be more combat effective then given a plaque, and by that I'm not asking for more damage from a drone... just:

higher quality caps - to bring us in line with the other weapon users who can have weapon which last for months with 120% in all stats
freedom to aim in all directions - just like every other weapon user
a RPOS - just like every other weapon user
a local list OR removal from one - just like every other weapon user

Is equality really so much to ask for?

basically guys theyve jus given droners some lovin that they didnt have before, if people whine they might look elsewhere.... like melee!

Is seems that Reakktor doesn't see a problem unless people complain, examples are vehicle armour, ppu buff strenth on others, drone imps, etc. Just because they've done something to make us better doesn't mean we should stop demanding equality! If you give a starving person a dirty, half rotting pizza crust he'll likely thank you... doesn't mean you should give him that kind of food and expect his gratitude in the future. I HOPE melee gets a good working over too and I don't mind if they do it NOW, but I want to know FOR A FACT that drones are still getting improvements either through test server patches or retail releases.

Skinfitz
11-08-03, 21:24
But that is what it is like to be killed as a droner. Since we are essentially afk while droning we almost never have a chance to escape. It doesn't matter how well you speck your resists they might as well just punch you to death. Har ha ha harrrr I'm going to do that next droner I find PKing at MB bunker :lol:

kurai
11-08-03, 21:39
Originally posted by Skinfitz
Har ha ha harrrr I'm going to do that next droner I find PKing at MB bunker :lol: lol
I did that to Fenyx while bored at Soliko one night, waiting for SS to appear. :D

I was nice though - I stopped when he got to about 15 HLT ;)

Ehyuko
11-08-03, 22:43
Here's another thing droners deserve:

Remove the static when a drone is hit.

OR

Every time a person is hit by a drone they suffer the same sight loss as droners.

I think the static is cool, but it's also specificly aimed at making drones weaker, no other class suffers from this EXCEPT people that abuse drugs... but some droners use drugs too and suffer doubly from it, so droners suffer from that as much as any other class, and more.

JiNxY
12-08-03, 00:22
agreed, i wouldnt mind keeping the fuzzy if it was mild so i could still see whats going on.. i can generally keep a good lock on a target through a fuzzy, but with multiple hits its just stupid