PDA

View Full Version : Nerf Water!!

Whiety Bulger
10-08-03, 02:13
I know it's sounds stupid but water needs to be nerfed its to powerful. The game engine handels it wrong in jeriko there are no ways out of some ponds and you get bitten to death by dragon flys. The main sewers there are also water traps. As funny as it sound this problem needs to be fixed reset postion doesnt work when ur being attacked.

Ascension
10-08-03, 02:39
Yeah its like your walking through TAR:confused:

{MD}GeistDamnit
10-08-03, 02:49
there are many map problems, mostly terrain. I have fallen into about 20 or more pit's since I first played retail. ( beta I never went out of neocron :p )

that's what the reset position is for, but unfourtunately reset position has a long ass wait.

QuantumDelta
You've never waded through water?
It's bloody tough to wade through water when it's just about up to your thighs..

Benjie
ReaKKtor should reward Test Server Players who participate in reporting difficult to get out of areas. IE water, certain mountains.

Then ReaKKtor should edit the landscape a bit. Perhaps add a cave, or just lower part of the land.

Roads need to be tested too. Especially near Teckhaven.

It's bloody tough to wade through water when it's just about up to your thighs..
The big question here is would you pay for a

"massivly multiplayer online wading through water simulation game"
.... or mmowtwsg for short.

{MD}GeistDamnit
10-08-03, 02:52
Originally posted by QuantumDelta

Yeah but you ever fell into a water pit? like the one in gaya's lowest level.What he means more I think is the map problems.

QuantumDelta
10-08-03, 02:54
meh...reset position...
Although, I've never actually fell into something like that....that actually required a reset position since 2002.......... (....in gayamine I got stuck behind the ladder)

@ Benjie.
I thought you were the one that wanted this game to be more realistic? mr. realistic-citycom idea o_O

Seriously though, if that wading thing wasn't there I think a lot of people would have worked out an exploit or two by now....

{MD}GeistDamnit
10-08-03, 02:56
you never fell into a pit in tg or the infamous pit at grant mine?

a car can't even get out of that pit :p

QuantumDelta
10-08-03, 03:01
Originally posted by {MD}GeistDamnit
you never fell into a pit in tg or the infamous pit at grant mine?

a car can't even get out of that pit :p

Never found that pit, I don't think..................o_O

what Pit in TG? I've been over most of the mountain and canyon terrain repeatedly, one of the only "pitty" zones is the one where mountain and canyon combines just west of deveraux (yea I can spell that) :P

Ascension
10-08-03, 03:06
Theres 1 bitch at the back of cycrow..

On the way onto the big cliff..

But anyway back on topic:)

{MD}GeistDamnit
10-08-03, 03:06
tg pit is by grant's zone . but the grant mine by the genrip is the worst.If you want I'll go there ingame now and show you :p

QuantumDelta
10-08-03, 03:08
not atm man..not enough Genki..

{MD}GeistDamnit
10-08-03, 03:10
your more of a protoculture addict than I am eh? :p

what I forgot what genki meant :eek:

QuantumDelta
10-08-03, 03:11
Energy :P

{MD}GeistDamnit
10-08-03, 03:23
ok I'm sory for hijacking teh thread :p

bottom line is kk needs to fix the map's and the terrain, and to be honest from someone who has edited terrain.............it is a pain in the fuckin ass.It's like being god :p so people have to point out to the kk employee's where this stuff is.

enablerbr
10-08-03, 03:27
yeah i got caught outside TH. i climbed up the side of the hill. fell and got stuck between TH building and the hill. with no way out. even tried 2x reset commands didn't work (yes i waited ages between each type). i had to kill self in the end.

QuantumDelta
10-08-03, 03:32
...I've never had /set reset_position 1 fail o_O

enablerbr
10-08-03, 03:34
well maybe it never failed and that was the reset point lol.

QuantumDelta
10-08-03, 03:36
nah..screen would blank for a split second...
make sure you type the command in local next time (don't ask)

enablerbr
10-08-03, 03:39
well it was in local. i've never had a problem with it before then. i'd went and made a drink, other things before i came back after the 2nd atempt.

Benjie
10-08-03, 04:17
Either fix the terrain or remove Y replicants imo. (preferebaly the first one)

QuantumDelta
10-08-03, 04:18
...And Y's are hard because..................? o_O

VictorKruger
10-08-03, 06:13
i have to agree that either the terrain or the vechicles have to be looked at... since the nerfing of the speed of vechicles, it's mighty damn hard to drive on anything that has a most a 15 degree angle. the vechicles have little to no momentium, or don't have any torque to get going. I've had better experience driving cars on inch thick ice than driving in this game now.

if the vechicles are going to stay the same speed, then the moutain areas need to be reworked.

SorkZmok
10-08-03, 06:44
omg i just remembered a funny story....

was fighting some ppl at northstar with my evil uber hybrid (nice days back then :D ), killed some ppl, then got chased by way to many of em so i ran. Then i fell into a damn small pool of water with no chance of getting out again....no chance to use any spells anymore and the whole enemy clan standing around the pool laughing their asses off before killing me :(

Promethius
10-08-03, 08:13
speakin of pits. Ever fall into that nasty one behind tezla? That is a death trap and a half. At an OP war once i found one unlucky dude in there. He never left that hole sadly :lol:

QuantumDelta
10-08-03, 08:14
Originally posted by Promethius
speakin of pits. Ever fall into that nasty one behind tezla? That is a death trap and a half. At an OP war once i found one unlucky dude in there. He never left that hole sadly :lol: LOL People who fall in that deserve to die :P

Promethius
10-08-03, 11:03
Originally posted by enablerbr
yeah i got caught outside TH. i climbed up the side of the hill. fell and got stuck between TH building and the hill. with no way out. even tried 2x reset commands didn't work (yes i waited ages between each type). i had to kill self in the end.

just curious...did u spell it correctly... as in /set reset_position 1

enablerbr
10-08-03, 12:36
yes i did check my spelling. OMG. been typing that 1 since beta. i know it partially worked cause my char couldn't move left, right, forward or back. oh btw i forgotten the pings command, oops.:)

Vampire222
10-08-03, 12:46
main sewers re like uhm... the buggeriest place in nc! for real!