PDA

View Full Version : I'm playing Rubies of even tide. Think I'll come back to Neocron though... MEH!

Benjie
10-08-03, 02:11
Neocron pisses me off. It's not crap, it's just 7 months of playing any game for 10 hours a week will piss anybody off!....

.......So I tried Rubies of Eventide. What to say, what to say....

1st opinion: meh!
2nd opinion: Hrmm...
3rd opinion: huh?
4th opinion: Hmm!!
5th opinion: erm...
6th opniion: Err, no.

Kinda lacks "goodness", not that it's dire, but it's not that fun. Best compiment I could find is that it's "intresting". It's Kinda like the kid at school who wasn't a total dick, but always looked at you funny....

Scikar
10-08-03, 02:16
I got a free trial of Earth and Beyond, played through a bit, got patronised by every single NPC and the interface helper person thing, graphics weren't that impressive and controls were sluggish as hell. Interestlingly though, I met someone called Nidhogg who turned out to be an impostor. Unfortunately the lack of a PvP aspect meant killing him was out of the question. Needless to say, I think I'd like that Gb of HD space back now, thanks.

Benjie
10-08-03, 02:47
Originally posted by Scikar
I got a free trial of Earth and Beyond, played through a bit, got patronised by every single NPC and the interface helper person thing, graphics weren't that impressive and controls were sluggish as hell. Interestlingly though, I met someone called Nidhogg who turned out to be an impostor. Unfortunately the lack of a PvP aspect meant killing him was out of the question. Needless to say, I think I'd like that Gb of HD space back now, thanks.

lol.

I acttually hate that Neocron is the best mmropg there is. It's so stale for me now and I get the impression that ReaKKtor get high at work quite a lot...

Cyphor
10-08-03, 03:00
Originally posted by Benjie
I acttually hate that Neocron is the best mmropg there is.

heh i know how you feel, its just a pity it doesnt get that much recognition. However www.mmorpg.com has it ranked at 5th best mmorpg atm, up there with alot bigger games from alot bigger companies. Having played 3 out of 4 of the games ranked ahead of it, i feel it should be top :angel: (everyone go vote)...hopefully kk can get a better publisher soon and the game can get some much needed attention from the gaming community at large :)

On a second note im downloading ragnok online atm (for the second time hopefully this one isnt corrupt :( ), anyone know if its any good? I heard the stories about the curfew in asia so decided it was worth a try :D

Helen Angilley
10-08-03, 03:10
So how long until you're back to spamming "Neocron/KK/MJS sux11!11" Threads?

enablerbr
10-08-03, 03:18
Helen Angilley don't you have some million hours mining to do.:D

Helen Angilley
10-08-03, 03:20
Originally posted by enablerbr
Helen Angilley don't you have some million hours mining to do.:D

Nope, my fetching, carrying, delivering and Mining is done for the day.

My custom-built Bestower, Tormentor and a few Shuttles are in my personal hangar.

My company has been established and we have offices in the Amarr Royal Institute.

Things are quiet, no deliveries or requests for Mining support have come through so the staff are gettig the night off.

Answer your question?

enablerbr
10-08-03, 03:24
BTW hasn't RO gone retail now and not just korea. i stopped playing it's beta.

Cyphor
10-08-03, 03:39
Originally posted by enablerbr
BTW hasn't RO gone retail now and not just korea. i stopped playing it's beta.

Yep you can download it and get a 3 day free trial :)

http://enweb.ragnarok.co.kr/

Martin J. Schwiezer
10-08-03, 03:50
Originally posted by Cyphor
However www.mmorpg.com has it ranked at 5th best mmorpg atm, up there with alot bigger games from alot bigger companies. Having played 3 out of 4 of the games ranked ahead of it, i feel it should be top :angel: Uh... I didn't even realize this. I just checked out the site and it's actually rated the 3rd best MMORPG:

Dark Age Of Camelot
Rating: 8.1

Asheron's Call
Rating: 8.0

Everquest
Rating: 7.9

Anarchy Online

Neocron

Okay, it's sharing the 3rd place with AO and EQ... but looking at the overall results, it's only a small way ahead to the very top of that list ;)

Benjie
10-08-03, 04:11
Originally posted by Martin J. Schwiezer
Uh... I didn't even realize this. I just checked out the site and it's actually rated the 3rd best MMORPG:

Dark Age Of Camelot
Rating: 8.1

Asheron's Call
Rating: 8.0

Everquest

Anarchy Online

Neocron

Okay, it's sharing the 3rd place with AO and EQ... but looking at the overall results, it's only a small way ahead to the very top of that list ;)

It used to be at number one.

So how long until you're back to spamming "Neocron/KK/MJS sux11!11" Threads?

I find it annoying that certain elements aren't complete, and yet development of new items are being put into the game. That does suck.

Cyphor
10-08-03, 04:20
I find it annoying that certain elements aren't complete, and yet development of new items are being put into the game. That does suck.

I think the problem is that the community who play are constantly demanding new content and nerfs, so kk tries to please, yet those who dont play (either because they left or heard about it), would play if it wasn't for all the bugs. Typical comments you'll hear about nc is its one of the best mmorpg's around but the bugs make it unbearable, and advice like give it a few months till the bugs are ironed out.

Although as subscribers new content is always good, im sure most people would be happy with a month of no content for a patch the fixes most of the annoying bugs, as it would benefit them directly and in-directly by attracting new customers. However i doubt its that simple or the problems would have been fixed at some point in the 10 months since release.

Helen Angilley
10-08-03, 04:35

Doesn't justify the annoying crap you spread all over several boards in a last ditch effort to be heard.

Scikar
10-08-03, 04:38
I hope that after DoY we'll see more RP content. First combat has to be tweaked which is what KK are doing now, but after that I'd like to see HackNet, and true espionage for spies (things like planting bugs, devices to steal app passwords, hacking the hometerm in an enemy clan app to gain access to their clan chat for a short amount of time, and stuff for PEs like tracing who used a GR. So spies can do deliberate and malicious stuff while PEs get to track them down. PEs should be able to be real Private Eyes, tanks should be able to get Security/Bodyguard jobs, if there was more stuff like that then there'd be more of an RP feel.

Benjie
10-08-03, 04:39
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
Doesn't justify the annoying crap you spread all over several boards in a last ditch effort to be heard.

I am rubber you are glue! What you say bounces off me and sticks to you! (http://www.planethalflife.com/half-life2/delaymovie/)

Benjie
10-08-03, 04:42
oops sorry.