PDA

View Full Version : Launcher change + can no longer join server

Deathape
10-08-03, 00:09
My PC got a blue screen just now, i think its down to over heating because its a ridiculous temperature here right now.
Anyway, i rebooted and found the launcher has a new start page, the server ip also disappears everytime you load the launcher, and I can no longer join the server, the port is really funky as well.
Any1 else got this prob or know what to do?

Heres a screenie:

http://www.eclipse.nildram.co.uk/neoproblem.jpg

Thx for any help :)

Deathape
10-08-03, 00:13
k, the port is back to 62375 now, but i still cant connect :(

Nidhogg
10-08-03, 00:21
Please contact helpdesk@neocron.com. Thanks.

N

Deathape
10-08-03, 00:37
K
emailed them

Anyway
the original Launcher start page has returned and it seems to connect
however the game doesnt start, it just closes the launcher as soon as it says connecting.

ZoneVortex
10-08-03, 00:39
Eeeeek....sounds to me like third party software strikes again?

I don't see an explanation for the weird new launcher screen!

Arcadius
10-08-03, 00:49
Same exact thing happened to me, I had to reinstall.

OpTi
10-08-03, 01:01
save your patches and reinstall takes 10mins

Deathape
10-08-03, 01:21
re-installing now but its fooking stuck downloading patch 160

why cant they just fix these sodding bugs
no wonder the game's not very popular :mad:

Xian
10-08-03, 01:25
Delete patch #159 (and maybe 160.. if doing the 159 thing fails).

This happened to me before (where it went to KK's website instead of the NC site, along with no server ip), just rebooting fixed it.

Deathape
10-08-03, 01:31
nm
found it

OpTi
10-08-03, 01:31
Originally posted by Deathape
re-installing now but its fooking stuck downloading patch 160

why cant they just fix these sodding bugs
no wonder the game's not very popular :mad:

it is fixed, it says

US Version Patcher Bug!
If you have installed the US-retail version of Neocron, please copy this NeocronLauncher into your Neocron directory to avoid patch problems.

i have a directory with all the patches my rposcolour.ini and the fixed launcher, so i have minimal downtime for my neocrack :D

Berzerker
10-08-03, 01:36
You have to delete 159 then it will work fine. Wish they would fix that.

Scikar
10-08-03, 01:40
Originally posted by Berzerker

It is fixed. Download the updated launcher of the launcher page (UK version = US version). Nid did ask for UK to be added to the front page but instead all we got so far is a new HELP.txt in the \patches folder.

OpTi
10-08-03, 01:40
Originally posted by Berzerker

*points to his post above where it shows that it IS fixed*

it is a problem with the launcher itself that is on the CD, now normaly they would patch it to fixed the problem but seeing as this PREVENTS patching they added a nice notice (That should also say it applies to the UK version) saying to download a fixed launcher

Spoon
10-08-03, 07:11
Just so next time you know..

You can uninstall the just the launcher, by starting the uninstall progam and using the Custom uninstall feature and just remove the launcher, so I would assume you could reinstall the luancher by using the Custom install feature.

Berzerker
10-08-03, 12:28
Originally posted by OpTi
*points to his post above where it shows that it IS fixed*

it is a problem with the launcher itself that is on the CD, now normaly they would patch it to fixed the problem but seeing as this PREVENTS patching they added a nice notice (That should also say it applies to the UK version) saying to download a fixed launcher

It has not been fixed. I just reinstalled other day with the patched launcher I still had to delete 159.

Deathape
10-08-03, 14:06
Originally posted by OpTi

That's what confused me, how the heck should I know that when they say 'US retail version' they also mean UK, i spent ages hunting on Google for a UK update launcher. Simple things like that really do my head in :(

Anyway, sorted now, thanks for every1's input.
Appreciated :)

Scikar
10-08-03, 14:10
The updated launcher fixes the problem for me. You did overwrite it didn't you, as opposed to putting the updated launcher in your patches folder or something?

Berzerker
10-08-03, 14:24
Hehe OMg I can't remember now lol. *shakes head* Heh you have to be a veteren just to install this game lol. I think it's time they put Installing/reinstalling faq on the luancher.

Now I got to reinstall again soon. Windblows is starting to fart badly. Time for a reinstall of os.