PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Party App: Neocron AutoLoM (WIP)

NeoLojik
09-08-03, 22:15
Ok, EVERYONE gets bored of LoMming to change skills. Today, I had enough, I decided to write a quick Visual Basic Program to AutoLoM. Ive been running it now for over an hour and it has been LoMming while im AFK.

I have a few questions:
1) Would anyone here be interested in it?
2) If so, Would you prefer I included the source?
3) Whats KK stance on this?

Lemme know, might make a release tonight / tomorrow.

Javan

HellHound
09-08-03, 22:17
:eek:

YOU WOULD BE MY GOD.....

Shujin
09-08-03, 22:17
im not a programmer but, i dont believe it because i dont see how its possible in VB

Helen Angilley
09-08-03, 22:19
Originally posted by HellHound
:eek:

YOU WOULD BE MY GOD.....

Would this be before or after he was banned for use of Macro'ing? o_O

HellHound
09-08-03, 22:21
Originally posted by Helen Angilley

Before. I lose faith in gods very quickly anyway, so it wouldn't make much difference. :D
I only say it because I was planning to lom the rest of my willpower into CST. :rolleyes:

Nidhogg
09-08-03, 22:21
Do not use your utility further without consulting with Odin. I suspect that it could be construed as abuse. Talk with Odin please.

N

Shujin
09-08-03, 22:22
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
well i dont see what'd b so bad bout that cuz its annoyin as fuck to lom now

bad thing =
u start lommin then u leave come back 4 hrs later hopin its done, ur stuck in a synch and havent lommed at all

ps. ;[ hi nid u glad 2 b finally unbanned ( it wasnt 72 hrs ;[ was more like 76 hrs ;[ )

Helen Angilley
09-08-03, 22:24
Originally posted by Shujin
well i dont see what'd b so bad bout that cuz its annoyin as fuck to lom now

bad thing =
u start lommin then u leave come back 4 hrs later hopin its done, ur stuck in a synch and havent lommed at all

Doesn't matter if it's "annoying", fact is he's using a third-party program to gain an advantage over other players (ie Not having to be at the computer when using LOMs).

If LOM use could be done while away from the computer anyway (Like Mining in EVE...although the large scale operations need considerable observation), then there wouldn't be any problems.

NeoLojik
09-08-03, 22:27
Originally posted by Nidhogg
Do not use your utility further without consulting with Odin. I suspect that it could be construed as abuse. Talk with Odin please.

N :eek: Damn, I didnt want that :(
It uses Windows API, it dosent hook into NC in anyway what-so-ever. Nidhogg, any chance ytou chould get Odin here or arrange somehwere to meet and talk in in realtime (hell, would even do it ingame).

Ive closed my program and wony distribute it without KK's concent.

Sorry peeps :(

Nidhogg
09-08-03, 22:30
Please PM him with details of the app. I'll let him know to expect it. Thanks.

N

\\Fényx//
09-08-03, 22:32
I wouldnt see it as an eploit or anything, the Time sink is still there as you can still onl;y take 1 lom per 5 mins with the synapse, Its just do you REALLY want to sit at the PC for 4 hours, when you could be doing something Usefull in RL ?

HellHound
09-08-03, 22:35
Problem is that although it still takes the same amount of time, it is a macro (meaning: the base ingame feature does require being at your PC), therefore it would have to be e-mailed to every customer (for example) so that everyone got the same advantage. :(

NeoLojik
09-08-03, 22:36
Please PM him with details of the app. I'll let him know to expect it. Thanks.

N Sent Nidhogg, thanks for your time.

Psycho_Soldier
09-08-03, 22:36

N

Heh honestly, I consider loming for such amounts of time while forced to stay at the computer ABUSE!

Nidhogg
09-08-03, 22:41
I'm not stating that this is an exploit - that's not my decision to make. All I'm asking is that you get it checked over before going any further.

N

NeoLojik
09-08-03, 22:44
I'm not stating that this is an exploit - that's not my decision to make. All I'm asking is that you get it checked over before going any further.

N I understand this, maybe it would be a good idea to lock this thread and I'll PM yourself after Ive spoken with Odin?

Again, sorry

FBI
09-08-03, 22:47
Made me open VB up for kicks. Extremely easy program, i hope
KK allows it because it's really not that bad.

Just so everyone knows, it's not macroing.

Unless he's doing something different, the program is about
7 lines of code not even.

edit: oops, shouldn't say too much yet :P

Animated
09-08-03, 22:49
Completely OT, but ROFL at your sig FBI, the server totals are 1337 :D (well, at this time anyway)

FBI
09-08-03, 22:50
Originally posted by Animated
Completely OT, but ROFL at your sig FBI, the server totals are 1337 :D (well, at this time anyway)

Did you make a wish? :lol:

Animated
09-08-03, 22:53
Did you make a wish?

Nope, but I got a screenie of it :)

G.0.D.
09-08-03, 22:53
you can download any 3rd party macro software to do this...

NeoLojik
09-08-03, 22:55
Nidhogg, im now requesting you close this thready until i've spoken to Odin. I dont want this all falling back on me if someone posts something thats an exploit.

Please.

Forseti
09-08-03, 22:57
I'm not Nid, but I'll close it anyway.

Forseti
09-08-03, 23:43
After discussing this with Snowcrash, he informed me that anyone who uses this program and gets caught doing so can and will be banned from Neocron.