PDA

View Full Version : Simple question............

ghandisfury
09-08-03, 17:07
Get rid of parashock or not? I say yes, and I'm a pure PPU. The only....................I REPEAT ONLY................thing I use parashock spell for is offence. Any PPU that says otherwise is lying. So let's look past all the bullshit, and see what the ruling is.

Pitspawn
09-08-03, 17:12
I hate parashock but its a game element we have lived with for as long as i can remember. Like synaptic after genrepping to an outpost it serves a function. Unfortunately its effects are too powerful for what it was designed for. It needs its cast cost tripled and its effects halved. However im against its total removal mainly because of neocrons poor engine.

I would however accept the total removal of parashock if the effects of leg shots were increased enough to slow sheltered targets down. I think that no shock of any kind should have an effect of more than 50%

BTW what would happen to stuntraps if they removed parashock? Would they keep the push effect and remove the shock effect, remove the entire turret from the game or leave it as it is? I personally hate stuntraps, its the reason i died at tristar last night :( (Damn the evil **** who put a stuntrap on the entrance wall so that no enemy can leave/enter the op)

Frotto
09-08-03, 17:18
I voted no, the complete removal would not be a good thing for the game... i however, would like to see it so it doesnt do DAMAGE since it is supposed to be a defensive spell, however, to slow you down while the ppu escapes is an acceptable change for the spell.. I have seen people parashocked to death... and that has to be a shitty way to die.

ghandisfury
09-08-03, 17:22
Ok, you're right pitspawn......instead of removing, made it a defencive spell. Lower it's range to 10 meters and increase the mana cost to about 150. That way if someone is running away.....they can run away. Currently drugs don't work because they can spam you to hell.....the only thing that works is holy catharis sanctum. Make it to where someone other than PPU can get the hell away.

EDIT (cause you did :p ) no, all turrets would stay the same.

Jolt
09-08-03, 17:22
Increase the cost, lower the dmg, keep the shock about the same. Also without shocks stealthers would be almost impossible to kill.

Originally posted by Pitspawn

BTW what would happen to stuntraps if they removed parashock? Would they keep the push effect and remove the shock effect, remove the entire turret from the game or leave it as it is? I personally hate stuntraps, its the reason i died at tristar last night :( (Damn the evil **** who put a stuntrap on the entrance wall so that no enemy can leave/enter the op)

i hate the pushing + stuck beind the lader in the underground, really annoying. >>

Breschau
09-08-03, 17:26
Replace it with a spell that lets the ppu (self-only) run faster (lowest would be, say 5-10% increase, 'holy run away' would be like 200% increase).

That way they still have the alleged role of being able to run away.

I'm only half joking about this, btw.

ghandisfury
09-08-03, 17:27
Well personally this is the best game I've ever played, and holy para is the only thing that has seriously made me think about quiting. Make the damn thing defencive. Hell, increase the effect....double it, I don't care, keep the damage (for SL reasons) but lower the range, and make the mana cost at least 150 if not more.

ZoneVortex
09-08-03, 22:12
I don't use parashock as offense I use it to annoy people.

But it's also used for defense when you're walking through pepper park and 4 tanks come running up to you ready to kill you. I parashock them out of SELF DEFENSE and run away.

Arcadius
09-08-03, 22:21
Originally posted by ghandisfury
Get rid of parashock or not? I say yes, and I'm a pure PPU. The only....................I REPEAT ONLY................thing I use parashock spell for is offence. Any PPU that says otherwise is lying. So let's look past all the bullshit, and see what the ruling is.

I love you. And yes I think it should be removed completely ppus should get some other form of "defense"(Because tehy all use parashock for defense :rolleyes: ) as compensation. Maybe flight or teleportation.

Originally posted by Frotto
I voted no, the complete removal would not be a good thing for the game...

Why will it be "not" a good thing for the game?

Originally posted by Frotto
I have seen people parashocked to death... and that has to be a shitty way to die.

Yup, that's really stupid. But the damage from parashock should stay so PPUs can lose SL for attacking people. Parashock IF IF IF it stays should have triple mana cost. That will stop stupid parashock whores who just spam people over and over and make drugs useless. It will also stop ppu from killing people, there's on ppu in particular on pluto who is always killing spies and apus with his HP.

Originally posted by Jolt

i hate the pushing + stuck beind the lader in the underground, really annoying. >>

ROFL

me too.

Originally posted by Breschau
Replace it with a spell that lets the ppu (self-only) run faster (lowest would be, say 5-10% increase, 'holy run away' would be like 200% increase).

That way they still have the alleged role of being able to run away.

I'm only half joking about this, btw.

Sounds like a good idea, but extremely hard to balance. You would have even the lamest PPU NEVER dying in op wars.

Originally posted by ZoneVortex

But it's also used for defense when you're walking through pepper park and 4 tanks come running up to you ready to kill you. I parashock them out of SELF DEFENSE and run away.

AHAHAHAHAHAH

You don't need to parashock them to survive. You can run away easily and they won't have a prayer of killing you. Trust me, if my hybrid was able to take on 3 tanks without parashock, i'm sure a pure ppu can survive running away from 5-6 people. :rolleyes:

God I friggin hate ppus so much. They ruin the game IMO. Overpowered spell, too much importance, imbalanced role, etc.....

I never thought I could hate one class so much.

I mean hated tanks a while back but always thought for the most part they were balanced.

Lucky Sparks
09-08-03, 22:31
ok example of parashock really sucking. When we were taking mcpherson from gang pete the psi shows up from TA. Pete manages to get stuck in yo's because of a stuntrap. (he prob shouldnt have ran in while we were turning the turrets on :angel: )

so being a almost capped tank and cuz he cant move I give him all of my tangent speed gun I figure eventually ill take this ppu out and then we can own the rest of the attackers... rofl well I stand there and light him up with my tangent speed gun and he is throwing parashocks as fast as he can on me ... to my disbelief my health is going down faster then his .. when i finally drop from like 40 parashocks he was left with 1/4 health. That was as toe to toe, one on one, noone moving, straight damage as it can get. Now Im energy buffed to the hilt and had all duranium 4 on. he still did more damage on me buffed then i could do on him and i was ppu buffed too.

Well to finish my story my ppu just rezzed me .. damage stacked pete then i finally killed him... but a ppu being able to one on one a tank with full PPU buffs with just a "so called stun spell" needs a lil adjusting.

hehe if i could count the times we kill a whole group and just have to leave the ppu alone because 7 of cant kill one ppu hahaha. That fuckin ppu continues to ressurect peeps while we hammer him with all of our firepower. We just kill the people he rezzes and eventually have to just ignore him .... thats kinda gay.. seven people including a ppu and cant take a ppu down.. LOL its not fighting style our ppu dosent die either.

The ppu monk is just gay ... an invulnerable mage with a decent offensife spell and can ressurect.

at least put in a counter spell for high lev apu's that isnt rare so we can at least debuff the ppu's so 7 of us can kill one ..or get rid of the offensive power !!! that isnt too much to ask is it ???

Im not yelling nerf.... Im just sick of fighting ppu's for 45 min until there psi boosters run out just to damage them. Give us a way to counter there damage resist spells and psi shield. At the point it is now its just silly.

Arcadius
09-08-03, 22:39
holy antibuff should cost more mana and should take off all buffs.

OR make a "you can't shield up" small time period after anti shelter.

Btw pete is known for spamming paralysis on people, I think that's his favorite pastime. :rolleyes:

Pitspawn
10-08-03, 02:56
The ppu monk is just gay ... an invulnerable mage with a decent offensife spell and can ressurect.

No non-gm player is invunerable. You can get close but even the best still die.

Decent offensive spell? I think a TL15 energy spell in the hands of an apu does more. If you chuck a few heals on yourself a ppu cant kill you. About the only class a ppu can kill is an apu as they have almost no healing capacties whatsoever.

at least put in a counter spell for high lev apu's that isnt rare so we can at least debuff the ppu's so 7 of us can kill one ..or get rid of the offensive power !!! that isnt too much to ask is it ???

Antishield/Holy Antishield and Antideflector/Holy Antideflector. Or are these spells just a figment of my imagination. Also dont expect an easy ride trying to take pete the psi out, he is one of the best if not the best ppus on pluto.

Im not yelling nerf.... Im just sick of fighting ppu's for 45 min until there psi boosters run out just to damage them. Give us a way to counter there damage resist spells and psi shield. At the point it is now its just silly.

They are already counters for it. And anyway why should you care or not if he the ppu your trying to kill is doing nothing but healing themselves. How are they a threat? Its when they manage to resurrect a fallen clan mate and buff him that it becomes a problem. And if you let that happen you deserve your ass to be kicked anyway.

Ascension
10-08-03, 03:00
Dont remove it.. give the APU's sum defensive as the PPU's have parashock as an offensive.

Either tht or sort the medikits out

Dribble Joy
10-08-03, 03:10
Parashocks should have not been put in, in the first place, but now they are here and I don't think they are going to be removed.

Quite frankly I hate the buggars, PvP looses any sense of skill, and OP fights become predictable and boring.
Anyone without a PPU is fucked. They are an important part of the game, but they should not be the be-all-and-end-all of fights.

Cyphor
10-08-03, 03:34
Originally posted by Arcadius
as compensation. Maybe flight or teleportation.

Heh that would kick ass :D but ultimaly be overpowering and so never be brought in :(

I always liked the idea posted before about a para shield, whereby your only stuned if you hit the ppu, its defensive and gets rid of the prob of para spamage.

AND EVERYONE STOP MOANING ABOUT PPUS...they ARE a class in this game and HAVE to be made viable someway, if you take para dmg boost away etc and with shields nerfs etc away what can the class do within the game? Howabout we do these things ^ then to ballance it back up, remove all classes but ppu's abilities to heal making ppus needed, wouldnt make too much sense would it? but either does having a useless class, stop crying about nerfs and removing big parts of other classes, they are in the game and its the way its ment to be, how about looking for a sloution in the other classes?
eg. apus get anti-buff to deal with ppu's, why not go the sci-fi way for guns, a scaner tool that can work out the modulation (or whatever they look for in all them sci-fi films :p ) of the shields, once found a new wepon that can be configred to that modulation can fire through the shields untill the buffs wear off, on the presumption new shields = new modulation.

Whiety Bulger
10-08-03, 03:43
if we nerf para shock ppus will demand that something on other classes gets nerfed and the end result will be spys with 20 cap on all stats.

extract
11-08-03, 00:55
Well I personally give this thread negative 5 stars...its probably the single most propostorous thing Ive heard....why you ask...well allow me to explain

First off just because a person is PPU does not mean that they shouldnt have any offensive at all...whats next??? make it so ppus cant use any offensive weapons at all IE. pistols or rifles...hell even a tank with his TL3 heal should be able to withstand parashock attack even dmg boosted....

Next...PPUs actually need something for an offense...in case you didnt notice there are no quickjob:heal and shelter aggressor captian missions...I personally prefer my melee bost 3 and a bat its just fun...but occasionally I do use my holy paralysis to kill things for missions....

next as you know PPUs probably have to carry the most inventory I in total carry about 30ish spells almost always have at least 9 spells slotted in belt which leaves one slot for a psi booster and in battle even fully buffed not every PPU has time to take out his parashock or whatever and put in a gun or bat or etc etc so its just easy to use it as a weapon in time of need...but what is a time of need....was there ever a time parashock saved youre ass??? I bet there was...heres a very memorable experrience that actually occured...me and 2 tanks were out wb hunting for rares...both of them were pretty hardcore and would just leave me to go gank a wb while i would stop to make sure i was buffed etc etc....well this one particular time they decided to go after 5 wbs...without buffs...Im a pretty fast PPU but i dont go near mobs unbuffed PERIOD....well lets just say by the time i got to them they were both dead and surrounded by 5 wbs...now even as pure ppu and fully buffed 5 wbs will put a hurtin on ya if youre gonna sit there and rezz youre teamates....so what did i do? I used parashock to lure them away from the bodies...it took a good 10 mins to get each wb far enuf away so that I could rezz in peace...point is had i not been able to attack them I would not have been able to rezz my teamates...everything in this game has its pros and cons...albeit parashock is a bummer...there are drugs and spells to counteract them..and altho they dont work instantly thats no means to want it removed...the only reason i can see you wanting it removed is because youre pride is hurt that u actually got killed by parashock....

BUT WAIT....theres more....if any of you peoples bitch was really legit in the fact that its being used as an offensive spell...why havent i seen one "get rid of soulcluster" thread....it attacks...and sometimes it kills...wanna get rid of that too while youre at it?

too many whiners in this game seriously...

ghandisfury
11-08-03, 15:14
Originally posted by ZoneVortex

Nope sorry.....the only way I die (and I'm not close to capped yet) is when there is an APU or a PPU with them. Let me explain.

If I'm fighting against 4 tanks and 1 APU they are going to have a VERY hard time killling me. The APU will constantly have to debuff me either full debuff or switch it up with antishelter then antideflector.

If I'm fighting against 1 apu and 1 ppu.....the chances of me dying a 75%. PPU spam parashock, apu debuff me and go to town.

You say you use it for defence.....:rolleyes:

Scikar
11-08-03, 15:48
I guess I'll repost my idea again since looks like Arc forgot:

Make parashock self-cast, with high mana cost. It then has a blue sanctum, but very small. The sanctum doesn't apply the parashock, but instead when someone attacks the ppu, they get the shock. This means it is more effective when used defensively than it is now (you don't need to do any work targetting people) while making it truly passive, and stopping you from killing anyone with it.

ghandisfury
11-08-03, 16:59
Originally posted by Scikar

Make parashock self-cast, with high mana cost. It then has a blue sanctum, but very small. The sanctum doesn't apply the parashock, but instead when someone attacks the ppu, they get the shock. This means it is more effective when used defensively than it is now (you don't need to do any work targetting people) while making it truly passive, and stopping you from killing anyone with it.

Ermmm.....this would make PPUs truly unstopable. Instead of them having to aim and spam you....they don't even have to aim anymore.

Scikar
11-08-03, 17:19
Originally posted by ghandisfury
Ermmm.....this would make PPUs truly unstopable. Instead of them having to aim and spam you....they don't even have to aim anymore.

No, because everytime someone hits you you'll use up a bit of mana to hit them. So using parashock would be a risk, you can shock the enemy team, but it might force you to run away because you won't be able to heal if everyone attacks you when you have parashock on.

Arcadius
11-08-03, 20:52
Originally posted by Scikar

I don't like that idea anymore. Then ppus will trully become unkillable.

Omnituens
11-08-03, 23:14
wtf, same person started 2 threads on the same topics.

go back under your rock.

guywithnoears
12-08-03, 03:30
I vote no cause I think the whole "stunning people" is a great element to this game. IF it's to be nerfed though, I suggest upping the strategic factor involved in parashocking like lowering the rof and/or making it require to use up more mana than what it uses now.

This game's not just about defending and attacking people, it's shocking them too :eek: