PDA

View Full Version : DoY patching... how are you going to do it?

•Super|\|ova•
09-08-03, 13:47
What I want to know is are you going to inform us in example in these forums days/weeks/months before the release date or are you going to surprise us?

It would be kind of exciting to just log in on some random day and notice that my Neocron Launcher starts to download a patch and when getting ingame I'd notice people spamming "OMG the DoY is here!!!1!1" :D

Ste-X
09-08-03, 13:49
wait a few more years

james_finn
09-08-03, 13:54
Well they have mentioned that DoY is actually been added piecemeal, like in patches at the moment, but I'm sure that there will be one big (patch) download the day that it is released, but I just feel for all the sods on 56k :)

:) Me at the moment, but lol, uni awaits :)

Delphi

Anthonys
09-08-03, 14:01
If you really look at it this way,

And travel to the DoY Gates you will notice a zone change message...

*Now Entering DoY Sector 07*

Doy is allready on the other side of those gates, but the doors are currently disabled...

They snuck it in awhile ago, I found the zone info etc in my NC folder awhile ago, All they need to do is

1. Get a publisher... (New one)
2. Turn on the doors
3. Turn on the faction for DoY
4. Watch the mass movement of tg runners to the north...

After all One would think they would sneak somthing like this in just to make sure they can test it on a Dev only server that runs exact retail patch, but on that one they ghost the disabled doors and go play inside...

•Super|\|ova•
09-08-03, 14:02
Well they have mentioned that DoY is actually been added piecemeal, like in patches at the moment

I know that. I was talking about the date we can ENTER the Dome of York City and the DoY patching is over.

Anthonys
09-08-03, 14:09
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•
I know that. I was talking about the date we can ENTER the Dome of York City and the DoY patching is over.

Like I said...

DoY is allready to go... It is most likly allready on the servers waiting for population etc...

There will be a wam-bang patch to make the doors functionable along with adding other misc stuff to toss you off the fact KK put one over ya for the last few Patchs...

I can't rember which patch log I noticed the files pop out of, and they built a bit on those initial files over the past set of patchs...

DoY is there the doors don't work and don't expect them to work till KK signs a New publisher...

•Super|\|ova•
09-08-03, 14:13
Tell me something i DON'T know ;)

Nasher
09-08-03, 14:20
Im betting it will be a seperate install, e.g. like a half-life addon. Because the patcher doesnt like LARGE files, anyone who downloaded the beta 3 to beta 4 patch will remember :)

Anthonys
09-08-03, 14:32
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•
Tell me something i DON'T know ;)

Hmm... Lets try...

At DoY Launch NC will become deserted as everyone jumps ship and runs north...

Wait we knew this allready...

Well since we knew that one...

Dark Metal has 4 Mobs 2 Being Cyclops and 2 Being TH turrets...

Hover Bombers have poor Aim... And couldn't hit the blind side of a Spy...

Jhonny 5 (Movie Short Circut) Was was cast for the role of N2404 Defence Unit but later called and told he was not needed...

Aggressors where once Programers who where rejected from society cause they spoke only in Hex... :lol:

Aggressor Captains where once Bullys who where enslaved by the programers who spoke only Hex... :lol:

The Best place for Xp is the place where you turn left after the brown hill... (Good Luck...) :angel:

There are places where no Runner has been in the map....

You can Fly/Fall off the edge of the world in a few zones but allways land on your feet in the middle of a GR menu...

Spy's are created to be sadists...o_O

You know somewhere there is a KK employee drinking a beer and laughing at everyone who logs off at the DoY Gates...

My Cat walks backwards to goto the litter box...

But Sideways to eat...

Can open a Locked and Deadbolted door with her paw (Yes only one paw)

I read the forums about as much as "they" who shall not be named do...

I can crack my rib cage like you would crack you knuckles... mmm what a truely pleasurable feeling one must feel to know the true joy of it... (Yeah I like to crack my ribs it really do like the warm feeling it leaves after it has happened, and doing it in crowded places is a great way to remove all the other people)

I was born on the Day of the Dead... And hate how it is a trival holiday for kids to get back at things that go bump in the night... :rolleyes:

Mabye I fire more later... but right now I need sleep...

Been up for 3 Days... You didn't know that one either