PDA

View Full Version : Long Live NC

kublai
09-08-03, 12:35
Well maybe not under that fool Reza's rule :p

I've been here since Feb and tho ppl bitch and moan about things not being perfect a lot of us spend more time here than RL :lol: (or at least wish we could, barring work committments and the annoying habit of having to eat).

I sometimews wonder how KK manages to turn a profit with the server numbers compared to their running costs - its not a business i'd like to run myself especially with competitors like Sony. :eek:

Its a credit to the game that ppl take things so seriously and feel they can air their opinions whether its about gameplay, ingame politics, or RP - (theres always a stealthed GM listening isn't there? *looks around livingroom*) ;)

So what i really want to say (finally getting to the point) :p

is . . . . .

......keep up the good work Devs/GMs/Everyone who contributes to a fantastic experience, it really is appreciated by all who play
:angel: s

Lucky Sparks
09-08-03, 12:41
I agree they stay on top of things for the most part but if they werent making money this game wouldnt exist. Theres not too much overhead with a dozen servers in a room and a high speed connection .. lol and they only need to support 400 peeps on a server and thats on a good day. Mabey 10 devs and GM's on the payroll. Damn I wish I got to play with a game write code and develop all day =) .... hmmm keeps dreaming ...

Ren
09-08-03, 16:06
here here!

/me taps glasses with other people

tron123
09-08-03, 16:15
I will raise my glass to that:

I really thought for awhile this game was a gonna but my faith grows by the day and am really enjoying the game again.

Still find the servers a bit ropey but i hope this will become better later.

Good job Devs - despite all the competition and excessive lsating from so many camps - you battle on and your game proves to shine, in so many ways, above so many of the new, overhyped big budget mmorpgs coming out.

Helen Angilley
09-08-03, 16:19
True, despite all the claims, complaints about how Neocron will fail, it's beat back any competition (SW:G...wassat?), lived through it's hardships and the company, Reakktor, continues to thrive.

I'm not playing at the mo (A little pre-occupied with getting my delivery service off the ground in EVE), but when I do I enjoy almost everything that happens.

SilentGravity
09-08-03, 16:31
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
True, despite all the claims, complaints about how Neocron will fail, it's beat back any competition (SW:G...wassat?), lived through it's hardships and the company, Reakktor, continues to thrive.

I'm not playing at the mo (A little pre-occupied with getting my delivery service off the ground in EVE), but when I do I enjoy almost everything that happens.

I played EVE Beta, it was a very lame game...... the fact that you are willing to play EVE over Neocron is disturbing... The fact that you are such a fanboy (...or girl) and is willing to play EVE over NC disturbs me even more.

Darkborg
09-08-03, 16:39
heh well a little different gaming doesent hurt i find nc booring if thats the only thing i play i also played eve. Got tired of it real fast ( around 1 month ). Then when i went back to playing NC on a more regular basis it was simply put into perspective how nice this game actually can be.

\\Fényx//
09-08-03, 16:54
wow.... never seen a thread like this on these forums 8|

nice change :) yea the game's one of the best out there, who gives a shit about the bugs tbh its still a good game

Benjie
10-08-03, 04:34
Best mmorpg there is. Would be godly if....

*Everything worked (inc. buildings)
*Certain staff members went into a coma (I've had some pretty offensive replies to help requests!)
*Some terrain was redone
*fps/fatal crashes were decreased
*Everything was closer to it's poitential

I have had some crappy support replies that sound like they were composed by a twelve year old.

Helen Angilley
10-08-03, 04:42
Originally posted by SilentGravity
I played EVE Beta, it was a very lame game...... the fact that you are willing to play EVE over Neocron is disturbing... The fact that you are such a fanboy (...or girl) and is willing to play EVE over NC disturbs me even more.

I've been playing Neocron since the start of retail.

I've been playing EVE for three days.

You do the math.

I find it disturbing that you claim I'm a "fangirl" when I'm quite the opposite, I have not raved at how EVE or Neocron is superior to the other, I have ranted about one game is unfailable and perfect, I have simply compared the two and posted on the board.

Besides, playing EVE renders the "OMG Helen your a CAREBEAR" argument completely useless. Heh.

Martin J. Schwiezer
10-08-03, 06:02
Thanks. Rest assured that we have as much fun creating and running Neocron as you have playing it.

I am sorry for every bad experience, community members had, have or will have with the game or with our support, but I am sure that the positive experiences by far outweigh everything negative that has ever happened to you in the world of Neocron.

To us, working on Neocron is by far more than just a job. It is a dream that became reality. And one of the key aspects that made this dream become enjoyable is the great and highly unique community behind Neocron.

Thanks again :)

QuantumDelta
10-08-03, 06:14
Well now you know he's never on the forum :p

hehe...

I saw you post and I expected the thread to be filled with the obligitry "What's happening with DoY?" etc :P

But uhh...no one posted :P

SilentGravity
10-08-03, 08:38
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
I've been playing Neocron since the start of retail.

I've been playing EVE for three days.

You do the math.

I find it disturbing that you claim I'm a "fangirl" when I'm quite the opposite, I have not raved at how EVE or Neocron is superior to the other, I have ranted about one game is unfailable and perfect, I have simply compared the two and posted on the board.

Besides, playing EVE renders the "OMG Helen your a CAREBEAR" argument completely useless. Heh.

Since when did I call you a carebear o_O, I played EVE for a day, I played the next day for a hour.... infact beta is still installed on my computer iv forgot about it o_O....Anyways, EVE was boring as hell...

{MD}GeistDamnit
10-08-03, 09:37
Damn kub, you got mjs on yer first post :p

Yeah I feel the same way as you, that's why I came back and I am damn glad to be your friend and clanmate. We on uranus are all having a good time despite the severe lack of DoY :D

kublai
11-08-03, 12:53
lol @ QD

maybe i just see things differently (or is it diffidently? :) )

geist its nice being in clan with you too - who are you ? :p

Its quite clear that KK (well definately the insommniac Martin) love Neocron as a i said b4 i dont know how such a small company keeps it going - must be that legendary German efficiency and organisational skills :lol:

damn you uTs for having it too :p

*grits teeth* no more sucky posts anyway :rolleyes: , well not until you release the VR addon :p

deac
11-08-03, 13:14
its a good game... I have both planetside and swg, but somehow i still play nc...

Its more fun, more hardcore and the pvp is good.

FBI
11-08-03, 13:19
Originally posted by Martin J. Schwiezer
And one of the key aspects that made this dream become enjoyable is the great and highly unique community behind Neocron.

Thanks for making it become a reality within a dream inside
virtual cyberspace ;)

pats everyone who contributed to this game to make it better
experience.

GT_Rince
11-08-03, 13:30
And one of the key aspects that made this dream become enjoyable is the great and highly unique community behind Neocron.

Ain't that the truth :D

I still can't really say anything bad about NC...

I don't know what it is inparticular that keeps me coming back... Friends I have made, PvP aspects, hoarding money, collecting rares... the list goes on.

I just hope that NC wil continue to grow and that KK will carry on developing this superb game :)

Cryotchekk
11-08-03, 13:35
heh heh heh i was offered a free EVE account, loads of moneys (well the person said like millions, dunno if thats alot) loads if ships (good ones aparently) FOR ABSOLUTLY NOTHING

and i turned it down because NC>ALL

Elric
11-08-03, 13:38
highly unique community behind Neocron.

Thats certainly one way of putting it o_O :p :D

Originally posted by GT_Rince
Ain't that the truth :D

I still can't really say anything bad about NC...

I don't know what it is inparticular that keeps me coming back... Friends I have made, PvP aspects, hoarding money, collecting rares... the list goes on.

I just hope that NC wil continue to grow and that KK will carry on developing this superb game :)

yeah, pretty much agree. If yer Hoarding stuff still, I could do with a loan ;)

QuantumDelta
11-08-03, 14:52
Heh, Kub, I'm only playing about buddy ^_^

I hope even MJS would know that one :p

Original monk
11-08-03, 15:20

:) thats us mate thats us :P

GT_Rince
11-08-03, 15:26
Originally posted by Elric
If yer Hoarding stuff still, I could do with a loan ;)

I enjoy hoarding, but not got much wonga atm :D

I was working it out... If I was to sell all imps, bones, rares & weapons, I could get about 35 mil - lol

Went through all my apts - found some stuff I forgot I had :D

kublai
11-08-03, 15:38
lol again @ qd :p

i know you're kidding mate - i meant that i try not to think like the haters and griefers thats all :p

There are some pathetic posts on forums sometimes :mad:

:lol: now im ranting *slaps self b4 pith does*

But i dont spend enough time here to criticise really ;)

Anyway, i gotta stop posting, i wanna keep my MJS replies percentage high :lol:

QuantumDelta
11-08-03, 15:41
hehe, keep posting, the more the merrier on this forum, I said you were one of the best PPUs I ever had and everyone went "uhh wtf?" :P so yea.... feel free to get a little fan service :P

Darth Slayer
11-08-03, 15:47
It's a good game I'll give u that, hell it's kept me hooked for 8 months.....:D

kublai
11-08-03, 16:04
*wipes away a tear*

heh nice poetry QD :)

i'll post some of mine when i get home - ;p

*Admin - "thread closed"*

noooooooo

-----------------------------------------
Burning Drift-Wood

Before my drift-wood fire I sit,
And see, with every waif I burn,
Old dreams and fancies coloring it,
And folly's unlaid ghosts return.
------------------------------------------

hinch
11-08-03, 16:06
it has its good times
it has its bad times
it has its buggy as hell times
it has its fun times
it does have possiably the biggest complete world of any game (i know only 2 bigger)
It does have lots of different options
it doesnt have doy yet :(
it is DAMN addictive.

year down the line and im still here wtf is going on here only other game ive played for this length of time is CS.

Theres only 1 thing that could make me happier.
RESSURECT THE HYBRIDS :p