PDA

View Full Version : cdv cancelled Galaxy andromeda aka Imperium Galactia 3

CarniFlex
09-08-03, 04:03
With sales lagging behind expectations, a value adjustment of EUR 930,000 was taken on the Heaven & Hell game in the last quarter. As the prospects for the success of the Galaxy Andromeda project are also not considered to be very high, the project will be ended and a value adjustment made.

I was gonna buy that game...

other than that it seems that cdv is having some financial troubles...

Despite the very promising product pipeline for the 2nd half of this year, the Management Board no longer expects a positive result for the whole of the financial year.

tooo bad, hope kk ditches cdv soon cause they are just like my old girlfriend, just to much trouble to have around.

Psychoninja
09-08-03, 04:11
lol @ cdv

I really wanna see this game take off, make a ton of money, and have a bigger Dev team, maybe even have payed GMs =)

Buh bye CDV

NeoWolfie
09-08-03, 04:17
The second quarter of the previous year closed with a moderate loss of approx. EUR -1 million (total year 2002: EUR -185,000). In the current quarter, a considerably higher loss of approx. EUR -4 million before taxes is expected.

Ouch.. 4Mil eur.. thats basically $4.5mil usd.. or if your canadian.. $6.3mil :p

Elric
09-08-03, 18:11
serve's em right for fuckin up NC's release dont it. Divine retribution in action?

HellHound
09-08-03, 18:13
Damn, I've been waiting for IG3 for like... a year. o_O

Anyone got the address for CDV?
:angel:

thewarrior008
09-08-03, 18:13
oh my god i loved imperium galactica 2 and ig3 was going to be uber :_(((((

damn fucking CDV every game developer should NEVER EVER go with CDV

Tycho C
09-08-03, 18:25
Those F***ers are canceling IG3?!?!

S.O.A.B. :mad:

That's it, the hate mail campain starts now!:mad:

Mirco
09-08-03, 18:53
Hmm. I loved Imperium Galactica 2. Bad news. Oh well wouldnt have time to play it anyways

Mumblyfish
09-08-03, 19:28
Hold on... CDV cancel the ONE game under their hat that has a possibility of mass popularity?

Management++

LTA
09-08-03, 19:37
Can't have a product making money now can we!!!

Cryotchekk
09-08-03, 19:43
my fish>cdv management

so was it ever actually released?

Krll
09-08-03, 20:11
IG1 was good until you got to the insanely hard to win (i.e. near impossible) last stage.

IG2 was fun... but limited in some way I can't quite put my finger on.

IG3... didn't evern know it was being worked on.

But yeah, yah boo sucky eggs to CDV. :)

Edit: Ah yes... another thing I found a bit dissapointing with the IG series was the way it always ended up as an arms race. Whoever had the largest/most advanced fleet out of the two main races later in the game would basically win because the enemy would get crushed horribly in a single decisive battle and then their entire empire would just unravel before they could recover.

A rather dissapointing way of ending the game. No room for more depth of strategy it seemed.

-Krll

El Barto
10-08-03, 03:18
DAMN THEM! ILUB THEM GAMES!!!!

El Barto
10-08-03, 03:19
Originally posted by Krll
IG1 was good until you got to the insanely hard to win (i.e. near impossible) last stage.

IG2 was fun... but limited in some way I can't quite put my finger on.

IG3... didn't evern know it was being worked on.

But yeah, yah boo sucky eggs to CDV. :)

Edit: Ah yes... another thing I found a bit dissapointing with the IG series was the way it always ended up as an arms race. Whoever had the largest/most advanced fleet out of the two main races later in the game would basically win because the enemy would get crushed horribly in a single decisive battle and then their entire empire would just unravel before they could recover.

A rather dissapointing way of ending the game. No room for more depth of strategy it seemed.

-Krll

Tis true, but I never found IG 1 hard to win

Whiety Bulger
10-08-03, 03:25
GET A NEW PUBLISHER KK!!

Malek
10-08-03, 04:43
Thanks to CDV, my fiance's parents think I'm strange.

I think I'm the only man who saw their commercials on TV and broke out laughing when they said how dependable they were.

jernau
10-08-03, 04:53
Krll pretty much summed the first two up but forget to say how much fun they both were.

If CDV really have killed IG as well as NC I will be out hunting their parents, wives, children, grandchildren, neighbours, friends, acquaintances and people that they met once at parties for incompetant wankers that couldn't sell pies to a starving african.

I just with my 20lb axe had more rust and crud on it. These fuckers deserve a really nasty, messy, painful death.

Shujin
10-08-03, 05:38
kk should sell the game to sony, activision, microsoft or someone

activision is nice, i bet they'd let KK keep the games ownership and shit and jus sponsor it, they gave a bunch of basicly crappy programmers and non experienced people money to make a game called Netstorm ( but that was like one of the lowest sold games of all time, seriously it was in Gamespot as the lowest i think ) i was on a team workin on an expansion pack for it called Dark Skies, but they pulled plug bcuz they hoped it'd bring ppl to NS but it didnt ;/ so that game went down the drain ;[ it was kewl tho

Krll
10-08-03, 21:13
Originally posted by jernau
Krll pretty much summed the first two up but forget to say how much fun they both were.

Oops, my bad, sorry. :)

-Krll

HellHound
10-08-03, 21:36
Originally posted by jernau

Plus we all forgot to mention that IG3 was a radical departure from the first 2, with the basis shifted to real time combat (and er... stuff).

http://www.fileplanet.com/files/80000/89817.shtml

The demo if anyones interested. ;)