PDA

View Full Version : How much hacking do you need to hack belts?

Arcadius
09-08-03, 01:50
And how much does SL add to the difficulty of a hack?

How much hacking is needed to hack a SL 10 belt(standard I guess)?

Psychoninja
09-08-03, 01:57
You can do almost anything with 105 - 110 Hack.
My spy has 72 SL if you want to test some of the hack lvls out :p

Arcadius
09-08-03, 03:45
What about 100 hack? How is that?

Arcadius
09-08-03, 03:55
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

My apu can get 100 hacking with 95 RoF on HL, that's gimpy a bit.

My friend said he can't hack belts for the life of him and he has 100 natural. Damnit. God I wish I could cap INT for some more psi use.

Grrrrr. So frustrating. :rolleyes:

Spoon
09-08-03, 03:58
Originally posted by Arcadius
And how much does SL add to the difficulty of a hack?

How much hacking is needed to hack a SL 10 belt(standard I guess)?

It's hard to guage how much SL affects the hack since you rarely know SL of the person, judging by the range of hack difficulties, I would say it affects the hack alot.

A 10 SL belt, maybe 75(when get 6 nodes to use), and try to hack 10 or 20 times and a little luck, 80 to 85 you start to get better results, but it still isn't easy.
Once you hit 100 Hacking you get 7 nodes, and belts get alot easier to hack.

Like Psychoninja said, you can hack anything with 105 to110, and no belt is safe.
I wouldn't go over 110 base Hack, it seems to be the sweetspot, and any more is just a waste.
If you feel you need more you can allways put the Hacking imps in or have a PPU cast a Spy Booster 3 and Drone Combat 3 on you.
And use the Mind Control CPU's in place of Motoric's if possiable(+Remote Control).

btw, Mr. 5109 posts, ever thought about using the Search funtion?
I've already answered this once today, oh wait, that was in the Newbie forum, and you don't spam there, thank god..........

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

*EDIT*
Disregard the advice on MindControl/Moto's since it's your monk, and your friend needs to get some skillz...:p

Spoon
09-08-03, 04:03
What about 100 hack? How is that?

A spy with some skills would be able to hack at least 75% of the belts he's comes across, don't know about a monk, tho...

ericdraven
09-08-03, 05:43
Did you ever try to hack a SL 100 belt with HCK 100? Good luck. :D

(if you managed it, tell me how much years it took :p )

Arcadius
09-08-03, 06:08
Originally posted by Spoon
It's hard to guage how much SL affects the hack since you rarely know SL of the person, judging by the range of hack difficulties, I would say it affects the hack alot.

A 10 SL belt, maybe 75(when get 6 nodes to use), and try to hack 10 or 20 times and a little luck, 80 to 85 you start to get better results, but it still isn't easy.
Once you hit 100 Hacking you get 7 nodes, and belts get alot easier to hack.

Like Psychoninja said, you can hack anything with 105 to110, and no belt is safe.

I can push it up to 105 hack.

btw, Mr. 5109 posts, ever thought about using the Search funtion?
I've already answered this once today, oh wait, that was in the Newbie forum, and you don't spam there, thank god..........

wtf, just because I have alot of posts doesnt' mean I spam. I just post alot.

*EDIT*
Disregard the advice on MindControl/Moto's since it's your monk, and your friend needs to get some skillz...:p

Forget My Name needs to get some skillz? DID YOU HERE THAT FMN? :D :p

A spy with some skills would be able to hack at least 75% of the belts he's comes across, don't know about a monk, tho...

? I thought only research and construct was done better by spies?

:(

Btw. I got 155 spare points in INT. Their aren't any belts to hack in neofrag, so I don't wanna spend all these points and then find out I can't hack jack.

Damnit I wish to god I could cap int. *sigh*

Arcadius
09-08-03, 06:23
Update. I can completely cap RoF with 1 drug. Demerisol. :(

So IF i don't mind drugging, i can get 110 hacking or a little more. But I HATE drugging. :(

Advice?

I'm just tired of not being able to hack my opponent's belts.

EDIT:I Just realized I can have high hacking and still COMPLETELY cap Energy Beam. I wonder what the damage difference is between E beam and HL.

Spoon
09-08-03, 06:39
I thought only research and construct was done better by spies?

:(

According to Lupus and Callash it's:

Hacking: 0.9(90%) HCK + 0.1(10%) RCL

You would think a Monk could hack just as good as a spy, it doesn't mention anything about DEX and INT levels....

FMN is a monk, aint he?

By skills I mean learning the tricks of Hacking, like letting the timer tick down to about 10 to 12 seconds left, and doing the hack in your head while it's ticking down, then with 10 to 12 seconds left, actually doing the hack, so the computer doesn't have time to respond to your hack.
And scrolling from top to bottom on your hack screen, the computer will follow your curser, then start your hack at the opposite side(top or bottom) that the computer is on.
IE; you trick the computer in to going all the way to the bottom by scrolling your node down to the bottom, wait till there's 13 or 14 seconds left, then quickly scroll up to the top of the hack screen and start your hack.

If you don't get a good set up in the hack screen, just Esc out and try again, it may take 10 or 20 tries for high SL belts, but if your Hacking is high enough, you should be able to do it.

I'm just messing with you about your spam...errrr post count, don't be so sensitive about it........:lol:

Disturbed021
09-08-03, 09:05
I'd say pretty much what Spoon said.
With 100 hack +5 from my SF I haven't found a belt I couldn't hack yet. Sometimes I have to caste Spy 1 on myself after a few attempts, but normally just 1-3 trys and I'm in. Waiting until the last 10 seconds and planning the most efficient use of your charges is the key. If you light up 14 nodes with 1-2 seconds left the computer cant react fast enough to counter you; therefore you get the loot :D

/edit forgot you are an APU monk and can't caste SPY 1 on urself.
105 natural should get you in just about everyones belts (would say 90-95%), tho it may take you a few more trys for the higher SL belts....but then again what r u doing killing ppl with high sl neways? :p

MortuusLupus
09-08-03, 10:31
There's a lot more skill to hacking than most people believe. Beating the AI on a complicted field when you have only enough charges to get 11 or 12 spots lit up would be impossible for a novice, but for more experienced hackers it would be much easier. Not necessarily easy, but easier.

Lucky Sparks
09-08-03, 13:16
spoon is right on .. that man knows what he is talking bout =)